Default OT Living Will

Living Will

I, _________________________ (fill in the blank), being of sound mind and
body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means. Under
no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of peckerwood
politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended
on it.

If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to sit up and ask for a
cold beer, it should be presumed that I won't ever get better. When such a
determination is reached, I hereby instruct my spouse, children and
attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes and call it a day.

Under no circumstances shall the members of the Legislature enact a special
law to keep me on life-support machinery. It is my wish that these
boneheads mind their own damn business, and pay attention instead to the
health, education and future of the millions of Americans who aren't in a
permanent coma.

Under no circumstances shall any politicians butt into this case I don't
care how many fundamentalist votes they're trying to scrounge for their run
for the presidency in 2008, it is my wish that they play politics with
someone else's life and leave me alone to die in peace.

I couldn't care less if a hundred religious zealots send e-mails to
legislators in which they pretend to care about me. I don't know these
people, and I certainly haven't authorized them to preach and crusade on my
behalf. They should mind their own business, too.

If any of my family goes against my wishes and turns my case into a
political cause, I hereby promise to come back from the grave and make his
or her existence a living hell.

OB If I'm BBQ'd, save the toughest pieces for my in-laws!

--
Nick. To send your support to Any of Our Troops in Harm's Way, go to:
http://anysoldier.com/

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message

> Living Will
>
> I, _________________________ (fill in the blank), being of sound mind and
> body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means. Under
> no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of peckerwood
> politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended
> on it.
>
> If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to sit up and ask for a
> cold beer, it should be presumed that I won't ever get better. When such
> determination is reached, I hereby instruct my spouse, children and
> attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes and call it a
> day.

This makes a lot of sense. Think I'll print it out and sign it.

phyteach

> Living Will
>
> I, _________________________ (fill in the blank), being of sound mind

and
> body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means.

Under
> no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of peckerwood
> politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives

depended
> on it.
>
> If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to sit up and ask

for a
> cold beer, it should be presumed that I won't ever get better. When

such a
> determination is reached, I hereby instruct my spouse, children and
> attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes and call it

a day.

> Under no circumstances shall the members of the Legislature enact a

special
> law to keep me on life-support machinery. It is my wish that these
> boneheads mind their own damn business, and pay attention instead to

the
> health, education and future of the millions of Americans who aren't

in a
> permanent coma.
>
> Under no circumstances shall any politicians butt into this case I

don't
> care how many fundamentalist votes they're trying to scrounge for

their run
> for the presidency in 2008, it is my wish that they play politics

with
> someone else's life and leave me alone to die in peace.
>
> I couldn't care less if a hundred religious zealots send e-mails to
> legislators in which they pretend to care about me. I don't know

these
> people, and I certainly haven't authorized them to preach and crusade

on my
> behalf. They should mind their own business, too.
>
> If any of my family goes against my wishes and turns my case into a
> political cause, I hereby promise to come back from the grave and

make his
> or her existence a living hell.
>
> OB If I'm BBQ'd, save the toughest pieces for my in-laws!
>
> --
> Nick. To send your support to Any of Our Troops in Harm's Way, go to:

http://anysoldier.com/

> Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten. Thanks

! ! !

Full Disclosu Emotional issue and (somewhat) intoxicated replier

It is never ok to starve a person to death.

If you are in a condition like Ms. Schiavo, and you want to go, you
should be given morphine in a lethal dose and be sent on your way. You
should not suffer throught two weeks of hell. I do agree, and I would
not want to live like Terry, but that is not for the courts to decide.

This whole situation really bothers me primarily because the same
person that insists she wouldn't want to live this way is also the same
person that would be3 A #1 suspect if she turned up murdered.

I find it ironic that the same folks that say "ahhh **** it, she should
ide becuase her quality of life is not worth it" freak out at putting
womens underwear on the heads of guys that would gladly die to kill a
few American/Christian/Jewish women and children. Ooooooohhhh Abu
Graib ad nauseum and gitmo too. They can't go to the bathroom when
they want too, but they'd slit your throat (or actually decapitate as
has been their M.O. to date) and they are somehow less deserving of
some horrible fate than some poor woman with a disability.

For the record, food and water (oral or tube given) do not constitute
"extrodinary measures" and this woman was NOT brain dead.

She was profoundly disabled.

If I am disabled to that degree, without hope of recovery, kill me.
Before you kill me, make sure that there are suitable organ recipients
standing by...

In establishing "hope of recovery", please ensure that the latest
technology is used. Unlike Terry's husband, I would at least like a
PET scan and an MRI. I would also prefer that the doctors
pontificating on my position be radiologists, vice neurologists, since
the former and not the latter actualy read the scans in question.

For the record, governors that felt the courts were in error have
called out the national guard to defy the courtr decision. I think it
was called desegregation. Something about preventing one type of
(arbitrarily defined) child from going to school with anothe type of
(arbitrarily defined) child, circa 1960 ish. Governers claiming moral
outrage but unwilling to go that far are only posturing for cameras.

For the record, I am not a christian nutjob, but an atheist
libertarian.

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that execution by starvation
is ok.

Especially on a group devoted to great food.

Please don't mis-understand me. I think that we all have the right to
choose our way of life, and consequently death. We may or may not have
to answer for it later, what we have or ahve not done. But it is not
ok to intentionally starve a person to death. Terry's parents would
have taken care of her.

Please do not compare her to other starving people. It was court
ordained, ond police enforced that she starve to death. I can walk up
to any starving person and feed them without fear of the courts, except
Terry. The courts have decreed that she should starve to death.

Let that sink in. Starve to ****ing death.

But executing (by letahl injection) a murderous 17 year old is "cruel
and unusual" as determined by teh supreme court in this session.
God/Allah/Vishnu/et.al. help us all.

Ricky

> wrote in message
> Living Will

[snip]
> If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to sit up and ask for a
> cold beer, it should be presumed that I won't ever get better. When such

> determination is reached, I hereby instruct my spouse, children and
> attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes and call it a

day.
[snip]

Amend text to read: ... and ask for a cold beer or glass of scotch ...

I'll sign it.

Ricky

> wrote in message
> Living Will

[snip]

Living Well sf[_9_] General Cooking 5 05-11-2010 04:35 AM
NY Living jay General Cooking 6 01-06-2006 04:24 AM
Living Will midocr Barbecue 4 05-04-2005 01:35 AM
Ian, others, I have been living a lie Mark Lipton Wine 8 30-09-2004 10:35 PM