Bev Lange

Default Wild Willy's Rub

Would someone please post the recipe for Wild Willy's Wonderful Rub
from the Jamison's Smoke 'n Spice book? Our tiny town library doesn't
have the book and a google search doesn't find it. Someone gave me a
beer mop recipe that calls for it and I would like to use it tomorrow.
Thanx in advance!
Bev in frozen NE Wash...
Duwop

"Bev Lange" > wrote in message
> Would someone please post the recipe for Wild Willy's Wonderful Rub
> from the Jamison's Smoke 'n Spice book? Our tiny town library doesn't
> have the book and a google search doesn't find it. Someone gave me a
> beer mop recipe that calls for it and I would like to use it tomorrow.
> Thanx in advance!
> Bev in frozen NE Wash...

Wild Willy's Number One-derful Rub

3/4 C paprika
1/4 C ground black pepper
1/4 C salt
1/4 C sugar
2 T chili powder
2 T garlic powder
2T onion powder
2T cayenne

Makes about 2 cups

Gus

"Duwop" > wrote in message
> "Bev Lange" > wrote in message
> > Would someone please post the recipe for Wild Willy's Wonderful Rub
> > from the Jamison's Smoke 'n Spice book? Our tiny town library doesn't
> > have the book and a google search doesn't find it. Someone gave me a
> > beer mop recipe that calls for it and I would like to use it tomorrow.
> > Thanx in advance!
> > Bev in frozen NE Wash...

> Wild Willy's Number One-derful Rub
>
> 3/4 C paprika
> 1/4 C ground black pepper
> 1/4 C salt
> 1/4 C sugar
> 2 T chili powder
> 2 T garlic powder
> 2T onion powder
> 2T cayenne
>
> Makes about 2 cups

The above is much like the "Basic Barbecue Rub" found on page 23 of Steve
Raichlen's big book of Q sauces and rubs and marinades. I bought a copy of
the book at a sports and outdoor store, but it is probably available in lots
of places. It cost about 10 bucks and has lots of fine info in it about
such things from many parts of the world. The name of the book is
"Barbecue! Bible - Sauces, rubs and marinades, bastes, butters and glazes.

The nice thing about Raichlen's book is that he gives out lots of nifty
recipes plus he explains how things actually work in your cooking. Not a
bad deal for 10 bucks.

Best to all,
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas
Redneck's Kitchen

parrotheada1a

My suggestion is that you double or even triple the recipe straight
outta the gate. Once you taste it, you will know why. BTW, it's not a
bad idea to substitute sea salt & turbinado sugar for those items in
the recipe. They pack extra flavor into the rub.

Jim