Old 01-03-2005, 07:49 PM
bk

Default Musterd base sauce

We've recently taken in a ten year old boy who insists on puting spicey
musterd based bbq sauce on everything. This includes salad, but he hasn't
put it on ice cream yet. I keep making the trip to his favorite place, but
I'd like to show him some others.

Please post some simple recipes.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:41 PM

"bk" wrote:
We've recently taken in a ten year old boy who insists on puting spicey
musterd based bbq sauce on everything. This includes salad, but he hasn't
put it on ice cream yet. I keep making the trip to his favorite place,
but I'd like to show him some others.

Please post some simple recipes.

Mustard Cream

In a blender, whirl 1-1/4 cups lightly packed Italian parsley sprigs, 1 cup
creme fraiche or sour cream, 1/4 cup seasoned vinegar, 1 Tablespoon lemon
juice, and 4 teaspoons of mustard powder until a smooth puree. Season to
taste with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne and salt. Makes 1 1/2 cups.

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Old 02-03-2005, 04:00 AM
Louis Cohen

bk wrote:
We've recently taken in a ten year old boy who insists on puting spicey
musterd based bbq sauce on everything. This includes salad, but he hasn't
put it on ice cream yet. I keep making the trip to his favorite place, but
I'd like to show him some others.

Please post some simple recipes.

Vinegrette salad dressing traditionally uses a strongly-flavored
mustard. Could be worse - he could put ketchup on everything.

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877
Old 02-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:00:27 -0800, Louis Cohen
wrote:

bk wrote:
We've recently taken in a ten year old boy who insists on puting spicey
musterd based bbq sauce on everything. This includes salad, but he hasn't
put it on ice cream yet. I keep making the trip to his favorite place, but
I'd like to show him some others.

Please post some simple recipes.

Vinegrette salad dressing traditionally uses a strongly-flavored
mustard. Could be worse - he could put ketchup on everything.

1/3 mustard
1/3 cider vinager
1/3 honey

You can heat it up to mix the flavors or just stir 'em together.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Dana H. Myers

bk wrote:
We've recently taken in a ten year old boy who insists on puting spicey
musterd based bbq sauce on everything.

I guess that's better than muss-turd sauce, but probably not
as nice as mustard sauce.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:47 PM
cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

mustard. Could be worse - he could put ketchup on everything.

1/3 mustard
1/3 cider vinager
1/3 honey

You can heat it up to mix the flavors or just stir 'em together.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say 3 equal parts of mustard,cider
"vinager" and honey?

Oh your a tech writer, I forgot. Apparently one with a poetic license to
spell vinegar however he chooses.

-CAL
Old 04-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:47:33 GMT, cl wrote:

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

mustard. Could be worse - he could put ketchup on everything.

1/3 mustard
1/3 cider vinager
1/3 honey

You can heat it up to mix the flavors or just stir 'em together.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say 3 equal parts of mustard,cider
"vinager" and honey?

No. Do you have any other questions about what is apparently your
second language?

Also, do you realize how pathetic it is that you cannot stop yourself
from humping my leg in public? Why do you so crave attention that you
hijack every thread in which I post?

It's just sad. No, really.

Oh your a tech writer, I forgot. Apparently one with a poetic license to
spell vinegar however he chooses.

Apparently one who also knows the difference between "your" and
"you're."

Jeebus, but you could screw up a 2-car funeral procession.

How come you don't post in ARK anymore, Pro? Get tired of being mocked
and taunted?

Old 04-03-2005, 06:21 PM
cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

mustard. Could be worse - he could put ketchup on everything.

1/3 mustard
1/3 cider vinager
1/3 honey

You can heat it up to mix the flavors or just stir 'em together.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say 3 equal parts of mustard,cider
"vinager" and honey?

Also, do you realize how pathetic it is that you cannot stop yourself
from humping my leg in public? Why do you so crave attention that you
hijack every thread in which I post?

Yeah right. Your batting at a ratio at about 10 attempted trolls to my
one. So obviously I'm not gonna pass up the opportunity to correct your
speeling and gramar (and unit-less proportions)

It's just sad. No, really.

Oh your a tech writer, I forgot. Apparently one with a poetic license to
spell vinegar however he chooses.

Apparently one who also knows the difference between "your" and
"you're."

You are a wee bit slow. How many time have we had the 'your' discussion?
Apparently it get your attention every time and you still feel the need
to comment.

Jeebus, but you could screw up a 2-car funeral procession.
How come you don't post in ARK anymore, Pro? Get tired of being mocked
and taunted?

Mocked in a group that is a mockery, what is wrong with that given that
is its purpose?

I posted just this AM Prof. Just so you know, the rest of the world
typically has to work or deal with family issues so we don't have the
luxury of tech writer to be able to do nothing but post all day.

BTW Are you not tired of being wrong? Probably no more tired that you
are at using the same one liners overand over again ('screw up a 2-car
funeral procession') Get some new lines fat boy because I know you have
heard many more in your real life. Just be sure to keep your homoerotic
lines to yourself because I would rather you not proposition me again
with feletio.

-CAL

Old 04-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:21:06 GMT, cl wrote:

Probably no more tired that you
are at using the same one liners overand over again

snicker

Yeah, so you said. About forty times now.

Familiar with the concept of irony, Pro?

Old 04-03-2005, 08:24 PM
bk

"Dana H. Myers" wrote in message
bk wrote:
We've recently taken in a ten year old boy who insists on puting spicey
musterd based bbq sauce on everything.

I guess that's better than muss-turd sauce, but probably not
as nice as mustard sauce.

Thanks for the recipes and spelling lesson.
For one who couldn't spell his way out of a paper bag, I'm proud that the
readers understood my intent.

Old 04-03-2005, 09:11 PM

cl wrote:
"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

mustard. Could be worse - he could put ketchup on everything.

1/3 mustard
1/3 cider vinager
1/3 honey

You can heat it up to mix the flavors or just stir 'em together.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say 3 equal parts of mustard,cider
"vinager" and honey?

Oh your a tech writer, I forgot. Apparently one with a poetic license to
spell vinegar however he chooses.

ROTFLMAO Another example of why I haven't KF's you, CAL!

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Guajillo Sauce Base Gunner[_6_] Mexican Cooking 0 08-03-2008 08:05 PM
The Organic Tea Base Mr.Wang Tea 0 14-12-2004 08:08 AM
gum base? Kitty Bouquet General Cooking 5 07-10-2004 04:59 AM
Mustard base sauce Ol' Hippie Barbecue 9 04-07-2004 10:36 PM
Penzey's soup base vs. Redi-base Stark Raven General Cooking 5 16-12-2003 02:48 PM