Default Finally replaced my Weber Kettle

Checked the prices at WalMart and Lowe's, and WalMart was 37 cents
cheaper, so Lowe's gave me the WalMart price minus 10%. Yesterday, a
grill full of brats and chorizos fell to the ground (freshly mown
grass) when the apparatus I was using finally collapsed. It consisted
of an old Weber Kettle that had 3 rusty holes in the bottom where the
legs had long ago been attached. Inside the kettle was a grate with
some lava rocks. This sat atop a rusty old Meco bullet smoker in which
I'd build my wood fires. I'd been using this for several years, and
had posted about it on a.f.barbecue back in March of 2000. It worked
great for doing sausages, pork and chicken since I could get it hot w/o
direct flames on the meat, due to the lava rocks, and for steaks and
burgers I could put a bit of hickory bark on top of the lava rocks to
sear, and the bark would then burn away, so no more intense flames for
the remainder of the grilling, which with steaks never lasted much
longer anyway. One of the legs on the smoker collapsed.
I finished the above mentioned sausages on the Weber, placed atop 3
concrete blocks. The old Weber is now going out to the creek, to be
hidden in the nearby woody area, as it still has some utility left, but
it doesn't look much like it does, so I doubt that the local yokels
would take it if they came across it. Oh, I don't know if any of you
have ever had the experience of washing fresh grass clippings off a
natural casing sausage. It was quite a project. They don't just rinse
right off. So, now I join the ranks of the civilized with my brand new
Weber, but I'm going to miss that old thing.
Also, over Labor Day weekend we were out at the creek and I grilled
some Johnsonville Hot & Spicy brats over oak coals and shagbark bark.
I almost never buy Johnsonvilles because they are usually so much more
expensive than the store-made brats from a local supermarket
(Schnuck's), which are really good, but I was on the road and a small
town grocery had them for $3.50/19oz. pkg. Johnsonville's Hot & Spicy
brats rock! They're not very "hot," but the flavor is outstanding.

--Bryan

Dave Bugg

Pan paniscus wrote:

> And I solemnly promise to never let a drop of naptha come near it.

ROTFLOL!!!!
--

Dave
www.davebbq.com

Pan paniscus

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Pan paniscus wrote:
>
> > And I solemnly promise to never let a drop of naptha come near it.

> ROTFLOL!!!!
> --

It really isn't funny. That shit's nasty, and I don't for a minute
believe that it all burns off. Any civilized person uses a chimney or
an electric starter, or SOMETHING other than squirting petroleum
distillate into a thing that one uses to make FOOD. The shit shouldn't
even be legal because it's dangerous and the kind of pig who would get
that shit around his/her food is just the kind of idiot who'd be stupid
enough to use it in ways not recommended on the can/bottle.
I don't insult people for using charcoal, even briquets. I even
usually keep a bag on hand for situations like rain, even though
otherwise pretty strict about using only wood--luckily my sister has
lots of shagbark hickory trees, and I have 4 cherry, 1 peach and 1 pear
tree in my back yard--but using lighter fluid is like wiping your ass
on your grill.

> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

--Bryan

Matthew L. Martin

wrote:

>>>Checked the prices at WalMart and Lowe's, and WalMart was 37 cents
>>>cheaper, so Lowe's gave me the WalMart price minus 10%.

>><snip one loooooong paragraph too painful to read>
>>
>>You ought to save up some money and get a full-blown keyboard, one
>>with a big, fat ENTER key.

> Should I also make sure to organize posts into paragraphs that begin
> with a topic sentence, elaborate on that theme in the body, then close
> with one nice summation that ties everything together logically, and
> leaves all readers with a smile and a nod of the head that says, "Boy,
> that guy sure knows how to construct a paragraph."?

Well, in my case, I'd read it if you did that. I didn't read the
original post. If that doesn't matter to you it doesn't matter to me.

> You know, no one forces you to read posts, and since there's no
> shortage of bandwidth, like in the old days.

He was asking you to make your post longer, not shorter.

http://stlpunk.com/thebonobos
> http://myspace.com/thebonobos
> I'm one of the good guys.

Be that as it may, more people will read a well organized post than a
solid block of letters. That's one of the many reasons that publishers
employ editors.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

wrote:

> >><snip one loooooong paragraph too painful to read>
> >>
> >>You ought to save up some money and get a full-blown keyboard, one
> >>with a big, fat ENTER key.

> > Should I also make sure to organize posts into paragraphs that begin
> > with a topic sentence, elaborate on that theme in the body, then close
> > with one nice summation that ties everything together logically, and
> > leaves all readers with a smile and a nod of the head that says, "Boy,
> > that guy sure knows how to construct a paragraph."?

> Well, in my case, I'd read it if you did that. I didn't read the
> original post. If that doesn't matter to you it doesn't matter to me.

Since we're getting picky, you omitted the word, "have," in first
sentence of the above paragraph. Ideally, you should have worded it
thusly, "I'd have read it had you'd done that," or, "I'd have read it
if you'd done that." The way you wrote it would only be correct if you
were suggesting that you would accede to read it if I were to revise
the OP in a way that made it more attractive to you. Is that what
you're suggesting?

> > You know, no one forces you to read posts, and since there's no
> > shortage of bandwidth, like in the old days.

> He was asking you to make your post longer, not shorter.

What I meant was, the fact that he downloaded a post that he then
deemed unworthy of reading might have wasted a few seconds of his time,
but that was the extent of the harm.

> > What's also funny is that in this thread a fellow progressive is giving
> > me a bunch of crap, while a Right-winger is joking around with me.

http://stlpunk.com/thebonobos
> > http://myspace.com/thebonobos
> > I'm one of the good guys.

> Be that as it may, more people will read a well organized post than a
> solid block of letters.

My post was far from "a solid block of letters." It had both spaces
between the words, and punctuation marks.

> That's one of the many reasons that publishers employ editors.

What's funny about your reply is that in my real life I have
occasionally moonlighted as a copy editor. I thought that my standards
for writing exceeded the rather loose norms of Usenet. Should I also
indent at the beginning of new paragraphs, or perhaps skip a linespace?

> Matthew

--Bryan

Dave Bugg

Pan paniscus wrote:

> It really isn't funny. That shit's nasty, and I don't for a minute
> believe that it all burns off.

That's what most of us in AFB have been telling newbies for years. The
laughter was in agreement. :-)
--

Dave
www.davebbq.com

wrote:

> > >Checked the prices at WalMart and Lowe's, and WalMart was 37 cents
> > >cheaper, so Lowe's gave me the WalMart price minus 10%.

> > <snip one loooooong paragraph too painful to read>
> >
> > You ought to save up some money and get a full-blown keyboard, one
> > with a big, fat ENTER key.

> Should I also make sure to organize posts into paragraphs that begin
> with a topic sentence, elaborate on that theme in the body, then close
> with one nice summation that ties everything together logically, and
> leaves all readers with a smile and a nod of the head that says, "Boy,
> that guy sure knows how to construct a paragraph."?
>
> You know, no one forces you to read posts, and since there's no
> shortage of bandwidth, like in the old days.
>
> What's also funny is that in this thread a fellow progressive is giving
> me a bunch of crap, while a Right-winger is joking around with me.

http://stlpunk.com/thebonobos
> http://myspace.com/thebonobos
> I'm one of the good guys.

It's not one's politics that decides how one will be responded to, it's how
one acquits oneself in reply to compliments and digs; for the proud shall
be brought down and the humble raised up. I read that somewhere a while
back.

Welcome to the mixed bag, "CLASSACT"! Now I have to figure out if I'm a
progressive, a Right-winger, a Libertarian, FAQ nihil (?) or sumpin else.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

"Pan paniscus" > wrote:
> Dave Bugg wrote:
> > Pan paniscus wrote:
> >
> > > And I solemnly promise to never let a drop of naptha come near it.

> > ROTFLOL!!!!

> It really isn't funny. That shit's nasty, and I don't for a minute
> believe that it all burns off. Any civilized person uses a chimney or
> an electric starter, or SOMETHING other than squirting petroleum
> distillate into a thing that one uses to make FOOD. The shit shouldn't
> even be legal because it's dangerous and the kind of pig who would get
> that shit around his/her food is just the kind of idiot who'd be stupid
> enough to use it in ways not recommended on the can/bottle.
> I don't insult people for using charcoal, even briquets. I even
> usually keep a bag on hand for situations like rain, even though
> otherwise pretty strict about using only wood--luckily my sister has
> lots of shagbark hickory trees, and I have 4 cherry, 1 peach and 1 pear
> tree in my back yard--but using lighter fluid is like wiping your ass
> on your grill.

I use Jack Daniels to light the lump in my chimney, but I won't drink it!

wrote:
> > > Kevin S. Wilson wrote:[who cares?]

> > Well, in my case, I'd read it if you did that. I didn't read the
> > original post. If that doesn't matter to you it doesn't matter to me.

> Since we're getting picky, you omitted the word, "have," in first
> sentence of the above paragraph. Ideally, you should have worded it
> thusly, "I'd have read it had you'd done that," or, "I'd have read it
> if you'd done that." The way you wrote it would only be correct if you
> were suggesting that you would accede to read it if I were to revise
> the OP in a way that made it more attractive to you. Is that what
> you're suggesting?
> >
> > > You know, no one forces you to read posts, and since there's no
> > > shortage of bandwidth, like in the old days.

> > He was asking you to make your post longer, not shorter.

> What I meant was, the fact that he downloaded a post that he then
> deemed unworthy of reading might have wasted a few seconds of his time,
> but that was the extent of the harm.
> >
> > > What's also funny is that in this thread a fellow progressive is
> > > giving me a bunch of crap, while a Right-winger is joking around with
> > > me.
http://stlpunk.com/thebonobos
> > > http://myspace.com/thebonobos
> > > I'm one of the good guys.

> > Be that as it may, more people will read a well organized post than a
> > solid block of letters.

> My post was far from "a solid block of letters." It had both spaces
> between the words, and punctuation marks.
>
> > That's one of the many reasons that publishers employ editors.

> What's funny about your reply is that in my real life I have
> occasionally moonlighted as a copy editor. I thought that my standards
> for writing exceeded the rather loose norms of Usenet. Should I also
> indent at the beginning of new paragraphs, or perhaps skip a linespace?

Bryan, do yourself a favor. Don't get caught up in these picayune matters.

Thanks for not x-posting, BTW.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Matthew L. Martin

wrote:

>>>Should I also make sure to organize posts into paragraphs that begin
>>>with a topic sentence, elaborate on that theme in the body, then close
>>>with one nice summation that ties everything together logically, and
>>>leaves all readers with a smile and a nod of the head that says, "Boy,
>>>that guy sure knows how to construct a paragraph."?

>>Well, in my case, I'd read it if you did that. I didn't read the
>>original post. If that doesn't matter to you it doesn't matter to me.

> Since we're getting picky, you omitted the word, "have," in first
> sentence of the above paragraph. Ideally, you should have worded it
> thusly, "I'd have read it had you'd done that," or, "I'd have read it
> if you'd done that." The way you wrote it would only be correct if you
> were suggesting that you would accede to read it if I were to revise
> the OP in a way that made it more attractive to you. Is that what
> you're suggesting?

Close enough. If you care to repost it with improved style, I would read
it, as I read most of the posts to this ng. I simply don't try to read
40 lines of uninterrupted text.

>>>You know, no one forces you to read posts, and since there's no
>>>shortage of bandwidth, like in the old days.

>>He was asking you to make your post longer, not shorter.

> What I meant was, the fact that he downloaded a post that he then
> deemed unworthy of reading might have wasted a few seconds of his time,
> but that was the extent of the harm.
>
>>>What's also funny is that in this thread a fellow progressive is giving
>>>me a bunch of crap, while a Right-winger is joking around with me.

http://stlpunk.com/thebonobos
>>>http://myspace.com/thebonobos
>>>I'm one of the good guys.

>>Be that as it may, more people will read a well organized post than a
>>solid block of letters.

> My post was far from "a solid block of letters." It had both spaces
> between the words, and punctuation marks.

Are you really going to defend absence of paragraphs while nit picking
grammar.

>>That's one of the many reasons that publishers employ editors.

> What's funny about your reply is that in my real life I have
> occasionally moonlighted as a copy editor. I thought that my standards
> for writing exceeded the rather loose norms of Usenet. Should I also
> indent at the beginning of new paragraphs, or perhaps skip a linespace?

The method I see most commonly, is line blocked paragraphs.

Post to please yourself. As I said, if you don't mind that fewer people
will read what you write, neither do I.

--
Matthew

"All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of
people" -- Alexander Bullock ("My Man Godfrey" 1936)
Kevin S. Wilson

wrote:

>> >Checked the prices at WalMart and Lowe's, and WalMart was 37 cents
>> >cheaper, so Lowe's gave me the WalMart price minus 10%.

>> <snip one loooooong paragraph too painful to read>
>>
>> You ought to save up some money and get a full-blown keyboard, one
>> with a big, fat ENTER key.

>Should I also make sure to organize posts into paragraphs that begin
>with a topic sentence, elaborate on that theme in the body, then close
>with one nice summation that ties everything together logically, and
>leaves all readers with a smile and a nod of the head that says, "Boy,
>that guy sure knows how to construct a paragraph."?

<shrug> Depend on whether you want your posts to be read, or skipped
over. I'm certainly not going to plow through a single paragraph
consisting of over 100 lines just to find out if there's something of
value in all that bunched-up text.

The real question is, "Why would you want to make reading your prose
any more difficult than it need be?

>You know, no one forces you to read posts, and since there's no
>shortage of bandwidth, like in the old days.
>
>What's also funny is that in this thread a fellow progressive is giving
>me a bunch of crap, while a Right-winger is joking around with me.

http://stlpunk.com/thebonobos
>http://myspace.com/thebonobos
>I'm one of the good guys.

No one said you weren't. I merely suggested that you might want to
format you posts so they're more accessible.

F.G. Whitfurrows

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> Post to please yourself. As I said, if you don't mind that fewer
> people will read what you write, neither do I.

Funny. I must just be an intolerant SOB because I just KF'd the original
poster for X-posting. <g>

I'm gettin' crochety in my old age I guess.

--
The High Honorable Reverend
Fosco Gamgee Wooaaa.... hahaa... Whitfurrows

--Weddings performed for a nominal fee.
--Beer or magic shrooms accepted in lieu of cash payment
ROFL!

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> > Post to please yourself. As I said, if you don't mind that fewer
> > people will read what you write, neither do I.

> Funny. I must just be an intolerant SOB because I just KF'd the original
> poster for X-posting. <g>

Mr. Whitfurrows never learned about asking nicely first being far more
effective.
As long as my post to any group is even tangentially related to BBQ,
I'll make Goddamned SURE to X-post here, and there's really nothing
wrong with that. People who think they own unmoderated NGs just
because they are established regulars are full of crap.

> I'm gettin' crochety in my old age I guess.

I do SO hate it when crochety old farts killfile me, almost as much as
when loser punk rockers do. Oh, and that lipstick ******* on that one
group.

Perhaps I should start posting heavily on a.f.barbecue to compensate
for the bitter old men who know they're not long for this world, and
who also know that they'll never again get to **** any real hotties
unless they pay for it. I guess all there is left is gumming BBQ pork
off of rib bones, and getting all in a huff when someone posts in any
way that varies from your prissy little Netiquette.

--Bryan http://myspace.com/thebonobos

F.G. Whitfurrows

Now ya see, just when I'd changed my mind and decided not to KF ya, you went
and showed us all what a ClassAct you really are by saying stupid shit like:

> Mr. Whitfurrows never learned about asking nicely first being far more
> effective.

You see why this was a stupid thing to say li'l feller? You are in this
sentence suggesting that if I were to ask you nicely you would have never
X-posted to this group again, but in the very next sentence you make it
perfectly clear that:

> As long as my post to any group is even tangentially related to BBQ,
> I'll make Goddamned SURE to X-post here, and there's really nothing
> wrong with that.

See young whippersnapper. That right there is what we grown ups call double
talk. Also known as Get Yourself in Trouble Talk. You see, young man, they
call it that because it makes it incredibly easy for others to catch you in
your ridiculously shallow and bold faced lies. Its a good lesson to learn. I
suggest you take it to heart sometime soon before you get out of Junior High
School and join the real world.

>People who think they own unmoderated NGs >just
> because they are established regulars are full of >crap.

See. Now lets examine this incredibly asinine statement of yours. You are
obviously suggesting that I think I own this NG. Thats an interesting take
you have on the situation here, Junior, considering I never once told you
what to do or even suggested to you that you should consider changing your
ways. You see, little guy, what I did was mention that I had decided to
killfile you. You do know what that means, now, don't you? The killfile is a
handy dandy little tool that those of us who are a wee bit more mature than
you and your little Nyquil swilling buddies use in order to filter out the
"static" that so often seems to occur on these here little newsgroups. This
static comes in all different forms, two of those forms being asswipes and
x-posters. I was going to killfile ya for being a x-poster but decided
against it. Now I guess I'll just killfile ya for being an asswipe. Okey
dokey little guy? Now I don't wanna hurt your itsy bitsy li'l feelings here
buckaroo, but thats how I feel about ya and I don't really give a goddamn if
ya like it or not. I do have the sneaky suspiscion, however, that you really
don't give a rat's ass and that just makes this all the easier.

> I do SO hate it when crochety old farts killfile me, almost as much as
> when loser punk rockers do. Oh, and that lipstick ******* on that one
> group.

No ya don't Junior. Who ya tryin' to kid? You just spend your time bouncin'
from group to group in the hopes of finding someone new to **** off. Well
guess what my little man.....this ain't the group, or at least I'm not that
someone. I don't have the time in my life to be ****ed of over some little
9th grader who just figured out how to access Usenet on his Mommy's Dell.
I'll leave the being ****ed off to the punk rockers and the lipstick
*******s, although its a distinct possibility that the lipstick *******
would rather be ****ed on.

> Perhaps I should start posting heavily on a.f.barbecue to compensate
> for the bitter old men who know they're not long for this world, and
> who also know that they'll never again get to **** any real hotties
> unless they pay for it.

I don't really know how those guys'll feel about it if you do post heavily
here, but I know that I won't give a good goddamn about it because I won't
see any of it anyway. As for hotties...(thats what you young'n's are callin'
girls now, huh?)... well Poindexter, you're the one hittin' up on *******s
over the internet.

>I guess all there is left is gumming BBQ pork
> off of rib bones, and getting all in a huff when >someone posts in any
> way that varies from your prissy little Netiquette.

Oh my....I guess you told me. Ok, li'l buddy, I'll give ya that point if it
makes ya feel better. Now you run on upstairs and brush your teeth and get
into your jammies. Mommy will be up to kiss you goodnight in a few minutes.

You do have your homework done right?

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote:
> Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> > Post to please yourself. As I said, if you don't mind that fewer
> > people will read what you write, neither do I.

> Funny. I must just be an intolerant SOB because I just KF'd the original
> poster for X-posting. <g>
>
> I'm gettin' crochety in my old age I guess.

But it sure does make the neighborhood more pleasant, you intolerant SOB!

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

NapalmHeart

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>> Matthew L. Martin wrote:
>> > Post to please yourself. As I said, if you don't mind that fewer
>> > people will read what you write, neither do I.

>> Funny. I must just be an intolerant SOB because I just KF'd the original
>> poster for X-posting. <g>

> Mr. Whitfurrows never learned about asking nicely first being far more
> effective.
> As long as my post to any group is even tangentially related to BBQ,
> I'll make Goddamned SURE to X-post here, and there's really nothing
> wrong with that. People who think they own unmoderated NGs just
> because they are established regulars are full of crap.
>>
>> I'm gettin' crochety in my old age I guess.
>>

> I do SO hate it when crochety old farts killfile me, almost as much as
> when loser punk rockers do. Oh, and that lipstick ******* on that one
> group.
>
> Perhaps I should start posting heavily on a.f.barbecue to compensate
> for the bitter old men who know they're not long for this world, and
> who also know that they'll never again get to **** any real hotties
> unless they pay for it. I guess all there is left is gumming BBQ pork
> off of rib bones, and getting all in a huff when someone posts in any
> way that varies from your prissy little Netiquette.
>
> --Bryan http://myspace.com/thebonobos

Well said.

Ken

TFM®

> wrote

> I use Jack Daniels to light the lump in my chimney, but I won't drink it!

A might persnickety ain't ya?

I won't buy it, but I'll drink all you'll pour down my throat.

Must be a Kalifornia thang. <G>

TFM®

TFM®

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in

> <snip one loooooong paragraph too painful to read>
>
> You ought to save up some money and get a full-blown keyboard, one
> with a big, fat ENTER key.

Listen up. Kevvie is the man when it comes to big fat things entering.

TFM® (I ****ed my sock puppet in the ass)

"NapalmHeart" > wrote:
> [pfft snipped]
> Well said.

Can I blame Kevvie for bringing this termite out of the woodpile, too?

"TFM®" > wrote:
> > wrote
>
> > I use Jack Daniels to light the lump in my chimney, but I won't drink
> > it!

> A might persnickety ain't ya?
>
> I won't buy it, but I'll drink all you'll pour down my throat.
>
> Must be a Kalifornia thang. <G>

Sure, at that price, I'll drink anything except Jagermeister and Ouzo.
Well, if that's all there was, maybe.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

TFM®

> wrote

> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> > Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> > > Post to please yourself. As I said, if you don't mind that fewer
> > > people will read what you write, neither do I.

> > Funny. I must just be an intolerant SOB because I just KF'd the original
> > poster for X-posting. <g>

> Mr. Whitfurrows never learned about asking nicely first being far more
> effective.

Hey, you watch your Goddamned mother ****ing mouth! He's a mother ****ing
preacher Goddammit! He married me and my wife.

> As long as my post to any group is even tangentially related to BBQ,
> I'll make Goddamned SURE to X-post here, and there's really nothing
> wrong with that.

Nothing as long as you don't mind getting your ass whipped all over
creation.........then killfiled. Did I mention that you need to watch your
Goddamn ****ing language?

**** yeah! Bring it on bitch. Been a long time since I had any real fun.

I guess all there is left is gumming BBQ pork
> off of rib bones, and getting all in a huff when someone posts in any
> way that varies from your prissy little Netiquette.
>
> --Bryan http://myspace.com/thebonobos

Didn't you call yourself somethingelse a few years back?

Seems I remember the bonobos website. You used to push a particular MP3
*AND* you used to be a decent person.

Methamphatime get to you?

TFM®

Goddamn it, you dumb****! You x-posted to that a.punk pit and sucked me
into doin' the same dumb**** thing! Goddamn it!

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Reg

TFM® wrote:

> > wrote
>
>>I use Jack Daniels to light the lump in my chimney, but I won't drink it!

> A might persnickety ain't ya?
>
> I won't buy it, but I'll drink all you'll pour down my throat.
>
> Must be a Kalifornia thang. <G>

In 20+ years of living in The People's Republic of California
I've never once seen anyone actually drink it, and I do my
share of group drinking. It's mainly a BBQ sauce ingredient
here.

EZ

> wrote
>I won't buy it, but I'll drink all you'll pour down my throat.

Well, I live in Missouri, and I can get Jack Daniels for $32 for the
big 1.75 Liter bottle. I like it with coke, and I like the wood chips
they make, too. Heck, maybe next time I smoke, I'll just put some Jack
'n' Coke into the water pan.

EZ Larry from St. Louis
Andrew @ Rockface

> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>
>>Matthew L. Martin wrote:
>>
>>>Post to please yourself. As I said, if you don't mind that fewer
>>>people will read what you write, neither do I.

>>Funny. I must just be an intolerant SOB because I just KF'd the original
>>poster for X-posting. <g>

> Mr. Whitfurrows never learned about asking nicely first being far more
> effective.
> As long as my post to any group is even tangentially related to BBQ,
> I'll make Goddamned SURE to X-post here, and there's really nothing
> wrong with that. People who think they own unmoderated NGs just
> because they are established regulars are full of crap.
>
>>I'm gettin' crochety in my old age I guess.
>>

> I do SO hate it when crochety old farts killfile me, almost as much as
> when loser punk rockers do. Oh, and that lipstick ******* on that one
> group.
>
> Perhaps I should start posting heavily on a.f.barbecue to compensate
> for the bitter old men who know they're not long for this world, and
> who also know that they'll never again get to **** any real hotties
> unless they pay for it. I guess all there is left is gumming BBQ pork
> off of rib bones, and getting all in a huff when someone posts in any
> way that varies from your prissy little Netiquette.

I'm not a fan of Jacl either. A vastly over-rated whiskey. Wild Turkey
(had something called Wild Turkey 101 once that was damn good) or Old
Gandad's mush nicer.

Sure hope this didn't **** any a.f.b'ers off

--
Andrew @ Rockface
www.rockface-records.co.uk
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 00:32:13 GMT, "TFM®" >
wrote:

>TFM® (I ****ed my sock puppet in the ass)

Dibs on the .sig file.

"Andrew @ Rockface" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> I'm not a fan of Jacl either. A vastly over-rated whiskey. Wild Turkey
> (had something called Wild Turkey 101 once that was damn good) or Old
> Gandad's mush nicer.
>
> Sure hope this didn't **** any a.f.b'ers off

Just the fact that ya x-posted and quoted so much of ASSACT! Except for
that, I agree with ya, although my Bourbon of choice for over 50 years has
been Old Forester. but Wild Turkey and Old Grandad are quite acceptable.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Weber Kettle: Cannot keep it hot enough [email protected] Barbecue 17 24-03-2007 02:47 AM
Dobro-Q from a Weber Kettle Kevin S. Wilson Barbecue 1 08-12-2006 10:19 PM
Weber Kettle vs WSM [email protected] Barbecue 7 18-12-2004 07:38 PM
Weber Kettle as a smoker bbq Barbecue 6 21-12-2003 07:54 PM
Turkey in a Weber kettle Fran General Cooking 11 16-12-2003 09:15 PM