Steve

Default Hello I'm new!

Hi,

Just found this newsgroup. I just bought the small CharBroil
smoker/bbq with offset firebox at Walmart. Figured for $80 it was a
good price. Living in St. Pete have seen many of my friends $400
grills decay into garbage in just a couple of years so I just bought
cheap $19 grills and when they rusted I didn't care. To BBQ I would
just shove the coals to one side and put the ribs on the other.

Now that I've got this toy I want to play. I'm growing tabasco,
jalape=F1o and habanero peppers in the back yard. Any of you fine folks
have any hints for a newbie who wants to smoke a few peppers?

Thanks,
Steve

"Steve" > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just found this newsgroup. I just bought the small CharBroil
> smoker/bbq with offset firebox at Walmart. Figured for $80 it was a
> good price. Living in St. Pete have seen many of my friends $400
> grills decay into garbage in just a couple of years so I just bought
> cheap $19 grills and when they rusted I didn't care. To BBQ I would
> just shove the coals to one side and put the ribs on the other.
>
> Now that I've got this toy I want to play. I'm growing tabasco,
> jalape=F1o and habanero peppers in the back yard. Any of you fine folks
> have any hints for a newbie who wants to smoke a few peppers?

Hey, Steve. Welcome aboard! I can't help you directly with yer specific
question, but some of your fellow Floridians, like TFM, should be able to.
Just one word of advice, do not pick up a pack of Zig-zags to smoke a few
peppers! ;-D

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

"Steve" > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just found this newsgroup. I just bought the small CharBroil
> smoker/bbq with offset firebox at Walmart. Figured for $80 it was a
> good price. Living in St. Pete have seen many of my friends $400
> grills decay into garbage in just a couple of years so I just bought
> cheap $19 grills and when they rusted I didn't care. To BBQ I would
> just shove the coals to one side and put the ribs on the other.
>
> Now that I've got this toy I want to play. I'm growing tabasco,
> jalape=F1o and habanero peppers in the back yard. Any of you fine folks
> have any hints for a newbie who wants to smoke a few peppers?

Hey, Steve. Welcome aboard! I can't help you directly with yer specific
question, but some of your fellow Floridians, like TFM, should be able to.
Just one word of advice, do not pick up a pack of Zig-zags to smoke a few
peppers! ;-D

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Brick

On 17-Feb-2005, "Steve" > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just found this newsgroup. I just bought the small CharBroil
> smoker/bbq with offset firebox at Walmart. Figured for $80 it was a
> good price. Living in St. Pete have seen many of my friends $400
> grills decay into garbage in just a couple of years so I just bought
> cheap $19 grills and when they rusted I didn't care. To BBQ I would
> just shove the coals to one side and put the ribs on the other.
>
> Now that I've got this toy I want to play. I'm growing tabasco,
> jalapeño and habanero peppers in the back yard. Any of you fine folks
> have any hints for a newbie who wants to smoke a few peppers?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

You stole that MoFo Steve. As for the peppers, just bring a bushel over
to Tampa and I'll show you how to smoke those little critters along with
some ribs and tenderloin. I'll furnish the ribs, tenderloin and beer. Bring
the peppers and a big appetite. Given a little notice, we might get a few
others to join in. P.S. I cook with an NBS Silver nee Charbroil.

Brick (Nole *******o Carborundum)

phyteach

Welcome aboard!

I must confess that without these kind folks, I wouldn't be able
to Q. I live in Buffalo, NY where barbeque is simply grilling with the
addition of some commercially prepared (Kraft, et. al.) sauce. ugh.
With their help my first brisket came out good and by the fifth or
sixth they were slammin! Q is a great addic...er ...obsess...er
HOBBY. That's it, hobby. yeah...

Regards,
Scott

Duwop

You certainly have already downloaded the best damn FAQ on usenet by now,
but if you missed it here's the info:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...b9?tvc=2&q=faq

Your Char-Broil is close enough to the NBBD for your needs.

Piedmont

Steve wrote:
> Just found this newsgroup. I just bought the small CharBroil
> smoker/bbq with offset firebox at Walmart. Figured for $80 it was a
> good price. Living in St. Pete have seen many of my friends $400
> grills decay into garbage in just a couple of years so I just bought
> cheap $19 grills and when they rusted I didn't care. To BBQ I would
> just shove the coals to one side and put the ribs on the other.
>
> Now that I've got this toy I want to play. I'm growing tabasco,
> jalapeño and habanero peppers in the back yard. Any of you fine folks
> have any hints for a newbie who wants to smoke a few peppers?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Welcome Steve,

Hope you stay awhile a partake of AFBs vast knowledge. I'm sure someone
will have the information or resource you need to deveope your Q pleasure!

Regards,
--
Mike Willsey (Piedmont)
"The Practical Bar-B-Q'r!"

Charities; Oxfam GB: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/about_us/index.htm,
Operation Smile: http://www.operationsmile.org/

If you or a loved one has thyroid issues, please have their thyroid
checked for radiation levels!

kilikini

Brick wrote:
> On 17-Feb-2005, "Steve" > wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just found this newsgroup. I just bought the small CharBroil
>> smoker/bbq with offset firebox at Walmart. Figured for $80 it was a
>> good price. Living in St. Pete have seen many of my friends $400
>> grills decay into garbage in just a couple of years so I just bought
>> cheap $19 grills and when they rusted I didn't care. To BBQ I would
>> just shove the coals to one side and put the ribs on the other.
>>
>> Now that I've got this toy I want to play. I'm growing
>> tabasco,
>> jalapeño and habanero peppers in the back yard. Any of you fine
>> folks
>> have any hints for a newbie who wants to smoke a few peppers?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve

> You stole that MoFo Steve. As for the peppers, just bring a bushel
> over
> to Tampa and I'll show you how to smoke those little critters along
> with
> some ribs and tenderloin. I'll furnish the ribs, tenderloin and beer.
> Bring
> the peppers and a big appetite. Given a little notice, we might get a
> few
> others to join in. P.S. I cook with an NBS Silver nee Charbroil.
>
> Brick (Nole *******o Carborundum)

Brick, you do that and TFM and I are coming over! Ha ha ha. :~)

kili

salchichon

phyteach wrote:
> Welcome aboard!
>
> I must confess that without these kind folks, I wouldn't be

able
> to Q. I live in Buffalo, NY

scott...

i grew up in williamsville , and i'm a scott too!!!

where barbeque is simply grilling with the
> addition of some commercially prepared (Kraft, et. al.) sauce. ugh.
> With their help my first brisket came out good and by the fifth or
> sixth they were slammin! Q is a great addic...er ...obsess...er
> HOBBY. That's it, hobby. yeah...
>
> Regards,
> Scott

BOB

kilikini wrote:
> Brick wrote:
>> On 17-Feb-2005, "Steve" > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just found this newsgroup. I just bought the
>>> small CharBroil smoker/bbq with offset firebox at
>>> Walmart. Figured for $80 it was a good price. Living
>>> in St. Pete have seen many of my friends $400 grills
>>> decay into garbage in just a couple of years so I just
>>> bought cheap $19 grills and when they rusted I didn't
>>> care. To BBQ I would just shove the coals to one side
>>> and put the ribs on the other.
>>>
>>> Now that I've got this toy I want to play. I'm
>>> growing tabasco,
>>> jalapeño and habanero peppers in the back yard. Any of
>>> you fine folks
>>> have any hints for a newbie who wants to smoke a few
>>> peppers?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve

>> You stole that MoFo Steve. As for the peppers, just
>> bring a bushel over
>> to Tampa and I'll show you how to smoke those little
>> critters along with
>> some ribs and tenderloin. I'll furnish the ribs,
>> tenderloin and beer. Bring
>> the peppers and a big appetite. Given a little notice,
>> we might get a few
>> others to join in. P.S. I cook with an NBS Silver nee
>> Charbroil.
>>
>> Brick (Nole *******o Carborundum)
>>

> Brick, you do that and TFM and I are coming over! Ha ha
> ha. :~)
>
> kili

Make it a *PARTY*

BOB