Al Reid

Default Smoking Hot Peppers

I am overloaded with hot peppers this year (hot wax, jalapenos, kung poa).
I usually just string them up and hang them to dry. I thought that I could
add some flavor by smoking them first. Has anyone else done this? What
temperature and how long? Will I still be able to hang them up to dry or do
I dry them comletely now?

--
Al Reid

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:18:29 GMT, "Al Reid" >
wrote:

>I am overloaded with hot peppers this year (hot wax, jalapenos, kung poa).
>I usually just string them up and hang them to dry. I thought that I could
>add some flavor by smoking them first. Has anyone else done this? What
>temperature and how long? Will I still be able to hang them up to dry or do
>I dry them comletely now?

http://www.randyq.addr.com/chiles/chipotles.html

Al Reid

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:18:29 GMT, "Al Reid" >
> wrote:
>
>>I am overloaded with hot peppers this year (hot wax, jalapenos, kung poa).
>>I usually just string them up and hang them to dry. I thought that I
>>could
>>add some flavor by smoking them first. Has anyone else done this? What
>>temperature and how long? Will I still be able to hang them up to dry or
>>do
>>I dry them comletely now?

> http://www.randyq.addr.com/chiles/chipotles.html

Thanks, Kevin. That's exactly what I was looking for.

--
Al Reid

bk

"Al Reid" > wrote in message
> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:18:29 GMT, "Al Reid" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I am overloaded with hot peppers this year (hot wax, jalapenos, kung
>>>poa).
>>>I usually just string them up and hang them to dry. I thought that I
>>>could
>>>add some flavor by smoking them first. Has anyone else done this? What
>>>temperature and how long? Will I still be able to hang them up to dry or
>>>do
>>>I dry them comletely now?

>> http://www.randyq.addr.com/chiles/chipotles.html
>>

> Thanks, Kevin. That's exactly what I was looking for.
>
> --
> Al Reid

What a GREAT site!! Well beyond the Chile info.
My hats off to you, Randy. Thanks for your efforts - I've got a new
bookmark.

Wally Bedford

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:18:29 GMT, "Al Reid" >
reported to us:

>I am overloaded with hot peppers this year (hot wax, jalapenos, kung poa).
>I usually just string them up and hang them to dry. I thought that I could
>add some flavor by smoking them first. Has anyone else done this? What
>temperature and how long? Will I still be able to hang them up to dry or do
>I dry them comletely now?

http://www.randyq.addr.com/chiles/chipotles.html

Wally

"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
Sir Frederick G. Banting

Al Reid wrote:
> I am overloaded with hot peppers this year (hot wax, jalapenos, kung poa).
> I usually just string them up and hang them to dry. I thought that I could
> add some flavor by smoking them first. Has anyone else done this? What
> temperature and how long? Will I still be able to hang them up to dry or do
> I dry them comletely now?

Over Labor Day weekend we had a bunch of poblanos that we wrapped in
aluminum foil, 4 to a pkg. and let them steam until soft. Then we put
them on the grill over coals with hickory bark to get them smoky, cut
out the stems and finally, we returned them to the foil and put cheese
inside. A few more minutes on the grill and they were delicious.
They were bit hotter than the average poblanos, but for breakfast out
on a gravel bar, they hit the spot.

> --
> Al Reid

--Bryan

Marinated in oil, salt, chili peppers, and crushed red peppers maxine in ri General Cooking 5 13-08-2010 03:46 AM
smoking GregS Beer 21 14-05-2007 12:20 AM
Smoking Salmo Barbecue 4 13-08-2006 05:50 PM
Sub-Zero Smoking Dennis Spexet Barbecue 7 19-02-2006 03:19 AM
wok and smoking oil [email protected] General Cooking 23 25-01-2005 03:29 PM