Daniel

Default Mosquitoes

It may not be the season in Northern America, but here is a small trick as
used in Thailand when one wants to BBQ outdoor in a mosquitoes prone
environment:

Get few coconuts.
Take off the external shell and keep the "real" coconut for further use.
The "external shell" (Sorry, not sure re. wording) is a highly fibrous brown
stuff.
Cut it into smaller pieces.

Light up the {whatever, Kamadoo, grill, name it}
Throw the coconut shell pieces in the fire and ran away.
It will smoke like hell and kill all the mosquitoes around.

Then come back and peacefully BBQ without being bitten by those mosquitoes.
It works, we have done it tonight.
Do you have mosquitoes in your places?

I wish to take this opportunity to pay my respect to Jack Curry, whom I
didn't knew personally but whom I quickly located as one of the pillars of
this NG.
I regret not to came here earlier and be able to exchange few posts and, why
not, few polemics with him.
The attitude of so many members when they got the sad news is to the honour
of this NG.

Let his family know that there is a little Frog in remote Thailand who will
remember his name.
Rest in peace, Jack Curry.
Good men eat good food
Bad men eat bad food.
So, from what I know, you were a good man.

Cheers
Daniel

"Daniel" > wrote:
> It may not be the season in Northern America, but here is a small trick
> as used in Thailand when one wants to BBQ outdoor in a mosquitoes prone
> environment:
>
> Get few coconuts.
> Take off the external shell and keep the "real" coconut for further use.
> The "external shell" (Sorry, not sure re. wording) is a highly fibrous
> brown stuff.
> Cut it into smaller pieces.
>
> Light up the {whatever, Kamadoo, grill, name it}
> Throw the coconut shell pieces in the fire and ran away.
> It will smoke like hell and kill all the mosquitoes around.
>
> Then come back and peacefully BBQ without being bitten by those
> mosquitoes. It works, we have done it tonight.
> Do you have mosquitoes in your places?

We've done that up at the 'Rockin' N' in Wichian Buri. Works quite well.

> I wish to take this opportunity to pay my respect to Jack Curry, whom I
> didn't knew personally but whom I quickly located as one of the pillars
> of this NG.
> I regret not to came here earlier and be able to exchange few posts and,
> why not, few polemics with him.
> The attitude of so many members when they got the sad news is to the
> honour of this NG.
>
> Let his family know that there is a little Frog in remote Thailand who
> will remember his name.
> Rest in peace, Jack Curry.
> Good men eat good food
> Bad men eat bad food.
> So, from what I know, you were a good man.

I'll send you some of his recipes. Watch your e-mail.

J'tem, mon ami.

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten Thanks ! ! !