Default North Carolina Barbecue Site

Hi All,

FYI: I started a web site that is dedicated solely to North Carolina
Barbecue - www.ncbbq.com. While the

content is kind of sparse right now (I'm getting ready to start beefing
it up), the site contains articles (how

to cook a pig, etc), NC barbecue cook-offs, restaurants, caterers,
recipes, a store, and forums where people

can ask and answer questions.

I'd be very interested in hearing your comments and feedback on how I
can make it better (and I'm looking

for contributors!). My goal is to make this the one-stop place for
anything and everything related to NC BBQ.

Please feel free to email me or reply to this post. Thanks in advance!

- Donald

Donald Williamson
www.ncbbq.com - all about North Carolina Barbecue!

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi All,
>
> FYI: I started a web site that is dedicated solely to North Carolina
> Barbecue -

Are you sure it is not dedicated to making money? I don't see a lot of
history there.

Hi Edwin,

It sure hasn't made any

When I first started the site, I wanted to have a store to help finance
the site and sell BBQ related items.

The intention of the store is to compliment the content. I currently
have 3 vendors. Don't get me wrong

because evey penny helps run the site when you're doing this on the
side. I currently don't even charge

people to run an ad.

The main focus of the site is to help promote North Carolina BBQ. Yes,
I have been in competitions and have

placed. As I posted in another group, I have been adding all the
'basics', like competitions and restaurants

and have added a couple articles and recipes. While I will continue
adding content, I'm hoping to have the

community help grow the site. As readers and contributors of the news
groups, I thought I would first solicit

and ask for your help as you are the active users that I am looking
for.

It will take some time to get the amount of content that I want and I
won't be able to do it alone (of course

I'm going to bust my butt trying). But you have to start somewhere and
any new site will not have the

content without either financial backing or help from the community. I
am talking to some reknown authors to

see if they will give me an article or two to post. Of course, anyone
is welcome to submit and it will be

appreciated!

Again, I welcome any comments, feedback, and participation.

- Donald

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message

> The main focus of the site is to help promote North Carolina BBQ. Yes,
> I have been in competitions and have
>
> placed. As I posted in another group, I have been adding all the
> 'basics', like competitions and restaurants

How about a "links" page? Maybe contact Dave Lineback for use of some of
his information
http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/lex.htm

--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Thanks for the link Ed. I'll contact Dave.

- Donald