Fyrepup

Default Blackberry and Bluebreey

Hi all...

Does anyone have any experience smoking with blackberry (thornless) or
blueberry wood? I have some friends who own a farm with both. Pruning season
is quickly approaching and I was wondering if I was on to something...

Thanks for the kind replies.

Matt

Larry

Using a blackberry can be quite enjoyable.
It can bring a sense of calm.
The drawback is plastic flavor it gives to Pork.

Larry

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:53:39 -0500, "Fyrepup" >
wrote:

>Hi all...
>
>Does anyone have any experience smoking with blackberry (thornless) or
>blueberry wood? I have some friends who own a farm with both. Pruning season
>is quickly approaching and I was wondering if I was on to something...
>
>Thanks for the kind replies.
>
>Matt

Fyrepup

Cute, Really cute.

Anyone have a real answer?

Matt

"Larry" > wrote in message
> Using a blackberry can be quite enjoyable.
> It can bring a sense of calm.
> The drawback is plastic flavor it gives to Pork.
>
> Larry
>
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:53:39 -0500, "Fyrepup" >
> wrote:
>
>>Hi all...
>>
>>Does anyone have any experience smoking with blackberry (thornless) or
>>blueberry wood? I have some friends who own a farm with both. Pruning
>>season
>>is quickly approaching and I was wondering if I was on to something...
>>
>>Thanks for the kind replies.
>>
>>Matt

Piedmont

Fyrepup wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> Does anyone have any experience smoking with blackberry (thornless) or
> blueberry wood? I have some friends who own a farm with both. Pruning season
> is quickly approaching and I was wondering if I was on to something...
>
> Thanks for the kind replies.
>
> Matt

As I usually say in these matters, try it out on cheap chicken leg
quarters. If you like, then kick it up a notch!

--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Please visit my MSN Group: "The Practical Bar B Q'r", A great barbecue
resource; Filled with links and down-loadable documents on building or
buying a cooker, recipes, and links to other great bbq sites. Free
membership to all!

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:22:55 -0500, "Fyrepup" >
wrote:

>Cute, Really cute.
>
>Anyone have a real answer?

Yes. Any tree or bush that bears fruit is probably okay for smoking.

Now please stop top posting and full quoting.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho

Steve House

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:22:55 -0500, "Fyrepup" >
> wrote:
>
>>Cute, Really cute.
>>
>>Anyone have a real answer?
>>

> Yes. Any tree or bush that bears fruit is probably okay for smoking.

FYI - top posting is far more easily read than "interleaved" posting.

> Now please stop top posting and full quoting.

See how much you have to look around to find these comments buried in the
middle of the previous message's text?

> --
> Kevin S. Wilson
> Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho

Wouldn't this reply have been far more readable if my comments were in one
or two contiguous paragraphs at the top of the page?
> "When you can't do something completely impractical and intrinsically

Even adding additional line feeds to set off my comments with blank lines
would not have made it signifigantly better.
> useless *yourself*, you go get the Kibologists to do it for you." --J.
> Furr

Many news servers delete messages after only a few days. Full quoting
allows a reader of the latest messages in a thread to refer back over a
message history that might otherwise be unavailable. The preference for not
full quoting made sense in the days when a 2400 baud dial-up connection was
high speed and a huge disk stored 5 meg of data and cost two kilobucks. It
doesn't make sense now in the days of megabit residential connections and
data storage cheaper by weight than good potting soil.

Matthew L. Martin

Steve House wrote:

> Many news servers delete messages after only a few days.

The reason some news servers have such short retention policies is due
to space restrictions. Full quoting exacerbates the problem. If a person
really requires more context than is left after trimming, google is
often their friend.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Duwop

"Steve House" > wrote in message

> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> >>

> > Yes. Any tree or bush that bears fruit is probably okay for smoking.

> FYI - top posting is far more easily read than "interleaved" posting.
> >
> > Now please stop top posting and full quoting.

> See how much you have to look around to find these comments buried in the
> middle of the previous message's text?

Ah, but put a line between them and it becomes very easy. So your example,
while nicely self serving, isn't pertintant to the real world where most
people do put a line between.

> > --
> > Kevin S. Wilson
> > Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho

> Wouldn't this reply have been far more readable if my comments were in one
> or two contiguous paragraphs at the top of the page?

Or simply added a line between as I've done for you. You're welcome.

> > "When you can't do something completely impractical and intrinsically

> Even adding additional line feeds to set off my comments with blank lines
> would not have made it signifigantly better.

Again with your self serving example

> Many news servers delete messages after only a few days.

I'm not familiar with any servers that lose article that quickly on *text*
newsgroups. Have seen that low a retention on very busy binary groups of
course, but not fairly low traffic text newgroups like this one as you
assert.

<Remainder of self serving argument snipped>

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:31:52 -0500, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>Steve House wrote:
>

>> Many news servers delete messages after only a few days.

>The reason some news servers have such short retention policies is due
>to space restrictions. Full quoting exacerbates the problem. If a person
>really requires more context than is left after trimming, google is
>often their friend.

He knows that. He's just being an ass becaue his time and convenience
are more important than that of his readers.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:52:49 -0800, "Duwop" >
wrote:

>I'm not familiar with any servers that lose article that quickly on *text*
>newsgroups. Have seen that low a retention on very busy binary groups of
>course, but not fairly low traffic text newgroups like this one as you
>assert.

He knows that. He's just being an ass because his time and convenience
are more important than that of his readers.

><Remainder of self serving argument snipped>

You forgot the quotation marks around "argument."

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:11:46 -0500, "Steve House"
> wrote:

>> Kevin S. Wilson

Tech Writer AND at PURPOSELY a university INSERTING somewhere in Idaho
Wouldn't MY this reply REPLY INTO have been SOMEBODY'S far more
readable SIGNATURE if my MAKES comments MY were in one
or REPLY two ALL contiguous BUT paragraphs UNREADABLE at the top of
the page?
>> "When you can't do something completely impractical and intrinsically

..effect same the has backwards something Posting. ?point a have you
Did.
>Even adding additional line feeds to set off my comments with blank lines
>would not have made it signifigantly better.

Bullshit. But you knew that already, right?

Steve House

"Duwop" > wrote in message

>> Many news servers delete messages after only a few days.

> I'm not familiar with any servers that lose article that quickly on *text*
> newsgroups. Have seen that low a retention on very busy binary groups of
> course, but not fairly low traffic text newgroups like this one as you
> assert.

The earliest message from this particular newsgroup that is in the available
message base on my ISP's server is timestamped 21 Feb at 22:11. I read that
as about a 1.5 day retention time in a *text* newsgroup and that's from one
of Canada's largest and most active internet providers. (That's also the
reason I use a separate subscription newserver.) The point is that top
posting is not the cardinal sin that some people make it out to be and there
are, in fact, a number of very good reasons to encourage it. Since Kevin
alleges he is a writer by trade, he of all people should appreciate the fact
that a contiguous paragraph communicates ideas much more effectively than
text interjected here and there around quoted material. A newsgroup posting
is far more akin to a letter or an essay than it is to a conversation and
"interleaved" replies read more like margin notes than cohesive discussion.
And lest someone is tempted to charge "freakin' newbie" or some similar
intelligent analysis of my position, I've been active participating in
online communities since 1982 and have long experience with message forums
where each style of posting is the norm. Having seen both in action for
many years, in my opinion top posting (or bottom posting but with all the
reply material in ONE place) simply communicates ideas better. Top posting
has the added advantage that in a lengthy thread, the newest material is
presented first.

Steve House

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:57:54 -0500, "Steve House"
> wrote:

>Since Kevin alleges he is a writer by trade,

Alleges? You looking for some kind of proof?

> he of all people should appreciate the fact
>that a contiguous paragraph communicates ideas much more effectively than
>text interjected here and there around quoted material.

Don't put words in my mouth. You're standing in a large vat of wrong,
wrong, wrongity wrong and it is rapidly being filled by a tanker truck
full of more wrong.

Duwop

"Steve House" > wrote in message

> "Duwop" > wrote in message
> >
> >> Many news servers delete messages after only a few days.

> > I'm not familiar with any servers that lose article that quickly on

*text*
> > newsgroups. Have seen that low a retention on very busy binary groups of
> > course, but not fairly low traffic text newgroups like this one as you
> > assert.
> >

> The earliest message from this particular newsgroup that is in the

available
> message base on my ISP's server is timestamped 21 Feb at 22:11. I read

that
> as about a 1.5 day retention time in a *text* newsgroup and that's from

one
> of Canada's largest and most active internet providers.

*Internet* providers. Hell AOL just dropped usenet entirely. But you said
*most*, not *one of Canada's largest ISP's*. But this is stupid quibbling
either way, the few bytes you posit as so important is quibbling as well.
So let's move on.

>(That's also the
> reason I use a separate subscription newserver.) The point is that top
> posting is not the cardinal sin that some people make it out to be and

there
> are, in fact, a number of very good reasons to encourage it.

Well, instances where it works well is how I'd phrase it. Agree it's not a
cardinal sin. One time it's appropriate is when a person insists on not
snipping a long post and replying with a "me too" or other one line comment,
putting the reply on top would be better than making us scroll through the
long post to read the writers witty reply.

Since Kevin
> alleges he is a writer by trade, he of all people should appreciate the

fact
> that a contiguous paragraph communicates ideas much more effectively than
> text interjected here and there around quoted material.

Again with your absolutes. There a time and place for everything. Do you
disagree with the assertion than in longer multi idea threads that
interleaved works better?

>A newsgroup posting
> is far more akin to a letter

"can be" more akin. "sometimes is" not always as you want to make out for
your arguments sake.

> intelligent analysis of my position, I've been active participating in
> online communities since 1982 and have long experience with message forums
> where each style of posting is the norm.

Ahh, so you know different groups have different dynamics and norms then!
No, then again I suppose you don't since we're having this conversation.

>Having seen both in action for
> many years, in my opinion top posting (or bottom posting but with all the
> reply material in ONE place) simply communicates ideas better. Top posting
> has the added advantage that in a lengthy thread, the newest material is
> presented first.
>
> Steve House

I strongly disagree with your assertion as it's not always obvious to what
point or even person the writer is replying to. Hell, the above is a good
example of how well interleaved works.
Steve you are in the minority. However if you are able to make yourself
understood using whatever method you prefer *based* on the conversation at
hand and not some dogmatic approach, AND not make a big deal about it and
just shut the hell up if someone happens to say something, then everybody
will be happy. If you pay attention there's a few long time posters here
that normally top post *WHEN APROPRIATE*, and they're left alone. Most of
this netiquette stuff is reserved for newer people to let them know what the
LOCAL norm is and to HELP that person not aggravate some.

However if you make a big ****ing public case about it and drone on
endlessly about how your rights are being abused and how stupid the people
here must be to prefer that posting style, and just how perfectly right you
are, and generally just argumentative and abrasive, well, do you expect to
be welcome, or just welcomed to a bunch of strangers killfiles?

You do make yourself sound very dogmatic and argumentative so I'm not too
hopeful.

Dale

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:57:54 -0500, "Steve House"
> > wrote:
>
> >Since Kevin alleges he is a writer by trade,

> Alleges? You looking for some kind of proof?

Can you really group a tech writer into the group of writers? One is a
master of complicated dictation and the other creates.

> > he of all people should appreciate the fact
> >that a contiguous paragraph communicates ideas much more effectively than
> >text interjected here and there around quoted material.

> Don't put words in my mouth. You're standing in a large vat of wrong,
> wrong, wrongity wrong and it is rapidly being filled by a tanker truck
> full of more wrong.

And then grandma yell "Sueeyy" and Kevin went racing back to the pen.

I don't know why, but that seemed appropriate.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:32:55 GMT, cl > wrote:

>Can you really group a tech writer into the group of writers? One is a
>master of complicated dictation and the other creates.

Your ignorance is truly vast and endless, isn't it? Don't you ever
tire of making an ass of yourself in public?

PS: Why don't you post in ARK anymore? Didn't like the spanking you
got there, Jerko?

Matthew L. Martin

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:32:55 GMT, cl > wrote:
>

>>Can you really group a tech writer into the group of writers? One is a
>>master of complicated dictation and the other creates.

> Your ignorance is truly vast and endless, isn't it? Don't you ever
> tire of making an ass of yourself in public?
>
> PS: Why don't you post in ARK anymore? Didn't like the spanking you
> got there, Jerko?

What newsgroups in which he participates does he not get spanked?

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:07:15 -0500, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:32:55 GMT, cl > wrote:
>>

>>>Can you really group a tech writer into the group of writers? One is a
>>>master of complicated dictation and the other creates.

>> Your ignorance is truly vast and endless, isn't it? Don't you ever
>> tire of making an ass of yourself in public?
>>
>> PS: Why don't you post in ARK anymore? Didn't like the spanking you
>> got there, Jerko?
>>

>What newsgroups in which he participates does he not get spanked?

I've only seen him get soundly spanked here and in ARK, though I
suspect it's a common occurence in every group he posts to. I dunno.
It's not like I follow him around from group to group just to hump his
leg like . . . Oh. Well, like CAL.

Stacia and Shelli sure did hand him his head in ARK. <snicker>

PS, CAL: REQUESTS FOR CONSIDERATION!
Steve House

"cl" > wrote in message

> "Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:57:54 -0500, "Steve House"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Since Kevin alleges he is a writer by trade,

>> Alleges? You looking for some kind of proof?

> Can you really group a tech writer into the group of writers? One is a
> master of complicated dictation and the other creates.

I'd hope a tech writer is classed as a writer, albeit a reporter of fact
rather than a creator of fiction. The basic job of a tech writer is to make
complex topics understandable to the reader. If anything, clarity and
succinctness of writing style would be a paramount virtue.

Steve

Fyrepup

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> Fyrepup wrote:
>> Hi all...
>>
>> Does anyone have any experience smoking with blackberry (thornless) or
>> blueberry wood? I have some friends who own a farm with both. Pruning
>> season is quickly approaching and I was wondering if I was on to
>> something...
>>
>> Thanks for the kind replies.
>>
>> Matt

> As I usually say in these matters, try it out on cheap chicken leg
> quarters. If you like, then kick it up a notch!
>
> --
> Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)
>
> Please visit my MSN Group: "The Practical Bar B Q'r", A great barbecue
> resource; Filled with links and down-loadable documents on building or
> buying a cooker, recipes, and links to other great bbq sites. Free
> membership to all!
>
> http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Thanks for the info. All I wanted was to see if someone had tried this
before. I in no means meant to create such a shitstorm.

I'm always looking for something new to make my cue better whether it's a
new rub or sauce. Since I had this means of obtaining this resource, I
wanted to see if it was worth it.

I'll try it on something cheap and let you know.

John O

>> Can you really group a tech writer into the group of writers? One is a
>> master of complicated dictation and the other creates.
>>

> I'd hope a tech writer is classed as a writer, albeit a reporter of fact
> rather than a creator of fiction. The basic job of a tech writer is to
> make complex topics understandable to the reader. If anything, clarity
> and succinctness of writing style would be a paramount virtue.

One strives to be understood and develop understanding; the other is
painting pictures and telling stories. Or something like that.

IMO Mike Meyers and Mark Minasi work harder than Steven King and Tom Clancy.
:-)

-John O

Dan Krueger

Please don't put anything in Kevin's mouth! After stocking up on Hostess
products after the bankruptcy filing, there is simply no more room! Too many
more crumbs on his ant-infested keyboard and the master of trolling can't share
his wisdom and cool catch phrases:

"humping my leg" and other variations
"pro"
"I'm black"
"Jerko"
"IFYPFY" Cult speak
"get all snarky"
And everyone's favorite...
"But you knew that already, right?"

I guess tech writers (whatever that is) don't have to be original just negative
and abusive.

And now he is afraid cultmaster Kibby will look down on him...

"BTW, why the crosspost into ARK, bozo? I thought you geezers in AFB
thought crossposting was more evil than Hitler. I'm sure you had a
good reason, though."

This top post is dedicated to the undisputed king of ****ing people off.

Dank (that's his pet name for me!)

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:57:54 -0500, "Steve House"
> > wrote:
>

>>Since Kevin alleges he is a writer by trade,

> Alleges? You looking for some kind of proof?
>

>>he of all people should appreciate the fact
>>that a contiguous paragraph communicates ideas much more effectively than
>>text interjected here and there around quoted material.

> Don't put words in my mouth. You're standing in a large vat of wrong,
> wrong, wrongity wrong and it is rapidly being filled by a tanker truck
> full of more wrong.

Steve House

"Duwop" > wrote in message
news
>Again with your absolutes. There a time and place for everything. Do you
>disagree with the assertion than in longer multi idea threads that
>interleaved works better?

Actually yes, I do disagree with that assertion. In multi-idea threads I
find it even more important to have a participant's contributions to the
thread in a single location in the message, composed as a more tightly
organized block of text rather than disjointed a bursts of text here and
there. Reading an interleaved posting is rather like a written version of
trying to converse coherently with someone while they're watching their
favourite TV program and who will only pay attention to the conversation
during the commercials. Having to jump from one place to another in the
message to find the pieces and put them together makes it more difficult to
follow the poster's ideas.

> However if you make a big ****ing public case about it and drone on
> endlessly about how your rights are being abused and how stupid the people
> here must be to prefer that posting style, and just how perfectly right
> you
> are, and generally just argumentative and abrasive, well, do you expect to
> be welcome, or just welcomed to a bunch of strangers killfiles?

Let's see, where did I drone on about how my rights were being abused?
Where did I say people here were stupid? I don't recall making either
statement. Gee, if we had been top posting all along we'd have the whole
thread right here in this handy little window and all it would take would be
a couple of finger strokes on the mouse and you could point out those
instances without having to re-download messages, etc, and search for them.
But don't bother searching - I've not made either statement, either directly
or by implication, I can assure you. As for being dogmatic, I entered the
conversation in response to Kevin's message to another poster ordering them
to stop top posting, pointing out that top posting has good points in terms
of readability to recommend it. And I might add, my discussion has been
brief and in a consistently polite and reasonable tone, far different from
the tone of your response accusing me of making it a "big ****ing public
case."

There certainly has been some name calling in this thread, all right. "He
knows that. He's just being an ass becaue his time and convenience are more
important than that of his readers." Gee, let's see - in that message
someone is certainly calling someone an ass? Was that Steve making the ad
hominum attack?

> You do make yourself sound very dogmatic and argumentative so I'm not too
> hopeful

"Bullshit. but you knew that already, right?" Gosh, that one sure does
sound dogmatic! I wonder who wrote it? Was it Steve, do you think?

What may we deduce from those two quoted statements as to who here believes
he possesses the keys to the kingdom?

Steve

Duwop

"Steve House" > wrote in message
> "Duwop" > wrote in message
> news >
> >Again with your absolutes. There a time and place for everything. Do you
> >disagree with the assertion than in longer multi idea threads that
> >interleaved works better?

> Actually yes, I do disagree with that assertion.

Then you are in the minority, recognize it.

> > However if you make a big ****ing public case about it and drone on
> > endlessly about how your rights are being abused and how stupid the

people
> > here must be to prefer that posting style, and just how perfectly right
> > you
> > are, and generally just argumentative and abrasive, well, do you expect

> > be welcome, or just welcomed to a bunch of strangers killfiles?
> >

> Let's see, where did I drone on about how my rights were being abused?
> Where did I say people here were stupid? I don't recall making either
> statement.

Sorry but that's where most of these conversations go. I knew you'd get
some mileage out of it let's see how much you try to squeeze as that's where
most of these discussion go. I still got one out of three "argumentative"
and that makes me a successful MLB hitter.

We have way too many of these discussions here. Yours it better worded but
still dumb for reasons I've already mentioned but you want to ignore,
troll.

>Gee, if we had been top posting all along we'd have the whole
> thread right here in this handy little window and all it would take would

be
> a couple of finger strokes on the mouse and you could point out those
> instances without having to re-download messages, etc, and search for

them.

You are full of shit arent you? Just making up arguments to fit whatever
pops into your head. Bah, you're plonked after this one fool.

> But don't bother searching - I've not made either statement, either

directly
> or by implication, I can assure you.

>As for being dogmatic,

Your definitions served thank you. Although I note your response is
interleaved, which gives hope that your actions are wiser than your words.

>I entered the
> conversation in response to Kevin's message to another poster ordering

them
> to stop top posting, pointing out that top posting has good points in

terms
> of readability to recommend it. And I might add, my discussion has been
> brief and in a consistently polite and reasonable tone, far different from
> the tone of your response accusing me of making it a "big ****ing public
> case."

Oh you are trying to squeeze every drop out of that arent you? Don't have
much worthwhile to say then? Yes, as previously mentioned I preemptively
made you guilty of the sins of previous topposters. Prove me wrong instead
of complaining about it why don't you?

<snip complaints about people in my k/f>

> Steve

I notice you snipped where I tried to be helpful and left only those things
you wanted to argue about. Let's say that telling. Essentially you and Kevin
seem to be cut of the same cloth, guess who else is in my k/f ?

Thanks, buh-bye

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:32:55 GMT, cl > wrote:
>
> >Can you really group a tech writer into the group of writers? One is a
> >master of complicated dictation and the other creates.

> Your ignorance is truly vast and endless, isn't it? Don't you ever
> tire of making an ass of yourself in public?

Your really delusional on your belief of how many support you.

Well, here is you soapbox. Let's hear some details on publications that
you have authored and get credit for. Rehashing and documenting other
people's material does not count.

> PS: Why don't you post in ARK anymore? Didn't like the spanking you
> got there, Jerko?

I'm sorry Kevie but your wrong again in your beliefs. I have been
posting in ARK and dont quite have that rosey ass that you are dreaming
of. The fact that you have not been 'humping my leg' in ARK is the
reason my post volume has been low. See, you are the dweeb, not me, that
does the 'netstalking. I just happen to feel obliged to reply, that is
my major mistake.

BTW, what are you Kevin, a 'net hooker? Your inclusion of fetish
material and innuendo is increasing in volume. First you proposition
felatio, lots of leg humping, poking with a pointy stick, JerkO_ff and
now spanking. Are you so bitter because of an unexpressed sexual
identity?

-CAL

BOB

Fyrepup wrote:

> Thanks for the info. All I wanted was to see if someone
> had tried this before. I in no means meant to create such
> a shitstorm.
> I'm always looking for something new to make my cue
> better whether it's a new rub or sauce. Since I had this
> means of obtaining this resource, I wanted to see if it
> was worth it.
> I'll try it on something cheap and let you know.

I don't see a problem with your question. You have to understand that
some people will argue about anything, some think that any newsgroup is
their own playground and everyone has to follow 'their' rules. If "they"
want to argue and crosspost, it's OK, but if someone else misplaces a
punctuation mark or suggests that "they" might not have the correct
information or method, God help us all.

BUT, this newsgroup does have a few accepted traditions, for example,
don't top-post, don't boil your meat before you cook it, and barbecue
can't be made in an oven.

I'd be interested in hearing about your results with the blackberry.

BOB

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:43:51 GMT, cl > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:32:55 GMT, cl > wrote:
>>
>> >Can you really group a tech writer into the group of writers? One is a
>> >master of complicated dictation and the other creates.

>> Your ignorance is truly vast and endless, isn't it? Don't you ever
>> tire of making an ass of yourself in public?

>Your really delusional on your belief of how many support you.
>
>Well, here is you soapbox. Let's hear some details on publications that
>you have authored and get credit for. Rehashing and documenting other
>people's material does not count.

<snicker>

Unbelievably sad. First it was SAT scores that you wanted to compare.
Then it was MENSA membership and IQs. Then it was <bwhahaha> salaries.
You really are a sad, inadequate man woefully aware of his inadequacy
and all too eager to try to "prove" that you are not.

>> PS: Why don't you post in ARK anymore? Didn't like the spanking you
>> got there, Jerko?

>I'm sorry Kevie but your wrong again in your beliefs. I have been
>posting in ARK and dont quite have that rosey ass that you are dreaming
>of. The fact that you have not been 'humping my leg' in ARK is the
>reason my post volume has been low. See, you are the dweeb, not me, that
>does the 'netstalking. I just happen to feel obliged to reply, that is
>my major mistake.

Your foray into ARK resulted in your being thoroughly trolled, then
verbally slapped by a dozen different people. You were laughed at,
repeatedly. But don't despair. You can continue to converse with the
Net Loon [HAMMOND].

>BTW, what are you Kevin, a 'net hooker? Your inclusion of fetish
>material and innuendo is increasing in volume. First you proposition
>felatio, lots of leg humping, poking with a pointy stick, JerkO_ff and
>now spanking. Are you so bitter because of an unexpressed sexual
>identity?

You really should talk to a mental-health professional about your
fixation on my sex life.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:56:24 -0500, "Steve House"
> wrote:

>"cl" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:57:54 -0500, "Steve House"

>>> Alleges? You looking for some kind of proof?

>> Can you really group a tech writer into the group of writers? One is a
>> master of complicated dictation and the other creates.
>>

>I'd hope a tech writer is classed as a writer, albeit a reporter of fact
>rather than a creator of fiction. The basic job of a tech writer is to make
>complex topics understandable to the reader. If anything, clarity and
>succinctness of writing style would be a paramount virtue.

Would it help you to understand the extent of CAL's ignorance and
confusion if you knew that he and Kent job-share as AFB's Village
Idiot? At the very least, it might save you the trouble of trying to
reason with a moron.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:51:49 -0500, "Steve House"
> wrote:

>As for being dogmatic, I entered the
>conversation in response to Kevin's message to another poster ordering them
>to stop top posting,

Show me where I "ordered" someone to stop top-posting. Or else STFU. I
believe I already told you to stop putting words in my mouth.

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> >Well, here is you soapbox. Let's hear some details on publications that
> >you have authored and get credit for. Rehashing and documenting other
> >people's material does not count.

> <snicker>

Why are you evading the question? You love to talk so why not take the
chance to showoff? Lets hear it slick. What have you authored that
proves you are capable of more that just rehashing someone elses
thought?

> Unbelievably sad. First it was SAT scores that you wanted to compare.
> Then it was MENSA membership and IQs. Then it was <bwhahaha> salaries.

Excuse me?? You have your facts WRONG again. You had your little SAT and
salary ****ing contest with someone else and your the one that that
wished to compare intelligence (hint: you like to call people idiots). I
called you on the SAT and asked you to post IQ, no comparison.

Some of Kevins grand comments:

"People smarter than he (and by that I mean those who don't need to be
reminded to breathe)-Kevin to TFM"

"Are we going to have to begin comparing SAT scores now? -Kevin to Dan
Kreuger"
Dan responded:"Want to compare paychecks, writerboy??? "

You are delusional or a liar. Which is it?

> You really are a sad, inadequate man woefully aware of his inadequacy
> and all too eager to try to "prove" that you are not.

I have nothing to prove. You must be gazing into the looking glass...

> >BTW, what are you Kevin, a 'net hooker? Your inclusion of fetish
> >material and innuendo is increasing in volume. First you proposition
> >felatio, lots of leg humping, poking with a pointy stick, JerkO_ff and
> >now spanking. Are you so bitter because of an unexpressed sexual
> >identity?

> You really should talk to a mental-health professional about your
> fixation on my sex life.

Oh my! Yeah the thought of a bitter fat guy with the personality of a
tech writer/teacher exudes sexuality.

-CAL

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:51:49 -0500, "Steve House"
> > wrote:
>
> >As for being dogmatic, I entered the
> >conversation in response to Kevin's message to another poster ordering them
> >to stop top posting,

> Show me where I "ordered" someone to stop top-posting. Or else STFU. I
> believe I already told you to stop putting words in my mouth.

Such a sweet guy that Kevin is.
cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:56:24 -0500, "Steve House"
> > wrote:

> >> Can you really group a tech writer into the group of writers? One is a
> >> master of complicated dictation and the other creates.

> >I'd hope a tech writer is classed as a writer, albeit a reporter of fact
> >rather than a creator of fiction. The basic job of a tech writer is to make
> >complex topics understandable to the reader. If anything, clarity and
> >succinctness of writing style would be a paramount virtue.

To Steve: Sure they are writers but Kevin is a tech writer -at a school-
and proclaims his genius status in his 'net swagger and talk. I'm asking
for him to put up a little evidence. So far the only comebacks are
insults or the mentioning of his shared patent for a snowmobile winch.
Neither proves much to erase the visual I have of him operating a
mimeograph machine running off tests or class material for a bunch of
grad students at Boise State.

> Would it help you to understand the extent of CAL's ignorance and
> confusion if you knew that he and Kent job-share as AFB's Village
> Idiot? At the very least, it might save you the trouble of trying to
> reason with a moron.

There is that superiority complex again calling people an "Idiot" and
"moron". See, I just want Kevin to prove he is above us all by showing
the fruits of his superior intellect. That is all. What do you want to
bet that he ignores the question or has a snide comeback?

_CAL
Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:24:28 GMT, cl > wrote:

>To Steve: Sure they are writers but Kevin is a tech writer -at a school-

"At a school"? Please. Stop while you're ahead. Don't go on and prove
yourself to be one of those mouthbreathers who draw a distinction
between academia and the "real" world.

>and proclaims his genius status in his 'net swagger and talk. I'm asking
>for him to put up a little evidence. So far the only comebacks are
>insults or the mentioning of his shared patent for a snowmobile winch.
>Neither proves much to erase the visual I have of him operating a
>mimeograph machine running off tests or class material for a bunch of
>grad students at Boise State.

You know exactly jack-all about me, Pro, and it just drives you nuts,
doesn't it? I find that highly amusing, just as I find it amusing that
you scurry around the 'Net trying to find out as much as you can about
me.

Keep it up, though. I'll let you know when you can stop.

>> Would it help you to understand the extent of CAL's ignorance and
>> confusion if you knew that he and Kent job-share as AFB's Village
>> Idiot? At the very least, it might save you the trouble of trying to
>> reason with a moron.

>There is that superiority complex again calling people an "Idiot" and
>"moron". See, I just want Kevin to prove he is above us all by showing
>the fruits of his superior intellect. That is all. What do you want to
>bet that he ignores the question or has a snide comeback?

You just don't geddit, do you? I _enjoy_ watching you froth and fume
because you know jack-all about me and have no way of changing that
fact. There just isn't anything you can do about it, Pro, yet you just
keep banging your thick head against a brick wall.

Do it again, Pro. Come up with some ridiculous, meaningless
"challenge" that you think will finally get me to tell you what you
want to know. Bear in mind, though, that doing the same thing over and
over while expecting different results is one sign of insanity.

Piedmont

Fyrepup wrote:
snip
> Thanks for the info. All I wanted was to see if someone had tried this
> before. I in no means meant to create such a shitstorm.

It's not you FP, regrettably this is like a public park and we are
forced to observe the lowest base humans or never go to the park again.
Don't take it to heart!

Regards, Mike Willsey

> I'm always looking for something new to make my cue better whether it's a
> new rub or sauce. Since I had this means of obtaining this resource, I
> wanted to see if it was worth it.
>
> I'll try it on something cheap and let you know.

--
Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Please visit my MSN Group: "The Practical Bar B Q'r", A great barbecue
resource; Filled with links and down-loadable documents on building or
buying a cooker, recipes, and links to other great bbq sites. Free
membership to all!

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw

Cam

Larry wrote:
> Using a blackberry can be quite enjoyable.
> It can bring a sense of calm.
> The drawback is plastic flavor it gives to Pork.
>
> Larry

I've a couple of pieces that I sawed off my Treo.

Cam

Steve House

I stand corrected, you did say "...please stop top posting ..." so perhaps
"strongly worded request" would be more accurate. And even the phrase
"strongly worded" is an assumption of your emotional state when you wrote
it. But based on the fact that you mentioned at all, or actually even give
a damn whether someone top posts or not, gives me pause to wonder why it
would even be an issue? Perhaps it is the tradition in this group to
interleave post, but the negative response to someone top posting, even
taking notice of it or mentioning it at all, demonstrates an unwillingness
to recognize that the circumstances under which the dislike of top posting
evolved no longer exist. I suggest that while interleaved posting was the
probably the "best way" 20 years ago, today the advantages of top posting
outweigh its disadvantages most of the time. (See how much more readable
this is than it would be if I broke it into several fragments? As a writer
I'm sure you recognize that a coherent paragraph beats fragmented sentences
ever time. And as a tech writer, I'm sure you've read letters, comments,
and rebuttles in journals such as Nature for years - why should Usenet
posting be structured differently? )

Steve

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:51:49 -0500, "Steve House"
> > wrote:
>
>>As for being dogmatic, I entered the
>>conversation in response to Kevin's message to another poster ordering
>>them
>>to stop top posting,

> Show me where I "ordered" someone to stop top-posting. Or else STFU. I
> believe I already told you to stop putting words in my mouth.

Matthew L. Martin

Steve House wrote:

something top posted.

PLONK!!

Matthew
You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Steve House

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> Steve House wrote:
>
> something top posted.
>
> PLONK!!

And this should bother me exactly why?

Matthew
> --
> Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
> You can't win
> You can't break even
> You can't get out of the game

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> Do it again, Pro. Come up with some ridiculous, meaningless
> "challenge" that you think will finally get me to tell you what you
> want to know.

Ridiculous in just asking for proof of the statement that you do more
than remedial tasks at the state college? Especially when you protest to
be much greater.

Once again you don't get it. Why in the world do you think I would waste
more than a minute or two one screwing with the fat boy sitting alone in
the corner that has it in his mind he is hot shit and too cool for
everyone else?

You like to try to put people down but given your statue and accolades,
the effect is pretty weak. Then again me trying to change your beliefs
is not too different from trying to hurt a clown's feelings by laughing
at him.

> Bear in mind, though, that doing the same thing over and
> over while expecting different results is one sign of insanity.

It is the first time kevie that I asked your for your pubs. Hearing
voices and false reality is a sign of insanity too you know? But hey,
with you I'd just apply Occam's razor and decide you just a liar. Just
look at the mirror and take note of reality. If you liked the image, you
would have no reason to constantly correct and attack others. Your
lashings show instead the need for attention and desire for
acceptance.

I'm beginning to think that there isn't much of a defense for you to
fall back on but you certainly don't mind challenging others!

_CAL
cl

Steve House wrote:

> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> > Steve House wrote:
> >
> > something top posted.
> >
> > PLONK!!

> And this should bother me exactly why?

Its the grandiose fantasy that they have. It is funny that they think a
person's post should be killfiled but they decide it is still worth it
to let the OP and the rest of the world know they are ploking them.

Maybe it is more simple. They might be people who must also have to read
aloud so it is just natural for them to 'announce' their action.

Either way I've asked the same question. How does adding more noise to
the topic by posting a 'your plonked' message help the situation? I
guess it is just easier for me to just ignore those who I don't care to
read, and I don't need a fliter to do so!

-CAL