Piedmont

Default 2 new pics

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...kewillsey.msnw

Posted two new pics, one is my, Homemade WSM-ish Prototype and the
second shows the hickory supply that I now have. I took down an old
hickory tree and probably have a lifetimes supply now. Those logs are 18
inch across and 16 inch long! Am I a happy q'r!
--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Please visit my MSN Group: "The Practical Bar B Q'r", A great barbecue
resource; Filled with links and down-loadable documents on building or
buying a cooker, recipes, and links to other great bbq sites. Free
membership to all!

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

TFM®

Piedmont wrote:
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...kewillsey.msnw
>
> Posted two new pics, one is my, Homemade WSM-ish Prototype and the
> second shows the hickory supply that I now have. I took down an old
> hickory tree and probably have a lifetimes supply now. Those logs are
> 18 inch across and 16 inch long! Am I a happy q'r!

I cut 2 or 3 trees that size when I was using the old direct fired pit. It
would take half a tree to cook a chicken.

When I redesigned to offset, a tree that size would last me at least a year.

Now that I'm using the WSM, it would indeed be a lifetime supply.

Good job.....enjoy.

TFM®

TFM®

Piedmont wrote:
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...kewillsey.msnw
>
> Posted two new pics, one is my, Homemade WSM-ish Prototype and the
> second shows the hickory supply that I now have. I took down an old
> hickory tree and probably have a lifetimes supply now. Those logs are
> 18 inch across and 16 inch long! Am I a happy q'r!

I cut 2 or 3 trees that size when I was using the old direct fired pit. It
would take half a tree to cook a chicken.

When I redesigned to offset, a tree that size would last me at least a year.

Now that I'm using the WSM, it would indeed be a lifetime supply.

Good job.....enjoy.

TFM®

Edwin Pawlowski

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...kewillsey.msnw
>
> Posted two new pics, one is my, Homemade WSM-ish Prototype and the second
> shows the hickory supply that I now have. I took down an old hickory tree
> and probably have a lifetimes supply now. Those logs are 18 inch across
> and 16 inch long! Am I a happy q'r!

Just wrap them in a foil pouch and put them on the coals.

Piedmont

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Piedmont" > wrote in message
>
>>http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...kewillsey.msnw
>>
>>Posted two new pics, one is my, Homemade WSM-ish Prototype and the second
>>shows the hickory supply that I now have. I took down an old hickory tree
>>and probably have a lifetimes supply now. Those logs are 18 inch across
>>and 16 inch long! Am I a happy q'r!

> Just wrap them in a foil pouch and put them on the coals.

Exactly what I plan Ed, too valuable to burn down for lump! I have oak
for that. These babies are gonna be split this week, stacked on top of
brick and lovingly covered with a tarp!

--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Please visit my MSN Group: "The Practical Bar B Q'r", A great barbecue
resource; Filled with links and down-loadable documents on building or
buying a cooker, recipes, and links to other great bbq sites. Free
membership to all!

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Piedmont

TFM® wrote:
> Piedmont wrote:
>
>>http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...kewillsey.msnw
>>
>>Posted two new pics, one is my, Homemade WSM-ish Prototype and the
>>second shows the hickory supply that I now have. I took down an old
>>hickory tree and probably have a lifetimes supply now. Those logs are
>>18 inch across and 16 inch long! Am I a happy q'r!

> I cut 2 or 3 trees that size when I was using the old direct fired pit. It
> would take half a tree to cook a chicken.
>
> When I redesigned to offset, a tree that size would last me at least a year.
>
> Now that I'm using the WSM, it would indeed be a lifetime supply.
>
> Good job.....enjoy.
>

> TFM®

Now I have to have patience and let it dry for abit!

--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Piedmont

TFM® wrote:
> Piedmont wrote:
>
>>http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...kewillsey.msnw
>>
>>Posted two new pics, one is my, Homemade WSM-ish Prototype and the
>>second shows the hickory supply that I now have. I took down an old
>>hickory tree and probably have a lifetimes supply now. Those logs are
>>18 inch across and 16 inch long! Am I a happy q'r!

> I cut 2 or 3 trees that size when I was using the old direct fired pit. It
> would take half a tree to cook a chicken.
>
> When I redesigned to offset, a tree that size would last me at least a year.
>
> Now that I'm using the WSM, it would indeed be a lifetime supply.
>
> Good job.....enjoy.
>

> TFM®

Now I have to have patience and let it dry for abit!

--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

TFM®

Piedmont wrote:
> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>> "Piedmont" > wrote in message
>>
>>> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...kewillsey.msnw
>>>
>>> Posted two new pics, one is my, Homemade WSM-ish Prototype and the
>>> second shows the hickory supply that I now have. I took down an old
>>> hickory tree and probably have a lifetimes supply now. Those logs
>>> are 18 inch across and 16 inch long! Am I a happy q'r!

>> Just wrap them in a foil pouch and put them on the coals.
>>

> Exactly what I plan Ed, too valuable to burn down for lump! I have oak
> for that. These babies are gonna be split this week, stacked on top of
> brick and lovingly covered with a tarp!

Brick's not that big a guy. I don't know if he'll support it all. Might
wanna stack some on Big Jim.

TFM®

Brick

On 28-Mar-2005, "TFM®" > wrote:

> Piedmont wrote:
> > Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> >> Just wrap them in a foil pouch and put them on the coals.
> >>

> > Exactly what I plan Ed, too valuable to burn down for lump! I have oak
> > for that. These babies are gonna be split this week, stacked on top of
> > brick and lovingly covered with a tarp!

> Brick's not that big a guy. I don't know if he'll support it all. Might
> wanna stack some on Big Jim.
>

> TFM®

I'll have to pass. Doc warned me about lifting anything heavier then a
plate of 'Q'.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Brick

On 28-Mar-2005, Piedmont > wrote:

> TFM® wrote:
> > Piedmont wrote:
> >
> >>http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...kewillsey.msnw
> >>
> >>Posted two new pics, one is my, Homemade WSM-ish Prototype and the
> >>second shows the hickory supply that I now have. I took down an old
> >>hickory tree and probably have a lifetimes supply now. Those logs are
> >>18 inch across and 16 inch long! Am I a happy q'r!

<snipped out TFM®'s part>

> Now I have to have patience and let it dry for abit!
>
> --
> Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

It ought to dry pretty quick once you get it split.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Brick

On 28-Mar-2005, Piedmont > wrote:

> TFM® wrote:
> > Piedmont wrote:
> >
> >>http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...kewillsey.msnw
> >>
> >>Posted two new pics, one is my, Homemade WSM-ish Prototype and the
> >>second shows the hickory supply that I now have. I took down an old
> >>hickory tree and probably have a lifetimes supply now. Those logs are
> >>18 inch across and 16 inch long! Am I a happy q'r!

<snipped out TFM®'s part>

> Now I have to have patience and let it dry for abit!
>
> --
> Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

It ought to dry pretty quick once you get it split.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Piedmont

SNIP

> It ought to dry pretty quick once you get it split.
>
> Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Started splitting it today, even with a hyd. log splitter, all I got to
say is, oh my aching back! (Grin)

--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Please visit my MSN Group: "The Practical Bar B Q'r", A great barbecue
resource; Filled with links and down-loadable documents on building or
buying a cooker, recipes, and links to other great bbq sites. Free
membership to all!

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Piedmont

SNIP

> It ought to dry pretty quick once you get it split.
>
> Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Started splitting it today, even with a hyd. log splitter, all I got to
say is, oh my aching back! (Grin)

--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Please visit my MSN Group: "The Practical Bar B Q'r", A great barbecue
resource; Filled with links and down-loadable documents on building or
buying a cooker, recipes, and links to other great bbq sites. Free
membership to all!

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Piedmont

TFM® wrote:
> Piedmont wrote:

snip
>>Exactly what I plan Ed, too valuable to burn down for lump! I have oak
>>for that. These babies are gonna be split this week, stacked on top of
>>brick and lovingly covered with a tarp!

> Brick's not that big a guy. I don't know if he'll support it all. Might
> wanna stack some on Big Jim.
>

> TFM®

Oops! Sorry Brick! (LOL) I had to go back and read it twice but I got it
~ Duh on my part... At least I lovingly covered him with a tarp soo's
he'd stay nice and dry. I must get some credit for that? Huh!
--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Piedmont

TFM® wrote:
> Piedmont wrote:

snip
>>Exactly what I plan Ed, too valuable to burn down for lump! I have oak
>>for that. These babies are gonna be split this week, stacked on top of
>>brick and lovingly covered with a tarp!

> Brick's not that big a guy. I don't know if he'll support it all. Might
> wanna stack some on Big Jim.
>

> TFM®

Oops! Sorry Brick! (LOL) I had to go back and read it twice but I got it
~ Duh on my part... At least I lovingly covered him with a tarp soo's
he'd stay nice and dry. I must get some credit for that? Huh!
--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Matthew L. Martin

Piedmont wrote:
> SNIP
>

>> It ought to dry pretty quick once you get it split.
>>
>> Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

>> News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> 120,000+ Newsgroups
>> =----

> Started splitting it today, even with a hyd. log splitter, all I got to
> say is, oh my aching back! (Grin)

That's the fact, Jack. Hickory is a great wood to burn for heat or smoke
for flavor, but it is one bitch to split.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Matthew L. Martin

Piedmont wrote:
> SNIP
>

>> It ought to dry pretty quick once you get it split.
>>
>> Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

>> News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> 120,000+ Newsgroups
>> =----

> Started splitting it today, even with a hyd. log splitter, all I got to
> say is, oh my aching back! (Grin)

That's the fact, Jack. Hickory is a great wood to burn for heat or smoke
for flavor, but it is one bitch to split.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Steve Calvin

Piedmont wrote:

> Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> snip
>
>>> Started splitting it today, even with a hyd. log splitter, all I got
>>> to say is, oh my aching back! (Grin)
>>>

>> That's the fact, Jack. Hickory is a great wood to burn for heat or
>> smoke for flavor, but it is one bitch to split.
>>

> Annd heavy!! It takes two of us to lift one section up onto the
> splitter! Have about 40 percent split, ugh! (LOL)

Yup. When I was younger I recall taking down a hickory tree at our camp.
Pretty much did the chain on the saw in and the following year when my
assignment was to split it, all we had was a twenty pound maul and
wedges. Talk about one s.o.b.!

--
Steve
Piedmont

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
snip
>> Started splitting it today, even with a hyd. log splitter, all I got
>> to say is, oh my aching back! (Grin)
>>

> That's the fact, Jack. Hickory is a great wood to burn for heat or smoke
> for flavor, but it is one bitch to split.

Annd heavy!! It takes two of us to lift one section up onto the
splitter! Have about 40 percent split, ugh! (LOL)

--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Please visit my MSN Group: "The Practical Bar B Q'r", A great barbecue
resource; Filled with links and down-loadable documents on building or
buying a cooker, recipes, and links to other great bbq sites. Free
membership to all!

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Steve Calvin

Piedmont wrote:

> Steve Calvin wrote:
> SNIP
>
>>> Annd heavy!! It takes two of us to lift one section up onto the
>>> splitter! Have about 40 percent split, ugh! (LOL)
>>>

>> Yup. When I was younger I recall taking down a hickory tree at our
>> camp. Pretty much did the chain on the saw in and the following year
>> when my assignment was to split it, all we had was a twenty pound maul
>> and wedges. Talk about one s.o.b.!
>>

> Steve,
>
> And all that lifting of the maul, it was building your character! Hasn't
> anyone told you that you were a Character! (grin)

Well I sure was in a lot better shape back then! ;-) As for being a
character, that would be one of the nicer things that I've been called. lol

--
Steve

Piedmont