SonoranDude

Default Leg of Lamb on Gas Rotiseree

Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good start
on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to the
house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree burner.

Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be good
if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill? Foil
and chips?

Thanks in advance!
Brad

Ricky

"SonoranDude" > wrote in message
> Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good

start
> on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to the
> house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree

burner.

> Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
> heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be

good
> if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill?

Foil
> and chips?

click he http://www.fawnridge.com/ricky/lamb.txt

Ricky

"SonoranDude" > wrote in message
> Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good

start
> on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to the
> house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree

burner.

> Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
> heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be

good
> if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill?

Foil
> and chips?

click he http://www.fawnridge.com/ricky/lamb.txt

SonoranDude

"Ricky" > wrote in message
> "SonoranDude" > wrote in message
> > Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good

> start
> > on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to

the
> > house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree

> burner.
> >
> > Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
> > heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be

> good
> > if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill?

> Foil
> > and chips?

> click he http://www.fawnridge.com/ricky/lamb.txt

Excellent!

SonoranDude

"Ricky" > wrote in message
> "SonoranDude" > wrote in message
> > Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good

> start
> > on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to

the
> > house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree

> burner.
> >
> > Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
> > heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be

> good
> > if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill?

> Foil
> > and chips?

> click he http://www.fawnridge.com/ricky/lamb.txt

Excellent!

Kent

I cook a lot of whole bone in leg of lambs over charcoal. I think lamb
should be medium rare, at absolute most, 125F near the bone, before you rest
the roast to equilibrate the internal temp.
I always cook on the grill, very hot indirect, over the 22" Weber, and after
surface browning occurs, turning the heat down a bit so more even roasting
occurs. I never feel the need for the rotisserie with lamb done this way.
I would worry that using the rotisserie over gas. It may not give you enough
surface heat to brown the lamb to seal in juices to the point you need to to
retain moisture.
Kent
"SonoranDude" > wrote in message
> Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good
> start
> on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to the
> house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree
> burner.
>
> Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
> heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be
> good
> if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill?
> Foil
> and chips?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Brad

Kent

I cook a lot of whole bone in leg of lambs over charcoal. I think lamb
should be medium rare, at absolute most, 125F near the bone, before you rest
the roast to equilibrate the internal temp.
I always cook on the grill, very hot indirect, over the 22" Weber, and after
surface browning occurs, turning the heat down a bit so more even roasting
occurs. I never feel the need for the rotisserie with lamb done this way.
I would worry that using the rotisserie over gas. It may not give you enough
surface heat to brown the lamb to seal in juices to the point you need to to
retain moisture.
Kent
"SonoranDude" > wrote in message
> Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good
> start
> on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to the
> house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree
> burner.
>
> Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
> heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be
> good
> if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill?
> Foil
> and chips?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Brad

jdoe

It will (on a Genesis anyway) I've done it and it's wonderful. I will be
doing rack of lamb with a morrocan flavor twist this easter on the genesis.
LArry
"Kent" > wrote in message
>I cook a lot of whole bone in leg of lambs over charcoal. I think lamb
>should be medium rare, at absolute most, 125F near the bone, before you
>rest the roast to equilibrate the internal temp.
> I always cook on the grill, very hot indirect, over the 22" Weber, and
> after surface browning occurs, turning the heat down a bit so more even
> roasting occurs. I never feel the need for the rotisserie with lamb done
> this way.
> I would worry that using the rotisserie over gas. It may not give you
> enough surface heat to brown the lamb to seal in juices to the point you
> need to to retain moisture.
> Kent
> "SonoranDude" > wrote in message
>> Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good
>> start
>> on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to the
>> house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree
>> burner.
>>
>> Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
>> heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be
>> good
>> if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill?
>> Foil
>> and chips?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Brad

jdoe

"Kent" > wrote in message
>I cook a lot of whole bone in leg of lambs over charcoal. I think lamb
>should be medium rare, at absolute most, 125F near the bone, before you
>rest the roast to equilibrate the internal temp.
> I always cook on the grill, very hot indirect, over the 22" Weber, and
> after surface browning occurs, turning the heat down a bit so more even
> roasting occurs. I never feel the need for the rotisserie with lamb done
> this way.
> I would worry that using the rotisserie over gas. It may not give you
> enough surface heat to brown the lamb to seal in juices to the point you
> need to to retain moisture.
> Kent
> "SonoranDude" > wrote in message
>> Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good
>> start
>> on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to the
>> house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree
>> burner.
>>
>> Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
>> heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be
>> good
>> if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill?
>> Foil
>> and chips?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Brad

Kent

Larry do you think you gain anything using the Genesis using the rotisserie
over just baking the leg indirectly, turning it every 10-15 minutes? My
Genesis is sitting dormant on the other side of the patio, while the
Performer gets constant use. I'd be interested in your thoughts.When you
rotiss.. do you use all three burners? Do you use wood? I expect you would
prefer the rotisserie for turkey for obvious reasons. I'd be interested in
bone in leg of lamb and standing rib. I also always concerned that the steel
rod cooks the interior too much.
Thanks,
Kent

"jdoe" > wrote in message news:2uT0e.2243$NW5.270@attbi_s02...
> It will (on a Genesis anyway) I've done it and it's wonderful. I will be
> doing rack of lamb with a morrocan flavor twist this easter on the
> genesis.
> LArry
> "Kent" > wrote in message
>>I cook a lot of whole bone in leg of lambs over charcoal. I think lamb
>>should be medium rare, at absolute most, 125F near the bone, before you
>>rest the roast to equilibrate the internal temp.
>> I always cook on the grill, very hot indirect, over the 22" Weber, and
>> after surface browning occurs, turning the heat down a bit so more even
>> roasting occurs. I never feel the need for the rotisserie with lamb done
>> this way.
>> I would worry that using the rotisserie over gas. It may not give you
>> enough surface heat to brown the lamb to seal in juices to the point you
>> need to to retain moisture.
>> Kent
>> "SonoranDude" > wrote in message
>>> Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good
>>> start
>>> on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to
>>> the
>>> house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree
>>> burner.
>>>
>>> Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
>>> heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be
>>> good
>>> if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill?
>>> Foil
>>> and chips?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>> Brad

Kent

Larry do you think you gain anything using the Genesis using the rotisserie
over just baking the leg indirectly, turning it every 10-15 minutes? My
Genesis is sitting dormant on the other side of the patio, while the
Performer gets constant use. I'd be interested in your thoughts.When you
rotiss.. do you use all three burners? Do you use wood? I expect you would
prefer the rotisserie for turkey for obvious reasons. I'd be interested in
bone in leg of lamb and standing rib. I also always concerned that the steel
rod cooks the interior too much.
Thanks,
Kent

"jdoe" > wrote in message news:2uT0e.2243$NW5.270@attbi_s02...
> It will (on a Genesis anyway) I've done it and it's wonderful. I will be
> doing rack of lamb with a morrocan flavor twist this easter on the
> genesis.
> LArry
> "Kent" > wrote in message
>>I cook a lot of whole bone in leg of lambs over charcoal. I think lamb
>>should be medium rare, at absolute most, 125F near the bone, before you
>>rest the roast to equilibrate the internal temp.
>> I always cook on the grill, very hot indirect, over the 22" Weber, and
>> after surface browning occurs, turning the heat down a bit so more even
>> roasting occurs. I never feel the need for the rotisserie with lamb done
>> this way.
>> I would worry that using the rotisserie over gas. It may not give you
>> enough surface heat to brown the lamb to seal in juices to the point you
>> need to to retain moisture.
>> Kent
>> "SonoranDude" > wrote in message
>>> Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good
>>> start
>>> on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to
>>> the
>>> house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree
>>> burner.
>>>
>>> Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
>>> heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be
>>> good
>>> if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill?
>>> Foil
>>> and chips?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>> Brad

jdoe

Well first you cannot do a bone in leg with the spinner. With the bone out
yes I gain a more even browning using the spinner no grill marking etc.
Taste is fine either way mostly cosmetic. Yes I use the smoker box and I use
only 1 or 2 burners never the center always the outside burners. I also have
a unit with infrared burner for rotis but frankly it doesn't do alot for me.
The genesis maked the best spun food I've ever done. The IR gives you nice
esthetics but that's about it. THe only "trouble" I've ever had spinning on
the genesis is with heavy items as the motor isn't terribly strong.
Larry
"Kent" > wrote in message
> Larry do you think you gain anything using the Genesis using the
> rotisserie over just baking the leg indirectly, turning it every 10-15
> minutes? My Genesis is sitting dormant on the other side of the patio,
> while the Performer gets constant use. I'd be interested in your
> thoughts.When you rotiss.. do you use all three burners? Do you use wood?
> I expect you would prefer the rotisserie for turkey for obvious reasons.
> I'd be interested in bone in leg of lamb and standing rib. I also always
> concerned that the steel rod cooks the interior too much.
> Thanks,
> Kent
>
> "jdoe" > wrote in message
>> It will (on a Genesis anyway) I've done it and it's wonderful. I will be
>> doing rack of lamb with a morrocan flavor twist this easter on the
>> genesis.
>> LArry
>> "Kent" > wrote in message
>>>I cook a lot of whole bone in leg of lambs over charcoal. I think lamb
>>>should be medium rare, at absolute most, 125F near the bone, before you
>>>rest the roast to equilibrate the internal temp.
>>> I always cook on the grill, very hot indirect, over the 22" Weber, and
>>> after surface browning occurs, turning the heat down a bit so more even
>>> roasting occurs. I never feel the need for the rotisserie with lamb done
>>> this way.
>>> I would worry that using the rotisserie over gas. It may not give you
>>> enough surface heat to brown the lamb to seal in juices to the point you
>>> need to to retain moisture.
>>> Kent

jdoe

"Kent" > wrote in message
> Larry do you think you gain anything using the Genesis using the
> rotisserie over just baking the leg indirectly, turning it every 10-15
> minutes? My Genesis is sitting dormant on the other side of the patio,
> while the Performer gets constant use. I'd be interested in your
> thoughts.When you rotiss.. do you use all three burners? Do you use wood?
> I expect you would prefer the rotisserie for turkey for obvious reasons.
> I'd be interested in bone in leg of lamb and standing rib. I also always
> concerned that the steel rod cooks the interior too much.
> Thanks,
> Kent
>
> "jdoe" > wrote in message
>> It will (on a Genesis anyway) I've done it and it's wonderful. I will be
>> doing rack of lamb with a morrocan flavor twist this easter on the
>> genesis.
>> LArry
>> "Kent" > wrote in message
>>>I cook a lot of whole bone in leg of lambs over charcoal. I think lamb
>>>should be medium rare, at absolute most, 125F near the bone, before you
>>>rest the roast to equilibrate the internal temp.
>>> I always cook on the grill, very hot indirect, over the 22" Weber, and
>>> after surface browning occurs, turning the heat down a bit so more even
>>> roasting occurs. I never feel the need for the rotisserie with lamb done
>>> this way.
>>> I would worry that using the rotisserie over gas. It may not give you
>>> enough surface heat to brown the lamb to seal in juices to the point you
>>> need to to retain moisture.
>>> Kent

Ridge Roofing, Inc.

Brad,
We eat a lot of lamb here. The best I've found is to butterfly the leg
and rub heartily with Emeril's Rustic Rub. You can find the recipe
easily on the net if you do a search on "rustic rub". The
ssssllllooooowww cook until med rare.
Pete

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:12:04 -0700, "SonoranDude"
> wrote:

>Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good start
>on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to the
>house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree burner.
>
>Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
>heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be good
>if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill? Foil
>and chips?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Brad

Ridge Roofing, Inc.

Brad,
We eat a lot of lamb here. The best I've found is to butterfly the leg
and rub heartily with Emeril's Rustic Rub. You can find the recipe
easily on the net if you do a search on "rustic rub". The
ssssllllooooowww cook until med rare.
Pete

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:12:04 -0700, "SonoranDude"
> wrote:

>Mom wants me to cook a leg of lamb at their home Sunday. Found a good start
>on the virtualweberbullet but I'm don't want to lug my bullet over to the
>house. Dad has a very nice built in gas grill with a back rotiseree burner.
>
>Can you help me out? Would like a sure fire rub/marinade and tips on the
>heat and temp for juicy med-rare. Suggestion on a little smoke would be good
>if you think it warrants. What is the best way to smoke on a gas grill? Foil
>and chips?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Brad

Dave Bugg

Ridge Roofing, Inc. wrote:

> Brad,
> We eat a lot of lamb here. The best I've found is to butterfly the leg
> and rub heartily with Emeril's Rustic Rub.

Please, don't top-post.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

rec: Lamb Slices in Madeira (leftover lamb) Jean B.[_1_] General Cooking 0 14-04-2009 12:43 PM
Ronco Rotiseree chet General Cooking 3 14-06-2007 10:03 PM
Toaster over with Rotiseree chet General Cooking 6 12-06-2007 10:55 PM
Leg of Lamb on Gas Rotiseree SonoranDude Barbecue 0 24-03-2005 05:12 PM
9 1/2 lb Rib Roast on a rotiseree Kswck General Cooking 9 25-12-2004 02:35 PM