Borax

Default griddle?

Hi,

I'm getting readyy to build a backyard grilling kitchen. I'll have a GE
Monogram 2 x 15,000 btu burner next to the grill, and a thought came
up. Could I have a piece of steel fabricated to cover the two burners
to use as a griddle for things like fajitas, pancakes or any other
griddle cooked food?

If so, what type of metal and how thick, plus does anyone have any
experiece in this?

Thanks!

Borax wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting readyy to build a backyard grilling kitchen. I'll have a GE
> Monogram 2 x 15,000 btu burner next to the grill, and a thought came
> up. Could I have a piece of steel fabricated to cover the two burners
> to use as a griddle for things like fajitas, pancakes or any other
> griddle cooked food?
>
> If so, what type of metal and how thick, plus does anyone have any
> experiece in this?
>
> Thanks!

Why not just buy one?

> https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...idProduct=3943

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message ...
> Borax wrote:

.. Could I have a piece of steel fabricated to cover the two burners
>> to use as a griddle for things like fajitas, pancakes or any other
>> griddle cooked food?

> Why not just buy one?
>
>> https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...idProduct=3943

Buying is probably the simplest way. I guess you could find a steel plate
thick enough, but cast iron is still a great cooking surface. Just a guess,
but I doubt that aluminum plate or steel plate would perform as well as the
casting.

Dave

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
m...

> > wrote in message ...
>> Borax wrote:

> . Could I have a piece of steel fabricated to cover the two burners
>>> to use as a griddle for things like fajitas, pancakes or any other
>>> griddle cooked food?

>> Why not just buy one?
>>
>>> https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...idProduct=3943

> Buying is probably the simplest way. I guess you could find a steel plate
> thick enough, but cast iron is still a great cooking surface. Just a
> guess, but I doubt that aluminum plate or steel plate would perform as
> well as the casting.

Call the folks at http://www.sunshinegrills.com and ask them about a
replacement griddle. About $50.
Dave

Bob Hayden

Lodge and others make cast iron griddles that fit over a standard double
burner stove...maybe that would work.

I have been looking for something that would go on the grill
itself...something larger, and I have come across the "Griddle-Q"
http://www.littlegriddle.com/products.html

I'm going to check this out but it looks interesting.

Bob in RSM,CA

"Borax" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting readyy to build a backyard grilling kitchen. I'll have a GE
> Monogram 2 x 15,000 btu burner next to the grill, and a thought came
> up. Could I have a piece of steel fabricated to cover the two burners
> to use as a griddle for things like fajitas, pancakes or any other
> griddle cooked food?
>
> If so, what type of metal and how thick, plus does anyone have any
> experiece in this?
>
> Thanks!

Borax

Thanks.

I didn't realize that the were available. The one from
littlegriddle.com looks the most promising.

Bob Hayden wrote:
> Lodge and others make cast iron griddles that fit over a standard

double
> burner stove...maybe that would work.
>
> I have been looking for something that would go on the grill
> itself...something larger, and I have come across the "Griddle-Q"
> http://www.littlegriddle.com/products.html
>
> I'm going to check this out but it looks interesting.
>
> Bob in RSM,CA

When I bought my Weber Gold-C last year, the wife also picked up a
Weber cast iron griddle. It replaces one of the cooking grids, so it
covers one half of the grill and fits perfectly. It's made by Weber.
Here's the link http://www.weberstuff.com/webcasirgrid.html.
I love mine...Hope this helps. For non-Weber users, the dimensions are
17 7/16" x 11 13/16". The price is $39.95.

Cheers
Stan

Michael

"Borax" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Thanks.
>
> I didn't realize that the were available. The one from
> littlegriddle.com looks the most promising.

Lodge makes two sizes. One is only slightly bigger than the other. I have
the smaller one (the bigger one was not available when I purchased) and it
has cooked pancakes every Sunday AM for the past twenty years in my house.
I bought it as a second at the South Pittsburgh, TN Lodge foundry. Guess I
should buy a good one next time.

I also have a Chinese knockoff of the Lodge that I use for camping. Only so
so but 1/3 the price. Get what you pay for.

Had to leave one of the knockoffs in an Alaskan cabin a few years back when
we ended up digging gold instead of fishing. Only the second time in my
life I made money on vacation. The other time I caught a Big Eye Tuna and
sold him to a Japanese fish broker.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Borax" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Thanks.
>
> I didn't realize that the were available. The one from
> littlegriddle.com looks the most promising.

Reminds me of the griddles used in a lot of sandwich shops. Once well used
and oiled up, nothing sticks to them.

Griddle Bread david buzanko Recipes (moderated) 0 06-03-2007 02:22 PM
Sirloin on griddle? [email protected] General Cooking 8 07-09-2006 05:04 AM
Blackstone Griddle Bob Hayden Cooking Equipment 1 02-03-2006 04:35 AM
Griddle limey Cooking Equipment 5 14-11-2005 09:32 PM
What is "griddle" ? flo.agaud Sourdough 18 02-05-2004 06:07 AM