Mike Rinken

Default Just got my Weber

Thank god!!!! My 8 year old POS FINALLY died a slow and tragic death so I
convinced the wife that a new grill was a mandatory purchase. I got
roughly $400 to spend on a new one so of course I went out and spent $475 on
a Genesis Silver B. I got it from a seller on Ebay and it's the one with
the solid shelf on the bottom and extra tables on the right and left side.
I LOVE it but I have one question. This one came with stainless steel racks
and plates on the bottom. Granted I'll use em until they wear out and then
replace them, but are the porcelain ones better? When I do eventually
replace them, I have that option and was wondering what the consensus of the
group was.

TIA!

Mike in Colorado

Steve Calvin

Mike Rinken wrote:

> Thank god!!!! My 8 year old POS FINALLY died a slow and tragic death so I
> convinced the wife that a new grill was a mandatory purchase. I got
> roughly $400 to spend on a new one so of course I went out and spent $475 on
> a Genesis Silver B. I got it from a seller on Ebay and it's the one with
> the solid shelf on the bottom and extra tables on the right and left side.
> I LOVE it but I have one question. This one came with stainless steel racks
> and plates on the bottom. Granted I'll use em until they wear out and then
> replace them, but are the porcelain ones better? When I do eventually
> replace them, I have that option and was wondering what the consensus of the
> group was.
>
> TIA!
>
> Mike in Colorado

I have the porcelain ones (after throwing the CI ones out). I don't
know how they'd stack up against the SS ones but I sure as h*ll like
them a lot better than the CI!

Congrats on the grill, now add a WSM to your patio and you're set.

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...

"Mike Rinken" <mwrinken at gmail dot com> wrote in message
news:2ccc8$421239a6$41a9ca42$19894@allthenewsgroup s.com...
> Thank god!!!! My 8 year old POS FINALLY died a slow and tragic death so I
> convinced the wife that a new grill was a mandatory purchase. I got
> roughly $400 to spend on a new one so of course I went out and spent $475

on
> a Genesis Silver B. I got it from a seller on Ebay and it's the one with
> the solid shelf on the bottom and extra tables on the right and left side.
> I LOVE it but I have one question. This one came with stainless steel

racks
> and plates on the bottom. Granted I'll use em until they wear out and

then
> replace them, but are the porcelain ones better? When I do eventually
> replace them, I have that option and was wondering what the consensus of

the
> group was.
>
> TIA!
>
> Mike in Colorado

I bought a Genesis Silver C last year ( same as you have with the addition
of a side burner ). I got it at Home Depot and it came with Cast Iron
grates - which I like a lot. I haven't seen them around as replacement
parts, but they should last a long time.

Weber SMS MikeandCori Barbecue 5 08-11-2011 04:41 AM
Custom upgrading Weber Q 200 to Weber Q 220 ddennick Barbecue 1 05-01-2010 11:42 PM
Weber S-450 raymond Barbecue 0 07-03-2007 10:14 PM
If anyone's considering a Weber... Kent Barbecue 6 24-03-2005 05:25 AM
Need to buy a Weber! JaKe Barbecue 15 15-09-2004 09:33 PM