FoodBanter.com

-   -   case of spare ribs for $29.99 (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/77207-case-spare-ribs-29-a.html)

jimmyz 22-12-2005 09:21 PM

case of spare ribs for $29.99

Just left my local butcher and they have 30lb cases of spare ribs of
$29.99...is that a very good deal or avarge? i have a freezer i could
put them in if it is a real good deal. the fresh spare ribs where 2.99
a lb.

Kevin S. Wilson 22-12-2005 09:35 PM

case of spare ribs for $29.99

On 22 Dec 2005 13:21:57 -0800, "jimmyz" >
wrote:

>Just left my local butcher and they have 30lb cases of spare ribs of
>$29.99...is that a very good deal or avarge? i have a freezer i could
>put them in if it is a real good deal. the fresh spare ribs where 2.99
>a lb.

A dollar a pound? I'd file that under "If it sounds too good to be
true . . ."

My last encounter with dirt-cheap spares was a case of frozen spares
imported from Denmark. They were just plain wrong in a dozen different
ways.

2fatbbq 22-12-2005 10:25 PM

case of spare ribs for $29.99

"jimmyz" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just left my local butcher and they have 30lb cases of spare ribs of
> $29.99...is that a very good deal or avarge? i have a freezer i could
> put them in if it is a real good deal. the fresh spare ribs where 2.99
> a lb.

if they look good buy them---if nothing else they will be good with
sauerkraut<sf>

Buzz

Brick 23-12-2005 12:46 AM

case of spare ribs for $29.99

On 22-Dec-2005, "jimmyz" > wrote:

> Just left my local butcher and they have 30lb cases of spare ribs of
> $29.99...is that a very good deal or avarge? i have a freezer i could
> put them in if it is a real good deal. the fresh spare ribs where 2.99
> a lb.

A good deal is under $1.50/lb.

--
Brick(I'm paddling as fast as I can)

TFM® 26-12-2005 04:45 AM

case of spare ribs for $29.99

jimmyz wrote:
> Just left my local butcher and they have 30lb cases of spare ribs of
> $29.99...is that a very good deal or avarge? i have a freezer i could
> put them in if it is a real good deal. the fresh spare ribs where 2.99
> a lb.

Nope, not a good deal.......it's a freakin' steal!

Buy all you can store.

--
TFM®