Default President Bush's cook is fired because he can't Q!

All politics aside... I was LOL on this one!

Maybe this the gig I'm looking for. I can cook a brisket and ribs at
least!
- Rob

Bushes seek chef who can do Tex-Mex, barbecue
Houston Chronicle/AP ^ | Feb. 20, 2005

Fancy state dinners aren't all the new White House chef will need to do
-- the Bushes are looking for someone who knows barbecue and other good
old American fare.

Laura Bush told Newsweek she doesn't expect that any of the celebrity
chefs with books or television shows will be interested in becoming
head chef at the presidential home. But she's looking to fill the job
with someone who "can really showcase American foods."

The previous White House chef, Walter Scheib III, has left to pursue
new opportunities after nearly 11 years of cooking for two presidents,
and the first lady is looking for a replacement who can cater to the
first family's native Texan palates.

"We like spicy food of all kinds," she said in the magazine's Feb. 28
issue. "We like, obviously, Tex-Mex and barbecue. ... George is a very
good eater."

The chef will have ample opportunity to make dinner for the first
family -- the Bushes are known for staying in most nights rather than
socializing like their predecessors. Laura Bush said they do go out to
friends' dinner parties when someone thinks to ask them.

"We don't actually get invited to that many dinner parties," she said.
"I think people think we're going to invite them, which we do."

John O

> Maybe this the gig I'm looking for. I can cook a brisket and ribs at
> least!

Can you get past the security checks? That would have to be a doozy. I mean,
who on earth has more access to the prez than his cook?

-John O