MonopTN

Default Sunday's half hog

We cooked a half hog plus a shoulder Sunday....put it on the pit about
5:30am, served guests at 6pm. Cooked on a brick pit with coals generated by
burning oak slabs down. We pulled and chopped the shoulders and ham,
leaving the center section (ribs, tenderloin, backstrap, etc) of the pig on
the pit for pickin.

The Q and pickin section were lightly salted and a sauce of vinegar based
sauce was provided. According to the guests, it was excellent. Being the
cook, I did not care to partake.

A picture of the pig going on, then later being chopped is below via link.
Due to sleep deprivation, I failed to snap a photo of the finished
pre-chopped pig.

http://webpages.charter.net/epeay/pigon.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/epeay/pigoff.jpg

Duwop

"MonopTN" > wrote in message

> A picture of the pig going on, then later being chopped is below via

link.
> Due to sleep deprivation, I failed to snap a photo of the finished
> pre-chopped pig.
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/epeay/pigon.jpg
> http://webpages.charter.net/epeay/pigoff.jpg

I've GOT to try this one of these days.

Jealous in Norcal,

Dave Bugg

MonopTN wrote:

> We cooked a half hog plus a shoulder Sunday....put it on the pit about
> 5:30am, served guests at 6pm. Cooked on a brick pit with coals
> generated by burning oak slabs down. We pulled and chopped the
> shoulders and ham, leaving the center section (ribs, tenderloin,
> backstrap, etc) of the pig on the pit for pickin.

That is gorgeous!
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

MonopTN

> That is gorgeous!
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Thanks Dave, that's quite an honor coming from a real professional.

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> MonopTN wrote:
>
> > We cooked a half hog plus a shoulder Sunday....put it on the pit about
> > 5:30am, served guests at 6pm. Cooked on a brick pit with coals
> > generated by burning oak slabs down. We pulled and chopped the
> > shoulders and ham, leaving the center section (ribs, tenderloin,
> > backstrap, etc) of the pig on the pit for pickin.

> That is gorgeous!

"Here, piggy, piggy!" <chomp>

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families: