mikehende

Default Grilling chicken Hot dogs

I could never grill those properly, I would take them out being black all
over and the inside would still be on the hard side, I first thought that
this was due to the fire being too hot so yesterday I grilled all of the
other meat first and then put the dogs on when the fire was dying out and
kept putting on the sauce and turning time after time, as the fire was
dying out this took a long time for them to get black all around and it
still came out hard, so what is it you guys do to get the dogs soft just
like if you boil them? Thanks.

Dave Bugg

mikehende wrote:
>... and kept putting on the sauce and turning time
> after time, as the fire was dying out this took a long time for them
> to get black all around and it still came out hard, so what is it you
> guys do to get the dogs soft just like if you boil them? Thanks.

Mike, the sauce is burning onto the dog. The heat caramalizes the sugar in
the sauce and burns it. Quit putting sauce on the hot dogs until the last
minute of grilling. But why put sauce on? Let the guest put his own sauce
on, if he wants it. Some may just as soon skip the sauce.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Duwop

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> mikehende wrote:

> Mike, the sauce is burning onto the dog. The heat caramalizes the sugar

in
> the sauce and burns it. Quit putting sauce on the hot dogs until the last
> minute of grilling. But why put sauce on? Let the guest put his own

sauce
> on, if he wants it. Some may just as soon skip the sauce.

Sauce on dogs? Yeah, leave it on the side, please.

Adam

"mikehende" > wrote in message
lkaboutcooking.com...
>I could never grill those properly, I would take them out being black all
> over and the inside would still be on the hard side, I first thought that
> this was due to the fire being too hot so yesterday I grilled all of the
> other meat first and then put the dogs on when the fire was dying out and
> kept putting on the sauce and turning time after time, as the fire was
> dying out this took a long time for them to get black all around and it
> still came out hard, so what is it you guys do to get the dogs soft just
> like if you boil them? Thanks.

My question is, where are you buying hard hot dogs?

Adam
www.ReviewBBQ.com

phyteach

Chicken hot dogs? This is some sort of joke, right?

Clay Cahill

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:20:26 -0400, "mikehende" >
wrote:

> I would take them out being black all
>over and the inside would still be on the hard side,

Don't cook them frozen

--
Standard Disclaimer:
My Employer gives my internet access, but I don't speak for them...

Clay Cahill 2005

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late
nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - David Lee Roth