Barbecue (alt.food.barbecue) Discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and slow" smoking of ribs, shoulders and briskets, as well as direct heat grilling of everything from burgers to salmon to vegetables.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #32 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Dave Bugg
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hotair wrote:

I'm a bit late with reading this but congratulations Dave & Jill.
Hope to see you again this summer.


Thanks, Dave. Look forward to seeing you anytime :-)
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
http://davebbq.com/


  #33 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Daniel
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
...
Hotair wrote:

I'm a bit late with reading this but congratulations Dave & Jill.
Hope to see you again this summer.


Thanks, Dave. Look forward to seeing you anytime :-)
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
http://davebbq.com/


Amazing NG!
I know several Newsgroups where a post similar to the one of Dave would
have been followed by a bunch of nasty comments based on "spam",
"advertising" and the like.
Here, no, everybody jump to heartfully and sincerely congratulate him.
So, Dave, I will congratulate you also, but for 2 things:
1 - For this award, for sure.
2 - For being one of those members who managed to keep this NG as it is.
And, for both items, my little wish: Keep on the good job :-)
Cheers
Daniel




  #34 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Chef Juke
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:29:48 +0700, "Daniel"
wrote:


"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
...
Hotair wrote:

I'm a bit late with reading this but congratulations Dave & Jill.
Hope to see you again this summer.


Thanks, Dave. Look forward to seeing you anytime :-)
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
http://davebbq.com/


Amazing NG!
I know several Newsgroups where a post similar to the one of Dave would
have been followed by a bunch of nasty comments based on "spam",
"advertising" and the like.
Here, no, everybody jump to heartfully and sincerely congratulate him.
So, Dave, I will congratulate you also, but for 2 things:
1 - For this award, for sure.
2 - For being one of those members who managed to keep this NG as it is.
And, for both items, my little wish: Keep on the good job :-)
Cheers
Daniel



Well David,

You'd have to know a little bit of the history of this newsgroup.
Dave B. was a major contributing member of this NG long before he
opened his BBQ joint this last October. Anyone who's been reading the
NG for more than 6 months has been able to follow some of the progress
as Dave moved from 'Enthusiast' to 'proprietor'. A number of us even
traveled up to his grand opening to show our support.

So it's not about someone spamming or posting a commercial post. It's
one of the newgroup regulars sharing their experience.

For pics of Dave's opening, check out http://www.chefjuke.com/daves/

Cheers,


-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

  #35 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Dave Bugg
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Daniel wrote:

So, Dave, I will congratulate you also, but for 2 things:
1 - For this award, for sure.
2 - For being one of those members who managed to keep this NG as it
is. And, for both items, my little wish: Keep on the good job :-)


Thanks, Daniel. I appreciate your congratulations and your participation in
this NG.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
http://davebbq.com/




  #36 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 15-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Daniel
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
...
Daniel wrote:

So, Dave, I will congratulate you also, but for 2 things:
1 - For this award, for sure.
2 - For being one of those members who managed to keep this NG as it
is. And, for both items, my little wish: Keep on the good job :-)


Thanks, Daniel. I appreciate your congratulations and your participation

in
this NG.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
http://davebbq.com/


Hi Dave,
I visited your website as well as the one of Chef Juke with photos or your
joint.
Interesting! From "some" photos, I could see that your guests were not
served only meat :-))

A small question, nothing to see with BBQ but with roofing (Sorry, I am more
qualified in roofing that in BBQing)

The main facade of your building is typical of what we call "Wild West
Saloon style" in Europe.
But the small roof that covers the entrance is made of corrugated metal
sheets.
Why you didn't went for bitumen roof shingles, more in line with the style?
Was it a question of cost? I have little idea of the construction costs in
the US.
Cheers
Daniel



  #37 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 15-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Dave Bugg
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Daniel wrote:

Why you didn't went for bitumen roof shingles, more in line with the
style? Was it a question of cost? I have little idea of the
construction costs in the US.


The building is a post-frame construction. I actually have the entire roof
covered with steel roofing. Two primary reasons: 1. Durability. It ain't
going to wear out anytime soon. 2. Style. It helps keep the intended
"feel" of the building as a "joint"---- a place where folks can come just as
they are. The sides and back of the building are also covered with steel.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
http://davebbq.com/




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foods that do a number on you. James[_1_] General Cooking 2 12-01-2009 04:19 AM
I need your G.E. microwave's FCC ID number! GunFax.com Cooking Equipment 0 17-10-2008 12:01 AM
Number of spices Nonnymus[_5_] Barbecue 24 14-08-2008 05:17 PM
The Number of the Beast maxine in ri General Cooking 2 07-06-2006 06:54 AM
What is Bin Number and Bin End(s)? Streuth Cor Blimey Wine 3 15-04-2005 12:54 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017