Kent

Default Favorite marinade for beef Tri Tip?

Does anyone have a favoarite marinade for beef tri tip? I know this has been
addressed multiple times. What do veteran and new posters use? What do you
lurkers use? How long do you marinade?
Yesterday I marinaded with the following for six hours and the results were
excellent, considering the simplicity of this recipe. The high concentration
of assertive spices penetrated the whole roast, something marinades
frequently don't do. I browned and indirectly cooked it to a medium rare
130F..
.25 cup powdered cumin
.25 cup powdered coriander
.5 cup lime juice
.5 cup olive oil
salt to taste
Other thoughts? Next time I might add a bit of champagne vinegar to bring
the acidity up a bit.
Kent

BOB

Kent wrote:
> Does anyone have a favoarite marinade for beef tri tip? I know this
> has been
> addressed multiple times. What do veteran and new posters use? What
> do you
> lurkers use? How long do you marinade?
> Yesterday I marinaded with the following for six hours and the
> results were
> excellent, considering the simplicity of this recipe. The high
> concentration
> of assertive spices penetrated the whole roast, something marinades
> frequently don't do. I browned and indirectly cooked it to a medium
> rare
> 130F..
> .25 cup powdered cumin
> .25 cup powdered coriander
> .5 cup lime juice
> .5 cup olive oil
> salt to taste
> Other thoughts? Next time I might add a bit of champagne vinegar to
> bring
> the acidity up a bit.
> Kent

Just be sure to marinate it overnight on your carport/patio like you
do when brining. The results will be perfect for *you*.

BOB

Duwop

" BOB" > wrote in message

> Just be sure to marinate it overnight on your carport/patio like you
> do when brining. The results will be perfect for *you*.

heheh

Kent

There has been a lot of confusion about this. You marinate the turkey in
your garage in a covered polyethylene food grade pail beginning thanksgiving
and later. The garage temp. should be 36F or lower. The concentration of
salt in the brine must be 10% or greater to prevent little bugs from doing
you harm. You do this overnight, for one night only, when the temp. is
lowest.
It works. You won't get infected.
Kent

" BOB" > wrote in message
.. .
> Kent wrote:
>> Does anyone have a favoarite marinade for beef tri tip? I know this has
>> been
>> addressed multiple times. What do veteran and new posters use? What do
>> you
>> lurkers use? How long do you marinade?
>> Yesterday I marinaded with the following for six hours and the results
>> were
>> excellent, considering the simplicity of this recipe. The high
>> concentration
>> of assertive spices penetrated the whole roast, something marinades
>> frequently don't do. I browned and indirectly cooked it to a medium rare
>> 130F..
>> .25 cup powdered cumin
>> .25 cup powdered coriander
>> .5 cup lime juice
>> .5 cup olive oil
>> salt to taste
>> Other thoughts? Next time I might add a bit of champagne vinegar to bring
>> the acidity up a bit.
>> Kent

> Just be sure to marinate it overnight on your carport/patio like you do
> when brining. The results will be perfect for *you*.
>
> BOB

Reg

Kent wrote:

> There has been a lot of confusion about this. You marinate the turkey in
> your garage in a covered polyethylene food grade pail beginning thanksgiving
> and later. The garage temp. should be 36F or lower. The concentration of
> salt in the brine must be 10% or greater to prevent little bugs from doing
> you harm. You do this overnight, for one night only, when the temp. is
> lowest.
> It works. You won't get infected.

OK. If your ambient temp is 36 F then your salt level isn't really an
issue. Your turkey won't spoil overnight even with zero salt.

What I want to know is, where in California do you live that your
garage ever goes much below the 50 F point, even at the your coldest
time of the year?

Are you very high in the mountains or something?

Reg > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> Are you very high in the mountains or something?

I wouldn't mind getting high in the mountains! It's been a while. ;-(

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Beef marinade Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 9 11-09-2011 06:43 AM
marinade for vietnamese BBQ beef joel smith Asian Cooking 7 10-07-2006 08:06 AM
Favorite Beef Stew Tim Recipes 0 16-09-2005 11:31 AM
Favorite pork chop marinade? Alexis General Cooking 28 05-08-2005 02:38 PM
what's your favorite cut of beef for a steak cafeus General Cooking 83 18-03-2004 09:28 AM