Chef Juke

Default Quick Question: Lexinton, NC...Stamey's or Jimmy's?

Okay,

So I'm flying in to Charlotte on Biz for 3 days starting tomorrow.

Gonna take my colleague Matt with me up toward Lexington tomorrow
night to get some 'Cue. I've had a taste at LEXINGTON BARBECUE,
SPEEDY'S, THE BARBECUE CENTER and JIMMY'S on previous trips.

Was thinking of either trying Stamey's or going to Jimmy's for dinner
tomorrow night.

What do ya think?

Also, If I go for Stamey's, which one? Tyro or Lexington?

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
Ol'Hippie

Do them both Chef.

Chef Juke wrote:
> Okay,
>
> So I'm flying in to Charlotte on Biz for 3 days starting tomorrow.
>
> Gonna take my colleague Matt with me up toward Lexington tomorrow
> night to get some 'Cue. I've had a taste at LEXINGTON BARBECUE,
> SPEEDY'S, THE BARBECUE CENTER and JIMMY'S on previous trips.
>
> Was thinking of either trying Stamey's or going to Jimmy's for dinner
> tomorrow night.
>
> What do ya think?
>
> Also, If I go for Stamey's, which one? Tyro or Lexington?
>

> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

Thomas Cormen

I'd vote for Jimmy's, CJ. I'm always happy to point folks to my BBQ
tour web site,
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~thc/bbqtour/lexington.html.

I rated Jimmy's #1 and Stamey's #2 of the Lexington Six-Pack.

Two disclaimers:
1. This tour was in 1998. Things may have changed since then.
2. I have read (don't remember where) that Jimmy's is now using gas
smokers, with just a little burning wood added for smoke flavor.
For all I know, Jimmy was already doing that when I was there in
1998.

OK, a third disclaimer:
3. If you read the reviews of the Lex 6-Pack, you'll see that my
wife didn't like Stamey's as much as I did, and she rated Honey
Monk's #2.

No matter where you go in Lexington, color me jealous, here in the
land of no Q joints.

Hey, Bugg, ya wanna ship me some brisket?

--THC

Tom Cormen Voice: (603) 646-2417
Professor of Computer Science Fax: (603) 646-1672
Director, Writing Program Email:
Dartmouth College URL:
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~thc/
6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
Hanover, NH 03755-3510
Chef Juke

On 25 Apr 2005 20:58:00 -0400, Thomas Cormen
> wrote:

>I'd vote for Jimmy's, CJ. I'm always happy to point folks to my BBQ
>tour web site,
>http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~thc/bbqtour/lexington.html.
>
>I rated Jimmy's #1 and Stamey's #2 of the Lexington Six-Pack.
>
>Two disclaimers:
>1. This tour was in 1998. Things may have changed since then.
>2. I have read (don't remember where) that Jimmy's is now using gas
> smokers, with just a little burning wood added for smoke flavor.
> For all I know, Jimmy was already doing that when I was there in
> 1998.
>
>OK, a third disclaimer:
>3. If you read the reviews of the Lex 6-Pack, you'll see that my
> wife didn't like Stamey's as much as I did, and she rated Honey
> Monk's #2.
>
>No matter where you go in Lexington, color me jealous, here in the
>land of no Q joints.
>
>Hey, Bugg, ya wanna ship me some brisket?
>
>--THC

>Tom Cormen Voice: (603) 646-2417
>Professor of Computer Science Fax: (603) 646-1672
>Director, Writing Program Email:
>Dartmouth College URL:
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~thc/
>6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
>Hanover, NH 03755-3510

Tom,

Oh, don't worry, ever since my last trip when I forgot to re-read your
tour notes before going....

I always ask just before going somewhere just to make sure that if
there are other opinions I didn't get the last time around that I hear
them. Probably gonna head for Jimmy's. Last time I was through I
just got some hush puppies and some sauce to take home...this time
we're gonna sit down and eat.

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Dave Bugg

Thomas Cormen wrote:

> Hey, Bugg, ya wanna ship me some brisket?

I'll bring ya 20 pounds or so when I visit New Hampshire next year.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Thomas Cormen

"Dave Bugg" > writes:

> I'll bring ya 20 pounds or so when I visit New Hampshire next year.

Hmmm...visiting NH in 2006...could there be a Presidential campaign in
Dave's future??