debi

Default weber cooking kettle junior cast iron vintage

i had this amazing old cast iron grill, sorta looked like a dutch oven
on a stand, i think it was from the 1940s or 1950s, i loved it and
wondered if anything similar is available today

my !@##$ boyfriend let it rust away
BOB

debi wrote:
> i had this amazing old cast iron grill, sorta looked like a dutch
> oven
> on a stand, i think it was from the 1940s or 1950s, i loved it and
> wondered if anything similar is available today

Weber makes a kettle. It's a good little (not really that small)
grill, but I don't think it's cast iron. They seem to last almost
forever.

> my !@##$ boyfriend let it rust away

Get a new boyfriend...where do you live?
;-)

BOB

BOB

debi wrote:
> i had this amazing old cast iron grill, sorta looked like a dutch
> oven
> on a stand, i think it was from the 1940s or 1950s, i loved it and
> wondered if anything similar is available today

Weber makes a kettle. It's a good little (not really that small)
grill, but I don't think it's cast iron. They seem to last almost
forever.

> my !@##$ boyfriend let it rust away

Get a new boyfriend...where do you live?
;-)

BOB

Christine Allison

This sounds like a cast iron Hibachi. Lodge makes an excellent one. About
$90.

Richard Smith

"debi" > wrote in message
news
> i had this amazing old cast iron grill, sorta looked like a dutch oven
> on a stand, i think it was from the 1940s or 1950s, i loved it and
> wondered if anything similar is available today
>
> my !@##$ boyfriend let it rust away

Christine Allison

This sounds like a cast iron Hibachi. Lodge makes an excellent one. About
$90.

Richard Smith

news

In alt.food.barbecue, Christine Allison > wrote:
> This sounds like a cast iron Hibachi. Lodge makes an excellent one. About
> $90.

Here's the Lodge at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...331971-1619369

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,
debi

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:48:33 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...331971-1619369

thanks all, but no, it isn't a hibachi, it was round of heavy cast
iron almost like a dutchoven with a rounded bottom and the bottom of
the pot sat about 2 feet off the ground in a stand..the lid was flat
and exactly like the lid of a castiron pot and the pot had ridges a
little way down and a cast iron grid sat on that..........
i am almost sure it was a weber cooking kettle junior

thanks for all the help......it was just a hope...i bet all of them
are long since rusted away.

oh, and i did get a new boyfriend and got him a grill and he cooks
almost everynight....which is why i am lurking here to get tips!!

Cast Iron Kettle Mike Petro Tea 7 09-12-2008 05:39 PM
cast iron grate for a weber kettle Terry Caton Barbecue 4 11-06-2008 04:42 AM
cast iron grate for a weber kettle Terry Caton Barbecue 7 18-05-2008 03:59 AM
How to start Weber kettle for MEDIUM direct cooking? Hugh Verdam Barbecue 9 01-08-2006 12:49 AM
Cast iron grates for Weber on sale Michael Barbecue 2 03-09-2004 07:54 PM