Dave Bugg

Default We're Number One!!

Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".

Crazy Pig is happy :-)

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Pete Romfh

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month
> reader's poll, conducted by the Wenatchee Business
> Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que as the "Best
> New Business of 2004".
>
> Crazy Pig is happy :-)

"Good on Ya" Dave.
You are an excellent example of the Five-P principle.
Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org

JD

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
> conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
> Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".
>
> Crazy Pig is happy :-)
>
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Best new business? Way cool! The header scared me for a second like maybe
you were the #1 Q joint in Wenatchee which is kind of ambiguous when you're
the *only* Q joint in town <g>. May your fortunes increase.

JD

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
> conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
> Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".
>
> Crazy Pig is happy :-)

Oink! Oink, Dave! That's great. Are ya still runnin' outta food before the
end o' the day? ;-D

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

kilikini

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
> conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
> Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".
>
> Crazy Pig is happy :-)

Dave congratulations! May you live long and prosper!

kili

Dick Thompson

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
> conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
> Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".

Congrats, Dave. You and your family as quite deserving of that honor. Keep
it up, and make that dream come true.

Dave Bugg

kilikini wrote:

> Dave congratulations! May you live long and prosper!

Thanks, Kili.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

John O

Congratulations! You can't buy advertising like that.

You'll have to update your sig, too. :-)

-John O

Duwop

"JD" > wrote in message

> "Pete Romfh" > wrote in message
> > I had to use the "Office Acceptable" version. Otherwise I have to go

watch
> > that damn "Sensitivity Movie" all over again.
> >
> > --
> > Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
> > promfh at hal dash pc dot org
> >

> They tried sending me to that right in the middle of contract negotiations
> with Boeing. I came ever so close to going for the throat of one of the
> idiots on the management side.
>
> JD

LMAO! I dont' know if that was intentionally funny (I suspect so), but
thanks for the laugh.
Reminds me of the sexual harassment seminar I attended that we devolved into
a (very serious of course) discussion of how a female supervisor could
harass underlings, of either gender. We were appalled.

Steve Calvin

John O wrote:
> Congratulations! You can't buy advertising like that.
>
> You'll have to update your sig, too. :-)
>
> -John O

Congratulations Dave. It's good to see all of your nerves, hard work,
and perseverance paying off!

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.

Dimitri

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
> conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
> Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".
>
> Crazy Pig is happy :-)
>
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

YEA!

Congratulations!

It's not everyone who can make their avocation their vocation successfully.

Now start planning for period 2 & 3.

Period 2 After the newness is over.

Period 3 How to keep'em and their friends (new) coming back for more.

Dimitri

Graeme...in London

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
> conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
> Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".
>
> Crazy Pig is happy :-)
>
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Giving you a high-five!

Well done, Dave. Just don't run out of grub when I visit:-)

Best of luck for the rest of the year too.

Graeme

BigDog

Dimitri wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> YEA!
>
> Congratulations!
>

> It's not everyone who can make their avocation their
> vocation successfully.
>
> Now start planning for period 2 & 3.
>
> Period 2 After the newness is over.
>
> Period 3 How to keep'em and their friends (new) coming
> back for more.
>

> Dimitri

Ditto Dave.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Dana H. Myers

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
> conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
> Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".
>
> Crazy Pig is happy :-)

I've known enough people in the restaurant biz to
know that I never want to open one :-) - because
it's a lot of heart-wrenching hard work to be
successful.

So, you're being recognized for being the best
new *business* - not just a great Q joint. That
speaks volumes.

Congratulations, Dave.

Dana

Piedmont

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
> conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
> Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".
>
> Crazy Pig is happy :-)

Congrats to you Dave!

--
Mike Willsey (Piedmont)
"The Practical Bar-B-Q'r!"

Charities; Oxfam GB: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/about_us/index.htm,
Operation Smile: http://www.operationsmile.org/

If you or a loved one has thyroid issues, please have their thyroid
checked for radiation levels!

BOB

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month
> reader's poll, conducted by the Wenatchee Business
> Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que as the "Best
> New Business of 2004".
> Crazy Pig is happy :-)
>
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Well, Duh!

After all the prep work you did on your place, even after you learned to
cook the best barbecue, what else would you expect? Without even tasting
(one of these days, though...) your BBQ, I know it's among the best.

BUT, it sure must feel good to have someone put it in writing for everyone
to read.

Congratulations, Dave. Give the crew a big pat on the back, and make
plans for their bonuses (all of the crew, you included!).

BOB

Harry Demidavicius

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:01:36 -0000, "Graeme...in London"
> wrote:

>"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
>> conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
>> Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".
>>
>> Crazy Pig is happy :-)
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
>> http://davebbq.com/
>>

>Giving you a high-five!
>
>Well done, Dave. Just don't run out of grub when I visit:-)
>
>Best of luck for the rest of the year too.
>
>Graeme

Why not - he did it to us first, Graeme . . . ;0)

Congrats, Dave & Jill! You're doing well!!

Harry

Chef Juke

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 20:17:13 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Just thought y'all would like to know that a two month reader's poll,
>conducted by the Wenatchee Business Journal, awarded Dave's Pit-Smoked
>Bar-B-Que as the "Best New Business of 2004".
>
>Crazy Pig is happy :-)

Well...

Of COURSE!

Wouldn't expect anything less.

:-)

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Dave Bugg

Graeme...in London wrote:

> Well done, Dave. Just don't run out of grub when I visit:-)
>
> Best of luck for the rest of the year too.

I'll make sure we have extra :-)

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Dave Bugg

BigDog wrote:

> Ditto Dave.

Thanks, Amigo.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Dave Bugg

Dana H. Myers wrote:

> So, you're being recognized for being the best
> new *business* - not just a great Q joint. That
> speaks volumes.
>
> Congratulations, Dave.

I appreciate that, Dana.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Dave Bugg

Piedmont wrote:

> Congrats to you Dave!

Thanks, Mike.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Dave Bugg

BOB wrote:

> Congratulations, Dave. Give the crew a big pat on the back, and make
> plans for their bonuses (all of the crew, you included!).

Thanks, Bob. I look forward to the time when your able to come out. And
believe me, my crew are treated very well :-)
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Dave Bugg

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

> Congrats, Dave & Jill! You're doing well!!

Thanks, Harry --- and say a big hellow to Samantha for us.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Dave Bugg

Chef Juke wrote:

> Well...
>
> Of COURSE!
>
> Wouldn't expect anything less.

You're partly to blame you know. :-)

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

BOB

Dave Bugg wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>
>> Congratulations, Dave. Give the crew a big pat on the
>> back, and make plans for their bonuses (all of the crew,
>> you included!).

> Thanks, Bob. I look forward to the time when your able
> to come out.

One of these days...

> And believe me, my crew are treated very
> well :-) --

I knew that...your business couldn't do as well if the employees couldn't
enjoy their work and working conditions

BOB

> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Pierre

Dave,
No small achievement. The recognition speakes volumes about you, your
operation, your suppliers, and your people. I'll tip one to you
tonite.

Pierre

BigDog

Dave Bugg wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> Chef Juke wrote:
>
>> Well...
>>
>> Of COURSE!
>>
>> Wouldn't expect anything less.

> You're partly to blame you know. :-)

You can only keep doing better and better Dave.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Dave Bugg

BigDog wrote:

> You can only keep doing better and better Dave.

Thanks, BD -- we're sure going to keep working hard to do so. :-)

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Dave Bugg

Hotair wrote:

> I'm a bit late with reading this but congratulations Dave & Jill.
> Hope to see you again this summer.

Thanks, Dave. Look forward to seeing you anytime :-)
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Daniel

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Hotair wrote:
>
> > I'm a bit late with reading this but congratulations Dave & Jill.
> > Hope to see you again this summer.

> Thanks, Dave. Look forward to seeing you anytime :-)
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Amazing NG!
I know several Newsgroups where a post similar to the one of Dave would
have been followed by a bunch of nasty comments based on "spam",
"advertising" and the like.
Here, no, everybody jump to heartfully and sincerely congratulate him.
So, Dave, I will congratulate you also, but for 2 things:
1 - For this award, for sure.
2 - For being one of those members who managed to keep this NG as it is.
And, for both items, my little wish: Keep on the good job :-)
Cheers
Daniel

Chef Juke

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:29:48 +0700, "Daniel"
> wrote:

>"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> Hotair wrote:
>>
>> > I'm a bit late with reading this but congratulations Dave & Jill.
>> > Hope to see you again this summer.

>> Thanks, Dave. Look forward to seeing you anytime :-)
>> --
>> Dave
>> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
>> http://davebbq.com/

>Amazing NG!
>I know several Newsgroups where a post similar to the one of Dave would
>have been followed by a bunch of nasty comments based on "spam",
>"advertising" and the like.
>Here, no, everybody jump to heartfully and sincerely congratulate him.
>So, Dave, I will congratulate you also, but for 2 things:
>1 - For this award, for sure.
>2 - For being one of those members who managed to keep this NG as it is.
>And, for both items, my little wish: Keep on the good job :-)
>Cheers
>Daniel

Well David,

You'd have to know a little bit of the history of this newsgroup.
Dave B. was a major contributing member of this NG long before he
opened his BBQ joint this last October. Anyone who's been reading the
NG for more than 6 months has been able to follow some of the progress
as Dave moved from 'Enthusiast' to 'proprietor'. A number of us even
traveled up to his grand opening to show our support.

So it's not about someone spamming or posting a commercial post. It's
one of the newgroup regulars sharing their experience.

For pics of Dave's opening, check out http://www.chefjuke.com/daves/

Cheers,

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Dave Bugg

Daniel wrote:

> So, Dave, I will congratulate you also, but for 2 things:
> 1 - For this award, for sure.
> 2 - For being one of those members who managed to keep this NG as it
> is. And, for both items, my little wish: Keep on the good job :-)

Thanks, Daniel. I appreciate your congratulations and your participation in
this NG.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Daniel

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Daniel wrote:
>
> > So, Dave, I will congratulate you also, but for 2 things:
> > 1 - For this award, for sure.
> > 2 - For being one of those members who managed to keep this NG as it
> > is. And, for both items, my little wish: Keep on the good job :-)

> Thanks, Daniel. I appreciate your congratulations and your participation

in
> this NG.
>
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Hi Dave,
I visited your website as well as the one of Chef Juke with photos or your
joint.
Interesting! From "some" photos, I could see that your guests were not
served only meat :-))

A small question, nothing to see with BBQ but with roofing (Sorry, I am more
qualified in roofing that in BBQing)

The main facade of your building is typical of what we call "Wild West
Saloon style" in Europe.
But the small roof that covers the entrance is made of corrugated metal
sheets.
Why you didn't went for bitumen roof shingles, more in line with the style?
Was it a question of cost? I have little idea of the construction costs in
the US.
Cheers
Daniel

Dave Bugg

Daniel wrote:

> Why you didn't went for bitumen roof shingles, more in line with the
> style? Was it a question of cost? I have little idea of the
> construction costs in the US.

The building is a post-frame construction. I actually have the entire roof
covered with steel roofing. Two primary reasons: 1. Durability. It ain't
going to wear out anytime soon. 2. Style. It helps keep the intended
"feel" of the building as a "joint"---- a place where folks can come just as
they are. The sides and back of the building are also covered with steel.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que