Default Sauce and/or Rub (small run) contract packager a.k.a. co-packer

Anyone on AFB have a good experience with a sauce and/or rub contract
packager a.k.a. co-packer for a small run?

Google has not been as effective as I had hoped.

Rob

Dave

" > wrote in
message oups.com...
> Anyone on AFB have a good experience with a sauce and/or rub contract
> packager a.k.a. co-packer for a small run?
>
> Google has not been as effective as I had hoped.
>
> Rob

Ditto
Dave

Dave wrote:
> " > wrote in

> message oups.com...
> > Anyone on AFB have a good experience with a sauce and/or rub

contract
> > packager a.k.a. co-packer for a small run?
> >
> > Google has not been as effective as I had hoped.
> >
> > Rob

> Ditto
> Dave

Dave-

I *FINALLY* found one in N.C. they are mailing me info.

Bobbee's Bottling
http://www.bobbeesbottling.com/

They bottle for several NC based sauce companies.

Google was no help because whatever idiot put their site together
didn't put in any meta tags for Google to index!

Rob

Jev Vandegrift wrote:
> wrote:
> > Anyone on AFB have a good experience with a sauce and/or rub

contract
> > packager a.k.a. co-packer for a small run?
> >
> > Google has not been as effective as I had hoped.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> Well I hate to send you to what I consider our competion, but I

believe
> Headcountry BBQ (
http://www.headcountry.com/)in Ponca City Oklahoma
does
> packing for other folks.
>
> Jev Van
> Van's Pig Stand
> http://www.pigstands.com

Jev-

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going with the N.C. based bottler. I
like the idea of being an hour's drive from the plant if something
comes up or I just want to surprise 'em.

Do you do your own bottling?
Have you find a decent price on product liability insurance? What are
the premiums like?

Rob

Rob

Kevin S. Wilson

On 25 Feb 2005 07:28:22 -0800, "
> wrote:

>Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going with the N.C. based bottler. I
>like the idea of being an hour's drive from the plant if something
>comes up or I just want to surprise 'em.
>
>Do you do your own bottling?
>Have you find a decent price on product liability insurance? What are
>the premiums like?

You might also check with your county extension agency or the
equivalent. I believe that the one local to me operates a
canning/bottling facility specifically for small businesses,
specializing in small batches or short runs.

Dave Bugg

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> You might also check with your county extension agency or the
> equivalent. I believe that the one local to me operates a
> canning/bottling facility specifically for small businesses,
> specializing in small batches or short runs.

That is a *great* suggestion. If you were to bottle your own to sell,
especially on-line, you'd not only need your local health district's
permission ---- along with the attendent commercial facilities setup --- but
you would have to receive the proper Dept. of Agriculture certifications as
well.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:36:03 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>
>> You might also check with your county extension agency or the
>> equivalent. I believe that the one local to me operates a
>> canning/bottling facility specifically for small businesses,
>> specializing in small batches or short runs.

>That is a *great* suggestion. If you were to bottle your own to sell,
>especially on-line, you'd not only need your local health district's
>permission ---- along with the attendent commercial facilities setup --- but
>you would have to receive the proper Dept. of Agriculture certifications as
>well.

This facility was built for just that purpose: to provide all of the
equipment, certifications, etc. that would be out of the reach of a
Mom and Pop operation that wanted to sell Mom's spaghetti sauce,
jelly, or whatever. I think they even did nutritional analyses, as
well, so that your label could carry that information.

Seems to me it was associated with the county extension agency, but it
could have been a state small-business development agency.