FoodBanter.com

-   -   building a smoker (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/69279-building-smoker.html)

A. Kesteloo 05-09-2005 11:20 PM

building a smoker

hi there,

about a year and a half ago a made a stainless steel barrel smoker. It works
good, but is to small now and has a problem keepin a low temp. (lower than
80 C. the fire will need a lot af attention).
I'm thinking of building a new one. this time a bigger one Off set model.
the question is, when using a 800 (or 1000) liter barrel (180 cm long, 80 cm
diameter) how big should the firebox be. I can get a 4mm stainless steel
box(66 cm, 85cm, 61cm) for about 120 $. but it seems a bit to big

Adriaan