F.G. Whitfurrows

Default BBQ's not very hot

Steve Calvin wrote:

> 1) quit cross posting if you want answers. It's considered extremely
> rude and improper in the usenet world.

You needn't re-crosspost the previous crossposter's crossposted crosspost,
especially if you aim to explain to said crossposter that his crossposting
is rude. It can only encourage other crossposters from the other crossposted
NGs to crosspost bact to this NG in a blatant attemp to flaunt their own
mannerless crossposting prowess.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Chef Juke

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:52:11 -0800, "F.G. Whitfurrows"
> wrote:

>Steve Calvin wrote:
>>
>> 1) quit cross posting if you want answers. It's considered extremely
>> rude and improper in the usenet world.
>>

>You needn't re-crosspost the previous crossposter's crossposted crosspost,
>especially if you aim to explain to said crossposter that his crossposting
>is rude. It can only encourage other crossposters from the other crossposted
>NGs to crosspost bact to this NG in a blatant attemp to flaunt their own
>mannerless crossposting prowess.

Fosco!

Quit it!

Yer makin' me CROSS!!!

;-)

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Steve Calvin

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>
>>1) quit cross posting if you want answers. It's considered extremely
>>rude and improper in the usenet world.
>>

> You needn't re-crosspost the previous crossposter's crossposted crosspost,
> especially if you aim to explain to said crossposter that his crossposting
> is rude. It can only encourage other crossposters from the other crossposted
> NGs to crosspost bact to this NG in a blatant attemp to flaunt their own
> mannerless crossposting prowess.

It was very intentional. I also receive an email from the idiot. I had
no idea which group "he" frequented and wanted "him" to see it. Get over
it.

--
Steve
F.G. Whitfurrows

Steve Calvin wrote:
> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>> Steve Calvin wrote:
>>
>>> 1) quit cross posting if you want answers. It's considered extremely
>>> rude and improper in the usenet world.
>>>

>> You needn't re-crosspost the previous crossposter's crossposted
>> crosspost, especially if you aim to explain to said crossposter that
>> his crossposting is rude. It can only encourage other crossposters
>> from the other crossposted NGs to crosspost bact to this NG in a
>> blatant attemp to flaunt their own mannerless crossposting prowess.
>>

> It was very intentional. I also receive an email from the idiot. I had
> no idea which group "he" frequented and wanted "him" to see it. Get
> over it.

Thanks for straightening me out Steve. I guess you could tell by the tone of
my previous post that I was seriously ****ed off at you. I guess I shouldn't
have been.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

F.G. Whitfurrows

Then Bev wrote:

>You are a liar and a ****witted ****.

>Crossposting is perfectly fine as long as the >newsgroups crossposted
>to are on topic for the subject (which the OP's >are).

See what I mean Steve? Good job.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Steve Calvin

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:

> Then Bev wrote:
>

>>You are a liar and a ****witted ****.

>>Crossposting is perfectly fine as long as the >newsgroups crossposted
>>to are on topic for the subject (which the OP's >are).

> See what I mean Steve? Good job.

ok, ok, gotcha Fos. I screwed up. I now see your point.

Steve
<sheepishly crawling away. Head down)
F.G. Whitfurrows

Steve Calvin wrote:

> ok, ok, gotcha Fos. I screwed up. I now see your point.
>
> Steve
> <sheepishly crawling away. Head down)

S'awrite, Steve. Call it tough love. I learnt it from a man named Curry.<g>
Now don't let it happen again or I'll have to send BOB and Graeme over to
kick yer ass.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Steve Calvin

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:

> Steve Calvin wrote:
>
>>ok, ok, gotcha Fos. I screwed up. I now see your point.
>>
>>Steve
>><sheepishly crawling away. Head down)

> S'awrite, Steve. Call it tough love. I learnt it from a man named Curry.<g>
> Now don't let it happen again or I'll have to send BOB and Graeme over to
> kick yer ass.

ROTFLMAO, I think that I owe 'em both a drink. Buy two tickets and I'll
pick 'em up at the station! ;-D

--
Steve

"Charles Turner" > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone could help with the following:-
>
> I have a Charbroil Gas Patio Caddie, which is OK but never really gets
> that hot. I'm running it on Propane. When I say it's not that hot, it
> cooks food OK but isn't hot enough to really sear a steak for example. My
> experience of other gas BBQ's is also similar. Is this just the case with
> gas BBQ's.
>
> Also I remember a few years ago (I live in the UK) that when I used a
> charcoal BBQ it got so hot that I used to have to cool it down with a
> water spray. Now charcoal also does not seem to get as hot as it used to,
> some of the instant ones from Tesco, Sainsbury etc., are so cool you can
> nearly put your hand on them!!!
>
> Has something changed??

Maybe you're spreading yourself too thin, xposting to so many NGs.

--
Nick. To send your support to Any of Our Troops in Harm's Way, go to:
http://anysoldier.com/

Bev <bev@kev> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:15:33 -0500, Steve Calvin
>
> >1) quit cross posting if you want answers. It's considered extremely
> >rude and improper in the usenet world.

> You are a liar and a ****witted ****.
>
> Crossposting is perfectly fine as long as the newsgroups crossposted
> to are on topic for the subject (which the OP's are).

Since "Bev" conveniently snipped the appropriate attribution and chose not
to disclose the NG from which it is posting (proving Fosco's statement), I
can only quote Bev's comment:

Bev: "> You are a liar and a ****witted ****."

--
Nick. To send your support to Any of Our Troops in Harm's Way, go to:
http://anysoldier.com/

Kilikini

Steve Calvin wrote:
> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>
>> Steve Calvin wrote:
>>
>>> ok, ok, gotcha Fos. I screwed up. I now see your point.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>> <sheepishly crawling away. Head down)

>> S'awrite, Steve. Call it tough love. I learnt it from a man named
>> Curry.<g> Now don't let it happen again or I'll have to send BOB and
>> Graeme over to kick yer ass.
>>

> ROTFLMAO, I think that I owe 'em both a drink. Buy two tickets and
> I'll pick 'em up at the station! ;-D

Good, have we kissed and made up, gentlemen? <g>

kili

Steve Calvin

Kilikini wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>
>>F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:

>>>S'awrite, Steve. Call it tough love. I learnt it from a man named
>>>Curry.<g> Now don't let it happen again or I'll have to send BOB and
>>>Graeme over to kick yer ass.
>>>

>>ROTFLMAO, I think that I owe 'em both a drink. Buy two tickets and
>>I'll pick 'em up at the station! ;-D

> Good, have we kissed and made up, gentlemen? <g>
>
> kili

lol, no problem on this end Kili. My problem was with the OP which I
thought that I replied with a civil and to the point post and then I got
a scathing note in my mail from the jerk cussing me up one side and down
the other. I got a little p.o'ed and lashed back. No problem with Fos
at all.

--
Steve
cl

Kilikini wrote:
> Good, have we kissed and made up, gentlemen? <g>
> kili

Your (ehhe) into some sick stuff.

-CAL
TFM®

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>>
>> 1) quit cross posting if you want answers. It's considered extremely
>> rude and improper in the usenet world.
>>

> You needn't re-crosspost the previous crossposter's crossposted
> crosspost, especially if you aim to explain to said crossposter that
> his crossposting is rude. It can only encourage other crossposters
> from the other crossposted NGs to crosspost bact to this NG in a
> blatant attemp to flaunt their own mannerless crossposting prowess.

I wuz gonna say that upon reading Steve's reply, but better judgement led me
to believe that someone had already corrected his mistake. <G>

TFM®