F.G. Whitfurrows

Default PING: Jack Curry

Here's to ya, Big Fella. Hope the next life is even better to ya than the
last one.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Just cracked open a Guiness and laying some rub on ribs and chicken as
we speak. RIP JC.

Well just took them off, ribs are very tender and only took 4 hours.
Chicken came out great as well. Got some "food" for my sealer to test
out.

Tomorrow going to grill some burgers and the wings/drumsticks from the
chicken parts I got as well as the rib tips that I trimmed from the
spares.

Jesse

Woogeroo

I just read about this yesterday, major bummer. Jack was always willing
to share info. on Q'.

My best to his family.

-W

BOB

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Here's to ya, Big Fella. Hope the next life is even
> better to ya than the last one.

I joined you with a cold Corona at 3 pm yesterday, hoisted towards the
North, since I was in Cocoa Beach at that time. There were 2 pork butt
cooking over the top of a brisket which started at 8 am in my K in
Orlando, so even though circumstances prevented me from being with the
meat bbqing while I made the toast, I was able to fulfill my part of the
tribute.

I'm guessing that since Hound made it up there, he created a demand for
BBQ with his cooking, and wasn't able to keep up with the demand, so Jack
was called for reinforcements. Now we can be sure that there is BBQ for
the masses in heaven.

BOB

kilikini

BOB wrote:
> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>> Here's to ya, Big Fella. Hope the next life is even
>> better to ya than the last one.
>>

> I joined you with a cold Corona at 3 pm yesterday, hoisted towards the
> North, since I was in Cocoa Beach at that time. There were 2 pork
> butt cooking over the top of a brisket which started at 8 am in my K
> in Orlando, so even though circumstances prevented me from being with
> the meat bbqing while I made the toast, I was able to fulfill my part
> of the tribute.
>
> I'm guessing that since Hound made it up there, he created a demand
> for BBQ with his cooking, and wasn't able to keep up with the demand,
> so Jack was called for reinforcements. Now we can be sure that there
> is BBQ for the masses in heaven.
>
> BOB

Oh, BOB, I concur! Hound couldn't keep up with the demand. I don't feel so
badly now. Good call, Mr. Lord Who Has Powers That Be.

kili

Brick

On 6-Feb-2005, " BOB" > wrote:

> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> > Here's to ya, Big Fella. Hope the next life is even
> > better to ya than the last one.
> >

> I joined you with a cold Corona at 3 pm yesterday, hoisted towards the
> North, since I was in Cocoa Beach at that time. There were 2 pork butt
> cooking over the top of a brisket which started at 8 am in my K in
> Orlando, so even though circumstances prevented me from being with the
> meat bbqing while I made the toast, I was able to fulfill my part of the
> tribute.
>
> I'm guessing that since Hound made it up there, he created a demand for
> BBQ with his cooking, and wasn't able to keep up with the demand, so Jack
> was called for reinforcements. Now we can be sure that there is BBQ for
> the masses in heaven.
>
> BOB

Very nice thought BOB. Wish I had thought of it.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

midocr

> I'm guessing that since Hound made it up there, he created a demand
>> for BBQ with his cooking, and wasn't able to keep up with the demand,
>> so Jack was called for reinforcements. Now we can be sure that there
>> is BBQ for the masses in heaven.

Amen Brother!
--
See ya,
Mike

"There is absolutely no problem that a real Man
cannot drink his way through!"

Thanks, Jack Curry. Thanks again. Matthew L. Martin Barbecue 5 30-03-2005 05:47 PM
Ping.... Jack Curry Matthew L. Martin Barbecue 7 26-01-2005 10:38 AM
Ping: Jack Curry Ol' Hippie Barbecue 2 19-10-2004 08:34 PM
Ping: Jack Curry Matthew L. Martin Barbecue 39 08-10-2004 11:20 AM
Ping: Jack Curry Ricky Barbecue 5 06-01-2004 06:46 PM