DK

Default How to clean Sinbo food sealer snorkel?

I've read that a lot of you have a Sinbo sealer and have seen that one
person recommends using some kind of "feeler gauge" to clean the snorkel
when it's clogged? How does that work and where to you get one?

I've had my Sinbo sealer's snorkel clog up, and the only way I could clean
it was to take the little cap off the back, remove the sponge filter and
then get a thin piece of wire and poke it all the way through, from the back
all the way through so it comes out the front of the snorkel.Then you move
the wire side to side and it kind of cleans it out.

Is there an easier way to clean the snorkel? It would be nice if you could
easily remove the snorkel and soak it and clean it, but after removing the
bottom cover and looking everything over, it doesn't seem easy to remove the
snorkel.

Also, does anyone have ideas on how to prevent the snorkel from clogging up
in the first place? In the past, I think I've had the snorkel too close to
the meat that I was vacuum packing, and it probably sucked in a lot of
juices and fat that later solidified in the snorkel. Now I'm trying to keep
the snorkel about a quarter inch from the meat when vacuum packing, and so
far it hasnt' clogged up.

For those of you who put a folded piece of paper towel over the snorkel,
does the paper towel just get left in the sealed bag?

Any tips on cleaning the snorkel and preventing the snorkel from clogging up
would be appreciated!

--
DK

Piedmont

I can't give you cleaning tips but I can give you prevention tips. Freeze
whatever it is that you are going to seal, also, carefully fold up a paper
towel, place it across the opening of the bag, down inside the bag but just
enough to clear with the lid is closed. This will absorb and stop fluid from
getting past.

Warmest Regards, Mike Willsey