Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Stan (the Man)

Default Walmart Vacuum Sealer Bags

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
> Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
> Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
> haven't done a price comparison yet either

What brand(s) of vacuum sealer do they work with?

--
Stan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Mike \Piedmont\

Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
haven't done a price comparison yet either
--
Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msn
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

On 8-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" > wrote:

> Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
> > Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
> > Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
> > haven't done a price comparison yet either

> What brand(s) of vacuum sealer do they work with?
>
> --
> Stan

Must be channel bag rolls Stan. That's at least twice what I pay for single layer
non-channel bags. They'll work with any foodsaver knock-off as well as a snorkel
machine like mine.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Mike \Piedmont\

Stan (the Man) wrote:
> Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
>> Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
>> Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
>> haven't done a price comparison yet either

> What brand(s) of vacuum sealer do they work with?
>
> --
> Stan

They look the same as a food saver bag/roll. They don't have the
obnoxious inner flaps that the B&D ones have.

--
Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msn

What is needed next for mankind to advance is; Separation of business
from state, in addition to separation of church from state.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Jmagerl

I was looking at them too but bought the B&D ones because they had a
closeout and were cheaper. The box says works with all sealers.

"Mike "Piedmont"" > wrote in message
> Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
> Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
> haven't done a price comparison yet either
> --
> Regards, Mike (Piedmont)
>
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msn

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Stan (the Man)

Brick wrote:
> On 8-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" > wrote:
>

>>Mike "Piedmont" wrote:
>>
>>>Walmart is now carrying a Great Value brand of vacuum sealer bags/rolls.
>>>Under $6.50+/- for 16 feet of 11" wide rolls. Anyone used these yet, I
>>>haven't done a price comparison yet either

>>What brand(s) of vacuum sealer do they work with?
>>
>>--
>>Stan

> Must be channel bag rolls Stan. That's at least twice what I pay for single layer
> non-channel bags. They'll work with any foodsaver knock-off as well as a snorkel
> machine like mine.

Where do you get yours?

--
Stan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Mike \Piedmont\

Jmagerl wrote:
> I was looking at them too but bought the B&D ones because they had a
> closeout and were cheaper. The box says works with all sealers.

I didn't like the B&D for one reason, I wash and reuse and the B&D inner
flaps are a pain to wash thoroughly. Other than that they do the job.
But, I'd buy them again if they were marked down low enough!

--
Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msn

What is needed next for mankind to advance is; Separation of business
from state, in addition to separation of church from state.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

On 9-Nov-2005, "Mike \"Piedmont\"" > wrote:

> Jmagerl wrote:
> > I was looking at them too but bought the B&D ones because they had a
> > closeout and were cheaper. The box says works with all sealers.

> I didn't like the B&D for one reason, I wash and reuse and the B&D inner
> flaps are a pain to wash thoroughly. Other than that they do the job.
> But, I'd buy them again if they were marked down low enough!
>
> --
> Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

I have no incentive to wash my 10˘ bags. That's why my food saver sits
under the counter someplace and my snorkel sealer sit on the counter-
top. I'm familiar with product loyalty, but loyalty to ripoff escapes me
completely.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Jack Sloan

Default Walmart Vacuum Sealer Bags - "GlarZipLocVac'd.JPG" 57.8 KBytes

wrote:

bags/rolls.

> > > Must be channel bag rolls Stan. That's at least twice what I pay for

single layer
> > > non-channel bags. They'll work with any foodsaver knock-off as well as

a snorkel
> > > machine like mine.

> > Where do you get yours?
> >
> > --
> > Stan

> For openers Stan, I have a FoodSaver, but it stays under the counter and

comes
> up only for vacuuming jars. My countertop vacuum machine is a Snorkel type
> called "Sinbo VS280" from Sorbent Systems where I also purchase my 3 mil
> single layer poly bags. If you're using a FoodSaver knockoff, the bags I

use
> won't work on/in you machine. Will your machine vac and seal a "Glad"

ziplock?
> Mine will. Check it out.
> --
> The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed

my mind.)

----

And this is not a binarys group.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

On 9-Nov-2005, "Jack Sloan" > wrote:

> "Brick" > wrote in message

> bags/rolls.

> single layer

> a snorkel
> > >
> > > Where do you get yours?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Stan

> > For openers Stan, I have a FoodSaver, but it stays under the counter and

> comes
> > up only for vacuuming jars. My countertop vacuum machine is a Snorkel type
> > called "Sinbo VS280" from Sorbent Systems where I also purchase my 3 mil
> > single layer poly bags. If you're using a FoodSaver knockoff, the bags I

> use
> > won't work on/in you machine. Will your machine vac and seal a "Glad"

> ziplock?
> > Mine will. Check it out.
> > --
> > The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed

> my mind.)

> And this is not a binarys group.

Well, shit does happen, doesn't it? And your on subject point is?

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Jack Sloan

wrote:

> > bags/rolls.

yet,

for
> > single layer

well as
> > a snorkel

> > > For openers Stan, I have a FoodSaver, but it stays under the counter

and
> > comes
> > > up only for vacuuming jars. My countertop vacuum machine is a Snorkel

type
> > > called "Sinbo VS280" from Sorbent Systems where I also purchase my 3

mil
> > > single layer poly bags. If you're using a FoodSaver knockoff, the bags

> > use
> > > won't work on/in you machine. Will your machine vac and seal a "Glad"

> > ziplock?
> > > Mine will. Check it out.
> > > --
> > > The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already

changed
> > my mind.)

> > And this is not a binarys group.

> Well, shit does happen, doesn't it? And your on subject point is?

Brick, have you been drinkin' again...I sure hope so, 'cause I have.
Jack

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Stan (the Man)

Brick wrote:
> On 9-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" > wrote:
>

>>Brick wrote:

>>>Must be channel bag rolls Stan. That's at least twice what I pay for single layer
>>>non-channel bags. They'll work with any foodsaver knock-off as well as a snorkel
>>>machine like mine.

>>Where do you get yours?
>>
>>--
>>Stan

> For openers Stan, I have a FoodSaver, but it stays under the counter and comes
> up only for vacuuming jars. My countertop vacuum machine is a Snorkel type
> called "Sinbo VS280" from Sorbent Systems where I also purchase my 3 mil
> single layer poly bags.

I believe Sorbent used to sell channel bags that were compatible with
the Tilia until Tilia went ballistic and stopped them.

If you're using a FoodSaver knockoff, the bags I use
> won't work on/in you machine.

Mine is a Tilia. The 1050.

Will your machine vac and seal a "Glad" ziplock?
> Mine will. Check it out.

I doubt it, but I'll give it a go.

--
Stan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

On 9-Nov-2005, "Jack Sloan" > wrote:

> "Brick" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > Well, shit does happen, doesn't it? And your on subject point is?
> >

> Brick, have you been drinkin' again...I sure hope so, 'cause I have.
> Jack

Jack, I never drink unless I'm alone or with somebody. And I never drink before
5 o'clock. Of course, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere.

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Mike \Piedmont\

Brick wrote:
> On 9-Nov-2005, "Mike \"Piedmont\"" > wrote:
>
>> Jmagerl wrote:
>>> I was looking at them too but bought the B&D ones because they had a
>>> closeout and were cheaper. The box says works with all sealers.

>> I didn't like the B&D for one reason, I wash and reuse and the B&D inner
>> flaps are a pain to wash thoroughly. Other than that they do the job.
>> But, I'd buy them again if they were marked down low enough!
>>
>> --
>> Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

> I have no incentive to wash my 10˘ bags. That's why my food saver sits
> under the counter someplace and my snorkel sealer sit on the counter-
> top. I'm familiar with product loyalty, but loyalty to ripoff escapes me
> completely.

Probably try the sinbo next time the food saver dies.

--
Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msn

What is needed next for mankind to advance is; Separation of business
from state, in addition to separation of church from state.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

On 9-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" > wrote:

> Brick wrote:

<snip>

> > For openers Stan, I have a FoodSaver, but it stays under the counter and comes
> > up only for vacuuming jars. My countertop vacuum machine is a Snorkel type
> > called "Sinbo VS280" from Sorbent Systems where I also purchase my 3 mil
> > single layer poly bags.

> I believe Sorbent used to sell channel bags that were compatible with
> the Tilia until Tilia went ballistic and stopped them.

The Tilia bags/rolls are apparently manufactured by Sorbent Systems. And yes
they used to sell them. Tilia holds the patent for their special channel bags and
apparently Sorbent didn't have a license to sell them.

> If you're using a FoodSaver knockoff, the bags I use
> > won't work on/in you machine.

> Mine is a Tilia. The 1050.
>
> Will your machine vac and seal a "Glad" ziplock?
> > Mine will. Check it out.

I sound like I'm trying to be a smartass, but the point is that snorkel
machines like the Sinbo VS280 don't require any special type of bag
other then it be heat sealable.

While common Ziplock bags can be evacuated and sealed with a
snorkel machine they are highly unreliable for maintaining a vacuum
over time. The multilayer Tilia bags/rolls are clearly superior in that
regard, but not enough to justify the cost IMO.

> I doubt it, but I'll give it a go.
>
> --
> Stan

Don't bother Stan. The Tilia design absolutely requires channel bags.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Stan (the Man)

Brick wrote:
> On 9-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" > wrote:
>

>>Brick wrote:

> <snip>
>
>>>For openers Stan, I have a FoodSaver, but it stays under the counter and comes
>>>up only for vacuuming jars. My countertop vacuum machine is a Snorkel type
>>>called "Sinbo VS280" from Sorbent Systems where I also purchase my 3 mil
>>>single layer poly bags.

>>I believe Sorbent used to sell channel bags that were compatible with
>>the Tilia until Tilia went ballistic and stopped them.

> The Tilia bags/rolls are apparently manufactured by Sorbent Systems. And yes
> they used to sell them. Tilia holds the patent for their special channel bags and
> apparently Sorbent didn't have a license to sell them.
>
>> If you're using a FoodSaver knockoff, the bags I use
>>
>>>won't work on/in you machine.

>>Mine is a Tilia. The 1050.
>>
>> Will your machine vac and seal a "Glad" ziplock?
>>
>>>Mine will. Check it out.

> I sound like I'm trying to be a smartass, but the point is that snorkel
> machines like the Sinbo VS280 don't require any special type of bag
> other then it be heat sealable.
>
> While common Ziplock bags can be evacuated and sealed with a
> snorkel machine they are highly unreliable for maintaining a vacuum
> over time. The multilayer Tilia bags/rolls are clearly superior in that
> regard, but not enough to justify the cost IMO.

But, I assume there are bags that are more commonly used with the Sinbo,
yes? Do they hold their seal acceptably? Reason I ask is that my Tilia
is starting to go belly up and I'm ready to purchase a new machine. I
owe no loyalty to Tilia.

--
Stan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Jack Sloan

"Brick" > wrote in message

> On 9-Nov-2005, "Jack Sloan" > wrote:

> <snip>
>

> > > Well, shit does happen, doesn't it? And your on subject point is?
> > >

> > Brick, have you been drinkin' again...I sure hope so, 'cause I have.
> > Jack

> Jack, I never drink unless I'm alone or with somebody. And I never drink

before
> 5 o'clock. Of course, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere.

Zactly my sentiments.
Jack

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Jack Sloan

wrote:

> <snip>
>
> > > For openers Stan, I have a FoodSaver, but it stays under the counter

and comes
> > > up only for vacuuming jars. My countertop vacuum machine is a Snorkel

type
> > > called "Sinbo VS280" from Sorbent Systems where I also purchase my 3

mil
> > > single layer poly bags.

> > I believe Sorbent used to sell channel bags that were compatible with
> > the Tilia until Tilia went ballistic and stopped them.

> The Tilia bags/rolls are apparently manufactured by Sorbent Systems. And

yes
> they used to sell them. Tilia holds the patent for their special channel

bags and
> apparently Sorbent didn't have a license to sell them.
> >
> > If you're using a FoodSaver knockoff, the bags I use
> > > won't work on/in you machine.

> > Mine is a Tilia. The 1050.
> >
> > Will your machine vac and seal a "Glad" ziplock?
> > > Mine will. Check it out.

> I sound like I'm trying to be a smartass, but the point is that snorkel
> machines like the Sinbo VS280 don't require any special type of bag
> other then it be heat sealable.
>
> While common Ziplock bags can be evacuated and sealed with a
> snorkel machine they are highly unreliable for maintaining a vacuum
> over time. The multilayer Tilia bags/rolls are clearly superior in that
> regard, but not enough to justify the cost IMO.
>

> > I doubt it, but I'll give it a go.
> >
> > --
> > Stan

> Don't bother Stan. The Tilia design absolutely requires channel bags.
> --
> The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed

my mind.)

The B&D bags work jes" fine in my foodsaver.
Jack

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:13:11 GMT, "Jack Sloan" >
wrote:

<snip 70 lines of quoted text>

> The B&D bags work jes" fine in my foodsaver.

It apparently works better than your delete key.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:13:11 GMT, "Jack Sloan" >
> wrote:
>
> <snip 70 lines of quoted text>
> >
> > The B&D bags work jes" fine in my foodsaver.

> It apparently works better than your delete key.

If I were a betting man I'd say you will get a reply that fully exploits
the delete key. I'm just guessing.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Edwin Pawlowski

"Mike "Piedmont"" > wrote in message
> Probably try the sinbo next time the food saver dies.
>
> --

My only question is how much vacuum do you need? I recall a test that the
Foodsaver pulled a better vacuum than the Sinbo. While that is a good
trait, is the Sinbo adequate? Numbers on a manometer only tell part of the
story and don't always relate to performance needed. What about the bag
thickness? The regular Glad bags are too thin for a lot of items, but if
the Sorbent system bags are as good as Foodsaver, that makes them a much
better buy.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

On 10-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" > wrote:

> Brick wrote:

> > <snip>

> > While common Ziplock bags can be evacuated and sealed with a
> > snorkel machine they are highly unreliable for maintaining a vacuum
> > over time. The multilayer Tilia bags/rolls are clearly superior in that
> > regard, but not enough to justify the cost IMO.

> But, I assume there are bags that are more commonly used with the Sinbo,
> yes? Do they hold their seal acceptably? Reason I ask is that my Tilia
> is starting to go belly up and I'm ready to purchase a new machine. I
> owe no loyalty to Tilia.
>
> --
> Stan

The answer to your question is a simple yes Stan, with emphasis on "acceptably".
Plus most vacuum failures can simply be resealed to achieve acceptable performance.
Check out http://www.sorbentsystems.com/ for the variety of equipment and supplies
that they offer. They offer a full range of commercial equipment and supplies as well
as their home user products.

I buy only single layer 3 mil bags, although they offer a wide variety of thicker poly
bags as well as foil products. As soon as you get beyond the 3 mil materials, you
approach Tilia prices for bag material.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

On 10-Nov-2005, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Mike "Piedmont"" > wrote in message
> > Probably try the sinbo next time the food saver dies.
> >

> My only question is how much vacuum do you need? I recall a test that the
> Foodsaver pulled a better vacuum than the Sinbo. While that is a good
> trait, is the Sinbo adequate? Numbers on a manometer only tell part of the
> story and don't always relate to performance needed. What about the bag
> thickness? The regular Glad bags are too thin for a lot of items, but if
> the Sorbent system bags are as good as Foodsaver, that makes them a much
> better buy.

Tilia uses a 5-ply bag which is clearly superior to a single layer 3 mil bag. However,
how much better relative to required performance is up for grabs. I opt for the much
cheaper single layer poly bags and get along just fine with them. Sorbent Systems
makes bags in more then one thickness and from a variety of materials. A bag like
MRE's are packed in will cost you dearly, but Sorbent will supply them for you if
that's what you want.

I did a comparison a few months ago using the ability to crush an aluminum beer
can as the criteria. Neither machine was able to crush a can completely flat, but
the Tilia had a barely noticeable edge. Using the ability to preserve cheese as a
guide, my Sinbo absolutely preserves cheese between uses. In that instance, I
just reseal the same bag each time I close it back up. I only lose about 1/2" of the
bag each time I open it.

I still have a picture of the Sinbo packed beercan. I will post it on ABF if you like.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Stan (the Man)

Brick wrote:
> On 10-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" > wrote:
>

>>Brick wrote:

>>><snip>

>>>While common Ziplock bags can be evacuated and sealed with a
>>>snorkel machine they are highly unreliable for maintaining a vacuum
>>>over time. The multilayer Tilia bags/rolls are clearly superior in that
>>>regard, but not enough to justify the cost IMO.

>>But, I assume there are bags that are more commonly used with the Sinbo,
>>yes? Do they hold their seal acceptably? Reason I ask is that my Tilia
>>is starting to go belly up and I'm ready to purchase a new machine. I
>>owe no loyalty to Tilia.
>>
>>--
>>Stan

> The answer to your question is a simple yes Stan, with emphasis on "acceptably".
> Plus most vacuum failures can simply be resealed to achieve acceptable performance.
> Check out http://www.sorbentsystems.com/ for the variety of equipment and supplies
> that they offer. They offer a full range of commercial equipment and supplies as well
> as their home user products.
>
> I buy only single layer 3 mil bags, although they offer a wide variety of thicker poly
> bags as well as foil products. As soon as you get beyond the 3 mil materials, you
> approach Tilia prices for bag material.

My impatience got the better of me and I hopped onto eBay. Found the
Tilia Pro III, their top of the line model, for $163. It's brand new,
still in the box and comes with the usual extras, including warranty.
Tilia sells it for $299. With shipping, it came to just under $183.
That'll make up for the price difference on the bags for awhile anyway.

--
Stan

Great price on vacuum sealer bags for Canadians [email protected] Preserving 3 05-08-2010 03:31 PM
Vacuum sealer bags marika[_1_] Preserving 2 06-07-2009 07:21 PM
Vacuum sealer bags GoodCook Preserving 1 05-07-2009 05:04 PM
Vacuum sealer bags Big Daddy's House Preserving 0 05-07-2009 04:48 PM
LV 2008 New bags, LV Damier bags, LV Epi bags, LV Mahina Bags, LVMonogram bags,LV Monogram purses, LV Denim bags,LV Mini Lin bags,LVMulticolore bags,LV Vernis bags. [email protected] General Cooking 0 29-03-2008 11:07 AM