Bubba

Default Sounds bad, tastes good.

Was feeling experimental this weekend. Probably re-invented the wheel
but....
Cola-Mustard marinade/mop/sauce.
Reduced 2 liters of Coke to about 1.5 cups along with some onion, dried
red pepper flakes, and garlic.
Strained and mixed with same amount of prepared yellow mustard and 1 can
of chapotle in adobe sauce. (pureed)
Marinated some baby backs approx. 18 hours then used the rest as a mop.
My wife gives if an 9 of 10 on the smacky scale....I'd say 6...bit too
sweet for me.
Worth playing with.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?

Dave Bugg

Bubba wrote:

> Worth playing with.

I congratulate your inventive streak. I just pray you never get your hands
on some nitroglycerin. :-)
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Bubba

Dave Bugg wrote:

>Bubba wrote:
>

>>Worth playing with.
>>

>I congratulate your inventive streak. I just pray you never get your hands
>on some nitroglycerin. :-)

Got any??? ;-)

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?

phyteach

Bubba,

I did almost the same thing this weekend. See the post titled
"this is what happens when I get bored..." Basically, I used ginger ale
instead of cola, horseradish mustard, honey and crushed red pepper
flakes. It was yummy!

BOB

"Bubba" > wrote in message

> Was feeling experimental this weekend. Probably re-invented the
> wheel
> but....
> Cola-Mustard marinade/mop/sauce.
> Reduced 2 liters of Coke to about 1.5 cups along with some onion,
> dried
> red pepper flakes, and garlic.
> Strained and mixed with same amount of prepared yellow mustard and 1
> can
> of chapotle in adobe sauce. (pureed)
> Marinated some baby backs approx. 18 hours then used the rest as a
> mop.
> My wife gives if an 9 of 10 on the smacky scale....I'd say 6...bit
> too
> sweet for me.
> Worth playing with.
>
> Bubba

Don't you like the taste of baby back ribs?

BOB

Bubba

BOB wrote:

>"Bubba" > wrote in message
et

>>Was feeling experimental this weekend. Probably re-invented the
>>wheel
>>but....
>>Cola-Mustard marinade/mop/sauce.
>>Reduced 2 liters of Coke to about 1.5 cups along with some onion,
>>dried
>>red pepper flakes, and garlic.
>>Strained and mixed with same amount of prepared yellow mustard and 1
>>can
>>of chapotle in adobe sauce. (pureed)
>>Marinated some baby backs approx. 18 hours then used the rest as a
>>mop.
>>My wife gives if an 9 of 10 on the smacky scale....I'd say 6...bit
>>too
>>sweet for me.
>>Worth playing with.
>>
>>Bubba
>>

>Don't you like the taste of baby back ribs?
>
>BOB

Of course....I often eat them boiled so I get the pure unadulterated
taste....no char, no smoke, no salt...nothing. Yum!!! ;-)

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?

phyteach

Oh dear Lord, you're kidding about the boiling, right? ;-)

BOB

"phyteach" > wrote in message
oups.com
> Oh dear Lord, you're kidding about the boiling, right? ;-)

Probably no more than that other concoction that would surely cover
any tast that the meat had originally.

BOB

Bubba

phyteach wrote:

>Oh dear Lord, you're kidding about the boiling, right? ;-)

A bit. I guess hyperbole's hard to bring off, sometimes. Just get
tired of thoughtless responses that are little more than knee-jerk
clichés. The whole argument of unadulterated vs. enhanced has been
going on since the first "meat cooker" got bitched out by a "raw eater"
for ruining a good piece of meat.
You a physics teacher? Bet that would bring some great insights into
the kitchen.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?

cl

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Bubba wrote:
>
> > Worth playing with.

> I congratulate your inventive streak. I just pray you never get your hands
> on some nitroglycerin. :-)

No fear, that is a hands-off event.

-CAL

cl

phyteach wrote:

> Oh dear Lord, you're kidding about the boiling, right? ;-)

Boiing ribs is fine. It just ain't barbecuing.

-CAL
cl

BOB wrote:

> "phyteach" > wrote in message
> oups.com
> > Oh dear Lord, you're kidding about the boiling, right? ;-)

> Probably no more than that other concoction that would surely cover
> any tast that the meat had originally.
>
> BOB

Like smoke and rub?

-CAL
Bubba

cl wrote:

>phyteach wrote:
>

>>Oh dear Lord, you're kidding about the boiling, right? ;-)
>>

>Boiing ribs is fine. It just ain't barbecuing.
>
>-CAL

Actually I did boil some ribs once. Was wanting pork stock for some
reason and found some way cheap ribs in the used meat section of the
supermart. The dog got the ribs but I do remember it made some killer
stock!

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?

phyteach

I'm trained as a physics teacher, but I am working as an electrical
engineer. I think that's why I try random stuff to see how it works.
WRT boiling, I have an Italian friend who puts a few ribs in the sauce
while it's cooking down, and it never occured to her to actually eat
the ribs. They just threw 'em away until they saw how much I enjoyed
eating them. What exactly is the "used meat section" of the grocery
store? I've only ever gotten one use out of my meat purchases.

Scott

Bubba

grythe wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:47:23 -0400, Bubba
> wrote:
>

>>Actually I did boil some ribs once. Was wanting pork stock for some
>>reason and found some way cheap ribs in the used meat section of the
>>supermart. The dog got the ribs but I do remember it made some killer
>>stock!
>>

>*Used Meat section* !!!!!
>
>What the hell is ..... *used meat* ????

Guess it's a bit like "day old bread". The local W/D puts the meats
that will expire that day in one section and steeply cuts the prices.
Since I'm in the habit of calling leftovers "used" (as in...I've got
some used peas in the frige) this section became the "used meat" section.
Sorry about the confusion...some have accused me of being a half bubble
shy of plumb.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?

Edwin Pawlowski

<grythe> wrote in message ...

> *Used Meat section* !!!!!
>
> What the hell is ..... *used meat* ????
>
> --
> grythe

Most stores have a "used foods" section. It is the stuff marked down for a
quick sale because of the expiration date. Good bargains can be had.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

sounds good babygirl General Cooking 2 01-09-2011 01:49 PM
What are some ways to cook food so it tastes good and is good for you ? wingmark General Cooking 12 14-07-2011 07:32 PM
does anyone know if this tastes as good as it looks? sf[_3_] General Cooking 4 17-04-2008 02:38 PM
Nothing tastes good The Bubbo General Cooking 5 01-12-2005 01:37 AM