Cam

Default smoke bomb

I cooked a couple of racks of ribs yesterday in my WSM. Once they were
done I thought I'd make good use of the unburned lump by smoke drying
some hot peppers I'd recently harvested from my garden. I split the
peppers, laid them out on the top rack, shovelled a little more lump in
and tossed in a hunk of crabapple. I choked down the air intakes and 2
hours later the WSM was chugging along at 160. I left that going
overnight and figured to retrieve them in the morning.
This morning the peppers looked great, all shrivelled and dark but they
were still a little moist. I stuffed them into a jar and was ready to
stick the open jar in a window to dry when I had my genius idea for the
day. I put the jar in the microwave and set it for 2 minutes. Get'em
nice and hot - right?
I turned my back and the next thing you know my kitchen was filling
with clouds of smoke. Not nice smoke. It was like I had tear gassed my
own home. I was coughing and blowing my nose for the next hour. I think
I need supervision.

Cam

Jack Schidt®

"Cam" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I cooked a couple of racks of ribs yesterday in my WSM. Once they were
> done I thought I'd make good use of the unburned lump by smoke drying
> some hot peppers I'd recently harvested from my garden. I split the
> peppers, laid them out on the top rack, shovelled a little more lump in
> and tossed in a hunk of crabapple. I choked down the air intakes and 2
> hours later the WSM was chugging along at 160. I left that going
> overnight and figured to retrieve them in the morning.
> This morning the peppers looked great, all shrivelled and dark but they
> were still a little moist. I stuffed them into a jar and was ready to
> stick the open jar in a window to dry when I had my genius idea for the
> day. I put the jar in the microwave and set it for 2 minutes. Get'em
> nice and hot - right?
> I turned my back and the next thing you know my kitchen was filling
> with clouds of smoke. Not nice smoke. It was like I had tear gassed my
> own home. I was coughing and blowing my nose for the next hour. I think
> I need supervision.
>
> Cam

Haha, well it's not like you'll ever do that again. Thanks for posting,
since one of us might have that bright idea, or probably more on the money,
forget that we did that once and do it again. It's not like a buncha
collegiate kids on the NG, ya know.

Jack

cl

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:
> It's not like a buncha
> collegiate kids on the NG, ya know.

Why would you assume that?
Harry Demidavicius

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:43:43 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Cam" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>>I cooked a couple of racks of ribs yesterday in my WSM. Once they were
>> done I thought I'd make good use of the unburned lump by smoke drying
>> some hot peppers I'd recently harvested from my garden. I split the
>> peppers, laid them out on the top rack, shovelled a little more lump in
>> and tossed in a hunk of crabapple. I choked down the air intakes and 2
>> hours later the WSM was chugging along at 160. I left that going
>> overnight and figured to retrieve them in the morning.
>> This morning the peppers looked great, all shrivelled and dark but they
>> were still a little moist. I stuffed them into a jar and was ready to
>> stick the open jar in a window to dry when I had my genius idea for the
>> day. I put the jar in the microwave and set it for 2 minutes. Get'em
>> nice and hot - right?
>> I turned my back and the next thing you know my kitchen was filling
>> with clouds of smoke. Not nice smoke. It was like I had tear gassed my
>> own home. I was coughing and blowing my nose for the next hour. I think
>> I need supervision.
>>
>> Cam
>>

>Haha, well it's not like you'll ever do that again. Thanks for posting,
>since one of us might have that bright idea, or probably more on the money,
>forget that we did that once and do it again. It's not like a buncha
>collegiate kids on the NG, ya know.
>
>Jack

I keep telling you guys that all a nuker is good for is to warm
brandy.

Harry
Lew/+Silat

Harry Demidavicius > types these words of wisdom:

> I keep telling you guys that all a nuker is good for is to warm
> brandy.
>
> Harry

Damn straight Harry. Salute

--
Lew/+Silat

Duwop

"Cam" > wrote in message
> This morning the (Hot) peppers looked great, all shrivelled and dark but

they
> were still a little moist. <snip>

.. I put the jar in the microwave and set it for 2 minutes. Get'em
> nice and hot - right?
> I turned my back and the next thing you know my kitchen was filling
> with clouds of smoke. Not nice smoke. It was like I had tear gassed my
> own home. I was coughing and blowing my nose for the next hour. I think
> I need supervision.

LOL, thanks Cam, almost as good as last year's entry: "Poison Oak tainted
building material gave us a rash when we burnt it." Though yours is more
believable by far.

It's things like this that keep us humble. Lord knows, I've done my share.

Still smilin' at a house smellin' of smoked hot peppers,

Brick

On 26-Sep-2005, "Cam" > wrote:

> I cooked a couple of racks of ribs yesterday in my WSM.

[]

> I turned my back and the next thing you know my kitchen was filling
> with clouds of smoke. Not nice smoke. It was like I had tear gassed my
> own home. I was coughing and blowing my nose for the next hour. I think
> I need supervision.
>
> Cam

ROTFLMAO. The first thought that came to mind was "Don't try this at home."
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

"Brick" > wrote:
> On 26-Sep-2005, "Cam" > wrote:
>
> > I cooked a couple of racks of ribs yesterday in my WSM.

> []
> > I turned my back and the next thing you know my kitchen was filling
> > with clouds of smoke. Not nice smoke. It was like I had tear gassed my
> > own home. I was coughing and blowing my nose for the next hour. I think
> > I need supervision.
> >

> ROTFLMAO. The first thought that came to mind was "Don't try this at
> home."

You don't wanna be at my house when Jun is dry roasting Thai chiles in the
wok! I'm tearing, coughing and blowing my nose, while Jun stands at the
stove, stirring and singing.

As for me: "I've got to get to the next whiskey bar!"

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Pete Romfh

Cam wrote:
> I cooked a couple of racks of ribs yesterday in my WSM.
> Once they were done I thought I'd make good use of the
> unburned lump by smoke drying some hot peppers I'd
> recently harvested from my garden. I split the peppers,
> laid them out on the top rack, shovelled a little more
> lump in and tossed in a hunk of crabapple. I choked down
> the air intakes and 2 hours later the WSM was chugging
> along at 160. I left that going overnight and figured to
> retrieve them in the morning. This morning the peppers
> looked great, all shrivelled and dark but they were still
> a little moist. I stuffed them into a jar and was ready
> to stick the open jar in a window to dry when I had my
> genius idea for the day. I put the jar in the microwave
> and set it for 2 minutes. Get'em nice and hot - right? I
> turned my back and the next thing you know my kitchen was
> filling with clouds of smoke. Not nice smoke. It was like
> I had tear gassed my own home. I was coughing and blowing
> my nose for the next hour. I think I need supervision.
>
> Cam

Been there, done (sorta) that !!

I put seeded habanero chiles in my dehydrator in the kitchen. Went upstairs
for a few hours then came down to check on them. I damn near hit the floor.
It was like a face full of pepper spray.

Fortunately the wife was away for a few days so I could air things out in
peace.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh

Harry Demidavicius wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:43:43 GMT, "Jack Schidt=AE"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Cam" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >>I cooked a couple of racks of ribs yesterday in my WSM. Once they were
> >> done I thought I'd make good use of the unburned lump by smoke drying
> >> some hot peppers I'd recently harvested from my garden. I split the
> >> peppers, laid them out on the top rack, shovelled a little more lump in
> >> and tossed in a hunk of crabapple. I choked down the air intakes and 2
> >> hours later the WSM was chugging along at 160. I left that going
> >> overnight and figured to retrieve them in the morning.
> >> This morning the peppers looked great, all shrivelled and dark but they
> >> were still a little moist. I stuffed them into a jar and was ready to
> >> stick the open jar in a window to dry when I had my genius idea for the
> >> day. I put the jar in the microwave and set it for 2 minutes. Get'em
> >> nice and hot - right?
> >> I turned my back and the next thing you know my kitchen was filling
> >> with clouds of smoke. Not nice smoke. It was like I had tear gassed my
> >> own home. I was coughing and blowing my nose for the next hour. I think
> >> I need supervision.

Capsaicin is volatile.

> >> Cam
> >>

> >Haha, well it's not like you'll ever do that again. Thanks for posting,
> >since one of us might have that bright idea, or probably more on the mon=

ey,
> >forget that we did that once and do it again. It's not like a buncha
> >collegiate kids on the NG, ya know.
> >
> >Jack
> >

> I keep telling you guys that all a nuker is good for is to warm
> brandy.

Also good for reheating coffee. It's far better to just let the coffee
cool and microwave it later than it is to leave the coffee on a heater
plate.
>=20
> Harry

--Bryan

Bomb burgers!? notbob General Cooking 18 02-02-2012 06:44 PM
The Beef-A-Bomb J. Clarke General Cooking 6 17-03-2010 06:26 PM
Somebody set up us the chili bomb! Adam Funk[_2_] General Cooking 0 05-10-2007 10:54 AM
bomb making? treetoad Winemaking 10 28-03-2006 01:34 PM
Alaska bomb Vox Humana Baking 5 29-01-2005 01:08 PM