FoodBanter.com

-   -   Food Lion .99/lb pork picnic (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/55715-food-lion-99-lb.html)

[email protected] 05-03-2005 08:21 PM

Food Lion .99/lb pork picnic

On sale this week. Bone-in picnic. Gonna que it in the next week or so.
Mike W.... better stock up!

Rob

BOB 05-03-2005 11:15 PM

wrote:
> On sale this week. Bone-in picnic. Gonna que it in the
> next week or so. Mike W.... better stock up!
>
> Rob

Picnics are normally $0.89 to $1.09/# around here with $0.99 being the
norm if you don't mind shopping through the newspaper ads.

Yes, there is more waste with a picnic than with a butt, but I like the
taste and texture of the picnic much better and I'll guess the price of
the finished product is about the same.

BOB
no Food Lions in Florida any more

Piedmont 06-03-2005 01:15 PM

wrote:
> On sale this week. Bone-in picnic. Gonna que it in the next week or so.
> Mike W.... better stock up!
>
> Rob

Hooo Yaaa!
Thanks for heads up Rob!

--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Please visit my MSN Group: "The Practical Bar B Q'r", A great barbecue
resource; Filled with links and down-loadable documents on building or
buying a cooker, recipes, and links to other great bbq sites. Free
membership to all!

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

[email protected] 07-03-2005 05:42 PM

BOB wrote:
<some snip>
> Picnics are normally $0.89 to $1.09/# around here with $0.99 being

the
> norm if you don't mind shopping through the newspaper ads.

<snip more snip>
> BOB
> no Food Lions in Florida any more

Bob-

I've noticed something in the stores I frequent in N.C. for whatever
reason Smithfield is now present in force with pre-cut 'primals' like
butts, picnics, loins.
These has brought a surge in retail prices like 1.89/lb. for a boston
butt.

So, when I saw the picnic at sub $1 pricing I got something worthwhile
to buy.

I find this pricing strange as N.C. is the self-professed top pork
producer!

Rob
no Krogers in North Carolina any more.