FoodBanter.com

-   -   A day in Georgia (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/75460-day-georgia.html)

Big Jim 01-12-2005 04:42 PM

A day in Georgia

Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look. Might take
a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me and I will try
to fix it
http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

[email protected] 01-12-2005 09:40 PM

A day in Georgia

"Big Jim" > wrote:

> Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look. Might
> take a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me and I
> will try to fix it
> http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm

Pics loaded nice and fast on my dialup. All the food looks really great,
Big Jim, and the accompanying text was real helpful. Is Ginger as deadly
with a handgun?

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Big Jim 01-12-2005 10:20 PM

A day in Georgia

> wrote in message
> "Big Jim" > wrote:
>
>> Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look. Might
>> take a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me and I
>> will try to fix it
>> http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm

> Pics loaded nice and fast on my dialup. All the food looks really great,
> Big Jim, and the accompanying text was real helpful. Is Ginger as deadly
> with a handgun?
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
> their families:
> http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
>
> Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten. Thanks ! !
> !

I am not sure. We couldn't find her bullet in the tree <g>

[email protected] 01-12-2005 11:09 PM

A day in Georgia

"Big Jim" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > "Big Jim" > wrote:
> >
> >> Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look.
> >> Might take a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at
> >> me and I will try to fix it
> >> http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm

> > Pics loaded nice and fast on my dialup. All the food looks really
> > great, Big Jim, and the accompanying text was real helpful. Is Ginger
> > as deadly with a handgun?
> >

> I am not sure. We couldn't find her bullet in the tree <g>

Didja look for an exit wound? ;-D

Was she shootin' one of these:
http://www.magnumresearch.com/Desert_Eagle.asp

Burnt Food Dude 02-12-2005 01:30 AM

A day in Georgia

"Big Jim" > wrote in message

> Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look. Might
> take a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me and I
> will try to fix it
> http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm
> --
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Simple BBQ'n aint the word for it! Thats close to the way I imagine BBQ
started. A fire and meat, no big fancy pits / cookers.

Damn, that food looks good!

Big Jim 02-12-2005 01:36 AM

A day in Georgia

"Burnt Food Dude" <burntfooddude@(no spam)yahoo.com> wrote in message
t...

> "Big Jim" > wrote in message
>>
>> Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look. Might
>> take a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me and I
>> will try to fix it
>> http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm
>> --
>> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

> Simple BBQ'n aint the word for it! Thats close to the way I imagine BBQ
> started. A fire and meat, no big fancy pits / cookers.
>
> Damn, that food looks good!

Dude, it was netter than good. that last plate picture had the tenderloin
on it. Oh was it ever good. Melt in yer mouth, so did the chops and ribs
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

BOB 02-12-2005 04:57 AM

A day in Georgia

Big Jim wrote:
:: Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look.
Might take
:: a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me and I
will try
:: to fix it
:: http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm
:: --
:: James A. "Big Jim" Whitten
::
::
www.lazyq.com

There's two places that I really want to eat before I cash it in. One
is Danny's BBQ in Carlsbad and the other is at Bob and Ginger's in
Georgia.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Big Jim 02-12-2005 01:05 PM

A day in Georgia

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Big Jim wrote:
> :: Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look. Might
> take
> :: a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me and I
> will try
> :: to fix it
> :: http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm
> :: --
> :: James A. "Big Jim" Whitten
> ::
> ::
www.lazyq.com

> There's two places that I really want to eat before I cash it in. One is
> Danny's BBQ in Carlsbad and the other is at Bob and Ginger's in Georgia.
>
> BOB
>
> --
> Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

--I have eaten at both<g> and a bunch of others, including Bugg's Place.
If you do that you will have done the big three.
You coming New Years?
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

kilikini 02-12-2005 01:14 PM

A day in Georgia

"Big Jim" > wrote in message

> " BOB" > wrote in message
> > Big Jim wrote:
> > :: Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look.

Might
> > take
> > :: a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me and I
> > will try
> > :: to fix it
> > :: http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm
> > :: --
> > :: James A. "Big Jim" Whitten
> > ::
> > ::
www.lazyq.com

> > There's two places that I really want to eat before I cash it in. One

is
> > Danny's BBQ in Carlsbad and the other is at Bob and Ginger's in Georgia.
> >
> > BOB
> >
> > --
> > Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List
> >

> --I have eaten at both<g> and a bunch of others, including Bugg's Place.
> If you do that you will have done the big three.
> You coming New Years?

Hey, New Years Day is on a Sunday! I can go! Yay! (I work Saturdays.)

kili

Harry Demidavicius 03-12-2005 12:40 AM

A day in Georgia

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:05:06 -0500, "Big Jim" >
wrote:

>" BOB" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Big Jim wrote:
>> :: Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look. Might
>> take
>> :: a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me and I
>> will try
>> :: to fix it
>> :: http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm
>> :: --
>> :: James A. "Big Jim" Whitten
>> ::
>> ::
www.lazyq.com

>> There's two places that I really want to eat before I cash it in. One is
>> Danny's BBQ in Carlsbad and the other is at Bob and Ginger's in Georgia.
>>
>> BOB
>>
>> --
>> Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List
>>

>--I have eaten at both<g> and a bunch of others, including Bugg's Place.
> If you do that you will have done the big three.
> You coming New Years?
>James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

>www.lazyq.com

You ATE at Bugg's & didn't share? I had to hit on Nick to get a bit
of what he scrounged . . . .

Harry

BOB 03-12-2005 01:09 AM

A day in Georgia

Big Jim wrote:
:: " BOB" > wrote in message
:: ...
::: Big Jim wrote:
::::: Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a
look. Might take
::::: a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me
and I will try
::::: to fix it
::::: http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm
::::: --
::::: James A. "Big Jim" Whitten
:::::
:::::
www.lazyq.com
:::
:::
::: There's two places that I really want to eat before I cash it in.
One is
::: Danny's BBQ in Carlsbad and the other is at Bob and Ginger's in
Georgia.
:::
::: BOB
:::
::: --
::: Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List
:::
::
:: --I have eaten at both<g> and a bunch of others, including Bugg's
Place.
:: If you do that you will have done the big three.

Well, I've eaten *your* BBQ so I'm 1/4 of the way there. <vbg>!

:: You coming New Years?

Probably if I don't cut myself at work again this year. I've also
been begged to cook with a cook team at a KCBS competition in Felda
(Florida) on Dec. 31 - Jan. 1. But there are other competitions
throughout the year and New Years at Burnt Island only comes once a
year. Are we allowed to come on the 31st and set up a tent? I'm just
thinking on the keyboard right now.

BOB

[email protected] 03-12-2005 02:15 AM

A day in Georgia

Harry Demidavicius > wrote:
> Big Jim" > wrote:
> >" BOB" > wrote in message
> >> Big Jim wrote:

> >> :: Went to Bob and Gingers. We ate. Took some pictures. Take a look.
> >> :: Might
> >> take
> >> :: a minute for the pictures to load. If They don't holler at me and I
> >> will try
> >> :: to fix it
> >> :: http://www.lazyq.com/orgy_in_georgia.htm
> >>
> >> There's two places that I really want to eat before I cash it in. One
> >> is Danny's BBQ in Carlsbad and the other is at Bob and Ginger's in
> >> Georgia.
> >>

> >--I have eaten at both<g> and a bunch of others, including Bugg's Place.
> > If you do that you will have done the big three.
> > You coming New Years?
> >

> You ATE at Bugg's & didn't share? I had to hit on Nick to get a bit
> of what he scrounged . . . .

Scrounged is right. They cleaned that boy out on Opening Day. He seemed
quite abashed that he didn't have more for us a.b.f'ers, but took our gaffs
in good-nature, as they were meant. ;-)

Big Jim 03-12-2005 05:47 PM

A day in Georgia

. ..
www.lazyq.com
> :::
> :::
> ::: There's two places that I really want to eat before I cash it in. One
> is
> ::: Danny's BBQ in Carlsbad and the other is at Bob and Ginger's in
> Georgia.
> :::
> ::: BOB
> :::
> ::: --
> ::: Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List
> :::
> ::
> :: --I have eaten at both<g> and a bunch of others, including Bugg's
> Place.
> :: If you do that you will have done the big three.
>
> Well, I've eaten *your* BBQ so I'm 1/4 of the way there. <vbg>!
>
> :: You coming New Years?
>
> Probably if I don't cut myself at work again this year. I've also been
> begged to cook with a cook team at a KCBS competition in Felda (Florida)
> on Dec. 31 - Jan. 1. But there are other competitions throughout the year
> and New Years at Burnt Island only comes once a year. Are we allowed to
> come on the 31st and set up a tent? I'm just thinking on the keyboard
> right now.
>
> BOB

I don't see why not.--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

kilikini 03-12-2005 09:24 PM

A day in Georgia

www.lazyq.com
> > :::
> > :::
> > ::: There's two places that I really want to eat before I cash it in.

One
> > is
> > ::: Danny's BBQ in Carlsbad and the other is at Bob and Ginger's in
> > Georgia.
> > :::
> > ::: BOB
> > :::
> > ::: --
> > ::: Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List
> > :::
> > ::
> > :: --I have eaten at both<g> and a bunch of others, including Bugg's
> > Place.
> > :: If you do that you will have done the big three.
> >
> > Well, I've eaten *your* BBQ so I'm 1/4 of the way there. <vbg>!
> >
> > :: You coming New Years?
> >
> > Probably if I don't cut myself at work again this year. I've also been
> > begged to cook with a cook team at a KCBS competition in Felda (Florida)
> > on Dec. 31 - Jan. 1. But there are other competitions throughout the

year
> > and New Years at Burnt Island only comes once a year. Are we allowed to
> > come on the 31st and set up a tent? I'm just thinking on the keyboard
> > right now.
> >
> > BOB
> >

> I don't see why not.--
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Okay, we have some friends that have a camping area on Burnt Island. BOB,
do you ever get on The Outhouse, TFM®'s BBQ group? If so, you know Ed. Ed
will let you set up a tent, no problem.

kili

BOB 05-12-2005 09:15 PM

A day in Georgia

Big Jim wrote:
:: " BOB" wrote:
::
::: New Years at Burnt Island only comes once a year. Are we allowed
::: come on the 31st and set up a tent? I'm just thinking on the
keyboard
::: right now.
:::
::: BOB
:::
:::
::
:: I don't see why not.--
:: James A. "Big Jim" Whitten
::
::
www.lazyq.com

I might give it a try if the night time temperatures are higher than
predicted for *this* weekend.
Hope to see ya there!

BOB
--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

TFM® 05-12-2005 11:16 PM

A day in Georgia

BOB wrote:
> Big Jim wrote:
> :: " BOB" wrote:
> ::
> ::: New Years at Burnt Island only comes once a year. Are we allowed
> ::: come on the 31st and set up a tent? I'm just thinking on the
> keyboard
> ::: right now.
> :::
> ::: BOB
> :::
> :::
> ::
> :: I don't see why not.--
> :: James A. "Big Jim" Whitten
> ::
> ::
www.lazyq.com

> I might give it a try if the night time temperatures are higher than
> predicted for *this* weekend.
> Hope to see ya there!
>
> BOB

Ed Clay said you could stay at the 'campground' just a few miles east
and north of the cookin'.

He's got a pop up trailer set up permanent there. Don't know if he has
heat or not.

TFM®