Spud

Default Propane not hot enough

I gave up on the Sam's Club Grand Hall SS grill due to constant flareup on
the ceramic tiles. Bought a new Weber Genesis Gold C. Nice grill. I'm
having some trouble getting the grill up hot enough to sear steaks. Did a
couple of 1-1/2" thick strips Saturday night and it took 30 minutes to get
to medium rare. I noticed that the flame was pretty low, so I took off the
propane bottle and inverted it. It seemed to get hotter after that. Anyone
have experience with this? I think it's the new over flow valve in the
propane bottles. Or is there a way to set up the regulator on the Weber?

Spud

Matthew L. Martin

Spud wrote:
> I gave up on the Sam's Club Grand Hall SS grill due to constant flareup on
> the ceramic tiles. Bought a new Weber Genesis Gold C. Nice grill. I'm
> having some trouble getting the grill up hot enough to sear steaks. Did a
> couple of 1-1/2" thick strips Saturday night and it took 30 minutes to get
> to medium rare. I noticed that the flame was pretty low, so I took off the
> propane bottle and inverted it. It seemed to get hotter after that. Anyone
> have experience with this? I think it's the new over flow valve in the
> propane bottles. Or is there a way to set up the regulator on the Weber?

Turn off all of the valves including the one at the top of the tank.
Open the valves starting with the tank and then opening the next closest
to the tank until they are all open. That should take care of the
problem. If it doesn't, call Weber. They will help you out.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Randy

Spud wrote:
> I gave up on the Sam's Club Grand Hall SS grill due to constant flareup on
> the ceramic tiles. Bought a new Weber Genesis Gold C. Nice grill. I'm
> having some trouble getting the grill up hot enough to sear steaks. Did a
> couple of 1-1/2" thick strips Saturday night and it took 30 minutes to get
> to medium rare. I noticed that the flame was pretty low, so I took off the
> propane bottle and inverted it. It seemed to get hotter after that. Anyone
> have experience with this? I think it's the new over flow valve in the
> propane bottles. Or is there a way to set up the regulator on the Weber?
>
> Spud

I had the same problem, could only get to 250 with the lid closed.
Somewhere in your owners manual addresses this, it has to do with a
safety device I think in the tank. They give you a proceedure to fix
it. As I recall it happens if any valves are in the on position when
you open the tank valve. -RP

Dave

"Randy" > wrote in message

> Spud wrote:
>> I gave up on the Sam's Club Grand Hall SS grill due to constant flareup
>> on the ceramic tiles. Bought a new Weber Genesis Gold C. Nice grill.
>> I'm having some trouble getting the grill up hot enough to sear steaks.
>> Did a couple of 1-1/2" thick strips Saturday night and it took 30 minutes
>> to get to medium rare. I noticed that the flame was pretty low, so I
>> took off the propane bottle and inverted it. It seemed to get hotter
>> after that. Anyone have experience with this? I think it's the new over
>> flow valve in the propane bottles. Or is there a way to set up the
>> regulator on the Weber?
>>
>> Spud

> I had the same problem, could only get to 250 with the lid closed.
> Somewhere in your owners manual addresses this, it has to do with a safety
> device I think in the tank. They give you a proceedure to fix it. As I
> recall it happens if any valves are in the on position when you open the
> tank valve. -RP

My gasser had the same problem until I hooked it up the main propane tank
for the house. Now the propane is delivered at a much better price than
filling up those little tanks.
DT

Edwin Pawlowski

"Spud" > wrote in message
> so I took off the propane bottle and inverted it. It seemed to get hotter
> after that. Anyone have experience with this? I think it's the new over
> flow valve in the propane bottles. Or is there a way to set up the
> regulator on the Weber?
>
> Spud

The new flow valves are to prevent accidents from people doing what you just
did. The entire country has to suffer with that crap because of what a few
people have done with tanks.

jdoe

When you open the valve (on the tank) do not open all the way. than turn on
control and light. The gold (actuall all the b's and c's) get VERY hot VERY
fast so either you have a bad regulteor or bad tank valve if the
instructions don't work BTW NEVER invert a propane tank!
LArry
"Spud" > wrote in message
. com...
>I gave up on the Sam's Club Grand Hall SS grill due to constant flareup on
>the ceramic tiles. Bought a new Weber Genesis Gold C. Nice grill. I'm
>having some trouble getting the grill up hot enough to sear steaks. Did a
>couple of 1-1/2" thick strips Saturday night and it took 30 minutes to get
>to medium rare. I noticed that the flame was pretty low, so I took off the
>propane bottle and inverted it. It seemed to get hotter after that.
>Anyone have experience with this? I think it's the new over flow valve in
>the propane bottles. Or is there a way to set up the regulator on the
>Weber?
>
> Spud

Dan Krueger

You might have air in the tank. This can be bled by SLOWLY turning the
flat head screw near the valve counter-clockwise. Watch for a white
mist and a propane odor and close it. Be very careful and make sure
there is nothing around to ignite it! Propane will also freeze your
skin so, again, open it SLOWLY!

Dan

Spud wrote:
> I gave up on the Sam's Club Grand Hall SS grill due to constant flareup on
> the ceramic tiles. Bought a new Weber Genesis Gold C. Nice grill. I'm
> having some trouble getting the grill up hot enough to sear steaks. Did a
> couple of 1-1/2" thick strips Saturday night and it took 30 minutes to get
> to medium rare. I noticed that the flame was pretty low, so I took off the
> propane bottle and inverted it. It seemed to get hotter after that. Anyone
> have experience with this? I think it's the new over flow valve in the
> propane bottles. Or is there a way to set up the regulator on the Weber?
>
> Spud

Spud

BTW NEVER invert a propane tank!
> LArry

I turned off the gas first and disconnected it. Yea, a slug of liquid
propane would probably sear those steaks!

Spud

Duwop

"Dan Krueger" > wrote in message

I don't understand why all y'all just don't get charcoal grills. Not getting
temps sure doesnt sound "convenient".

That's all.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:10:19 GMT, Dan Krueger
> wrote:

>You might have air in the tank. This can be bled by SLOWLY turning the
>flat head screw near the valve counter-clockwise. Watch for a white
>mist and a propane odor and close it. Be very careful and make sure
>there is nothing around to ignite it! Propane will also freeze your
>skin so, again, open it SLOWLY!

Keep dinking around with propane tanks rather than take them to
someone who knows what he is doing. With any luck, you'll get exactly
what you deserve.

Dan Krueger

Did you ever consider that I do know what I'm doing? I was certified to
dispense propane a few years back and nothing has changed, pro.

"Get exactly what I deserve"? Nice. I don't hope for you to drop dead
from a heat attack, fat ass, despite your behavior.

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:10:19 GMT, Dan Krueger
> > wrote:
>

>>You might have air in the tank. This can be bled by SLOWLY turning the
>>flat head screw near the valve counter-clockwise. Watch for a white
>>mist and a propane odor and close it. Be very careful and make sure
>>there is nothing around to ignite it! Propane will also freeze your
>>skin so, again, open it SLOWLY!

> Keep dinking around with propane tanks rather than take them to
> someone who knows what he is doing. With any luck, you'll get exactly
> what you deserve.

Matthew L. Martin

Dan Krueger wrote:
> Did you ever consider that I do know what I'm doing?

The thought never crossed my mind.

> I was certified to
> dispense propane a few years back and nothing has changed, pro.

Does that make giving advice about potentially explosive, toxic and
thermic procedures to amateurs over the internet a good idea? Why not
suggest that the tank be taken to a certified propane dealer for purging?

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Dan Krueger

I have never complained to your boss or anyone else, Skippy. I just
tolerate it or skip over your nonsense. Go have another doughnut.

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:26:28 GMT, Dan Krueger
> > wrote:
>

>>Did you ever consider that I do know what I'm doing? I was certified to
>>dispense propane a few years back and nothing has changed, pro.
>>
>>"Get exactly what I deserve"? Nice. I don't hope for you to drop dead

>>from a heat attack, fat ass, despite your behavior.

> I would feel differently if you hadn't e-mailed my boss to complain
> about me posting to Usenet.

Dan Krueger

No, but he keeps on humpin'!

Duwop wrote:

> "Dan Krueger" > wrote in message
>
>>My response was not directed to you, Matthew. Wilson seems to follow
>>every word I post with some childish BS.

> Humping your leg is how he shows he's your friend. He has called you his
> friend hasn't he?

Kent

"Spud" > wrote in message
. com...
>I gave up on the Sam's Club Grand Hall SS grill due to constant flareup on
>the ceramic tiles. Bought a new Weber Genesis Gold C. Nice grill. I'm
>having some trouble getting the grill up hot enough to sear steaks. Did a
>couple of 1-1/2" thick strips Saturday night and it took 30 minutes to get
>to medium rare. I noticed that the flame was pretty low, so I took off the
>propane bottle and inverted it. It seemed to get hotter after that.
>Anyone have experience with this? I think it's the new over flow valve in
>the propane bottles. Or is there a way to set up the regulator on the
>Weber?
>
> Spud

I have the Genesis side by side with the 22" round charcoal Weber. The
propane Weber can't remotely compete with the charcoal for searing the
steak, even with the lid down, which basically roasts the steak. I use
charcoal 90% of the time and gas 10%, when I have to. I have tried
everything I can find or think of without success.
Kent

Dan Krueger

Lots of sugar in those doughnuts and twinkies!

cl wrote:

> Dan Krueger wrote:
>
>>No, but he keeps on humpin'!

> How is he able to have so much stamina considering ...

TFM®

Dan Krueger wrote:
> East side. West of Ft. Lauderdale. I thought you were near Sanford
> from what I remember from the hurricane discussions.
>
> The MLK post could use a rerun. Our hero is whiter than both of us
> and is in immediate need of a good barber. I can't believe anyone
> would show up for picture day with that mop on his head and
> yesterday's shirt.
>
> http://itc.boisestate.edu/contact.htm

A barber wouldn't help that head! A noose would!

Kevvie knows I love him. That's why he'll gladly repost my MLK article now.

Good trained monkey! Here's your banana.

TFM®

Dan Krueger

TFM® wrote:
> Dan Krueger wrote:
>
>>East side. West of Ft. Lauderdale. I thought you were near Sanford
>>from what I remember from the hurricane discussions.
>>
>>The MLK post could use a rerun. Our hero is whiter than both of us
>>and is in immediate need of a good barber. I can't believe anyone
>>would show up for picture day with that mop on his head and
>>yesterday's shirt.
>>
>>http://itc.boisestate.edu/contact.htm

> A barber wouldn't help that head! A noose would!
>
> Kevvie knows I love him. That's why he'll gladly repost my MLK article now.
>
> Good trained monkey! Here's your banana.
>

> TFM®

You will have to wait until Monday. He seems to only post M-F on his
employer's time. He might have finally given up on the MLK thing since
he has been exposed as a fat-ass white boy with really bad hair (TFMWRBH).

Dan
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:03:10 GMT, Dan Krueger
> wrote:

>Kevvie is a proud, self-proclaimed, troller who evidently does his dirty
>work on his employer's time.

You should know, stalker. After all, you went to all the trouble to
complain to my employer.

How low can you go? You take a meaningless dispute on Usenet to real
life. Amazing.

That's k00k sign, you know.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:25:44 GMT, cl > wrote:

>You have never taken a USENET problem and made it a real life issue have
>you Kevin?

That's right, putz. Which is more than can be said for Dank Reuger and
others here.

BTW, what ever happened to that sock puppet you created in ARK?

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:05:58 GMT, cl > wrote:

>Hell, you were trying to threaten me and my roadrunner account just a
>month or so ago.

It's called an Acceptable Use Policy, slick. You don't want complaints
sent to your ISP's abuse desk, then don't violate their AUP.

These concepts are pretty simple. Why do they have to be explained to
you?

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:49:37 GMT, cl > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:05:58 GMT, cl > wrote:
>>
>> >Hell, you were trying to threaten me and my roadrunner account just a
>> >month or so ago.

>> It's called an Acceptable Use Policy, slick. You don't want complaints
>> sent to your ISP's abuse desk, then don't violate their AUP.

>You mean timewarner has a AUP the states that one cannot quote the
>material that has been distributed over usenet? Well unless you have a
>copyright or trademark on your proposition of felatio, I doubt you had
>much of a case. Regardless, you sought to bring usenet to 'real life'

You attempted to harass me by taking out of context something I had
written and appending it to your .sig.
>> These concepts are pretty simple. Why do they have to be explained to
>> you?

>Concepts are clear to me but I think you need a little help. Ask
>yourself this, did Kruegers action in anyway differ from your own? He
>reported you to your posting host and you threated to do the same to me.
>
>-CAL

Dan Krueger

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:49:37 GMT, cl > wrote:
>

>>Ask
>>yourself this, did Kruegers action in anyway differ from your own? He
>>reported you to your posting host and you threated to do the same to me.

> He e-mailed my boss to complain about me posting to Usenet. I reminded
> you that RoadRunner has an AUP -- or, have it your way, I "threated"
> to complain to RoadRunner about your harassment.
>
> I didn't complain to RoadRunner. And I didn't track down your boss and
> complain to him, either.
>
> If you can't tell the difference between the two actions, then you are
> either dumber than you've already proven yourself to be or you are
> being willfully obtuse.

Deja Vu...

"He e-mailed my boss to complain about me posting to Usenet."

For the second (or third) time, I did no such thing, pro. Please post a
copy of my "complaint". If you are using your state-owned computer
while you collect your state-supported salary in order to post your BS
in good conscience, then happy trails, lard ass. It seems that your
antics have created a problem for you. Live and learn - but you already
knew that, right?
Spud

So do you guys have any idea how to get my Weber hotter?

Spud

Duwop

"Spud" > wrote in message

> So do you guys have any idea how to get my Weber hotter?
>
> Spud

ROTFLMAO!

Thank you Spud.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming,

Duwop

"Spud" > wrote in message

> So do you guys have any idea how to get my Weber hotter?
>
> Spud

ROTFLMAO!

Thank you Spud.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming,

cl

"kilikini" > wrote in message
m...
> cl wrote:
> > "TFM®" wrote:
> >> http://home.comcast.net/~wiblur/Kibo...ro_swilson.jpg
> >>
> >> Can't remember where I got that link. Maybe from his mother.

> > Was that her 'O' scream phrase?
> >
> > "O TFM ooooh TFM ohhhhh TFMMM ohhh OhhHHHH ....
> > http://home.comcast.net/~wiblur/Kibo...ro_swilson.jpg ...
> > AHHHhhhhh!"
> >
> > -CAL

> CAL, you just made it into my killfile. Congrats, you ****ing prick.

Leave
> my husband alone.
>
> kili

Thats odd for a few reasons:
1) I thought you kfd me last year
2) You realize that you husband wasn't the butt of the joke, it is actually
supportive (a dude saying he has been making it with another guys mom is a
common cutdown)
3) Lovely mouth you have on you, I take it charm school has done you well.
Unfortunately you never realized is was a taxidermy that you were learning
instead.

-CAL

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:49:37 GMT, cl > wrote:

> >> It's called an Acceptable Use Policy, slick. You don't want complaints
> >> sent to your ISP's abuse desk, then don't violate their AUP.

> >You mean timewarner has a AUP the states that one cannot quote the
> >material that has been distributed over usenet? Well unless you have a
> >copyright or trademark on your proposition of felatio, I doubt you had
> >much of a case. Regardless, you sought to bring usenet to 'real life'
> >

> You attempted to harass me by taking out of context something I had
> written and appending it to your .sig.

I quoted the full sentence. Maybe you need to do a better job of
communicating your intent. You take my sentences out of context quite often
Prof.

You still miss the 'pot...kettle...black' reference here, don't you?

-CAL

cl

"Spud" > wrote in message
om...

> So do you guys have any idea how to get my Weber hotter?
>
> Spud

Your anwers have been posted. Purge, reset the protection device or if all
else fails, LOX.

-CAL

Wood vs propane Nick Cramer Barbecue 18 23-02-2010 07:55 PM
Propane adapters George Neuner Barbecue 3 10-02-2010 07:18 AM
Propane rip-ff Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 98 29-05-2009 04:34 PM
Best gas (propane) cooktops?? Foodgirl Cooking Equipment 5 28-05-2007 06:25 AM
Propane or Butane Sven Barbecue 3 06-08-2004 01:25 PM