Old 19-08-2005, 04:27 AM

ceed wrote:
Dave Bugg wrote:
Jimbo (?) wrote

Wal-Mart sells Royal Oak Lump in Destin FL.....Garden dept not food
area. and cheap $5.99 a big bag.

Hi, Jimbo. Be kind, and please don't top-post

And now my two cents on the top-posting issue:

A newsgroup is (usually) a dialog. The "dia" is important, The dia means
it's more than one, at least two, participating in a verbal or oral
exchange. So you need at least two of these events at once for it to make
any sense. Without that what you have is just a statement out of context.
This explains why top-posting is troublesome since one is left with only
the "log" in the dialog. A "log" may be good for BBQ, but not for
effective communication. For that we need the "dia" *and* the "log"

Very nicely put 'ceed'. The only place I can think of where the Answer
precedes the Question is on some Game Show, which, thankfully, I don't know
the name of.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Old 19-08-2005, 02:42 PM
LT

Wal-Mart sells Royal Oak Lump in Destin FL.....Garden dept not food

area.
and cheap $5.99 a big bag.

Are you claiming that you're paying $5.99 for *20* pounds of
Royal Oak at Wal-Mart? (The last person who claimed that turned out to
have bought RO briquets).

The RO at Wally World around here are indeed lump, but the ones I''ve seen
are 10 lb bags for $5.x, not 20 punders

Larry

Old 19-08-2005, 05:00 PM
[email protected]

LT wrote:

Wal-Mart sells Royal Oak Lump in Destin FL.....Garden dept not food

area.

and cheap $5.99 a big bag.

Are you claiming that you're paying $5.99 for *20* pounds of

Royal Oak at Wal-Mart? (The last person who claimed that turned out to
have bought RO briquets).

The RO at Wally World around here are indeed lump, but the ones I''ve seen
are 10 lb bags for $5.x, not 20 punders

I'm not questioning whether or not Wal-Mart is selling lump (in the
material you snipped from my post, I mentioned it), only that the above
poster said he was getting a "big bag" for $5.99. Since Royal Oak is
available in 10 lb. and 20 lb. bags, I really doubt he's getting 20
pounds for that price. (Maybe the 20 lb. is a "bigger bag"? g).

As for the Royal Oak lump vs. briquet confusion:

http://tinyurl.com/dvmsc

See post #1, #14 and #15.

Old 19-08-2005, 07:49 PM
LT

I'm not questioning whether or not Wal-Mart is selling lump (in the
material you snipped from my post, I mentioned it), only that the above
poster said he was getting a "big bag" for $5.99. Since Royal Oak is
available in 10 lb. and 20 lb. bags, I really doubt he's getting 20
pounds for that price. (Maybe the 20 lb. is a "bigger bag"? g).

As for the Royal Oak lump vs. briquet confusion:

I understood what you meant. Guess the snip was confusing.

Not to belabor this, but the 10 lb bag is pretty "big"... it's just not too
full.

Larry T

Old 19-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Harry Demidavicius

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:42:55 GMT, "LT" wrote:

Wal-Mart sells Royal Oak Lump in Destin FL.....Garden dept not food

area.
and cheap $5.99 a big bag.

Are you claiming that you're paying $5.99 for *20* pounds of
Royal Oak at Wal-Mart? (The last person who claimed that turned out to
have bought RO briquets).

The RO at Wally World around here are indeed lump, but the ones I''ve seen
are 10 lb bags for $5.x, not 20 punders

Larry

That is roughly half of what I pay.

Harry
Old 22-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Jimbo

The RO at Wally World around here are indeed lump, but the ones I''ve seen
are 10 lb bags for $5.x, not 20 punders

Larry

That is roughly half of what I pay.

Harry

RO Lump Sunday at Wally World was $5.27 for a 10 pound bag.
The bag looks about the same size as a 20 pound briquettes bag.

Old 22-08-2005, 08:44 PM
ldg

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:19:22 -0700, "Duwop"
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:50:20 -0500, I needed a babel fish to
understand ken ullman :

40lbs of good smokey oak lump for $13 here is California. Better'n RO for Q.

Where might that be? I'm in San Diego.

Regards,
Larry