Chef Juke

Default Got a new Toy, but can't use it yet....

So, my new Kamado (a #9) arrived this last week. Actually on schedule
(Okay, it was exactly one week later than the original estimate, but
given the history, this is pretty damned good for the Kamado folks).

Unfortunately, the timing ended up being kind of a pain. We're moving
to our new house TODAY, and even though it is only 6 blocks away, I
didn't want to have the K delivered here to my OLD house and then have
to move it to the new one. So I had it delivered to my friend's
business where they have room to hold it in their warehouse.

Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
enough.

Anyway, as soon as I get it set up and broken in, I'll give you guys a
report..

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

JakBQuik

"Chef Juke" wrote in message
> So, my new Kamado (a #9) arrived this last week.

Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
> moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
> enough.

I hired a moving outfit specializing in moving pianos, Jukemeister. They
brought this behemoth of a linebacker called "Big Will" who moved my K #7
like a toothpick, up some steps and out onto our deck. I made a deal for a
low visit charge but with a great tip for both the stevedores.

Can't wait to hear of your new cooking exploits.

Congrats on your new house and Kamado #9!

John in Austin

Piedmont

Chef Juke wrote:
> So, my new Kamado (a #9) arrived this last week. Actually on schedule
> (Okay, it was exactly one week later than the original estimate, but
> given the history, this is pretty damned good for the Kamado folks).
>
> Unfortunately, the timing ended up being kind of a pain. We're moving
> to our new house TODAY, and even though it is only 6 blocks away, I
> didn't want to have the K delivered here to my OLD house and then have
> to move it to the new one. So I had it delivered to my friend's
> business where they have room to hold it in their warehouse.
>
> Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
> moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
> enough.
>
> Anyway, as soon as I get it set up and broken in, I'll give you guys a
> report..
>

> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
> www.chefjuke.com

CJ,

These clay pots need to be handled just like a big Harley, if you can't
pick it back up after laying it down, you've gotten something too big to
handle! (grin)

--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Please visit my MSN Group: "The Practical Bar B Q'r", A great barbecue
resource; Filled with links and down-loadable documents on building or
buying a cooker, recipes, and links to other great bbq sites. Free
membership to all!

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Matthew L. Martin

Chef Juke wrote:

> Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
> moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
> enough.

This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:

<http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Matthew L. Martin

Chef Juke wrote:

> Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
> moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
> enough.

This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:

<http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

f/256

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> Chef Juke wrote:
> >
> > Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
> > moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
> > enough.
> >

> This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>
> <http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>

What did you end up doing for your "K9 issues"?

Matthew L. Martin

f/256 wrote:
> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
>
>>Chef Juke wrote:
>>
>>>Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
>>>moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
>>>enough.
>>>

>>This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>>
>><http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>

> What did you end up doing for your "K9 issues"?

I tried dealing with Richard privately. There hasn't been any response
since the first time he called. I've joined a thread on the Kamado forum
started by someone with similar cooker problems. I think my gas option
problem is probably unique.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Chef Juke

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 07:46:41 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>Chef Juke wrote:
>>
>> Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
>> moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
>> enough.
>>

>This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>
><http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>
>
>Matthew

Dang. If I only had a John Deere tractor with a pallet fork
attachment!

Oh, and a wide enough pathway around the side of the house to drive
the tractor.

I haven't had a chance to check the K9 for damage as it's in the back
of a friend's warehouse, but I'll probably have enough of our stuff
unpacked and out of the way to be ready to have him bring it over this
week and will check it out thoroughly when it arrives.

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Chef Juke

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 07:46:41 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>Chef Juke wrote:
>>
>> Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
>> moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
>> enough.
>>

>This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>
><http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>
>
>Matthew

Dang. If I only had a John Deere tractor with a pallet fork
attachment!

Oh, and a wide enough pathway around the side of the house to drive
the tractor.

I haven't had a chance to check the K9 for damage as it's in the back
of a friend's warehouse, but I'll probably have enough of our stuff
unpacked and out of the way to be ready to have him bring it over this
week and will check it out thoroughly when it arrives.

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Matthew L. Martin

f/256 wrote:
> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
>
>>Chef Juke wrote:
>>
>>>Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
>>>moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
>>>enough.
>>>

>>This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>>
>><http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>

> What did you end up doing for your "K9 issues"?

I have been told by Richard that I will be getting a replacement K9.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

Matthew L. Martin

f/256 wrote:
> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
>
>>Chef Juke wrote:
>>
>>>Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
>>>moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
>>>enough.
>>>

>>This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>>
>><http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>

> What did you end up doing for your "K9 issues"?

I have been told by Richard that I will be getting a replacement K9.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
F.G. Whitfurrows

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> f/256 wrote:

>>> This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>>>
>>> <http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>

>> What did you end up doing for your "K9 issues"?
>>

> I have been told by Richard that I will be getting a replacement K9.

Which is a very cool deal. Good for them *and* good for you.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

F.G. Whitfurrows

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> f/256 wrote:

>>> This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>>>
>>> <http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>

>> What did you end up doing for your "K9 issues"?
>>

> I have been told by Richard that I will be getting a replacement K9.

Which is a very cool deal. Good for them *and* good for you.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Matthew L. Martin

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Matthew L. Martin wrote:
>
>>f/256 wrote:

>>>What did you end up doing for your "K9 issues"?
>>>

>>I have been told by Richard that I will be getting a replacement K9.
>>

> Which is a very cool deal. Good for them *and* good for you.

The situation is made all the more tolerable by the fact that I have a
K7 that is in perfect working order.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Chef Juke

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 08:09:55 -0700, Chef Juke >
wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 07:46:41 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:
>
>>Chef Juke wrote:
>>>
>>> Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
>>> moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
>>> enough.
>>>

>>This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>>
>><http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>
>>
>>Matthew

>Dang. If I only had a John Deere tractor with a pallet fork
>attachment!
>
>Oh, and a wide enough pathway around the side of the house to drive
>the tractor.
>
>I haven't had a chance to check the K9 for damage as it's in the back
>of a friend's warehouse, but I'll probably have enough of our stuff
>unpacked and out of the way to be ready to have him bring it over this
>week and will check it out thoroughly when it arrives.
>
>-Chef Juke
>"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
>www.chefjuke.com

Well I've gotten the K9 uncrated and all is well. All of the bolts
are where they should be and the lid seals and opens perfectly (albeit
needing a tad more arm strength on the lift, but after I adjust the
springs a bit I think all will be well.

I also unpacked the K1 I got for my daughter and we fired it up last
night to break it in. Cute little thing (the K1...well okay, my
daughter is cute too).

Sofiajust fired it up by herself for the first time and is going to
grill some bratwurst for our dinner as her first grilled meal....

Meanwhile, the K9 is still in the garage until I work out the
logistics to get it into the backyard. The side yard is still a swamp
and I have bad visions of what would happen if I tried to roll it
around that way...the visions are strangely reminiscent of the final
scene of the original Planet of the Apes with me being Charlton Heston
looking at a half submerged K9 and screaming "You Maniacs! You sank it
all to H*ll!!!"

;-)

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Chef Juke

wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 07:46:41 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:
>
>>Chef Juke wrote:
>>>
>>> Man this sucker's big! Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna get that puppy
>>> moved into the backyard...not sure the gate in the fence is wide
>>> enough.
>>>

>>This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>>
>><http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>
>>
>>Matthew

>Dang. If I only had a John Deere tractor with a pallet fork
>attachment!
>
>Oh, and a wide enough pathway around the side of the house to drive
>the tractor.
>
>I haven't had a chance to check the K9 for damage as it's in the back
>of a friend's warehouse, but I'll probably have enough of our stuff
>unpacked and out of the way to be ready to have him bring it over this
>week and will check it out thoroughly when it arrives.
>
>-Chef Juke
>"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
>www.chefjuke.com

Well I've gotten the K9 uncrated and all is well. All of the bolts
are where they should be and the lid seals and opens perfectly (albeit
needing a tad more arm strength on the lift, but after I adjust the
springs a bit I think all will be well.

I also unpacked the K1 I got for my daughter and we fired it up last
night to break it in. Cute little thing (the K1...well okay, my
daughter is cute too).

Sofiajust fired it up by herself for the first time and is going to
grill some bratwurst for our dinner as her first grilled meal....

Meanwhile, the K9 is still in the garage until I work out the
logistics to get it into the backyard. The side yard is still a swamp
and I have bad visions of what would happen if I tried to roll it
around that way...the visions are strangely reminiscent of the final
scene of the original Planet of the Apes with me being Charlton Heston
looking at a half submerged K9 and screaming "You Maniacs! You sank it
all to H*ll!!!"

;-)

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Harry Demidavicius

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:39:49 -0700, Chef Juke >
wrote:

>On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 08:09:55 -0700, Chef Juke >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 07:46:41 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>>>This is what I did to get my K7 and K9 onto the backyard patio:
>>>
>>><http://www.mlmartin.com/albums/Kamadodeliveryandsetup/index.htm>
>>>
>>>Matthew

snippage occurred here.

>Meanwhile, the K9 is still in the garage until I work out the
>logistics to get it into the backyard. The side yard is still a swamp
>and I have bad visions of what would happen if I tried to roll it
>around that way...the visions are strangely reminiscent of the final
>scene of the original Planet of the Apes with me being Charlton Heston
>looking at a half submerged K9 and screaming "You Maniacs! You sank it
>all to H*ll!!!"
>
>;-)
>

>-Chef Juke
>"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
>www.chefjuke.com

Juke - buy yourself 2 5/8" sheets of ply and leapfrog them ahead of
the 9. Rolling that thing over naked grass is courting disaster.

Suggestion #2 Hire a moving crew and let them sort it out.

Harry