FoodBanter.com

-   -   Where to get cast iron grill grate? (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/61346-where-get-cast-iron.html)

DjE 02-06-2005 09:54 PM

Where to get cast iron grill grate?

I want to build a brick grill/BBQ in the back yard this summer but I am
having trouble locating a source of a cast iron grate. We have a 24" x
20" with a cutout/cover for a dutch oven and the matching cast iron
griddle up at the cabin, but I would like to build a nice on at the
house too. I am looking for a 30" long x 24" wide with the cutout/cover
and a matching griddle. Any ideas on who makes these? Would like it at
least 1/2" to 9/16" thick cast iron. Google has failed me unless I want
replacement parts for my Weber and such. :)

Chef 02-06-2005 10:48 PM

Hello,

I don't where you're from, but, if I were you I would go to a Restaurant
supply vendor such as Edward Don, Hubert, Restaurant Depot, etc... Or, go to
your local restaurant that uses an open grill and ask them who they but
through. I also recommend the following site

Aztec Grill
http://www.aztecgrill.com/

Golden Embers
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...Aus/index1.htm

BBQ Source
http://bbqsource.com/

I hope this helps you,

Chef Don

Brick 03-06-2005 12:42 PM

On 2-Jun-2005, DjE <"diskman_1 atyahoodotc om"> wrote:

> I want to build a brick grill/BBQ in the back yard this summer but I am
> having trouble locating a source of a cast iron grate. We have a 24" x
> 20" with a cutout/cover for a dutch oven and the matching cast iron
> griddle up at the cabin, but I would like to build a nice on at the
> house too. I am looking for a 30" long x 24" wide with the cutout/cover
> and a matching griddle. Any ideas on who makes these? Would like it at
> least 1/2" to 9/16" thick cast iron. Google has failed me unless I want
> replacement parts for my Weber and such. :)

Try here. Google is your friend. (Searched for "Cast Iron Doors")

http://www.vestalmfg.com/building.htm
--
The BrickŪ said that ( Keep the rubber on the road )

Huck 08-06-2005 05:53 PM

DjE wrote:
> I want to build a brick grill/BBQ in the back yard this summer but I am
> having trouble locating a source of a cast iron grate. We have a 24" x
> 20" with a cutout/cover for a dutch oven and the matching cast iron
> griddle up at the cabin, but I would like to build a nice on at the
> house too. I am looking for a 30" long x 24" wide with the cutout/cover
> and a matching griddle. Any ideas on who makes these? Would like it at
> least 1/2" to 9/16" thick cast iron. Google has failed me unless I want
> replacement parts for my Weber and such. :)

Try these guys they have a huge selection of different grates plus free
shipping on orders over $20.00..

http://www.clagrills.com/