Alan S

Default Where To Buy Lump In Austin?

I have the cooker built and the pig ready to go for tomorrows party. Thx for
all the info folks, I am confident this one is gonna work out jes fine.
Anyone know where I can buy lump in Austin?

Thx

- A -

JakBQuik

"Alan S" > wrote in message
news
>I have the cooker built and the pig ready to go for tomorrows party. Thx
>for all the info folks, I am confident this one is gonna work out jes fine.
>Anyone know where I can buy lump in Austin?
>
> Thx
>
> - A -

I buy mine at Barbeque Outfitters on Bee Caves for about 6.50 a bag. I also
buy apple wood and pecan wood there for smoke. Bill ( the owner) and Scott
are very knowlegable.

Alan S

"JakBQuik" > wrote in message

> "Alan S" > wrote in message
> news
>>I have the cooker built and the pig ready to go for tomorrows party. Thx
>>for all the info folks, I am confident this one is gonna work out jes
>>fine. Anyone know where I can buy lump in Austin?
>>
>> Thx
>>
>> - A -
>>

> I buy mine at Barbeque Outfitters on Bee Caves for about 6.50 a bag. I
> also buy apple wood and pecan wood there for smoke. Bill ( the owner) and
> Scott are very knowlegable.
>Thanks! for the prompt reply, I will be there in the morning. The pig is
>butterflied and ready to go. I built this very tasty and spicy
>orange/mango/ginger/peppercorn marinade with a touch of good beer and honey
>in it and injected copious amounts into the pig and then stuffed about 5
>heads of garlic into her. Dusted her up good with cajun seasoning and put
>her on ice. I am looking forward to a wonderful day cooking, drinking beer,
>playing music with my friends and enjoying the break from the Texas heat
>that is finally here. Fall is my favorite time of year and even though I
>know it's probably going to get ridiculously hot again a couple of more
>times, I am still happy for the break!

Cheers!

- A -

Alan S > wrote:
> I have the cooker built and the pig ready to go for tomorrows party. Thx for
> all the info folks, I am confident this one is gonna work out jes fine.
> Anyone know where I can buy lump in Austin?

> Thx

Central Market had some a few weeks ago. 10 dollars for 20lb bag.
Not sure if they always carry it or it was just some kind of summer
special though.
--
I used to think government was a necessary evil.
I'm not so sure about the necessary part anymore.

So, I went to Austin picz77 Barbecue 4 30-10-2008 04:07 AM
Austin? pops Barbecue 14 19-09-2008 02:11 PM
Austin, TX BBQ? Barbecue 20 13-11-2006 10:14 PM
anyone been to austin TXZZ Sushi 2 22-10-2005 05:15 AM
Big Lump In Lump Charcoal Pierre Barbecue 8 11-07-2004 05:38 PM