Stan Marks

Default It's "The Big One"!

Well, it looks like Hurricane Katrina is gonna be bigger and badder
than Camille was in 1969. It's looking like New Orleans will be
inundated, and Gulfport-Biloxi will be hit hard, too. Here in
Hattiesburg, MS, about 60 miles north of Gulfport, we are expecting
hurricane-force winds and rain tomorrow evening. We've dodged several
bullets for the past few years, but I don't think there will be any
dodging this one! It looks like Katrina has us firmly in her sights. I
might put a couple of chickens on the ECB this evening just to make
sure we have something to eat for the next couple of days.

--
Stan Marks

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
kilikini

"Stan Marks" > wrote in message
> Well, it looks like Hurricane Katrina is gonna be bigger and badder
> than Camille was in 1969. It's looking like New Orleans will be
> inundated, and Gulfport-Biloxi will be hit hard, too. Here in
> Hattiesburg, MS, about 60 miles north of Gulfport, we are expecting
> hurricane-force winds and rain tomorrow evening. We've dodged several
> bullets for the past few years, but I don't think there will be any
> dodging this one! It looks like Katrina has us firmly in her sights. I
> might put a couple of chickens on the ECB this evening just to make
> sure we have something to eat for the next couple of days.
>
> --
> Stan Marks
>
> A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Couple of days? Gosh, I hope you keep power and don't get hit too hard.
Katrina just passed by us here in Tampa and I'm grateful for that, but I'm
sorry for you. I'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted, will you?

kili

bk

"Stan Marks" > wrote in message
> Well, it looks like Hurricane Katrina is gonna be bigger and badder
> than Camille was in 1969. It's looking like New Orleans will be
> inundated, and Gulfport-Biloxi will be hit hard, too. Here in
> Hattiesburg, MS, about 60 miles north of Gulfport, we are expecting
> hurricane-force winds and rain tomorrow evening. We've dodged several
> bullets for the past few years, but I don't think there will be any
> dodging this one! It looks like Katrina has us firmly in her sights. I
> might put a couple of chickens on the ECB this evening just to make
> sure we have something to eat for the next couple of days.
>
> --
> Stan Marks
>
> A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

COnsidering it was just a catagory one when hitting miami we faired ok.
Power didn't come on till early saturday morning and mother in law is still
without power.

Brick

On 28-Aug-2005, Stan Marks > wrote:

> Well, it looks like Hurricane Katrina is gonna be bigger and badder
> than Camille was in 1969. It's looking like New Orleans will be
> inundated, and Gulfport-Biloxi will be hit hard, too. Here in
> Hattiesburg, MS, about 60 miles north of Gulfport, we are expecting
> hurricane-force winds and rain tomorrow evening. We've dodged several
> bullets for the past few years, but I don't think there will be any
> dodging this one! It looks like Katrina has us firmly in her sights. I
> might put a couple of chickens on the ECB this evening just to make
> sure we have something to eat for the next couple of days.
>
> --
> Stan Marks
>
> A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

As I recommember Camille came ashore in the center of Gulfport at
115 MPH. It put ocean going boats in the street in front of the movie
theater in downtown Gulfport. It took out highway 90 and all of the
waterfront hotels. The only thing different is that at a lot more
people are going to be affected in N'Orleans.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

ceed

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:07:28 -0500, bk > wrote:

> COnsidering it was just a catagory one when hitting miami we faired ok.
> Power didn't come on till early saturday morning and mother in law is
> still
> without power.

It was just upgraded to a category 5 hurricane. This is going to be bad.

--
//ceed ©¿©¬

kilikini

"ceed"
<ceed@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqr stuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com>
wrote in message newsp.sv8pq5m521xk10@bobdello...
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:07:28 -0500, bk > wrote:
>
> > COnsidering it was just a catagory one when hitting miami we faired ok.
> > Power didn't come on till early saturday morning and mother in law is
> > still
> > without power.

> It was just upgraded to a category 5 hurricane. This is going to be bad.
>

> --
> //ceed ©¿©¬

Just? Shoots, I thought it was upgraded at about 8 am this morning.

kili

TFM®

"ceed"
<ceed@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqr stuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com>
wrote in message newsp.sv8pq5m521xk10@bobdello...
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:07:28 -0500, bk > wrote:
>
> > COnsidering it was just a catagory one when hitting miami we faired ok.
> > Power didn't come on till early saturday morning and mother in law is
> > still
> > without power.

> It was just upgraded to a category 5 hurricane. This is going to be bad.

It was at 175 mph for a long time before subsiding with the sunset. It's
down to 165 mph now. Everybody's safe.

But seriously, I feel for anyone in her path. I do hope everybody got the
**** out of Dodge. To stay would be suicide.

I had 2 hurricanes pass directly over me last year. I saw nothing over 65
mph due to my location in Florida. 100 mph would scare the shit outta me.
I didn't like 65. These storms are not jokes. This one especially.

TFM®

"TFM®" > wrote:
> "ceed" wrote
> > On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:07:28 -0500, bk > wrote:
> >
> > > COnsidering it was just a catagory one when hitting miami we faired
> > > ok. Power didn't come on till early saturday morning and mother in
> > > law is still
> > > without power.

> > It was just upgraded to a category 5 hurricane. This is going to be
> > bad.

> It was at 175 mph for a long time before subsiding with the sunset. It's
> down to 165 mph now. Everybody's safe.
>
> But seriously, I feel for anyone in her path. I do hope everybody got
> the **** out of Dodge. To stay would be suicide.
>
> I had 2 hurricanes pass directly over me last year. I saw nothing over
> 65 mph due to my location in Florida. 100 mph would scare the shit outta
> me. I didn't like 65. These storms are not jokes. This one especially.

I don't miss hurricanes. I can handle the occasional earthquake, drought
and heat (110 F. today).

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Brick

On 28-Aug-2005, "Brick" > wrote:

> On 28-Aug-2005, Stan Marks > wrote:
>
> > Well, it looks like Hurricane Katrina is gonna be bigger and badder
> > than Camille was in 1969. It's looking like New Orleans will be
> > inundated, and Gulfport-Biloxi will be hit hard, too. Here in
> > Hattiesburg, MS, about 60 miles north of Gulfport, we are expecting
> > hurricane-force winds and rain tomorrow evening. We've dodged several
> > bullets for the past few years, but I don't think there will be any
> > dodging this one! It looks like Katrina has us firmly in her sights. I
> > might put a couple of chickens on the ECB this evening just to make
> > sure we have something to eat for the next couple of days.
> >
> > --
> > Stan Marks
> >
> > A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

> As I recommember Camille came ashore in the center of Gulfport at
> 115 MPH. It put ocean going boats in the street in front of the movie

That was supposed to say "215" MPH

> theater in downtown Gulfport. It took out highway 90 and all of the
> waterfront hotels. The only thing different is that at a lot more
> people are going to be affected in N'Orleans.

--
The Brick said that (Sure glad I'm not in New Orleans today.)

Phatchamp

This is just God's way of paying all you Southerners back for 75 degree
temps in January.

kilikini

"Phatchamp" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> This is just God's way of paying all you Southerners back for 75 degree
> temps in January.

Here in Florida, we had freezing temps all year last year. Colder than
Hawaii and California to be sure!

kili

TFM®

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> "Phatchamp" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > This is just God's way of paying all you Southerners back for 75 degree
> > temps in January.
> >

> Here in Florida, we had freezing temps all year last year. Colder than
> Hawaii and California to be sure!
>
> kili

But not nearly as ***!

We had a cold winter last year. It lasted a month and a half. Temps barely
got over 80 the entire time.

TFM®

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:33:35 GMT, "TFM®" >
wrote:

>"kilikini" > wrote in message
m...

>> "Phatchamp" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > This is just God's way of paying all you Southerners back for 75 degree
>> > temps in January.
>> >

>> Here in Florida, we had freezing temps all year last year. Colder than
>> Hawaii and California to be sure!
>>
>> kili

>But not nearly as ***!

For cryin' out loud. Grow up. I know 6th-graders mature enough to
understand that "***" isn't an insult and that using it as one reflect
poorly only on oneself.

For cryin' out loud. Grow up. I know 6th-graders mature enough to
understand that "***" isn't an insult and that using it as one reflect
poorly only on oneself.

LOL I think we have a rump ranger here LOL. Ya, it is a insult except for the freaks that choose to live that deviant
lifestyle.

I just don't understand why folks choose to live in that area.
It's nice on the coast but I have a hard time feeling bad for somebody
who chooses to live in a area where you know that there is several
chances a year to loose your house or worse you life.
As for as the idiots whe chose not to evacuate Hmmm, No sympathy there.
This may sound harsh but it's just common sense.

How did the chickens turn out?

Default User

> LOL I think we have a rump ranger here LOL. Ya, it is a insult except
> for the freaks that choose to live that deviant lifestyle.

Yeah, plonk the troll.

Brian

LOL I think we have a rump ranger here LOL. Ya, it is a insult except
> for the freaks that choose to live that deviant lifestyle.

Yeah, plonk the troll.

Brian

Hehe 10+yrs on usenet and I for the first time I got on someones KF .
Geez the liberals are finally comming out of the closet. LOL
Don't worry Brian I'm shure there is some twisted person out there that shares your views

TFM®

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote

> >But not nearly as ***!
> >

> For cryin' out loud. Grow up. I know 6th-graders mature enough to
> understand that "***" isn't an insult and that using it as one reflect
> poorly only on oneself.

Hey! My best buddy's back! I'm so excited I just spooged all over myself.

Now go **** yerself.

TFM®

TFM®

> wrote

> I just don't understand why folks choose to live in that area.
> It's nice on the coast but I have a hard time feeling bad for somebody
> who chooses to live in a area where you know that there is several
> chances a year to loose your house or worse you life.
> As for as the idiots whe chose not to evacuate Hmmm, No sympathy there.
> This may sound harsh but it's just common sense.

I build houses for a living. It's really nice to be able to work
all year round. (I came from Tennessee)

While I know no place here is *safe* from a hurricane, we're in a
spot that rarely gets hit. We did have 2 of the 4 hurricanes last year pass
directly over our house but saw nothing higher than 70 mph gusts.

I woke up (came to) in the eye of the last one. Thought it was over
and opened my hurricane awnings and took the plywood off the other windows
and went in search of beer and ice just in time to get caught in the eye
wall again.
I had no power therefore no way of seeing where she was. (I have a
battery powered radio now <G>)

As far as evacuating, this area isn't subject to flooding and there
has never been a mandatory evacuation. If there were one, I would surely
leave. Those poor souls in New Orleans are all the reason I'll ever need to
heed evac orders.

God, I feel for those people. Things will only get worse before
they start to improve.

TFM®

Jack Schidt®

"TFM®" > wrote in message
news

> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote
>
>> >But not nearly as ***!
>> >

>> For cryin' out loud. Grow up. I know 6th-graders mature enough to
>> understand that "***" isn't an insult and that using it as one reflect
>> poorly only on oneself.
>>

> Hey! My best buddy's back! I'm so excited I just spooged all over
> myself.
>
> Now go **** yerself.
>

> TFM®

LMAO!! I, on the other hand, went completely soft.

Jack

Hey! My best buddy's back! I'm so excited I just spooged all over myself.

Now go **** yerself.

TFM®

No I'm not who you think, I've been here on and off for several years and the
only off color comment I have ever made was about my own cooking.

Quote:I build houses for a living. It's really nice to be able to work
[...]

I also hope so. I truly feel for the folks in Missippi, who got short notice and got destroyed.
I have no simpathy for those that stayed in the areas where they were told to get out and chose to stay
Funny part is I have old friend that move to new orleans about 3yrs ago and no one has heard from
him since it hit ground. He is most likley one of the dumb asses that stayed.

Hey If I offended any normal person by my comment, I'm sorry
For those that don't agree with free speach(thats what usenet has always been about)
or think they have the right to live that type of life. All I can do is shake my head and say" good luck"

"TFM®" > wrote:
> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote
>
> > >But not nearly as ***!
> > >

> > For cryin' out loud. Grow up. I know 6th-graders mature enough to
> > understand that "***" isn't an insult and that using it as one reflect
> > poorly only on oneself.
> >

> Hey! My best buddy's back! I'm so excited I just spooged all over
> myself.
>
> Now go **** yerself.

He (or she) can't. When it's soft, it won't reach, and when it(useta was)'s
hard, it wouldn't bend.

So, TFM®, besides being a racial bigot, yer now a fag-baiter? Shame!

"We're three caballeros, three *** caballeros . . . etc."

Hey, Kevvie! Ain't it nice ta see that when somebody I like quotes a
snippet of yer drivel, I get the chance to read it?

And LMFAO

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

> Hey! My best buddy's back! I'm so excited I just spooged all over
> myself.
>
> Now go **** yerself.
>
> TFM®
>
> No I'm not who you think, I've been here on and off for several years and
> the only off color comment I have ever made was about my own cooking.

Deservedly so!

> > Quote:[ . . . ] God, I feel for those people. Things will only get
> > worse before they start to improve.

> I truly feel for the folks in Missippi, who got short notice and got
> destroyed. I have no simpathy for those that stayed in the areas where
> they were told to get out and chose to stay.[] Hey If I offended any
> normal person by my comment, I'm sorry

I have even less sympathy for the looters. If I were in a position to order
it, I would order "Shoot to kill, on sight!" Not only deters other looters,
but enhances Darwinism.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Harry Demidavicius

On 01 Sep 2005 00:44:46 GMT, wrote:

> wrote:
>> Hey! My best buddy's back! I'm so excited I just spooged all over
>> myself.
>>
>> Now go **** yerself.
>>
>> TFM®
>>
>> No I'm not who you think, I've been here on and off for several years and
>> the only off color comment I have ever made was about my own cooking.

>Deservedly so!
>>
>> > Quote:[ . . . ] God, I feel for those people. Things will only get
>> > worse before they start to improve.

>> I truly feel for the folks in Missippi, who got short notice and got
>> destroyed. I have no simpathy for those that stayed in the areas where
>> they were told to get out and chose to stay.[] Hey If I offended any
>> normal person by my comment, I'm sorry
>>

>I have even less sympathy for the looters. If I were in a position to order
>it, I would order "Shoot to kill, on sight!" Not only deters other looters,
>but enhances Darwinism.

In the general scheme of things - the looting not unanticipated,
really], doesn't matter that much because the shops could no longer
sell those goods anyhow - and if it keeps the low life cretins
occupied then so be it. It's an Outrage but concentrate on the larger
The Authorities are the ones really messing up. Resources are not
being delivered. Buses & Hospital ships 5 days away - three days
after the storm?

Where are the field hospitals, Porta potties, Kitchens?

America has all those things squirreled away in their armed forces
reservoir of supplies. What about lodgings for the next 24
days/weeks/ months ? Who's in charge of Forward Planning?
Any kind of planning?
What a mess!

I feel for all those folks.

Harry
Matthew L. Martin

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

> Where are the field hospitals, Porta potties, Kitchens?

Those we have. The National Guard and Military Reserve, which would
normally be delivering them are over stretched, either in Afghanistan or
Iraq or supporting the efforts there.

> America has all those things squirreled away in their armed forces
> reservoir of supplies. What about lodgings for the next 24
> days/weeks/ months ? Who's in charge of Forward Planning?
> Any kind of planning?
> What a mess!

There seems to be as much preparedness for this disaster as there was
preparedness for military victory in Iraq.

> I feel for all those folks.

As do I. I will make my donations in support of this effort. The folks
in charge of Federal disaster relief are the same ones in charge of
Homeland Security. This does not give me a warm, comfortable feeling.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Kevin S. Wilson

On 01 Sep 2005 00:16:36 GMT, wrote:

>So, TFM®, besides being a racial bigot, yer now a fag-baiter? Shame!

Well-documented long before this latest example.

cl

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote:

> There seems to be as much preparedness for this disaster as there was
> preparedness for military victory in Iraq.

What an ignorant statement.

Don't mistaken the inability of the Iraqis to govern themselves as a
failure of the US military. The joint was taken over swiftly and
decidedly. Lawlessness of the populus is not a military issue, just a
costly hinderance. It is via pansy liberal beliefs that our boys are
still getting killed over there. The military is not a police force or
pacifier yet that is the role being placed on them. You will never win a
war if the requirement is to turn the conquered people into a bunch of
petal throwing hippies. Likewise you can never fully prepare for a
natural disaster, it just isn't reality.

XOXO,

-CAL
Alan S

..
"Stan Marks" > wrote in message
> Well, it looks like Hurricane Katrina is gonna be bigger and badder
> than Camille was in 1969. It's looking like New Orleans will be
> inundated, and Gulfport-Biloxi will be hit hard, too. Here in
> Hattiesburg, MS, about 60 miles north of Gulfport, we are expecting
> hurricane-force winds and rain tomorrow evening. We've dodged several
> bullets for the past few years, but I don't think there will be any
> dodging this one! It looks like Katrina has us firmly in her sights. I
> might put a couple of chickens on the ECB this evening just to make
> sure we have something to eat for the next couple of days.
>
> --
> Stan Marks
>
> A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

You have not posted since before the storm Stan, I hope you fared ok and
here is wishing you the best of luck with the recovery of your community.

Dave Bugg

Matthew L. Martin wrote:

> Those we have. The National Guard and Military Reserve, which would
> normally be delivering them are over stretched, either in Afghanistan
> or Iraq or supporting the efforts there.

That's one of them myths that's been floating through the demo-left blogs.
The truth is quite different. While some of our reserve and guard units have
been deployed overseas, the majority of Guard unit strength is still
domestically deployed. However, it takes time to cut the orders, gather
together the troops, and transport them. They are, after all, civilians
being called to active duty when something like this occurs. The time frame
for guard response is actually the same for disaster and civil disturbances
now, as it was prior to Iraq.

> There seems to be as much preparedness for this disaster as there was
> preparedness for military victory in Iraq.

Nothing like a natural disaster to leave politics aside and have everyone
all pull together. I guess prior to Iraq, roads and rails would not have
been torn apart by the hurricane, or covered by fllodwaters, making
instantaneous delivery of supplies a given. Nor would there have been
massive amounts of debris choking off shipping lanes and creating
navigational hazards in the Gulf, so that the immediate docking of hospital
and supply ships could have occured. Not to mention the fact that those
same ships would have already been docked close by, so there would be no lag
time for supply and sailing? Oh, and I guess that prior to Iraq, those
ships would not have been damaged by the storm either, and the docking
facilitities would have remained intact..... Yup, it's Iraq's fault
all-right.

> As do I. I will make my donations in support of this effort. The folks
> in charge of Federal disaster relief are the same ones in charge of
> Homeland Security. This does not give me a warm, comfortable feeling.

FEMA is run by homeland security? Really? Sorta like the CIA and the FBI
are run by homeland security?

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Matthew L. Martin

Dave Bugg wrote:

Normal kneejerk reaction snipped.

Your "points" are well regurgitatated, but you really should broaden you
reading material. Many people inside the current administration have
made statements essentially the same as the ones I made. They are not
controversial any more. That is unless you get all of your news from FOX
and Limbaugh.

> FEMA is run by homeland security? Really? Sorta like the CIA and the FBI
> are run by homeland security?

<http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apwashington_story.asp?category=1152&slug=Katrina% 20Homeland%20Security>

"WASHINGTON -- The Homeland Security Department said Wednesday it had
declared Hurricane Katrina an "incident of national significance,"
triggering for the first time a coordinated federal response to states
and localities overwhelmed by disaster.

"The order by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, invoked late
Tuesday, puts the government's new national response plan to its first
test. Essentially, the plan funnels help from all federal agencies
through a single point of contact - a reform demanded after the Sept.
11, 2001, terror attacks".

"Issued by the Department of Homeland Security in January, the national
response plan gives the agency [Homeland Security] the authority to
synchronize all federal assistance, from the Federal Emergency
Management Agency to the Health and Human Services Department and the
Pentagon. It is put into motion when local and state authorities can no
longer manage an emergency on their own"

At least I checked my facts before I posted them on usenet.

Matthew

--
"... Mr. (Gregory) LaCava, a producer-director who could be called a
genius except for the fact that Orson Welles has debased the term ...",
Larry

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:48:29 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>"Issued by the Department of Homeland Security in January, the national
>response plan gives the agency [Homeland Security] the authority to
>synchronize all federal assistance, from the Federal Emergency
>Management Agency to the Health and Human Services Department and the
>Pentagon. It is put into motion when local and state authorities can no
>longer manage an emergency on their own"

I guess I don't read enough. Is the Pentagon run by Homeland
Security?

D. Winsor

"cl" > wrote in message
"It is via pansy liberal beliefs that our boys are still getting killed over
there."

Those who hold "pansy liberal beliefs" would not have invaded Iraq in the
first place. They probably would've invaded somewhere useful like the
Saudis. They'd have a popular support there.

"The military is not a police force or pacifier yet that is the role being
placed on them."

Yet it isn't the "pansy liberals" placing them in that role.

"You will never win a war if the requirement is to turn the conquered people
into a bunch of petal throwing hippies."

What an ignorant statement.

"Likewise you can never fully prepare for a natural disaster, it just isn't
reality."

No, but you can make sure your President isn't adventuring abroad with the
nation's resources. In fact, you can make sure he can respond at home
before he responds abroad. Basic preparedness like ensuring the soundness
of the levees surrounding New Orleans shows how far your country has sunk
under Republican rule. There was an awful lot of warning for thuis storm to
have so much misery untended in the aftermath.

> XOXO,
>
> -CAL

Matthew L. Martin

Larry wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:48:29 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Issued by the Department of Homeland Security in January, the national
>>response plan gives the agency [Homeland Security] the authority to
>>synchronize all federal assistance, from the Federal Emergency
>>Management Agency to the Health and Human Services Department and the
>>Pentagon. It is put into motion when local and state authorities can no
>>longer manage an emergency on their own"

> I guess I don't read enough.

No, you didn't.

> Is the Pentagon run by Homeland
> Security?

You didn't even read what I quoted. I'll quote it again:

"Issued by the Department of Homeland Security in January, the national
response plan gives the agency [Homeland Security] the authority to
synchronize all federal assistance, from the Federal Emergency
Management Agency to the Health and Human Services Department and the
Pentagon."

See the last word in that sentence.

If that is too hard: For the purposes of responding to an "incident of
national significance," yes the Pentagon works for Homeland Security.

Matthew

--
"... Mr. (Gregory) LaCava, a producer-director who could be called a
genius except for the fact that Orson Welles has debased the term ...",
H. Allen Smith, "Lost in the Horse Latitudes"
Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 08:41:25 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>FEMA is run by homeland security? Really? Sorta like the CIA and the FBI
>are run by homeland security?

"Improve National Response and Recovery Efforts by Focusing FEMA on
Its Core Functions. FEMA will report directly to the Secretary of
Homeland Security."

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interap...orial_0646.xml

cl

"D. Winsor" wrote:

> Those who hold "pansy liberal beliefs" would not have invaded Iraq in the
> first place.

Last I heard the bleeding hearts voted for the War.

> They probably would've invaded somewhere useful like the
> Saudis. They'd have a popular support there.

The Iraqi reserves are nothing to sneeze about...

> "The military is not a police force or pacifier yet that is the role being
> placed on them."
>
> Yet it isn't the "pansy liberals" placing them in that role.

No, they are projecting that role onto them and even more so the rest of
the world.

> "You will never win a war if the requirement is to turn the conquered people
> into a bunch of petal throwing hippies."
> What an ignorant statement.

So you feel the objective of war is to tame the people being conquered.
I guess we need to take the "Fab Four" over there to soften the the
iraqi citizens and impose a sense of Feng Shui

> "Likewise you can never fully prepare for a natural disaster, it just isn't
> reality."

> No, but you can make sure your President isn't adventuring abroad with the
> nation's resources.

Like sending money to London, Thialand, etc?

> In fact, you can make sure he can respond at home
> before he responds abroad.

You don't understand the organizational structure of our country very
well do you? I guess you opine that the green berets should now be
taught home economics an construction? Yeaah, nothing like a bunch of
guys taught to kill being expected to setup lemonade stands and build
retaining walls. In regard to mismanagement of nation resources, we send
it to other countries in the time of need. I don't see the world tossing
money our way now that we have a natural disaster.

> Basic preparedness like ensuring the soundness
> of the levees surrounding New Orleans shows how far your country has sunk
> under Republican rule.
> There was an awful lot of warning for thuis storm to
> have so much misery untended in the aftermath.

Just like 'Fats' Domino, some people decided to stay in a city after
full warning. Understand, this is a city below sea level and it has
flooded before. The levee was built to withstand a Cat3 store and evac
warnings were given well in advance. It is unfortunate that false alerts
were given in the past so people decided to not leave thinking it would
be the same as before. This has nothing to do with our President. It is
the price one pays to live in an area that built on a poor foundation.

BTW, New Orleans was the one sinking, not the country, literally. If
you build on a sand bar, things aren't nice when the waves come it and
the footing is placed on silt.

Dave Bugg wrote:

Normal kneejerk reaction snipped.

Your "points" are well regurgitatated, but you really should broaden you
reading material. Many people inside the current administration have
made statements essentially the same as the ones I made. They are not
controversial any more. That is unless you get all of your news from FOX
and Limbaugh.
Snip
At least I checked my facts before I posted them on usenet.

Matthew

Too bad you don't understand facts.
Next thing you'll be telling us is Bush planned this to eradicate
the blacks. LOL
Talk about racist here is a link to a lib. page that I'm shure these freaks just eat up
The reason I'm posting this link is so normal folks see how insane these america
hating freaks think

Maybe Bush should just spend his time ripping investors off, getting hummers from little girls,
tossing bombs at asprin factorys and just simply ignore the safty of our country.
Oh wait sombody has already done that.
If you liberal pukes hate this country so much maybe you should just move to France.

Dave Bugg wrote:

[...]

**********End Of Post*************
Oops forgot the link
http://slate.msn.com/id/2124688/

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:
> Harry Demidavicius wrote:
> >
> > Where are the field hospitals, Porta potties, Kitchens?

> Those we have. The National Guard and Military Reserve, which would
> normally be delivering them are over stretched, either in Afghanistan or
> Iraq or supporting the efforts there.
>
> > America has all those things squirreled away in their armed forces
> > reservoir of supplies. What about lodgings for the next 24
> > days/weeks/ months ? Who's in charge of Forward Planning?
> > Any kind of planning?
> > What a mess!

> There seems to be as much preparedness for this disaster as there was
> preparedness for military victory in Iraq.
>
> > I feel for all those folks.

> As do I. I will make my donations in support of this effort. The folks
> in charge of Federal disaster relief are the same ones in charge of
> Homeland Security. This does not give me a warm, comfortable feeling.

I think it would be best if I keep out of this thread beyond this point!

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:04:59 GMT, > wrote:

>Dave Bugg wrote:
>
>Normal kneejerk reaction snipped.
>
>Your "points" are well regurgitatated, but you really should broaden you
>reading material. Many people inside the current administration have
>made statements essentially the same as the ones I made. They are not
>controversial any more. That is unless you get all of your news from FOX
>and Limbaugh.
>Snip
>At least I checked my facts before I posted them on usenet.
>
>Matthew
>
>Too bad you don't understand facts.
>Next thing you'll be telling us is Bush planned this to eradicate
>the blacks. LOL
>Talk about racist here is a link to a lib. page that I'm shure these freaks just eat up
>The reason I'm posting this link is so normal folks see how insane these america
>hating freaks think
>
>Maybe Bush should just spend his time ripping investors off, getting hummers from little girls,
>tossing bombs at asprin factorys and just simply ignore the safty of our country.
>Oh wait sombody has already done that.
>If you liberal pukes hate this country so much maybe you should just move to France.

Fix your newsreader, bozo, so that it quotes correctly. You'll still
be killfiled for being an ignorant ditto-head, but at least your
newsreader will quote correctly.

cl > wrote:
> "Matthew L. Martin" wrote:
> >
> > There seems to be as much preparedness for this disaster as there was
> > preparedness for military victory in Iraq.

> What an ignorant statement.
>
> Don't mistaken the inability of the Iraqis to govern themselves as a
> failure of the US military. The joint was taken over swiftly and
> decidedly. Lawlessness of the populus is not a military issue, just a
> costly hinderance. It is via pansy liberal beliefs that our boys are
> still getting killed over there. The military is not a police force or
> pacifier yet that is the role being placed on them. You will never win a
> war if the requirement is to turn the conquered people into a bunch of
> petal throwing hippies. Likewise you can never fully prepare for a
> natural disaster, it just isn't reality.
>
> XOXO,

I hope that any looters among those being bussed from New Orleans to Texas
are aware that the Lone Star State has a "Shoot to kill" policy for looters
and is a Right To Carry Concealed state. Maybe unaware would be better!

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

A Lib posted:
Fix your newsreader, bozo, so that it quotes correctly. You'll still
be killfiled for being an ignorant ditto-head, but at least your
newsreader will quote correctly.

Maybe you should learn how to read/post on usenet.
Should I top post? Hmm No. Maybe use outlook? Hmm No again.
Oh Oh I know I should use Forte. Hmmm NOT.
Just like a Lib. to think everything they do is correct and everybody else is wrong.

Go ahead and put me on you KF. I've been on usenet much longer than you & your kind
that have been spouting socialism and bio ethics .

It's funny how these freaks want to KF others who don't agree with there sick ideas.

I do have to say that this thing has gone way off topic.
I apologize to the orig. poster since I allowed
myself to be sucked into resonding to a liberal looser who should just leave our country.

Did you ever make the chicks?