FoodBanter.com

-   -   Ping Bricker (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/55600-ping-bricker.html)

BOB 05-03-2005 12:02 AM

Ping Bricker

I haven't seen or heard anything from you lately. You OK?

BOB

Brick 09-03-2005 08:25 PM

On 4-Mar-2005, " BOB" > wrote:

> I haven't seen or heard anything from you lately. You OK?
>
> BOB

I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has caught up with me.
Right after I survived heart repair,my wife who was already sliding into
Altzheimer's, fell and broke a hip. She survived a hip replacement job
but the pain killers and other med's kicked her Altzheimer's into high gear.
She's now in a rehab/nursing facility where she can be looked after 24/7.
It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't remember
me being there that same morning.

Brick (Trying to keep the shiny side up)

Kevin S. Wilson 09-03-2005 08:33 PM

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:25:50 GMT, "Brick" > wrote:

>On 4-Mar-2005, " BOB" > wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen or heard anything from you lately. You OK?
>>
>> BOB

>I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has caught up with me.
>Right after I survived heart repair,my wife who was already sliding into
>Altzheimer's, fell and broke a hip. She survived a hip replacement job
>but the pain killers and other med's kicked her Altzheimer's into high gear.
>She's now in a rehab/nursing facility where she can be looked after 24/7.
>It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't remember
>me being there that same morning.

I'm sorry to hear it. That's a tough one. Keep your chin up.

BOB 09-03-2005 08:41 PM

Brick wrote:
> On 4-Mar-2005, " BOB" > wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen or heard anything from you lately. You
>> OK?
>>
>> BOB

> I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has
> caught up with me.

Sorry to hear the news,Howard. Keep that shiny side up!
Let us know what we can do to help. You know that we are here for you.

BOB

Dave Bugg 09-03-2005 08:56 PM

Brick wrote:

> It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't
> remember
> me being there that same morning.

I am very sorry to hear this,Amigo. You know that the ng is here to listen
and give you our support, as limited as we may be. I'll be thinkin' and
praying for your wife and you, Brick.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Matthew L. Martin 09-03-2005 09:08 PM

Brick wrote:
> On 4-Mar-2005, " BOB" > wrote:
>

>>I haven't seen or heard anything from you lately. You OK?
>>
>>BOB

> I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has caught up with me.
> Right after I survived heart repair,my wife who was already sliding into
> Altzheimer's, fell and broke a hip. She survived a hip replacement job
> but the pain killers and other med's kicked her Altzheimer's into high gear.
> She's now in a rehab/nursing facility where she can be looked after 24/7.
> It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't remember
> me being there that same morning.

That's sad news. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Matthew

Graeme...in London 09-03-2005 09:45 PM

"Brick" > wrote in message

> On 4-Mar-2005, " BOB" > wrote:
>
> > I haven't seen or heard anything from you lately. You OK?
> >
> > BOB

> I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has caught up with me.
> Right after I survived heart repair,my wife who was already sliding into
> Altzheimer's, fell and broke a hip. She survived a hip replacement job
> but the pain killers and other med's kicked her Altzheimer's into high

gear.
> She's now in a rehab/nursing facility where she can be looked after 24/7.
> It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't remember
> me being there that same morning.
>
> Brick (Trying to keep the shiny side up)

Sorry, Howard. I've just posted a tongue in cheek remark to abf before
reading this ng. I'm sincerely sorry!!

Warmest regards being sent from where I sit.

Graeme

Brick 09-03-2005 09:50 PM

On 9-Mar-2005, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Brick wrote:
>
> > It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't
> > remember
> > me being there that same morning.

> I am very sorry to hear this,Amigo. You know that the ng is here to listen
>
> and give you our support, as limited as we may be. I'll be thinkin' and
> praying for your wife and you, Brick.
> --
> Dave

Thank you Dave. Fortunately we have bullet proof insurance. However
money isn't going to make this go away.

Brick (Trying to keep the shiny side up)

Niki 09-03-2005 11:03 PM

Graeme...in London wrote:

> "Brick" > wrote in message
>
>>On 4-Mar-2005, " BOB" > wrote:
>>

>>>I haven't seen or heard anything from you lately. You OK?
>>>
>>>BOB

>>I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has caught up with me.
>>Right after I survived heart repair,my wife who was already sliding into
>>Altzheimer's, fell and broke a hip. She survived a hip replacement job
>>but the pain killers and other med's kicked her Altzheimer's into high

> gear.
>
>>She's now in a rehab/nursing facility where she can be looked after 24/7.
>>It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't remember
>>me being there that same morning.
>>
>>Brick (Trying to keep the shiny side up)
>>

> Sorry, Howard. I've just posted a tongue in cheek remark to abf before
> reading this ng. I'm sincerely sorry!!
>
> Warmest regards being sent from where I sit.

My sympathies to Howard too. Just because.

--
Niki

[email protected] 09-03-2005 11:37 PM

"Brick" > wrote:
> On 4-Mar-2005, " BOB" > wrote:
>
> > I haven't seen or heard anything from you lately. You OK?
> >
> > BOB

> I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has caught up with me.
> Right after I survived heart repair,my wife who was already sliding into
> Altzheimer's, fell and broke a hip. She survived a hip replacement job
> but the pain killers and other med's kicked her Altzheimer's into high
> gear. She's now in a rehab/nursing facility where she can be looked after
> 24/7. It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't
> remember me being there that same morning.
>
> Brick (Trying to keep the shiny side up)

I'm filled with love for you, my friend. The pain of helplessly watching
your loved one's mind slip away must be unbearable. If anyone can keep the
shiny side up through this ordeal, you can. We are here for you and your
dearly beloved.

Thanks for letting us know, and keep the shiny side up, damnit!

--
Nick. To send your support to Any of Our Troops in Harm's Way, go to:
http://anysoldier.com/

Beth Cole 09-03-2005 11:43 PM

Brick wrote:

> Thank you Dave. Fortunately we have bullet proof insurance. However
> money isn't going to make this go away.
>
> Brick (Trying to keep the shiny side up)

I've lost my grandfather to this horrible disease, and my MIL is at the
point of "we hope that she doesn't wake up tomorrow" after 3 1/4 years
in the nursing home. You have my sincerest sympathies.

If you haven't yet, you might check out alt.support.alzheimers. We have
family members & caregivers of patients everywhere on the spectrum from
newly diagnosed to late stages and deceased, as well as at least one
current early-stage patient posting to the group. The support of people
who face so many of the same challenges that I have faced has been
extremely helpful in the last few months.

Beth

--
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you
nothing. It was here first. ~Mark Twain

Harry Demidavicius 10-03-2005 01:38 AM

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:25:50 GMT, "Brick" > wrote:

>On 4-Mar-2005, " BOB" > wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen or heard anything from you lately. You OK?
>>
>> BOB

>I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has caught up with me.
>Brick (Trying to keep the shiny side up)

That is awfull news, Brick. My extreme condolences. I've been there
with my Mother who thankfully crossed over Rainbow bridge last
December. Let us hope that your wife crosses over soon.

All you guys who are out there and who have not yet done so MAKE A
LIVING WILL.

Harry

David G. 10-03-2005 02:46 AM

BOB wrote:
> I haven't seen or heard anything from you lately. You OK?
>
> BOB

Best wishes to you and your family Bricker......

cl 10-03-2005 02:22 PM

Nick wrote:

> The retard in the pasture stood on a 5 gallon bucket to get it on.
>
> Hoooooooooooyahhhhhh!

So you are saying that he is a Texas BBQ fan, in that he prefers beef
tenderloin to pork.

-CAL

Piedmont 12-03-2005 12:35 AM

Brick wrote:
snip
> I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has caught up with me.
> Right after I survived heart repair,my wife who was already sliding into
> Altzheimer's, fell and broke a hip. She survived a hip replacement job
> but the pain killers and other med's kicked her Altzheimer's into high gear.
> She's now in a rehab/nursing facility where she can be looked after 24/7.
> It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't remember
> me being there that same morning.
>
> Brick (Trying to keep the shiny side up)

Brick,

I hope your not having to go through all this alone!

Do you have support nearby, family, good friends? If not, start
looking, there will be honest and good folks that sincerely wish to help.

Chin up, we'll be keeping you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers.

You know you can always find an ear to listen to ya here!
--
Regards, Mike Willsey

Brick 13-03-2005 02:33 AM

On 11-Mar-2005, Piedmont > wrote:

> Brick wrote:
> snip
> > I probably won't be around much BOB. My shady life has caught up with
> > me.
> > Right after I survived heart repair,my wife who was already sliding into
> > Altzheimer's, fell and broke a hip. She survived a hip replacement job
> > but the pain killers and other med's kicked her Altzheimer's into high
> > gear.
> > She's now in a rehab/nursing facility where she can be looked after
> > 24/7.
> > It's a real bitch when I visit her in the evening and she doesn't
> > remember
> > me being there that same morning.
> >
> > Brick (Trying to keep the shiny side up)

> Brick,
>
> I hope your not having to go through all this alone!
>
> Do you have support nearby, family, good friends? If not, start
> looking, there will be honest and good folks that sincerely wish to help.
>
> Chin up, we'll be keeping you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers.
>
> You know you can always find an ear to listen to ya here!
> --
> Regards, Mike Willsey

I apoligize in advance for the full quote.

First off Mike, I appreciate your prayers. The big move lately to remove
religion from our America makes me sick to my stomach. I'm not a Sky
Pilot, but I take great refuge in my belief in God.

Recent update. My lady survived hip surgery in fine fashion. With luck
I can bring her home Wed Mar 16th. But!!!, She'll have to be watched
24/7 from now on because of the Alzheimer's.

I felt the pain when the Hound passed, again when Monroe and
Miranda were burned out and yet again when Jack Curry passed.
I am chagrined to say this, but Mrs Libby, the Monroes and Mrs.
Curry were among the lucky ones. Only cancer and it's lingering
pain outrank alzheimer's as a hurtfil millstone for the survirors.I
thank you all for your support.

Brick (Keeping the shiny side up)

[email protected] 13-03-2005 04:15 AM

"Brick" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> Recent update. My lady survived hip surgery in fine fashion. With luck
> I can bring her home Wed Mar 16th. But!!!, She'll have to be watched
> 24/7 from now on because of the Alzheimer's.
>
> I felt the pain when the Hound passed, again when Monroe and
> Miranda were burned out and yet again when Jack Curry passed.
> I am chagrined to say this, but Mrs Libby, the Monroes and Mrs.
> Curry were among the lucky ones. Only cancer and it's lingering
> pain outrank alzheimer's as a hurtfil millstone for the survirors.I
> thank you all for your support.
>
> Brick (Keeping the shiny side up)

You are a brick, Brick. We are all with you!