cc0112453

Default Divorce is postponed (for now)

Thank you my BBQ friends I knew you would come to my aid. I think that several of you were correct about the amount of smoke I am using. I tend to over do everything from hot sauce to pepper. I have heard that the smoke coming out of your smoker should be thin and wispy with very little visible smoke. Mine looks like more like an industrial smoke stack, pre pollution controls. She is a delicate little thang. Guess I could compromise some. She has been good to me all these years. And thanks for the suggestions about the smaller cuts. I will be looking and talking to the butcher this weekend. And Hi to my old friend Graeme!

Doug in Olympia Washington
Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:45:26 -0800, "cc0112453"
> wrote:

<snip unreadable text>

In my newsreader each paragraph of your posts shows up as one
ginormous long line.

Abe

>In my newsreader each paragraph of your posts shows up as one
>ginormous long line.

----------
Yeah, he needs to set his newsreader to wrap lines at 76 to 80
characters.
Abe

----------
Yeah, he needs to set his newsreader to wrap lines at 76 to 80
characters.
Graeme...in London

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:45:26 -0800, "cc0112453"
> > wrote:
>
> <snip unreadable text>
>
> In my newsreader each paragraph of your posts shows up as one
> ginormous long line.

I'm willing to pay top dollar for a line that length.

Graeme

bk

"Abe" > wrote in message
> >In my newsreader each paragraph of your posts shows up as one
>>ginormous long line.

> ----------
> Yeah, he needs to set his newsreader to wrap lines at 76 to 80
> characters.

It shows up normal in mine.

John O

> It shows up normal in mine.

Ahh, the advantages of Outlook Express. :-)

-John O

Dana H. Myers

John O wrote:
>>It shows up normal in mine.

> Ahh, the advantages of Outlook Express. :-)

.... or Thunderbird.

Dana
cc0112453

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What's this about wrapping lines at 76 to 80. Lines of what? And what am I supposed to wrap them in? Just kidding. But seriously I don't see anything under tools to change the line wrap? Further help on this matter would be appreciated otherwise I'm afraid that what ever it is that is happening on your end will continue.

Doug
"cc0112453" > wrote in message ...
Thank you my BBQ friends I knew you would come to my aid. I think that several of you were correct about the amount of smoke I am using. I tend to over do everything from hot sauce to pepper. I have heard that the smoke coming out of your smoker should be thin and wispy with very little visible smoke. Mine looks like more like an industrial smoke stack, pre pollution controls. She is a delicate little thang. Guess I could compromise some. She has been good to me all these years. And thanks for the suggestions about the smaller cuts. I will be looking and talking to the butcher this weekend. And Hi to my old friend Graeme!

Doug in Olympia Washington
Dave Bugg

cc0112453 wrote:
> I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What's this about
> wrapping lines at 76 to 80. Lines of what? And what am I supposed
> to wrap them in? Just kidding. But seriously I don't see anything
> under tools to change the line wrap? Further help on this matter
> would be appreciated otherwise I'm afraid that what ever it is that
> is happening on your end will continue.

You also need to stop top-posting and using html. In OE up in the menu bar
click on:

"Tools". Then click on "Options". Next click on "Send". At the bottom of
the box that opens up, it has options for "News Sending Format". Click the
"Plain Text" circle. Then click on the "Plain Text Settings" box. There is
a place that says "Automatically wrap text at ____ characters when sending."
Enter a number between 72 and 78. Also click the selection labled "Indent
the original text with ____ when replying or forwarding. I suggest that you
select the " > " symbol for the blank, as that is the most universally used.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

cc0112453

How's that? and what is top posting. Is that entering your post at the top
of the list rather than the bottom? Thanks for the education. Bout time I
got some manners.

Doug

Dave Bugg

cc0112453 wrote:
> How's that? and what is top posting. Is that entering your post at
> the top of the list rather than the bottom? Thanks for the
> education. Bout time I got some manners.

Looking good, Doug. Your manners are fine, too. You're willing to learn, and
that's all that matters. It will help if you leave a bit of the text that
you are responding too, jsut as I did with your post. Glad your aboard.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Matthew L. Martin

cc0112453 wrote:
> I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What's this about
> wrapping lines at 76 to 80. Lines of what? And what am I supposed to
> wrap them in? Just kidding. But seriously I don't see anything under
> tools to change the line wrap? Further help on this matter would be
> appreciated otherwise I'm afraid that what ever it is that is happening
> on your end will continue.

You are doing two of the most annoying things on usenet:

1) Posting in HTML Please turn off HTML posting. Usenet discussion news
groups are text based. Many people will only see a large stream of
gobblygook characters when they view your posts.

B) Top posting.

Please don't top post.

No. I'm not singling you out.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Matthew L. Martin

cc0112453 wrote:
> I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What's this about
> wrapping lines at 76 to 80. Lines of what? And what am I supposed to
> wrap them in? Just kidding. But seriously I don't see anything under
> tools to change the line wrap? Further help on this matter would be
> appreciated otherwise I'm afraid that what ever it is that is happening
> on your end will continue.

You are doing two of the most annoying things on usenet:

1) Posting in HTML Please turn off HTML posting. Usenet discussion news
groups are text based. Many people will only see a large stream of
gobblygook characters when they view your posts.

B) Top posting.

Please don't top post.

No. I'm not singling you out.

>Dave: Oh! Now it makes sense to me. Okay! No more top-posting for me!
> Bob: It's annoying because it reverses the normal order of
> conversation. In fact, many people ignore top-posted articles.
>> Dave: What's so wrong with that?
>>> Bob: That's posting your response *before* the article you're
>>> quoting.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:56:09 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>cc0112453 wrote:
>> I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What's this about
>> wrapping lines at 76 to 80. Lines of what? And what am I supposed
>> to wrap them in? Just kidding. But seriously I don't see anything
>> under tools to change the line wrap? Further help on this matter
>> would be appreciated otherwise I'm afraid that what ever it is that
>> is happening on your end will continue.

>You also need to stop top-posting and using html. In OE up in the menu bar
>click on:
>
>"Tools". Then click on "Options". Next click on "Send". At the bottom of
>the box that opens up, it has options for "News Sending Format". Click the
>"Plain Text" circle. Then click on the "Plain Text Settings" box. There is
>a place that says "Automatically wrap text at ____ characters when sending."
>Enter a number between 72 and 78. Also click the selection labled "Indent
>the original text with ____ when replying or forwarding. I suggest that you
>select the " > " symbol for the blank, as that is the most universally used.

The shorter version, of course, is RTFM.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:18:37 -0800, "cc0112453"
> wrote:

>How's that? and what is top posting. Is that entering your post at the top
>of the list rather than the bottom? Thanks for the education. Bout time I
>got some manners.

Go here for an add-on to Outlook Express:

"OE-QuoteFix will extend the functionality of MS Outlook Express in
numerous ways! Its main purpose is to modify message composition
windows on-the-fly to allow for correct quoting and to change the
appearance of your plain-text replies and forwards in general: move
your signature, use compressed indentation, have RFC compliant
signatures, etc. But the second feature is equally practical:
OE-QuoteFix can instantly color quoted passages (according to the
level of indentation), fix bad quoting and generally beautify messages
as you view them in Outlook Express."

cc0112453

Thanks for the education guys. And to think I have been an A hole all this
time and didn't know it. That's kind of scary. Dave, I was checking out
your link to your BBQ place and thinking to myself "cheese, just my luck
this guy has to be in South Carolina or some where far away. Joy of joys to
discover that you are in the same state. I'm in Olympia. Guess I'll have
to make a pilgrimage over there. I can leave my wife behind and take my
son. He has my tastes in meat.

Doug

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> cc0112453 wrote:
>> I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What's this about
>> wrapping lines at 76 to 80. Lines of what? And what am I supposed to
>> wrap them in? Just kidding. But seriously I don't see anything under
>> tools to change the line wrap? Further help on this matter would be
>> appreciated otherwise I'm afraid that what ever it is that is happening
>> on your end will continue.

> You are doing two of the most annoying things on usenet:
>
> 1) Posting in HTML Please turn off HTML posting. Usenet discussion news
> groups are text based. Many people will only see a large stream of
> gobblygook characters when they view your posts.
>
> B) Top posting.
>
> Please don't top post.
>
> No. I'm not singling you out.
>
> >Dave: Oh! Now it makes sense to me. Okay! No more top-posting for me!
> > Bob: It's annoying because it reverses the normal order of
> > conversation. In fact, many people ignore top-posted articles.
> >> Dave: What's so wrong with that?

> --
> Matthew
>
> I'm a contractor. If you want an opinion, I'll sell you one.
> Which one do you want?

Matthew L. Martin

cc0112453 wrote:
> Thanks for the education guys. And to think I have been an A hole all this
> time and didn't know it. That's kind of scary. Dave, I was checking out
> your link to your BBQ place and thinking to myself "cheese, just my luck
> this guy has to be in South Carolina or some where far away. Joy of joys to
> discover that you are in the same state. I'm in Olympia. Guess I'll have
> to make a pilgrimage over there. I can leave my wife behind and take my
> son. He has my tastes in meat.
>
> Doug
>
> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
>
>>cc0112453 wrote:
>>
>>>I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What's this about
>>>wrapping lines at 76 to 80. Lines of what? And what am I supposed to
>>>wrap them in? Just kidding. But seriously I don't see anything under
>>>tools to change the line wrap? Further help on this matter would be
>>>appreciated otherwise I'm afraid that what ever it is that is happening
>>>on your end will continue.

>>You are doing two of the most annoying things on usenet:
>>
>>1) Posting in HTML Please turn off HTML posting. Usenet discussion news
>>groups are text based. Many people will only see a large stream of
>>gobblygook characters when they view your posts.
>>
>>B) Top posting.
>>
>>Please don't top post.
>>
>>No. I'm not singling you out.
>>
>> >Dave: Oh! Now it makes sense to me. Okay! No more top-posting for me!
>> > Bob: It's annoying because it reverses the normal order of
>> > conversation. In fact, many people ignore top-posted articles.

Top posting corrected.

> Thanks for the education guys. And to think I have been an A hole

all this
> time and didn't know it. That's kind of scary.

Please don't top post.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Harry in Iowa

"Matthew L. Martin" > held forth in
:

snip

> You are doing two of the most annoying things on usenet:
>
> 1) Posting in HTML Please turn off HTML posting. Usenet discussion news
> groups are text based. Many people will only see a large stream of
> gobblygook characters when they view your posts.
>
> B) Top posting.
>
> Please don't top post.
>
> No. I'm not singling you out.

snip

Matthew, YOU FORGOT TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

--
Harry in Iowa

Socially inept and proud of it.
cc0112453

Did I resolve the top posting issue? I'm trying to be good. I'm still not
absolutely certain what you mean my top posting. I am assuming that it
means to post at the top of the list but I'm not certain how to not do that.
If this is being top posted let me know. I'm not a newbie, more like a
dumbie.

Doug

"Harry in Iowa" > wrote in message
. 136...
> "Matthew L. Martin" > held forth in
> :
>
> snip
>
>> You are doing two of the most annoying things on usenet:
>>
>> 1) Posting in HTML Please turn off HTML posting. Usenet discussion news
>> groups are text based. Many people will only see a large stream of
>> gobblygook characters when they view your posts.
>>
>> B) Top posting.
>>
>> Please don't top post.
>>
>> No. I'm not singling you out.
>>

> snip
>
> Matthew, YOU FORGOT TYPING IN ALL CAPS.
>

> --
> Harry in Iowa
>
> Socially inept and proud of it.

simply me

Yuppers, ya just top posted again.
next time try bottom posting :-) it'll make a lot mo friends that ways.

Q-head

BOB

cc0112453 wrote:
> Did I resolve the top posting issue? I'm trying to be
> good. I'm still not absolutely certain what you mean my
> top posting. I am assuming that it means to post at the
> top of the list but I'm not certain how to not do that.
> If this is being top posted let me know. I'm not a
> newbie, more like a dumbie.
> Doug

Check he

Then he
http://www.elsop.com/wrc/humor/newsfool.htm

Have a nice day.

BOB

anon

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:26:37 -0800, cc0112453 > wrote:

> Did I resolve the top posting issue? I'm trying to be good. I'm still not
> absolutely certain what you mean my top posting. I am assuming that it
> means to post at the top of the list but I'm not certain how to not do that.
> If this is being top posted let me know. I'm not a newbie, more like a
> dumbie.
>
> Doug

Don't worry about it, Doug. Just killfile each and every freak that
harrasses you about top-posting, as I have, and I guarantee that your
enjoyment of this newsgroup will increase ten-fold. They do not speak
for the rest of the newsgroup, the 99% who are helpful and civil.
Matthew L. Martin

anon wrote:

> Don't worry about it, Doug. Just killfile each and every freak that
> harrasses you about top-posting, as I have, and I guarantee that your
> enjoyment of this newsgroup will increase ten-fold. They do not speak
> for the rest of the newsgroup, the 99% who are helpful and civil.

I don't think you speak for 99% of the ng posters.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Matthew L. Martin

anon wrote:

> Don't worry about it, Doug. Just killfile each and every freak that
> harrasses you about top-posting, as I have, and I guarantee that your
> enjoyment of this newsgroup will increase ten-fold. They do not speak
> for the rest of the newsgroup, the 99% who are helpful and civil.

I don't think you speak for 99% of the ng posters.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?

cl

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote:

> anon wrote:
>

> > Don't worry about it, Doug. Just killfile each and every freak that
> > harrasses you about top-posting, as I have, and I guarantee that your
> > enjoyment of this newsgroup will increase ten-fold. They do not speak
> > for the rest of the newsgroup, the 99% who are helpful and civil.

> I don't think you speak for 99% of the ng posters.

How do you know, he may have everyone but dougfollett KFed so his/her
99% is different from ours.

-CAL
Kevin S. Wilson

On 4 Mar 2005 11:51:54 GMT, anon > wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:26:37 -0800, cc0112453 > wrote:
>
>> Did I resolve the top posting issue? I'm trying to be good. I'm still not
>> absolutely certain what you mean my top posting. I am assuming that it
>> means to post at the top of the list but I'm not certain how to not do that.
>> If this is being top posted let me know. I'm not a newbie, more like a
>> dumbie.
>>
>> Doug

>Don't worry about it, Doug. Just killfile each and every freak that
>harrasses you about top-posting, as I have, and I guarantee that your
>enjoyment of this newsgroup will increase ten-fold.

Now, isn't that cute? In his fourth post to AFB, Mr. Anonymous from
Nowhere rears up on his hind legs to tell us all how the world works
while lying about the contents of his killfile.

> They do not speak
>for the rest of the newsgroup, the 99% who are helpful and civil.

Let's take a look at Mr. Anonymous from Nowhere's "helfpul and civil"
contributions to AFB, shall we?

********************
anon Aug 15 2004, 8:09 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.food.barbecue
From: anon > - Find messages by this author
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:09:50 -0700
Subject: Lump plus
| Report Abuse

In article > , Dana
Myers wrote:

> That's almost a good reason, if anyone actually needed another one,
> to move the SF Bay Area.

Yes, I would like a reason to step even one foot in the Bay Area. Is
it the ridiculous housing prices? Or the high crime and unemployment?
The muggy weather? The *** bars? Come on. Make me laugh.

******************************
anon Feb 12, 3:00 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.food.barbecue
From: anon > - Find messages by this author
Date: 12 Feb 2005 23:00:40 GMT
Subject: Ole Hickory Pits and Service
original | Report Abuse

So a rude email from some flunkey in customer service caused you to
threaten legal action against his company, and to cease business with
them? You definitely burned some bridges there, for no reason. To
quote the Preacher: "Vanity, vanity, all is vanity."

************************
anon Oct 27 2004, 10:26 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.food.barbecue
From: anon > - Find messages by this author
Date: 28 Oct 2004 05:26:06 GMT
Subject: brisket to wrap or not to wrap
| Report Abuse

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:16:29 -0500, Skinner >
wrote:
> wrap in foil or not, that is the question. Any advise?

Put the foil INSIDE the brisket before cooking; that way you get the
best of both worlds: the tenderness of foil and the taste of foil.
*************************

That's quite a collection of "helpful and civil" posts from you, Mr.
Anonymous from Nowhere. Care to point out which ones are helpful and
which are civil?

Kevin S. Wilson

On 4 Mar 2005 11:51:54 GMT, anon > wrote:

<snip loony rant from an anonymous coward>

Do the folks at anonn.com know that you're forging ?

" BOB" > wrote:
> cc0112453 wrote:
> > Did I resolve the top posting issue? I'm trying to be
> > good. I'm still not absolutely certain what you mean my
> > top posting. I am assuming that it means to post at the
> > top of the list but I'm not certain how to not do that.
> > If this is being top posted let me know. I'm not a
> > newbie, more like a dumbie.
> > Doug

> Check he
> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
>
> Then he
> http://www.elsop.com/wrc/humor/newsfool.htm

Good links, BOB!

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

anon > wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:26:37 -0800, cc0112453
> > wrote:
>
> > Did I resolve the top posting issue? I'm trying to be good. I'm still
> > not absolutely certain what you mean my top posting. I am assuming
> > that it means to post at the top of the list but I'm not certain how to
> > not do that. If this is being top posted let me know. I'm not a
> > newbie, more like a dumbie.
> >
> > Doug

> Don't worry about it, Doug. Just killfile each and every freak that
> harrasses you about top-posting, as I have, and I guarantee that your
> enjoyment of this newsgroup will increase ten-fold. They do not speak
> for the rest of the newsgroup, the 99% who are helpful and civil.

And you can be sure that "anon >" stands behind every word
it says!

" BOB" > wrote:
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Check he

> >> Then he
> >> http://www.elsop.com/wrc/humor/newsfool.htm
> >>

> > Good links, BOB!
> >

> Thanks, Nick.
>
> Maybe we need to take turns posting these links to all the top-posters
> and troll-wanna-be's.

I didn't save them, but saved the text from
http://www.elsop.com/wrc/humor/newsfool.htm

Maybe they should be added to the a.f.b FAQ ;-/

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/