"Jack Schidt®" > wrote:

> Anway, back to bbq. Jack Curry used to bemoan the fact that we dragged
> politics into this forum.

He and I exchanged many private e-mails on that subject. While we often had
different positions, he was always articulate, logical and polite.

Thinkin' of you, Mr. Curry. Quiet these troubled waters with yer food:

Jack Curry Memorial Luncheon - 12 Noon, Saturday, February 5, 2005

************************************************** *************************

Jack Curry's Cole Slaw (prepare Friday night)

3 Lbs. cabbage
3 ribs of celery
1 onion (yellow)
1 bell pepper
3 carrots
2 Cups sugar (Hawaiian when you can get it.)

Shred, chop or dice all and mix with sugar. Set cabbage mixture aside.

1/2 Cup of white vinegar
1/2 Cup of Apple Cider vinegar
1/2 Cup olive oil
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp kosher salt

Bring all to a boil, pour over cabbage mixture, toss and chill overnight.

************************************************** ************************

Jack Curry's Horseradish White Sauce (6 breasts or 1/2 chicken - make 1/2)

2 cups of mayonnaise,
1 cup of cider vinegar,
1/2 cup prepared horseradish
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper to taste

Cook the breasts first (I brined 'em first in Hound's Citrus Brine - do it
Friday night):

1 gallon water
1 cup Kosher salt or 1/2 cup table salt
juice of 3 oranges
juice of three limes
juice of three lemons
rinds from same
1 sliced white onion
1 head of garlic, crushed
stems from a bunch of cilantro, chopped
Serranos to taste, minimum of 4
rough ground cumin and coriander 2 Tbsp each
1/4 cup chili powder or any ground chile you prefer
(1/4 cup onion powder is optional)
(1/4cup garlic powder is optional)

Place the bird(s) and plenty of brine solution in a ziploc bag(s) and leave
refrigerated overnight prior to cooking.

An hour before cooking take the bird out and thoroughly wash it down with
cold water for at least 30 seconds. Grill, smoke or cook as desired, then
when they're done, dump 'em in the white sauce for 5 minutes and serve with
white sauce on the side. The recipe is enough to do a dozen breasts, so
half or even quarter it if you're doing a half chicken.

NOTE: Bring the white sauce to a boil, for safety, before serving on the
side. nick

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

"TFM®" > wrote:
> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote
>
> > Anway, back to bbq. Jack Curry used to bemoan the fact that we dragged
> > politics into this forum.
> >
> > Jack - no bbq today, but grilling. Steak last night, bratwurst today,
> > who the hell knows what mañana.

> Hoisting one to my departed friend Mr. Jack.
>
> Here's to all y'all. (hoisting another)
>
> Here's to everybody. (hoisting yet another)
>
> How about we all just get drunk and forget about it for a while.
>
> There's grilling or smoking in my future as the weather just kinda broke.
> It's been hellish for the last month and it's tolerable now for a few
> days. (I build houses in Florida if you need to know)
>
> Here's to the group. May AFB carry on like I found it..........a place
> where people are glad to share info and relate stories.
>
> Hoisting another...........I'll report back later...

Thanks, TFM®. Sometimes it takes a redneck hillbilly (and some decent
whiskey) ta restore a little sanity and civility to a group, so like the
carpenter said:

Hoisting one to my departed friend Mr. Jack.

Here's to all y'all. (hoisting another)

Here's to everybody. (hoisting yet another)

How about we all just get drunk and forget about it for a while.
[ . . . ]
Here's to the group. May AFB carry on like I found it . . . a place
where people are glad to share info and relate stories.

Hoisting another . . . this one ta TFM®. ;-)

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

NotHome

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message

> Posse Comitatus only applies to the Military, not the Coast Guard or the
> rest of Homeland Security, including FEMA. Something tells me we're going
> to hear that term misused a lot in the coming weeks.

Which negates the discussion all about the national guard. The coast guard
had to evacuate also, they don't havea magical device to survice a
hurricane.

> The Governor's request was made on August 28th before Katrina's landfall.
> Are you saying it should have been made sooner?

Different request. Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance doesn't include
the request for military assistance.

> That's Aug 28th. The hurricane hit soonafter, yet the requested federal
> aid didn't appear until yesterday. The head of FEMA pleaded ignorance to
> the severity of conditions, claiming he didn't know until Thursday, Sept
> 1, that there were 15,000 refugees in the Superdome.

Here is the request:
http://www.gov.state.la.us/Disaster%...%20Request.pdf
That is not a military request, that is a funding request.

As for the superdome and convention center, the state set up the shelter but
did not provide the necessary supplies to sustain resonable conditions.

> I'm not going to argue this topic any further. You're not going to
> convince me that the Feds are off the hook, and quite possibly I'm not
> going to convince you otherwise. I say drop it.

No problem, just providing information on the facts, I've learned that
trying to convince isn't worth trying. Providing evidence out side of my
opinion is though.

> Anway, back to bbq. Jack Curry used to bemoan the fact that we dragged
> politics into this forum.
>
> Jack - no bbq today, but grilling. Steak last night, bratwurst today, who
> the hell knows what mañana.

Back on with yah. Had bbq today, unfortunately not my own and too much
sauce....

Jack Schidt®

"NotHome" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
>>
>> Posse Comitatus only applies to the Military, not the Coast Guard or the
>> rest of Homeland Security, including FEMA. Something tells me we're
>> going to hear that term misused a lot in the coming weeks.

> Which negates the discussion all about the national guard. The coast guard
> had to evacuate also, they don't havea magical device to survice a
> hurricane.
>

>> The Governor's request was made on August 28th before Katrina's landfall.
>> Are you saying it should have been made sooner?

> Different request. Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance doesn't
> include the request for military assistance.
>

>> That's Aug 28th. The hurricane hit soonafter, yet the requested federal
>> aid didn't appear until yesterday. The head of FEMA pleaded ignorance to
>> the severity of conditions, claiming he didn't know until Thursday, Sept
>> 1, that there were 15,000 refugees in the Superdome.

> Here is the request:
> http://www.gov.state.la.us/Disaster%...%20Request.pdf
> That is not a military request, that is a funding request.
>
> As for the superdome and convention center, the state set up the shelter
> but did not provide the necessary supplies to sustain resonable
> conditions.
>
>> I'm not going to argue this topic any further. You're not going to
>> convince me that the Feds are off the hook, and quite possibly I'm not
>> going to convince you otherwise. I say drop it.

> No problem, just providing information on the facts, I've learned that
> trying to convince isn't worth trying. Providing evidence out side of my
> opinion is though.

You're completely wrong and presented false 'facts'. If you'd like to
continue this via email, fine. I'd rather not clog up a bbq newsgroup with
your spin on the matter.

Thanks,

Jack

NotHome

"CS" > wrote in message
> The Posse Comitatus Act has no practical effect today, and it is easily
> circumvented by the Stafford Act, 42 USC 5521, which can be applied in
> times of natural disaster, as well as the Civil Disturbance Act, 10 USC
> 331.
>
> It doesn't appear that the Federal government was standing at the borders
> of Louisiana and Mississippi just waiting to go in but held off until the
> Governors gave them the go-ahead.

After the discussion I heard with the senator last night on nightline, that
is infact what was occuring to some degree. They even discussed 125 special
forces ready to go in and secure the area but were twidling their thumbs
waiting for the Governers invite.

> As the foreign press has aptly observed, Katrina measured and tracked
> with mathematical precision, but very little, if anything, was done to
> prepare for its aftermath.

Evac order was given and the vast majority heeded it. So anywhere from
25000 to 50000 decide to not do it. Had they left as was ordered, would we
be in this situation?

NotHome

"TFM®" > wrote in message

> "cl" > wrote
>

>> The context of this is confusing (or all inclusive). Are you commenting
>> on an isolationalist mentality or unsophisticaed? I'd also love to know
>> your definition of "hillbillie-like" and how it implies anything in
>> regard to your argument.
>>
>> -CAL

> Look here mother-****ers. As one, I can clearly state that the word is
> spelled, "Hillbilly".

And the fact you can spell it excludes you from comment.

NotHome

"TFM®" > wrote in message
.. .

> How about not building major cities in disaster prone areas? Holy shit,
> what a ****ing concept Batman!

Is that you Robin?

> Fault line? Let's put massive cities on it. It'll make for great footage
> someday.

It is a divine trap. Resource gems always have a catch.

> Below sea level and on the coast, you say? Wonderful! The news will be
> really impressive on that impending disaster.

....and built on a foundation of silt.

> Yeah, I live in Florida.......we all know it's not the safest place
> either.
>
> Maybe I should move to Kansas.

Bad choice. Too many 'tornaders

NotHome

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
t...

> "NotHome" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Posse Comitatus only applies to the Military, not the Coast Guard or the
>>> rest of Homeland Security, including FEMA. Something tells me we're
>>> going to hear that term misused a lot in the coming weeks.

>> Which negates the discussion all about the national guard. The coast
>> guard had to evacuate also, they don't havea magical device to survice a
>> hurricane.
>>

>>> The Governor's request was made on August 28th before Katrina's
>>> landfall. Are you saying it should have been made sooner?

>> Different request. Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance doesn't
>> include the request for military assistance.
>>

>>> That's Aug 28th. The hurricane hit soonafter, yet the requested federal
>>> aid didn't appear until yesterday. The head of FEMA pleaded ignorance
>>> to the severity of conditions, claiming he didn't know until Thursday,
>>> Sept 1, that there were 15,000 refugees in the Superdome.

>> Here is the request:
>> http://www.gov.state.la.us/Disaster%...%20Request.pdf
>> That is not a military request, that is a funding request.
>>
>> As for the superdome and convention center, the state set up the shelter
>> but did not provide the necessary supplies to sustain resonable
>> conditions.
>>
>>> I'm not going to argue this topic any further. You're not going to
>>> convince me that the Feds are off the hook, and quite possibly I'm not
>>> going to convince you otherwise. I say drop it.

>> No problem, just providing information on the facts, I've learned that
>> trying to convince isn't worth trying. Providing evidence out side of my
>> opinion is though.

> You're completely wrong and presented false 'facts'. If you'd like to
> continue this via email, fine. I'd rather not clog up a bbq newsgroup
> with your spin on the matter.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack

Did you read the official request of assistance?
Were the states official shelters properly equipped?

What is "completely wrong "?

NotHome

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> NotHome wrote:
>> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
>> news >>
>>>The National Guard needs to stay at home, for proper Homeland Security,
>>>and not be a piggy bank for manpower overseas.

>> And what are the men to do? Relief supplies are the real issue, not
>> manpower. If our soldiers can live in 140degree tents with supplies, so
>> can the ones that didn't evac. We need food ,water and medicine, not more
>> people on the ground consuming the resources. People use a little
>> greymatter.

> I assume you expect these relief supplies to deliver and distribute
> themselves.
>
> Matthew

If you have too many troops on the ground, you have undue consumption. Air
drops and a small security force are all that is necessary. What do you
propose? 30000 troops as a political statement? FEMA is in carge of the rest
(SNR,etc), not the national guard. Remember that is what is being commented
on.

DavidG

carpenter said:

Hoisting one to my departed friend Mr. Jack.

Here's to all y'all. (hoisting another)

Here's to everybody. (hoisting yet another)

How about we all just get drunk and forget about it for a
while.
[ . . . ]
Here's to the group. May AFB carry on like I found it . . .
a place
where people are glad to share info and relate stories.

Hoisting another . . . this one ta TFM®. ;-)

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror
Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ &
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
forgotten. Thanks ! ! !

Jeez Nick.......I don't want you to get too worn out. Let me
hoist this next one--

(sippin a fine NY State Chardonnay)

DG--

http://www.usenet.com

"NotHome" > wrote:
> "TFM®" > wrote in message
>
> > How about not building major cities in disaster prone areas? Holy
> > shit, what a ****ing concept Batman!

> Is that you Robin?
>
> > Fault line? Let's put massive cities on it. It'll make for great
> > footage someday.

> It is a divine trap. Resource gems always have a catch.
>
> > Below sea level and on the coast, you say? Wonderful! The news will
> > be really impressive on that impending disaster.

> ...and built on a foundation of silt.
>
> > Yeah, I live in Florida.......we all know it's not the safest place
> > either.
> >
> > Maybe I should move to Kansas.

> Bad choice. Too many 'tornaders

Methinks you have failed to recognize the hillbilly's sense of humor in
irony.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Jack Schidt®

"NotHome" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
> t...
>>
>> "NotHome" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> Which negates the discussion all about the national guard. The coast
>>> guard had to evacuate also, they don't havea magical device to survice a
>>> hurricane.

>>> Different request. Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance doesn't
>>> include the request for military assistance.

>>> Here is the request:
>>> http://www.gov.state.la.us/Disaster%...%20Request.pdf
>>> That is not a military request, that is a funding request.
>>>
>>> As for the superdome and convention center, the state set up the shelter
>>> but did not provide the necessary supplies to sustain resonable
>>> conditions.

>>> No problem, just providing information on the facts, I've learned that
>>> trying to convince isn't worth trying. Providing evidence out side of my
>>> opinion is though.

>> You're completely wrong and presented false 'facts'. If you'd like to
>> continue this via email, fine. I'd rather not clog up a bbq newsgroup
>> with your spin on the matter.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jack

> Did you read the official request of assistance?
> Were the states official shelters properly equipped?
>
> What is "completely wrong "?

I did read the standard form for state emergency assistance to the federal
government, dated August 28. Please provide a link proving me wrong.

> Were the states official shelters properly equipped?

Cat 5 hurricane, prove that they weren't? If you're quibbling over little
bits of paperwork. Again, provide a link proving me wrong.

Your're spin isn't working. Again, I'll say it. Both local and federal
authorities are at fault for this debacle.

Jack

"DavidG" > wrote:
> > > Anway, back to bbq. Jack Curry used to bemoan the fact
> > > that we dragged politics into this forum.
> > >
> > > Jack - no bbq today, but grilling. Steak last night,
> > > bratwurst today,
> > > who the hell knows what mañana.

> > Hoisting one to my departed friend Mr. Jack.
> >
> > Here's to all y'all. (hoisting another)
> >
> > Here's to everybody. (hoisting yet another)
> >
> > How about we all just get drunk and forget about it for a
> > while.
> >
> > There's grilling or smoking in my future as the weather
> > just kinda broke.
> > It's been hellish for the last month and it's tolerable
> > now for a few
> > days. (I build houses in Florida if you need to know)
> >
> > Here's to the group. May AFB carry on like I found
> > it..........a place
> > where people are glad to share info and relate stories.
> >
> > Hoisting another...........I'll report back later...
> >

> Thanks, TFM®. Sometimes it takes a redneck hillbilly (and
> some decent
> whiskey) ta restore a little sanity and civility to a group,
> so like the
> carpenter said:
>
> Hoisting one to my departed friend Mr. Jack.
>
> Here's to all y'all. (hoisting another)
>
> Here's to everybody. (hoisting yet another)
>
> How about we all just get drunk and forget about it for a
> while.
> [ . . . ]
> Here's to the group. May AFB carry on like I found it . . .
> a place
> where people are glad to share info and relate stories.
>
> Hoisting another . . . this one ta TFM®. ;-)
>
> Jeez Nick.......I don't want you to get too worn out. Let me
> hoist this next one--
>
> (sippin a fine NY State Chardonnay)

Thanks, David. The more good friends toast (and get toasted) together, the
better; as I hoist one to and with you, et al. (sippin' a fine Barbados
Rum)

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Dave Bugg

Duwop wrote:

> Must of been important to you to ask twice. Or short term memory
> loss, take your pick. But you do seem to understand that everyone
> lost, yet not be acting on that knowledge.

Not important... it just takes time for some folks to "get it".

> Ya know, if you want to slime someone every time they disagree with
> you you really need to construct your insults better.

Look in the mirror... you do nothing but slime those who don't fall in line
with YOUR beliefs. Your ilk started this, not me.

> Simply by
> replying I've made the above false. If you hadn't used this insult I
> probably would have not replied and let things die.

You make anything false by pretending to be the innocent injured party, when
you are, in fact, the culprit. You don't want political beliefs floating
around, then keep yours to yourself and I'll do the same.

> WOOF

Oink.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 20:38:01 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

> You don't want political beliefs floating
>around, then keep yours to yourself and I'll do the same.

Until the next time.

TFM®

"NotHome" > wrote

> >> The context of this is confusing (or all inclusive). Are you commenting
> >> on an isolationalist mentality or unsophisticaed? I'd also love to

know
> >> your definition of "hillbillie-like" and how it implies anything in
> >> regard to your argument.
> >>
> >> -CAL

> > Look here mother-****ers. As one, I can clearly state that the word is
> > spelled, "Hillbilly".

> And the fact you can spell it excludes you from comment.

Durn!

TFM®

Dave Bugg

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> Until the next time.

No, I promise. Seriously.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

"DavidG" > wrote:
> > > Anway, back to bbq. Jack Curry used to bemoan the fact
> > > that we dragged politics into this forum.
> > >
> > > Jack - no bbq today, but grilling. Steak last night,
> > > bratwurst today,
> > > who the hell knows what mañana.

> > Hoisting one to my departed friend Mr. Jack.
> >
> > Here's to all y'all. (hoisting another)
> >
> > Here's to everybody. (hoisting yet another)
> >
> > How about we all just get drunk and forget about it for a
> > while.
> >
> > There's grilling or smoking in my future as the weather
> > just kinda broke.
> > It's been hellish for the last month and it's tolerable
> > now for a few
> > days. (I build houses in Florida if you need to know)
> >
> > Here's to the group. May AFB carry on like I found
> > it..........a place
> > where people are glad to share info and relate stories.
> >
> > Hoisting another...........I'll report back later...
> >

> Thanks, TFM®. Sometimes it takes a redneck hillbilly (and
> some decent
> whiskey) ta restore a little sanity and civility to a group,
> so like the
> carpenter said:
>
> Hoisting one to my departed friend Mr. Jack.
>
> Here's to all y'all. (hoisting another)
>
> Here's to everybody. (hoisting yet another)
>
> How about we all just get drunk and forget about it for a
> while.
> [ . . . ]
> Here's to the group. May AFB carry on like I found it . . .
> a place
> where people are glad to share info and relate stories.
>
> Hoisting another . . . this one ta TFM®. ;-)
>
> Jeez Nick.......I don't want you to get too worn out. Let me
> hoist this next one--
>
> (sippin a fine NY State Chardonnay)

Thanks, David. The more good friends toast (and get toasted) together, the
better; as I hoist one to and with you, et al. (sippin' a fine Barbados
Rum)

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

**********End Of Post*************

Amen brothers, Keep tippin the drinks.
I couldn't make it to a bachelor party last night so at the best mans request we
kinda had a after party here tonight with just the guys from the wedding party.
Ahhh nothing like cooking steaks in the dark, good company, and beer flowing like water.

CS

"NotHome" > wrote in message
. ..

> "CS" > wrote in message
>> The Posse Comitatus Act has no practical effect today, and it is easily
>> circumvented by the Stafford Act, 42 USC 5521, which can be applied in
>> times of natural disaster, as well as the Civil Disturbance Act, 10 USC
>> 331.
>>
>> It doesn't appear that the Federal government was standing at the borders
>> of Louisiana and Mississippi just waiting to go in but held off until the
>> Governors gave them the go-ahead.

> After the discussion I heard with the senator last night on nightline,
> that is infact what was occuring to some degree. They even discussed 125
> special forces ready to go in and secure the area but were twidling their
> thumbs waiting for the Governers invite.

So why did it take them almost five days to arrive in any meaningful force?
The answer can only be that they were not mobilized and deployed until some
time after the storm passed, and were not mobilized and prepared for
deployment before. 125 special forces? What impact was this paltry force
supposed to have on a category 4/5 hurricane headed towards a major
metropolitan area sitting below sea level?

>> As the foreign press has aptly observed, Katrina measured and tracked
>> with mathematical precision, but very little, if anything, was done to
>> prepare for its aftermath.

> Evac order was given and the vast majority heeded it. So anywhere from
> 25000 to 50000 decide to not do it. Had they left as was ordered, would we
> be in this situation?

Well, I think New Orleans would still be wrecked and under water. There
were days of warning as to what was going to happen, but apparently those
responsible don't watch CNN, CBS, or NBC. It was clearly forecast as a
major threat to New Orleans for days before it hit. Why weren't troops and
materials staged and ready to go the day after it passed? Comity? Not
likely.

The majority of the ones who stayed had no choice. They were the poor, the
elderly, and the infirm that could not get out on their own. Merely
ordering them to leave apparently didn't make it so.

There is no justification for the lack of federal support and coordination,
given that it has been known about New Orleans's vulnerability to this sort
of storm for decades and the storm was forecast days before it hit. Katrina
was not a tornado or an earthquake, and didn't just appear out of nowhere.
Our President could not be bothered from his month-long vacation in Texas,
and apparently everyone else in Washington was also asleep at the switch or
out of touch or on a holiday. If this is the way our "Homeland Security"
reacts with several days notice of a disaster, we are in real trouble in the
event of a surprise of any magnitude.

Tonight I smoked some St. Louis style pork ribs over a mixture of oak and
hickory.

Matthew L. Martin

CS wrote:
> If this is the way our "Homeland Security"
> reacts with several days notice of a disaster, we are in real trouble in the
> event of a surprise of any magnitude.

We had better pay attention to that fact. Given the billions that are
being spent and the personal freedoms that have been compromised, the
government should have been able to produce acceptable performance. Even
GWB has declared that what happened was unacceptable.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

Matthew L. Martin

NotHome wrote:
> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
>
>>NotHome wrote:
>>
>>>"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
>>>news >>>

>>>And what are the men to do? Relief supplies are the real issue, not
>>>manpower. If our soldiers can live in 140degree tents with supplies, so
>>>can the ones that didn't evac. We need food ,water and medicine, not more
>>>people on the ground consuming the resources. People use a little
>>>greymatter.

>>I assume you expect these relief supplies to deliver and distribute
>>themselves.
>>
>>Matthew

> If you have too many troops on the ground, you have undue consumption. Air
> drops and a small security force are all that is necessary. What do you
> propose? 30000 troops as a political statement? FEMA is in carge of the rest
> (SNR,etc), not the national guard. Remember that is what is being commented
> on.

You don't know very much about search and rescue followed by
humanitarian aid. It takes people. Air drops are almost always the last
resort because they are dangerous, difficult to control and ultimately
contribute to lawlessness. Nothing like having armed guards at
distribution points to keep order.

BTW, 30,000 is probably too few to deal with the devastation. But I'm
sure that if you were in command it could be done with 20.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
NotHome

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message

> "NotHome" > wrote in message

>> Did you read the official request of assistance?
>> Were the states official shelters properly equipped?
>>
>> What is "completely wrong "?

> I did read the standard form for state emergency assistance to the federal
> government, dated August 28. Please provide a link proving me wrong.

I'm still trying to determine what the point of contention is.

The form was not one asking for military assistance.
http://www.gov.state.la.us/Disaster%...%20Request.pdf

>> Were the states official shelters properly equipped?

> Cat 5 hurricane, prove that they weren't? If you're quibbling over little
> bits of paperwork. Again, provide a link proving me wrong.

You seem to be arguing for arguments sake. I wrote: "As for the superdome
and convention center, the state set up the shelter
but did not provide the necessary supplies to sustain resonable conditions."
I never mentioned the ability of the shelters to weather the storm.
Regardless, the Superdome pictures show that it wasn't impervious.

> Your're spin isn't working. Again, I'll say it. Both local and federal
> authorities are at fault for this debacle.

How are the Feds responsible? Shelters were established by the Governer but
not equipped with supplies. Financial assistance was asked for and granted.
Fema moved in. Military support was not requested but it appears you feel
that the military should have just ignored the laws and moved in anyways.
Please supply support for your argument and evidence against mine. Let us
see facts, not just a fellow's opinion.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:34:58 GMT, "NotHome" > wrote:

<snip>

Um, CAL? Are you morphing to avoid killfiles, or did you create this
"NotHome" sock-puppet in July so that it would appear that someone
actually agrees with you and thinks you're clever?

***************
From: "cl" > <---- THAT'S YOU, CAL
Newsgroups: alt.religion.kibology
<SNIP>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 04:23:06 GMT

***************
From: "NotHome" > <---- THAT'S YOU, CAL, AGAIN
Newsgroups: alt.religion.kibology
<SNIP>
Subject: SSP
<SNIP>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:07:34 GMT

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:24:53 GMT, cl > wrote:
> >
> >Chris McGonnell wrote:

> >So Chris did you hate the nuns for kicking the crap out of you?
> >
> >-CAL

> Oh, look at that! Chris has got his own little stalker clamped to his
> leg. Kind of creepy, innit, how the little stalker posts only to
> leg-hump his targets.

Notice you refer to me correctly as being 'ltttle', as we you should
given your task of hold earth in its eliptical.

> Very creepy.

No,what is creepy is that I wondered if I would get your reply just by
posting to McGoneNoLife. The reason it is so creepy I because I didn't
really expect you to notice the extra weight because we all know that
Chris has his head stuck up your anus.

-CAL <---- THAT'S YOU, AGAIN.
***************

Your sock-puppetry might be a tad more convincing if you actually made
some attempt to forge the headers. It might also be a good idea if you
and your sock puppet didn't trot out the same tired "flames" aimed at
the same people. Oh, yeah. One other thing: Try to remember not to
sign your name to your sock-puppet's posts.

Dumb plus incompetent. A scary combination.

NotHome

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:34:58 GMT, "NotHome" > wrote:
>
> Um, CAL? Are you morphing to avoid killfiles, or did you create this
> "NotHome" sock-puppet in July so that it would appear that someone
> actually agrees with you and thinks you're clever?

Here is a signed post to ARK by me on August 6. I guess you aren't as
perceptive as you thought. Different machine from the cl one and different
account. It was signed and that my netk00k stalker is not sockpuppetry.

See below

Newsgroups: alt.religion.kibology
From: "NotHome" > - Find messages by this author
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:26:42 GMT
Subject: What to do in a thunderstorm
original | Report Abuse

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message

Of course it is an old joke, but in keeping with the one trick pony bit,
there is a kernel of truth in every joke! Now we realize the origin.

(what do you know anyhow, you are an opinion prostitute)
-CAL

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:16:32 GMT, "NotHome" > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:34:58 GMT, "NotHome" > wrote:
>>
>> Um, CAL? Are you morphing to avoid killfiles, or did you create this
>> "NotHome" sock-puppet in July so that it would appear that someone
>> actually agrees with you and thinks you're clever?

>Here is a signed post to ARK by me on August 6. I guess you aren't as
>perceptive as you thought. Different machine from the cl one and different
>account. It was signed and that my netk00k stalker is not sockpuppetry.
>
>See below
>

>Newsgroups: alt.religion.kibology
>From: "NotHome" > - Find messages by this author
>Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:26:42 GMT
>Subject: What to do in a thunderstorm
>Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show
>original | Report Abuse
>

>"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
>
>Of course it is an old joke, but in keeping with the one trick pony bit,
>there is a kernel of truth in every joke! Now we realize the origin.
>
>(what do you know anyhow, you are an opinion prostitute)
>-CAL

So you made the same mistake twice, by signing your name to your sock
puppet's posts. That's hardly surpising. In fact, it is to be
expected.

"NotHome" > wrote:
> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> [blah blah blah snipped]

AMF!

PLONK

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Duwop

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Duwop wrote:
>
> > Must of been important to you to ask twice. Or short term memory
> > loss, take your pick. But you do seem to understand that everyone
> > lost, yet not be acting on that knowledge.

> Not important... it just takes time for some folks to "get it".

That's somethin' I've been waitin for, thanks.

> > Ya know, if you want to slime someone every time they disagree with
> > you you really need to construct your insults better.

> Look in the mirror... you do nothing but slime those who don't fall in

line
> with YOUR beliefs. Your ilk started this, not me.

Excuse me, but you are the one making disparaging remarks. Or do I need to
repost?

> > Simply by
> > replying I've made the above false. If you hadn't used this insult I
> > probably would have not replied and let things die.

> You make anything false by pretending to be the innocent injured party,

when
> you are, in fact, the culprit.

Don't you wish. Play again.. But to reiterate your simple minded insult:

>"yet you run squeeeeeling like pigs to the slaughter when confronted."

So, again, your insult needs work since simply by replying anyone can put
lie to your words.

>You don't want political beliefs floating
> around, then keep yours to yourself and I'll do the same.

Really? Why do I doubt? Oh right! Sorry, it's Matthew's fault isn't it? Damn
Mathew, DAMN HIM!!!!!

> > WOOF

> Oink.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 18:43:33 -0700, "Duwop" > wrote:

>"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>
>>You don't want political beliefs floating
>> around, then keep yours to yourself and I'll do the same.

>Really? Why do I doubt?

Maybe because less than an hour later he was posting about Rehnquist?

Matthew L. Martin

Duwop wrote:

> Really? Why do I doubt? Oh right! Sorry, it's Matthew's fault isn't it? Damn
> Mathew, DAMN HIM!!!!!

And all I did was make an analogy and a statement of fact in response to
Harry's post of sincere outrage, which outrage matches my own. If Dave
Bugg wants to shit all over the newsgroup because that analogy and
statement of fact irritates him, that's his priviledge.

Oh, well.

Matthew

--
"... Mr. (Gregory) LaCava, a producer-director who could be called a
genius except for the fact that Orson Welles has debased the term ...",

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:16:32 GMT, "NotHome" > wrote:
>

> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:34:58 GMT, "NotHome" > wrote:
> >>
> >> Um, CAL? Are you morphing to avoid killfiles, or did you create this
> >> "NotHome" sock-puppet in July so that it would appear that someone
> >> actually agrees with you and thinks you're clever?

> >Here is a signed post to ARK by me on August 6. I guess you aren't as
> >perceptive as you thought. Different machine from the cl one and different
> >account. It was signed and that my netk00k stalker is not sockpuppetry.

....cut

> So you made the same mistake twice, by signing your name to your sock
> puppet's posts. That's hardly surpising. In fact, it is to be
> expected.

Now you are counting the times I used the sig? Google k00k L33t hax0r
KevinS. You need to stop the dry humping or else you will end up with a
rash.

You are just ****y because you probably found a few post of your own in
support of what I said (but not so observant as to note that I was the
one posting).

As for trying to miss the KF's, comeon. The same people I responed to
were people that obviously haven't killfield me in the first place. I
would say good try Kevin but you really don't deserve it and I don't
have the heart to tell you that you throw like a girl.
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:13:49 GMT, cl > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:16:32 GMT, "NotHome" > wrote:
>>

>> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >Here is a signed post to ARK by me on August 6. I guess you aren't as
>> >perceptive as you thought. Different machine from the cl one and different
>> >account. It was signed and that my netk00k stalker is not sockpuppetry.

>...cut
>

>> So you made the same mistake twice, by signing your name to your sock
>> puppet's posts. That's hardly surpising. In fact, it is to be
>> expected.

>Now you are counting the times I used the sig? Google k00k L33t hax0r
>KevinS. You need to stop the dry humping or else you will end up with a
>rash.
>
>You are just ****y because you probably found a few post of your own in
>support of what I said (but not so observant as to note that I was the
>one posting).
>
>As for trying to miss the KF's, comeon. The same people I responed to
>were people that obviously haven't killfield me in the first place. I
>would say good try Kevin but you really don't deserve it and I don't
>have the heart to tell you that you throw like a girl.

Thanks for answering my question. Apparently, you created the
"NotHome" sock-puppet not to avoid killfiles but so it would appear
that someone actually agrees with you and thinks you're clever.

That's sad and pitiable, but I guess it's why k00ks create sock
puppets.

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:13:49 GMT, cl > wrote:

> >As for trying to miss the KF's, comeon. The same people I responed to
> >were people that obviously haven't killfield me in the first place. I
> >would say good try Kevin but you really don't deserve it and I don't
> >have the heart to tell you that you throw like a girl.

> Thanks for answering my question. Apparently, you created the
> "NotHome" sock-puppet not to avoid killfiles but so it would appear
> that someone actually agrees with you and thinks you're clever.

I love your extrapolation of that answer to make it 'figure' the way you
wanted it. What is god, the one who make the rules. Here Kevin is
playing god in his own mind to bend it however he so wishes. Too bad we
cannot share your reality.

> That's sad and pitiable, but I guess it's why k00ks create sock
> puppets.

Someone contact wilkpedia, Kevin has a new definition of sock puppets
that includes a posting with a different profile (yet same signature).

Kevin face it. You just aren't as observant as you thought you were.
Just like you thought the otherday that I you had just ushered me into
ARK from AFB. Yet a month earlier you had replied a few of my posts
under the profile of my other machine. Face it, you missed it. I signed
posts to let you know it was me. There was nothing secret about it. If I
wanted to create a sockpuppet I'd get an account, like yourself, with
individual.net that has encrypted headers and post via a proxy. Sorry
slick, you are barking up the wrong tree.
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:44:54 GMT, cl > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:13:49 GMT, cl > wrote:

>> >As for trying to miss the KF's, comeon. The same people I responed to
>> >were people that obviously haven't killfield me in the first place. I
>> >would say good try Kevin but you really don't deserve it and I don't
>> >have the heart to tell you that you throw like a girl.

>> Thanks for answering my question. Apparently, you created the
>> "NotHome" sock-puppet not to avoid killfiles but so it would appear
>> that someone actually agrees with you and thinks you're clever.

>I love your extrapolation of that answer to make it 'figure' the way you
>wanted it. What is god, the one who make the rules. Here Kevin is
>playing god in his own mind to bend it however he so wishes. Too bad we
>cannot share your reality.
>
>> That's sad and pitiable, but I guess it's why k00ks create sock
>> puppets.

>Someone contact wilkpedia, Kevin has a new definition of sock puppets
>that includes a posting with a different profile (yet same signature).
>

>Kevin face it. You just aren't as observant as you thought you were.
>Just like you thought the otherday that I you had just ushered me into
>ARK from AFB. Yet a month earlier you had replied a few of my posts
>under the profile of my other machine. Face it, you missed it. I signed
>posts to let you know it was me. There was nothing secret about it. If I
>wanted to create a sockpuppet I'd get an account, like yourself, with
>individual.net that has encrypted headers and post via a proxy. Sorry
>slick, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Careful you don't hurt yourself backpedalling like that, sock-puppet
boy.

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> >Kevin face it. You just aren't as observant as you thought you were.
> >Just like you thought the otherday that I you had just ushered me into
> >ARK from AFB. Yet a month earlier you had replied a few of my posts
> >under the profile of my other machine. Face it, you missed it. I signed
> >posts to let you know it was me. There was nothing secret about it. If I
> >wanted to create a sockpuppet I'd get an account, like yourself, with
> >individual.net that has encrypted headers and post via a proxy. Sorry
> >slick, you are barking up the wrong tree.

> Careful you don't hurt yourself backpedalling like that, sock-puppet
> boy.

Amazing how Kevin's rose colored glasses work!

Dave Bugg

Matthew L. Martin wrote:

> And all I did was make an analogy and a statement of fact in response
> to Harry's post of sincere outrage, which outrage matches my own. If
> Dave Bugg wants to shit all over the newsgroup because that analogy
> and statement of fact irritates him, that's his priviledge.

As I said, it's fine for liberal jerk-offs to have their say, but they start
screaming bloody murder if challenged.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:44:54 GMT, cl > wrote:

>Kevin face it. You just aren't as observant as you thought you were.
>Just like you thought the otherday that I you had just ushered me into
>ARK from AFB. Yet a month earlier you had replied a few of my posts
>under the profile of my other machine. Face it, you missed it.

Because I replied, I had missed the fact that it was you posting under
your sock puppets name? Why, I guess I did. Isn't that the entire
reason you created the sock puppet in the first place, to get me to
reply to you?

I ignore you for months, so you create a sock puppet to get me to
reply. That's k00k sign, boy, pure and simple.

> I signed posts to let you know it was me.

You did, huh? Out of all the posts your sock puppet made, you singled
out two to "sign," all so I would know it was you. Why the sudden
interest in keeping me informed? And why only two out of many sock
puppet posts?

Do try to keep your backpedalling, straw-grasping stories straight.
"It wasn't a sock puppet; it was me on a different machine. Except I
wanted you to know that it was still me, so I signed two out of a
couple dozen sock-puppet posts, so you would know who you were
replying so that later I could say 'neener-neener' I got you to reply
to me because that was the whole purpose of using a sock-puppet in the
first place because you were making me cry by ignoring me."

Like I said, k00k sign.

> There was nothing secret about it. If I
>wanted to create a sockpuppet I'd get an account, like yourself, with
>individual.net that has encrypted headers and post via a proxy.

Nice straw man. There might even be a few people stupid enough to
swallow what you're implying: That I somehow disguise my identity by
posting through individual.net -- as do thousands of other easily
identifiable people.

Backpedalling, grasping at straws, and now straw-man building, all at
the same time. You're going to injure yourself if you're not careful.

Matthew L. Martin

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Matthew L. Martin wrote:
>

>>And all I did was make an analogy and a statement of fact in response
>>to Harry's post of sincere outrage, which outrage matches my own. If
>>Dave Bugg wants to shit all over the newsgroup because that analogy
>>and statement of fact irritates him, that's his priviledge.

> As I said, it's fine for liberal jerk-offs to have their say, but they start
> screaming bloody murder if challenged.

You challenged me. I proved you wrong. Are you refuting what GWB did and
said? Are you such a kneejerk dittohead that you will argue against your
own president? Do you really think that anyone who disagrees with your
positions is evil and traitorous?

I have come to the conclusion that you are all of those things. At least
you've gone out of your way to prove it by shitting all over this ng. If
you are going to continue being childish, go find some other ng to do that.

Now to complete this political fiasco: What about taking responsibilty
for your own actions. This is how GWB's administration does that, the
try to shift the blame:

> White House Enacts a Plan to Ease Political Damage
> By ADAM NAGOURNEY and ANNE E. KORNBLUT
> Published: September 5, 2005 WASHINGTON, Sept. 4 - Under the command

of President Bush's two senior

--
Matthew

"All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of
people" -- Alexander Bullock ("My Man Godfrey" 1936)
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:32:56 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Matthew L. Martin wrote:
>
>> And all I did was make an analogy and a statement of fact in response
>> to Harry's post of sincere outrage, which outrage matches my own. If
>> Dave Bugg wants to shit all over the newsgroup because that analogy
>> and statement of fact irritates him, that's his priviledge.

>As I said, it's fine for liberal jerk-offs to have their say, but they start
>screaming bloody murder if challenged.

That . . . um . . . "argument," for lack of a better word, would be
more compelling if it weren't for all the spittle sprayed across your
screen. And I just got this irony meter recalibrated after the last
time you made it register off the scale.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:59:10 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>Do you really think that anyone who disagrees with your
>positions is evil and traitorous?

I suspect that he truly does think that, and suspect, as well, that an
"America, Love It or Leave It" post isn't far off.