Old 29-03-2005, 11:50 PM
hello

Default Fig Wood good to smoke with ?

hello,

I have a fig tree, that I trimmed up and was wondering if it will be okay to
smoke with the wood. anybody used this type of wood or have any knowledge?
thanks

Old 30-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Matthew L. Martin

hello wrote:
hello,

I have a fig tree, that I trimmed up and was wondering if it will be okay to
smoke with the wood. anybody used this type of wood or have any knowledge?
thanks

Absolutely not! You must send all of those trimmings to a qualified
disposal service. E-mail me for my address:-)

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?

Old 30-03-2005, 05:08 PM
[email protected]

in article , hello at
wrote on 3/29/05 2:50 PM:

hello,

I have a fig tree, that I trimmed up and was wondering if it will be okay to
smoke with the wood. anybody used this type of wood or have any knowledge?
thanks

I've read that it makes good smoke wood. I have a fig tree that I pruned not
long ago and I cut it up small for smoke use. I haven't used it yet but my
research indicates that it's a good smoking wood.

Old 04-04-2005, 04:34 PM
[email protected]

Here are some places:
http://www.barbecuewood.com/Page.bok?file=wfc.html
http://www.cbbqa.com/grilling/Woodforgrilling.html
http://www.kamado.com/cgi-bin/discus/search.cgi
The last one specifically talks about using fig wood.

in article , hello at
wrote on 4/4/05 6:28 AM:

thanks for all the response, one question illustrator, where do you go to
research good smoking wood options. thanks
wrote in message
.. .
in article , hello at

Old 04-04-2005, 04:34 PM
[email protected]

wrote on 4/4/05 6:28 AM:

thanks for all the response, one question illustrator, where do you go to
research good smoking wood options. thanks
wrote in message
.. .
in article , hello at

Old 04-04-2005, 04:34 PM
[email protected]

wrote on 4/4/05 6:28 AM:

thanks for all the response, one question illustrator, where do you go to
research good smoking wood options. thanks
wrote in message
.. .
in article , hello at