Casey Jr.

Default Just wondering

I've been lurking here for a few months and learning a lot about bbq. My
question is, do Kevin Wilson or cluna (cl) ever contribute anything of
value or do they just pop in every now and then to demonstrate how
totally unlikeable they can be? Just wondering.

cl

"Casey Jr." wrote:

> I've been lurking here for a few months and learning a lot about bbq. My
> question is, do Kevin Wilson or cluna (cl) ever contribute anything of
> value or do they just pop in every now and then to demonstrate how
> totally unlikeable they can be? Just wondering.

It is all about roasting a pig isn't it? And that is Ex-Prof. Kevin S
Wilson to you!
Reg

Casey Jr. wrote:

> I've been lurking here for a few months and learning a lot about bbq. My
> question is, do Kevin Wilson or cluna (cl) ever contribute anything of
> value or do they just pop in every now and then to demonstrate how
> totally unlikeable they can be? Just wondering.

If you don't like them, KF them. Otherwise, do STFU.

Welcome to my killfile.

Larry

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:58:33 GMT, Reg > wrote:

>Casey Jr. wrote:
>
>> I've been lurking here for a few months and learning a lot about bbq. My
>> question is, do Kevin Wilson or cluna (cl) ever contribute anything of
>> value or do they just pop in every now and then to demonstrate how
>> totally unlikeable they can be? Just wondering.

>If you don't like them, KF them. Otherwise, do STFU.
>
>Welcome to my killfile.

My, we are a friendly lot here, aren't we?

Reg

Larry wrote:

> My, we are a friendly lot here, aren't we?

Quite the opposite, if you do any reading. It's the hypocritical
types that start flame wars with threads like this that need
a lesson in friendliness. The OP is probably a troll. If not,
he should know better.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:12:38 GMT, Reg > wrote:

>Larry wrote:
>
>> My, we are a friendly lot here, aren't we?

>Quite the opposite, if you do any reading. It's the hypocritical
>types that start flame wars with threads like this that need
>a lesson in friendliness. The OP is probably a troll. If not,

^^^^^
>he should know better.

I was going to suggest that you had misspled "sock puppet" until I saw
that the original poster is using a WebTV Toaster Oven. That makes
sock puppetry unlikely, but it does explain a lot of other things.

Spud

Jeez,

Dry humping Kevin's leg again Reggie? Don't aqueeze his sock puppet stuffed
shorts.

"KF" That means Kentucky Fried, right?

Spud

Reg

Spud wrote:

> Jeez,
>
> Dry humping Kevin's leg again Reggie? Don't aqueeze his sock puppet stuffed
> shorts.
>
> "KF" That means Kentucky Fried, right?
>
> Spud

What's so ironic is that I'd swear your post was written by
Kevin S. Wilson himself. You've adopted both his tactics and
his vocabulary. Funny thing.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 05:26:21 GMT, Reg > wrote:

>Spud wrote:
>
>> Jeez,
>>
>> Dry humping Kevin's leg again Reggie? Don't aqueeze his sock puppet stuffed
>> shorts.
>>
>> "KF" That means Kentucky Fried, right?
>>
>> Spud

>What's so ironic is that I'd swear your post was written by
>Kevin S. Wilson himself. You've adopted both his tactics and
>his vocabulary. Funny thing.

Big difference. I'm literate and educated enough to properly punctuate
an English sentence.

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
> Big difference. I'm literate and educated enough to properly punctuate
> an English sentence.

This isn't a Senior Thesis. I don't see your fascination with being an
egghead and constantly correcting people that are working with a
glorified chat medium. I bet you would **** your pants if you had to
read shorthand, morse code or god forbid, text messages.

-CAL
Reg

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 05:26:21 GMT, Reg > wrote:
>
>>Spud wrote:
>>
>>>Jeez,
>>>
>>>Dry humping Kevin's leg again Reggie? Don't aqueeze his sock puppet stuffed
>>>shorts.
>>>
>>>"KF" That means Kentucky Fried, right?
>>>
>>>Spud

>>What's so ironic is that I'd swear your post was written by
>>Kevin S. Wilson himself. You've adopted both his tactics and
>>his vocabulary. Funny thing.

> Big difference. I'm literate and educated enough to properly punctuate
> an English sentence.

I can't decide who creeps me out more. You, or the whack job that
secretly wants to be you.

CS

Man, you are one clued-in lurker. Kevin Wilson was the first person I ever
killfiled, so he has a fond place in my heart. But as others will tell you,
just go ahead and *plonk* 'em, you'll never miss a thing as far as useful
content.

"Casey Jr." > wrote in message
> I've been lurking here for a few months and learning a lot about bbq. My
> question is, do Kevin Wilson or cluna (cl) ever contribute anything of
> value or do they just pop in every now and then to demonstrate how
> totally unlikeable they can be? Just wondering.

Kent

People that "killfile" either have their head in the sand, or more
appropriately their head embedded in the universal inferior orifice.

"Reg" > wrote in message
m...
> Casey Jr. wrote:
>
>> I've been lurking here for a few months and learning a lot about bbq. My
>> question is, do Kevin Wilson or cluna (cl) ever contribute anything of
>> value or do they just pop in every now and then to demonstrate how
>> totally unlikeable they can be? Just wondering.

> If you don't like them, KF them. Otherwise, do STFU.
>
> Welcome to my killfile.
>
> --
> Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

NotHome

"CS" > wrote in message
> Man, you are one clued-in lurker. Kevin Wilson was the first person I
> ever killfiled, so he has a fond place in my heart. But as others will
> tell you, just go ahead and *plonk* 'em, you'll never miss a thing as far
> as useful content.

How would you ever know?

Reg

Kent wrote:

> People that "killfile" either have their head in the sand, or more
> appropriately their head embedded in the universal inferior orifice.

That just goes to show you. I couldn't imagine using usenet without
heavy use of filters. There's just too much stuff to sort through.

In the total universe of groups I follow there's something like 5000
new posts a day. By filtering it gets reduced to 2000 before I even
have to look at it. I also run a script that goes out and scans for
certain kinds of posts and delivers them up (I much prefer the push
model of information delivery. The less I have to do the better).

Kent

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 05:26:21 GMT, Reg > wrote:
>
>>Spud wrote:
>>
>>> Jeez,
>>>
>>> Dry humping Kevin's leg again Reggie? Don't aqueeze his sock puppet
>>> stuffed
>>> shorts.
>>>
>>> "KF" That means Kentucky Fried, right?
>>>
>>> Spud

>>What's so ironic is that I'd swear your post was written by
>>Kevin S. Wilson himself. You've adopted both his tactics and
>>his vocabulary. Funny thing.

> Big difference. I'm literate and educated enough to properly punctuate
> an English sentence.

And when did "Big difference." become a sentence?

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 08:55:46 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>What's so ironic is that I'd swear your post was written by
>>>Kevin S. Wilson himself. You've adopted both his tactics and
>>>his vocabulary. Funny thing.

>> Big difference. I'm literate and educated enough to properly punctuate
>> an English sentence.
>>

>And when did "Big difference." become a sentence?

Only an illiterate buffoon would try to maintain -- in the face of
inarguable evidence to the contrary -- that using a sentence fragment
marks one as illiterate, uneducated, or both.

Finally figured out how to move your cursor to the end of the post,
genius?

NotHome

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 10:12:40 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

> Amazing. Just when you thought he couldn't get any more
> incomprehensible, Kent invents the top/bottom post.

The 69 post.

> Maybe you ought to stick to the chat rooms, Kent.

This isn't a chat room?

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:52:12 GMT, "NotHome" > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 10:12:40 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

>> Amazing. Just when you thought he couldn't get any more
>> incomprehensible, Kent invents the top/bottom post.

>The 69 post.
>

>> Maybe you ought to stick to the chat rooms, Kent.

>This isn't a chat room?

Do you think it is? Because that would explain a couple things.

NotHome

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:52:12 GMT, "NotHome" > wrote:
>

>>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 10:12:40 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

>>> Amazing. Just when you thought he couldn't get any more
>>> incomprehensible, Kent invents the top/bottom post.

>>The 69 post.
>>

>>> Maybe you ought to stick to the chat rooms, Kent.

>>This isn't a chat room?
>>

> Do you think it is? Because that would explain a couple things.

YBHT? Seems TFM is looking for lump, maybe you should visit him.

TFM®

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote

> Finally figured out how to move your cursor to the end of the post,
> genius?

What are you cooking today BITCH?

You are such an insignificant piece of shit, yet you insist on correcting
others.

Now move your cursor to the end of my post.

TFM®

"TFM®" > wrote:
> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote
> [Ego trip snipped]
> What are you cooking today BITCH?
>
> You are such an insignificant piece of shit, yet you insist on correcting
> others.
>
> Now move your cursor to the end of my post.

Please don't quote any of its drivel, TFM®. I kf'd it so I wouldn't have to
bother seeing of its crap. Thank you.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Kent

Again, tell us when "Big difference." became a sentence.

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 08:55:46 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
>

>>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Big difference. I'm literate and educated enough to properly punctuate
>>> an English sentence.
>>>

>>And when did "Big difference." become a sentence?
>>

> Only an illiterate buffoon would try to maintain -- in the face of
> inarguable evidence to the contrary -- that using a sentence fragment
> marks one as illiterate, uneducated, or both.
>
> Finally figured out how to move your cursor to the end of the post,
> genius?

Again, tell us when "Big difference." became a sentence.

Denny Wheeler

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:16:10 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>>What's so ironic is that I'd swear your post was written by
>>Kevin S. Wilson himself. You've adopted both his tactics and
>>his vocabulary. Funny thing.

>Big difference. I'm literate and educated enough to properly punctuate
>an English sentence.

*snicker* "I was going to suggest that you had misspled ..."

(no offense--but the irony was irresistible)

--
-denny-

"I don't like it when a whole state starts
acting like a marital aid."
"John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.
Denny Wheeler

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 01:28:35 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

>People that "killfile" either have their head in the sand, or more
>appropriately their head embedded in the universal inferior orifice.

This shows remarkable ignorance--of usenet, at the least, and more
likely of the realities of bandwidth.

Let's see--what do I KF in afb...
anything crossposted to 3 or more groups
several known spammers
any post including any of several different types of binary files.
(there are binary groups, yes?)
any post 3 or more weeks old (sometimes news servers 'burp' out minor
floods of old posts)

So far, no specific "real" posters, but I see enough off-topic crap to
consider it.

--
-denny-

"I don't like it when a whole state starts
acting like a marital aid."
"John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.
Reg

Denny Wheeler wrote:

> This shows remarkable ignorance--of usenet, at the least, and more
> likely of the realities of bandwidth.

More than that, it shows ignorance of computers themselves. Actually
it's deeper than that even. What is any automated system for?

Hint (Kent): The machine should do the work, not the operator.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:33:37 -0700, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:16:10 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
>wrote:
>
>>>What's so ironic is that I'd swear your post was written by
>>>Kevin S. Wilson himself. You've adopted both his tactics and
>>>his vocabulary. Funny thing.

>>Big difference. I'm literate and educated enough to properly punctuate
>>an English sentence.

>*snicker* "I was going to suggest that you had misspled ..."
>
>(no offense--but the irony was irresistible)

Whuh? What are you talking about?

Denny Wheeler

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:10:00 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:33:37 -0700, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:

>>>Big difference. I'm literate and educated enough to properly punctuate
>>>an English sentence.

>>*snicker* "I was going to suggest that you had misspled ..."
>>
>>(no offense--but the irony was irresistible)

>Whuh? What are you talking about?

Your post on the same day, in the same thread:

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:12:38 GMT, Reg > wrote:

>Larry wrote:
>
>> My, we are a friendly lot here, aren't we?

>Quite the opposite, if you do any reading. It's the hypocritical
>types that start flame wars with threads like this that need
>a lesson in friendliness. The OP is probably a troll. If not,

^^^^^
>he should know better.

I was going to suggest that you had misspled "sock puppet" until I saw
that the original poster is using a WebTV Toaster Oven. That makes
sock puppetry unlikely, but it does explain a lot of other things.

--
-denny-

"I don't like it when a whole state starts
acting like a marital aid."
"John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.
Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:48:36 -0700, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:10:00 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:33:37 -0700, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:

>>>*snicker* "I was going to suggest that you had misspled ..."
>>>
>>>(no offense--but the irony was irresistible)

>>Whuh? What are you talking about?

>Your post on the same day, in the same thread:
>
>On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:12:38 GMT, Reg > wrote:
>
>>Larry wrote:
>>
>>> My, we are a friendly lot here, aren't we?

>>Quite the opposite, if you do any reading. It's the hypocritical
>>types that start flame wars with threads like this that need
>>a lesson in friendliness. The OP is probably a troll. If not,

> ^^^^^
>>he should know better.

>I was going to suggest that you had misspled "sock puppet" until I saw
>that the original poster is using a WebTV Toaster Oven. That makes
>sock puppetry unlikely, but it does explain a lot of other things.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification. There is a Usenet
truism that it impossible to post a spelling flame that doesn't itself
contain a misspleling. Some people -- who knows why? -- have therefore
taken to ensuring that any flame involving splelling contain a
misspled word.

Not that I'm one of those people, mind you.

TFM®

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote

Some people -- who knows why? -- have therefore
> taken to ensuring that any flame involving splelling contain a
> misspled word.
>
> Not that I'm one of those people, mind you.

No ****stick, you're at least *three* of them.

Place your cursor on the end of my post before responding.

TFM®

Just wondering who's missing Peter Lucas[_13_] General Cooking 0 01-06-2010 10:15 PM
wondering.... sf[_9_] General Cooking 25 05-03-2009 01:54 AM
So here I yam, wondering about what to do for breakfast. Andy[_15_] General Cooking 79 01-01-2009 10:52 PM
Wondering Clyde Barbecue 2 23-02-2006 10:02 PM
Just wondering. Mydnight Tea 40 17-12-2004 03:08 PM