Dave Bugg

Default Need Assistance

Guys, I had a large group of Fish and Wildlife Service folks come in to the
joint today. Several of them had taken a research trip to Costa Rica
earlier in the month, traveling via American Airlines. They mentioned that
an article in the in-flight magazine ---- you know the one that is stuffed
behind the seats that all the airlines carry --- mentioned our restaurant as
being in the top 10 of BBQ joints in the US. Now, these kind of articles
are full of one author's subjective opinion, and I doubt if he's eaten at
every 'q joint -- or even 1/10th of them --- but it's kind of neat to see
one's business referred to in print.

I don't doubt their word about the article, but I need to read the article
to personally verify what it says. I need to locate the magazine, or get a
copy of said article. I've just started the search, and will be checking
with the major airlines to see who publishes the darn thing, but if any of
you can help track it down, I'd appreciate it.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Thomas Cormen

"Dave Bugg" > writes:

> Guys, I had a large group of Fish and Wildlife Service folks come in
> to the joint today. Several of them had taken a research trip to
> Costa Rica earlier in the month, traveling via American Airlines.
> They mentioned that an article in the in-flight magazine ---- you
> know the one that is stuffed behind the seats that all the airlines
> carry --- mentioned our restaurant as being in the top 10 of BBQ
> joints in the US. Now, these kind of articles are full of one
> author's subjective opinion, and I doubt if he's eaten at every 'q
> joint -- or even 1/10th of them --- but it's kind of neat to see
> one's business referred to in print.

Wow, Dave, that's terrific publicity! Sorry I can't get you the
article. I never fly on American, especially since they canceled a
flight on me and screwed me out of my big chance to get to Kreuz
Market.

Let's think for a minute here. You've got publicity, you're coming to
NH in 2006...how can you NOT be making a run for the White House??
Besides, running a Q restaurant is at least as good preparation as
being an actor or governor of Texas.

--THC

Tom Cormen Voice: (603) 646-2417
Professor of Computer Science Fax: (603) 646-1672
Director, Writing Program Email:
Dartmouth College URL:
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~thc/
6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
Hanover, NH 03755-3510
Reg

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Guys, I had a large group of Fish and Wildlife Service folks come in to the
> joint today. Several of them had taken a research trip to Costa Rica
> earlier in the month, traveling via American Airlines. They mentioned that
> an article in the in-flight magazine ---- you know the one that is stuffed
> behind the seats that all the airlines carry --- mentioned our restaurant as
> being in the top 10 of BBQ joints in the US. Now, these kind of articles
> are full of one author's subjective opinion, and I doubt if he's eaten at
> every 'q joint -- or even 1/10th of them --- but it's kind of neat to see
> one's business referred to in print.
>
> I don't doubt their word about the article, but I need to read the article
> to personally verify what it says. I need to locate the magazine, or get a
> copy of said article. I've just started the search, and will be checking
> with the major airlines to see who publishes the darn thing, but if any of
> you can help track it down, I'd appreciate it.

I believe it's American Way Magazine. I think you can order back issues.

http://americanwaymag.com/aw/

Chef Juke

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:08:15 GMT, Reg > wrote:

>Dave Bugg wrote:
>
>> Guys, I had a large group of Fish and Wildlife Service folks come in to the
>> joint today. Several of them had taken a research trip to Costa Rica
>> earlier in the month, traveling via American Airlines. They mentioned that
>> an article in the in-flight magazine ---- you know the one that is stuffed
>> behind the seats that all the airlines carry --- mentioned our restaurant as
>> being in the top 10 of BBQ joints in the US. Now, these kind of articles
>> are full of one author's subjective opinion, and I doubt if he's eaten at
>> every 'q joint -- or even 1/10th of them --- but it's kind of neat to see
>> one's business referred to in print.
>>
>> I don't doubt their word about the article, but I need to read the article
>> to personally verify what it says. I need to locate the magazine, or get a
>> copy of said article. I've just started the search, and will be checking
>> with the major airlines to see who publishes the darn thing, but if any of
>> you can help track it down, I'd appreciate it.
>>

>I believe it's American Way Magazine. I think you can order back issues.
>
>http://americanwaymag.com/aw/

Dave,

I'm in Charlotte, NC right now and will be flying back to Eugene on
Sunday(from Jacksonville). Since I'll have to set foot in 3 airports
on the way home I will try to track down a copy of said magazine (even
though I'm not travelling on American...)

-Chef Juke
"Everybody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

Dave Bugg

Chef Juke wrote:

> I'm in Charlotte, NC right now and will be flying back to Eugene on
> Sunday(from Jacksonville). Since I'll have to set foot in 3 airports
> on the way home I will try to track down a copy of said magazine (even
> though I'm not travelling on American...)

Thanks, Pat, I appreciate your checking on it for me.

Reg, I checked the existing archives and didn't see the article, but they
didn't have the last edition online yet. Thanks for the link
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

kilikini

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Guys, I had a large group of Fish and Wildlife Service folks come in
> to the joint today. Several of them had taken a research trip to
> Costa Rica earlier in the month, traveling via American Airlines.
> They mentioned that an article in the in-flight magazine ---- you
> know the one that is stuffed behind the seats that all the airlines
> carry --- mentioned our restaurant as being in the top 10 of BBQ
> joints in the US. Now, these kind of articles are full of one
> author's subjective opinion, and I doubt if he's eaten at every 'q
> joint -- or even 1/10th of them --- but it's kind of neat to see
> one's business referred to in print.
>
> I don't doubt their word about the article, but I need to read the
> article to personally verify what it says. I need to locate the
> magazine, or get a copy of said article. I've just started the
> search, and will be checking with the major airlines to see who
> publishes the darn thing, but if any of you can help track it down,
> I'd appreciate it.

Dave, this is amazing news! Wow, I know a celebrity and I got married in
his Q joint! Congratulations!

kili

rob

Dave,
I always fly American. I've asked some folks at AA's base in DFW to get me
a couple of copies for you.
Regards
Rob
"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Guys, I had a large group of Fish and Wildlife Service folks come in to

the
> joint today. Several of them had taken a research trip to Costa Rica
> earlier in the month, traveling via American Airlines. They mentioned

that
> an article in the in-flight magazine ---- you know the one that is stuffed
> behind the seats that all the airlines carry --- mentioned our restaurant

as
> being in the top 10 of BBQ joints in the US. Now, these kind of articles
> are full of one author's subjective opinion, and I doubt if he's eaten at
> every 'q joint -- or even 1/10th of them --- but it's kind of neat to see
> one's business referred to in print.
>
> I don't doubt their word about the article, but I need to read the article
> to personally verify what it says. I need to locate the magazine, or get

> copy of said article. I've just started the search, and will be checking
> with the major airlines to see who publishes the darn thing, but if any of
> you can help track it down, I'd appreciate it.
>
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Dave Bugg

kilikini wrote:

> Dave, this is amazing news! Wow, I know a celebrity and I got
> married in his Q joint! Congratulations!

Thanks, Kili, but I've still got to track the article down. By the way,
where are you and Alan going for your first anniversary? Maybe we need to
plan for the Second Annual International AFB Get-Together.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Big Jim

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
>
>> Dave, this is amazing news! Wow, I know a celebrity and I got
>> married in his Q joint! Congratulations!

> Thanks, Kili, but I've still got to track the article down. By the way,
> where are you and Alan going for your first anniversary? Maybe we need to
> plan for the Second Annual International AFB Get-Together.
>
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Sounds like a plan tome.
Congratulations D. BUGG
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Reg

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Thanks, Pat, I appreciate your checking on it for me.
>
> Reg, I checked the existing archives and didn't see the article, but they
> didn't have the last edition online yet. Thanks for the link

Another thing you might try is emailing them at
Congrats on the writeup. Nice to see the good guys win for once.

Dimitri

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Guys, I had a large group of Fish and Wildlife Service folks come in to the
> joint today. Several of them had taken a research trip to Costa Rica earlier
> in the month, traveling via American Airlines. They mentioned that an article
> in the in-flight magazine ---- you know the one that is stuffed behind the
> seats that all the airlines carry --- mentioned our restaurant as being in the
> top 10 of BBQ joints in the US. Now, these kind of articles are full of one
> author's subjective opinion, and I doubt if he's eaten at every 'q joint -- or
> even 1/10th of them --- but it's kind of neat to see one's business referred
> to in print.
>
> I don't doubt their word about the article, but I need to read the article to
> personally verify what it says. I need to locate the magazine, or get a copy
> of said article. I've just started the search, and will be checking with the
> major airlines to see who publishes the darn thing, but if any of you can help
> track it down, I'd appreciate it.
>
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

On the web at:

http://www.americanwaymag.com/

Dimitri

Steve Calvin

>>an article in the in-flight magazine ---- you know the one that is stuffed
>>behind the seats that all the airlines carry --- mentioned our restaurant

> as
>
>>being in the top 10 of BBQ joints in the US. Now, these kind of articles

<snip>
>>--
>>Dave
>>Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
>>http://davebbq.com/

Congratulations Dave! Must be some goooooooood stuff. To bad you aren't
into mail order. <g>

--
Steve
kilikini

Dave Bugg wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>
>> Dave, this is amazing news! Wow, I know a celebrity and I got
>> married in his Q joint! Congratulations!

> Thanks, Kili, but I've still got to track the article down. By the
> way, where are you and Alan going for your first anniversary? Maybe
> we need to plan for the Second Annual International AFB Get-Together.

I'm up for that! LOL. I dunno what we're doing for our first anniversary,
but it would be fitting to spend it together, wouldn't it?

kili

BOB

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> Dave Bugg wrote:
>> kilikini wrote:
>>
>>> Dave, this is amazing news! Wow, I know a celebrity and I got
>>> married in his Q joint! Congratulations!

>> Thanks, Kili, but I've still got to track the article down. By the
>> way, where are you and Alan going for your first anniversary?
>> Maybe
>> we need to plan for the Second Annual International AFB
>> Get-Together.

> I'm up for that! LOL. I dunno what we're doing for our first
> anniversary,
> but it would be fitting to spend it together, wouldn't it?
>
> kili

LOL, and you *might* get to eat some "Bugg-Q" too.

BOB

BOB

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> Guys, I had a large group of Fish and Wildlife Service folks come in
> to the
> joint today. Several of them had taken a research trip to Costa
> Rica
> earlier in the month, traveling via American Airlines. They
> mentioned that
> an article in the in-flight magazine ---- you know the one that is
> stuffed
> behind the seats that all the airlines carry --- mentioned our
> restaurant as
> being in the top 10 of BBQ joints in the US. Now, these kind of
> articles
> are full of one author's subjective opinion, and I doubt if he's
> eaten at
> every 'q joint -- or even 1/10th of them --- but it's kind of neat
> to see
> one's business referred to in print.
>
> I don't doubt their word about the article, but I need to read the
> article
> to personally verify what it says. I need to locate the magazine,
> or get a
> copy of said article. I've just started the search, and will be
> checking
> with the major airlines to see who publishes the darn thing, but if
> any of
> you can help track it down, I'd appreciate it.
>
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Congratulations, Dave. I know that when you track down the article,
you *will* share it with us. We all nee to read it, too.

BOB

Dave -

I'm flying American tonight out of Atlanta. I'll check on the mag and
also do some web searching as well.

Keep Qing....

Trey
www.outdoorculinary.com

Dave -

I'm flying American tonight out of Atlanta. I'll check on the mag and
also do some web searching as well.

Keep Qing....

Trey
www.outdoorculinary.com

Attention: I need your urgent assistance. Charles Pearson General Cooking 4 01-07-2010 06:39 PM
Need negro assistance Guillaume Ier de Normandie[_2_] General Cooking 0 20-02-2009 08:07 PM
Free Prescription Assistance ta5e8yl7 Preserving 0 22-12-2007 10:06 PM
Free Rx Assistance t5oml3qe Baking 0 14-11-2007 05:17 PM
Kiosk Coffee assistance......... Rivera's Coffee 0 25-02-2004 08:58 PM