FoodBanter.com

-   -   i think this is silly (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/53307-i-think-silly.html)

dug88 04-02-2005 05:39 AM

i think this is silly

i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

i operate a BLOG
do an internet search and learn something

someone with a valid comment is stuck to the ass end of the page here.
the ass end comment is uselessly worthless
the current comment is what is important

you can not read upwards.

well i just read down until i am totally bored

and reading matilda makes herself barin damaged 40 times before i get to the comments is all wrong.

Actually i have heard, BLOGS, have even had books made out of them.

NOT really impressed here anyway.

Do NOT burn fire in your home anywhere, unless you have an oxygen supply.
IT will eat all the air, YOU NEED

g nite guys
try to stay alive

Dave Bugg 04-02-2005 06:00 AM

dug88 wrote:

> i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

Yawn... Not only a top-posting boor, but an html brainless fop as well.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Cam 04-02-2005 02:59 PM

dug88 wrote:
> i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

It's not just us. This is the Usenet. The Usenet has been around longer
than the web and it has it's own set of rules. Take a look at the link
below or do your own search for netiquette.

Cam

http://groups-beta.google.com/suppor...2348&topic=239
>Summarize what you're following up.
>When you click 'Reply' under 'show options' to follow up an existing

article, Google Groups >includes the full article in quotes, with the
cursor at the top of the article. Tempting though it >is to just start
typing your message, please STOP and do two things first. Look at the
quoted text >and remove parts that are irrelevant. Then, go to the
BOTTOM of the article and start typing there. >Doing this makes it much
easier for your readers to get through your post. They'll have a
reminder >of the relevant text before your comment, but won't have to
re-read the entire article. And if your >reply appears on a site before
the original article does, they'll get the gist of what you're >talking
about.

Duwop 04-02-2005 04:45 PM

I think dugs' comment here is pretty good.
--

"Cam" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> It's not just us. This is the Usenet. The Usenet has been around longer
> than the web and it has it's own set of rules. Take a look at the link
> below or do your own search for netiquette.
>
> Cam

http://groups-beta.google.com/suppor...2348&topic=239
> >Summarize what you're following up.
> >When you click 'Reply' under 'show options' to follow up an existing

> article, Google Groups >includes the full article in quotes, with the
> cursor at the top of the article. Tempting though it >is to just start
> typing your message, please STOP and do two things first. Look at the
> quoted text >and remove parts that are irrelevant. Then, go to the
> BOTTOM of the article and start typing there. >Doing this makes it much
> easier for your readers to get through your post. They'll have a
> reminder >of the relevant text before your comment, but won't have to
> re-read the entire article. And if your >reply appears on a site before
> the original article does, they'll get the gist of what you're >talking
> about.

HAH! Made you look! Get it now fool?

Default User 04-02-2005 06:28 PM

dug88 wrote:

> NOT really impressed here anyway.

The feeling is MORE than mutual, I assure you.

Brian

Kevin S. Wilson 04-02-2005 07:05 PM

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 04:39:34 GMT, "dug88" > wrote:

>i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

This is a Usenet newsgroup; it isn't a site.

>i operate a BLOG

You and a bazillion other mouth-breathers. I'm not impressed.

>do an internet search and learn something

What in the blue-eyed froggy world are you babbling about?

>someone with a valid comment is stuck to the ass end of the page here.
>the ass end comment is uselessly worthless
>the current comment is what is important

You are obviously unaware that posts arrive at different servers at
different times. Your "current" comment may be in response to a post
that many people haven't yet seen. Your rude top-posting forces them
to scroll down just to figure out what the hell you're talking about.

But don't take it from me. Do an Internet search and learn something.

>you can not read upwards.

Precisely what rude top-posters force others to do.

>well i just read down until i am totally bored

I'm guessing that doesn't take long. I'm also guessing you're easily
distracted by bright shiny objects.

>and reading matilda makes herself barin damaged 40 times before i get to the comments is all wrong.

You think you're talking about top-posting, but you're not. You're
talking about people who don't edit out irrelevant parts of the post
they're responding to. Sadly, rude top-posters like you also tend to
be full-quoters, too dumb or too lazy to edit the post they're
replying to.

>Actually i have heard, BLOGS, have even had books made out of them.

English, please. You are easily distracted, aren't you. What the hell
does a blog have to do with anything?

>NOT really impressed here anyway.

Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on your way out.

That thread is over there ---------------->

Dave Bugg 05-02-2005 02:07 AM

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> That thread is over there ---------------->

ROLF!!!!!

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Daniel 05-02-2005 02:19 PM

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 04:39:34 GMT, "dug88" > wrote:
>
> What in the blue-eyed froggy world are you babbling about?

==============================
Ah! A new English meaning that I don't know!
Being a Froggy myself, but not blue-eyed, I would like some
details/translations, thanks

> That thread is over there ---------------->

=============================
Don't flame me, my question has strictly nothing to see with that already
dead thread, thanks :-)
Cheers
Daniel

Gus 06-02-2005 05:15 AM

> wrote in message news:a0DMd.265340$6l.209446@pd7tw2no...
i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

=========

Answered by Gus...

To Dug -- this newsgroup has its own rules and customs.

If you want to be heard without being flogged, you must try to abide by
those rules and customs.

I, for one, don't give a fig for rules or customs; however, when I bumped
into them on this newsgroup the hard way, they bumped back. All I wanted to
do was to share with the readers of the newsgroup. I got jumped on
immediately. My "sin" was mentioning a "secret recipe spice mix" (which
indeed it is). Right away, some started calling me names (many of which I
did not understand, such as "TROLL"). Further, some folks hated my calling
myself by my name. They said I was "using the third person" even though I
am only me and not one, two, three me. Not only did they object to that,
they used lots of FOUL LANGUAGE in the process of objecting. I was quite
amazed by that, as you might expect. So, it seemed to me that it would be
simpler to go along with some of the rules and customs pushed by some of
these folks who may have been here forever and to get to learn from them,
somewhat, something, anyway, even though a FEW of those folks often seem to
feel that rules and customs should override communication and commonsense.

Look at this thread. A whole bunch of ranting and raving about "top
posting" as though that were some sort of mortal sin... If you talk
nonsense and, put it into a "bottom posting" the lads and lassies here will
most likely go along with whatever nonsense you want to put forward or, at
least, tolerate your presence here. Alas. If you "top post" (as is mostly
the custom with E-mail replies) those same folks will shoot you down quicker
than a cat will lick its rear end!

As for the top/bottom post "puritins" among us, why do you not just relax
and enjoy communications that are put here in the spirit of friendship,
helpful sharing, and comradeship? In other words, quite your bitching about
such LITTLE things such as "top posting." Doggone it, why are SOME of you
so "anal" in your reactions to others whom you do not know and who do not
know or believe in your hidebound "rules"?

When I first got over here I put forth a link to a nifty "cookbook" that we
had generated based on some spice stuff that was a commecial dealie,
trademarked, etc. Next thing I knew, some of those "old-timers" here were
calling me names, such as "Troll" and the like (and what, pray tell, is a
"troll?") Anyway, Dug, you have to understand that, even though this is an
Internet newsgroup, supposedly open to you and everyone (including
Bulgarians and aborigines) , here there are some stalwarts involved who
evidently regard this as their own personal newsgroup...

(Maybe it is their's because they pay for the whole lot of it on their own?)

So, if we want to participate, we have to try (TRY) to go by the rules and
customs. I, for one, am willing and able to do that. I would hope that you
might also be willing and able to do the same.

In the meantime, I witnessed a whole lot of "advertising" for a new BBQ
joint in Florida being opened by one of the "old timers" here, but nary a
word of "Troll" involved in that... No squawks. No bad comments. (no need
for any from the way I see things, Dave!) But, you can see what I mean.
What is good for the goose, seems not to be good for the gander on this
newsgroup... and that, dear friends, is simply not right or just. Also, I
have read many and many a posting regarding commericial products ranging
from BBQ pits and smokers to plastic food storage bags. So, Dug, you can
see that there is a real "double standard" in force on this newsgroup. If
you are "in" you can advertise bbq pits, plastic bags, or BBQ restaurants in
Florida. If you are not "in" best it would be that you never mention
anything of even a slightly commercial nature, such as "secret recipe" spice
mixes by name, and, for pity sakes... never "top post.".

If this newsgroup is about barbecue, so let it be about barbecue and NOT
about top posting, bottom posting, "Trolls" or any of the other insulting,
time-wasting, nonsensical, puppy-crap sorts of things that we constantly see
here. The posters who deal in that stuff know who they are. They are
invited to GROW UP and stop being like teen age "hackers" who infest the
Internet with their eternal nonsense. The "bad actors" do not post coherent
and useful messages here related to the art (or science) of barbecue.
Instead, they make fun of those who do, and they love to gripe about such
meaningless nonsense as "top posting" sins and the like.

Real Q-ers do better.

Best to all,
Gus Kilthau, Houston, Texas

F.G. Whitfurrows 06-02-2005 05:38 AM

Gus wrote:
<A bunch of smart ass shit aimed at irritating the rest of us while
appearing to help out the noobie.>

Gus no longer exists on *my* afb. Gus is dead to me.
Gus can kiss my ****in' ass.

There, feel better now Gus?

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Gus 06-02-2005 06:07 AM

Top Posted on Purpose...

This is what was being written about... an abosolute vulgar reply by an
absolute idiot !

Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

Gus 06-02-2005 06:24 AM

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message

> Gus wrote: WELL, I CERTAINLY DID NOT WRITE THE FOLLOWING

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> <A bunch of smart ass shit aimed at irritating the rest of us while
> appearing to help out the noobie.>
>
> Gus no longer exists on *my* afb. Gus is dead to me.
> Gus can kiss my ****in' ass.
>
> There, feel better now Gus?
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

This illustrates what I said in my posting. I don't know if "Fosco Gamgee
Whitfurrows" actually exists, but, whoever writes for "him" or for "her" it
would be nice if you would clean up your language.

Best to all,

Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

[email protected] 06-02-2005 06:35 AM

"Gus" > wrote:
> > wrote in message news:a0DMd.265340$6l.209446@pd7tw2no...
> i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site
>
> Answered by Gus...
>
> To Dug -- this newsgroup has its own rules and customs.
>
> If you want to be heard without being flogged, you must try to abide by
> those rules and customs.
>
> I, for one, don't give a fig for rules or customs;[ . . . ]they
> love to gripe about such meaningless nonsense as "top posting" sins and
> the like.
>
> Real Q-ers do better.

Gus, I believe I've read some good posts from you in the past. I don't
consider this to be one of them. Is it true that you 'don't give a fig for
rules or customs'? Do you walk around naked in public, etc? Have you read
about Usenet Netiquette? Have you read the BBQ FAQ? Are you familiar with
the concept of 'Works and plays well with others'? I restrain myself.

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten Thanks ! ! !

[email protected] 06-02-2005 06:40 AM

"Gus" > wrote:
> Top Posted on Purpose...
>
> This is what was being written about... an abosolute vulgar reply by an
> absolute idiot !
>
> Gus Kilthau
> Houston, Texas

Ah, well. It is truly written: You can lead a horse's ass to Usenet, but
you can't make him think!

Join Kevvie in my exquisite kf, Gus. AMF!

kilikini 06-02-2005 04:36 PM

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Gus wrote:
> <A bunch of smart ass shit aimed at irritating the rest of us while
> appearing to help out the noobie.>
>
> Gus no longer exists on *my* afb. Gus is dead to me.
> Gus can kiss my ****in' ass.
>
> There, feel better now Gus?

Fos, put the kids to bed, give the wifey poo a kiss for me and have yourself
a glass of BOTD. LOL

kili

cl 06-02-2005 05:22 PM

"Gus" > wrote in message
> Top Posted on Purpose...
>
> This is what was being written about... an abosolute vulgar reply by an
> absolute idiot !
>
>> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
>> and his 6" boner

Leave fosco alone. He is stuck with an average sized boner and is mad at the
world for it. Most of us prefer to use an 8 or 10inch tool instead.

-CAL

F.G. Whitfurrows 06-02-2005 05:30 PM

kilikini wrote:
> Fos, put the kids to bed, give the wifey poo a kiss for me and have
> yourself a glass of BOTD. LOL
>
> kili

Fosco's patience was wearing just a touch thin, yesterday, Kili. Fosco
guesses Fosco just wasn't in the mood to put up with butthunches like Gus
anymore so Fosco added Butthunch to Fosco's killfile and now Fosco will
never have to read another thing Butthunch posts.

Fosco feels better today.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

kilikini 06-02-2005 05:39 PM

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>> Fos, put the kids to bed, give the wifey poo a kiss for me and have
>> yourself a glass of BOTD. LOL
>>
>> kili

> Fosco's patience was wearing just a touch thin, yesterday, Kili. Fosco
> guesses Fosco just wasn't in the mood to put up with butthunches like
> Gus anymore so Fosco added Butthunch to Fosco's killfile and now
> Fosco will never have to read another thing Butthunch posts.
>
> Fosco feels better today.

Kili guesses that Fosco needs Fosco's space. Kili understands. Kili thanks
Fosco for Fosco's kind reply. No butthunch's required.

kili

Gus 06-02-2005 07:27 PM

"kilikini" > wrote in message
.. .
> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> > kilikini wrote:
> >> Fos, put the kids to bed, give the wifey poo a kiss for me and have
> >> yourself a glass of BOTD. LOL
> >>
> >> kili

> > Fosco's patience was wearing just a touch thin, yesterday, Kili. Fosco
> > guesses Fosco just wasn't in the mood to put up with butthunches like
> > Gus anymore so Fosco added Butthunch to Fosco's killfile and now
> > Fosco will never have to read another thing Butthunch posts.
> >
> > Fosco feels better today.

> Kili guesses that Fosco needs Fosco's space. Kili understands. Kili

thanks
> Fosco for Fosco's kind reply. No butthunch's required.
>
> kili

Yo-Ho, Dave...

Here's some more of that 3d person stuff you said you hated. And they even
stuck some of YOUR name into it! Man alive, will the little people never
learn any respect at all?

Gotta smile, folks. SOME people just fuss way too much about way too little
as they struggle to grow up!

Best to all,
Gus Kilthau, Houston, Texas

Duwop 06-02-2005 07:41 PM

"Gus" >

> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> > F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:

> Here's some more of that 3d person stuff you said you hated. And they even
> stuck some of YOUR name into it! Man alive, will the little people never
> learn any respect at all?
>
> Gotta smile, folks. SOME people just fuss way too much about way too

little
> as they struggle to grow up!
>
> Best to all,
> Gus Kilthau, Houston, Texas

Gus appreciated that your last few posts stopped that stylistic nonsense.
But to expect to push like you did and not get pushed back? Who's being
childish? You want to be opinionated and say anything you want without
repercussions I suggest you find some corner where nobody is listenening,
cuz people don't act like that and you know it. So stop with your act. You
want to act like an asshole expect to be treated like one. When you've been
normal, you've been treated normal. Pretty simple really, third grade stuff.

Where's YOUR respect?

Gus 06-02-2005 08:02 PM

Nick wrote:

> Gus, I believe I've read some good posts from you in the past. I don't
> consider this to be one of them. Is it true that you 'don't give a fig for
> rules or customs'? Do you walk around naked in public, etc? Have you read
> about Usenet Netiquette? Have you read the BBQ FAQ? Are you familiar with
> the concept of 'Works and plays well with others'? I restrain myself.
>
> --
> Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

And Gus comes back again... (replying to Nick and for all...)

It is a fact that I do not particularly like to follow exact rules and regs
unless they exert some meaningful import to what is going on or what should
be going on. Top and bottom posting are not of urgency at all times.
Wearing one's shrapnel helmet on top is far more important than sitting on
it. Making a note on top of someone else's note is not as vital. Thus,
when it comes to protecting the cranium, I tend to follow the rules. When
it comes to posting a note on the newsgroup, I follow the rules when it
seems important or truly polite to do so.

Chiding me about my lack of sensitivity in this sort of thing is all right,
and I sit here, sore-fingered from keying in, nicely reprimanded. The world
has my sincere apology for having top posted (on purpose at that).

But, we should better pay attention to more important things in these
messages, such as vulgarity and the obvious hypocrisy of some "insiders" as
to name-calling and "third-person" usage. On the one hand, they fuss at
things like those, while, on the other hand, freely indulge themselves in
them. Perhaps THEY (and thus WE) might benefit from a visit to the barbecue
FAQ dealie.

Attention to this newsgroup, I believe, should become mandatory for all
would-be psychiatrists as they trudge through their studies. There's a lot
of pathology -- and of course, there is also a lot of helpful, friendly,
courteous, kind-hearted advice and holding out of hands to noobies, snotty
though some of us may be.

For Q-ing purposes, I love to read the messages posted here. But to watch
what occurs when the pot is stirred with that "paddle of controversy," there
seems to be few better sources of outrageous messages than this newsgroup.
While juveniles say lots of things that should better be left unsaid, here
attending this newsgroup are supposedly ALL adults interested in
promulgation of information concerning a very special type of cooking. It
certainly does get wild when a few of the less inhibited among them drop
back into various forms of juvenile emotional frenzy and begin to carp,
gripe, cuss, swear and carry on like the fools they become.

Make you all a bet.

Not one of those people I just described would act that way were it not for
the "anonymity" of the Internet. If they believed that we were watching
them as they typed their foolish stuff, they would turn "nice" again right
quickly. Betcha !

However, fight on folks, those of you who like to do so. I find you to be
of interest.

Best to all,
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

Graeme...in London 06-02-2005 09:39 PM

"Gus" > wrote in message

<snipped unread>

> Make you all a bet.

Even money you ain't here in June!

> Not one of those people I just described would act that way were it not

for
> the "anonymity" of the Internet.

This group has **** all to do with the internet. Yes, I swore, sorry Gus.

Plonk!

Graeme

Gus 07-02-2005 12:37 AM

"Graeme...in London" > wrote in message

> This group has **** all to do with the internet. Yes, I swore, sorry Gus.
>
> Plonk!
>
> Graeme

Shoot-a-bug, Graeme. I have too long labored (sorry, Graeme, I probably
meant laboured) under the false notion that all Londoners were staid,
unemotional beings. Never would I have figured on any of them dropping down
to cussing on so small a pretext. Thanks for enlightening me and probably
many others who never, never realized that the fogbound were also word-bound
and stuck on just a few coarse, quite meaningless, expressions.

"Created" and not "procreated" might have been more appropriate, however
erroneous. Become more versatile. One gets tired of that dull-witted old "F"
word that some of the clowns around here cherish so highly.

Best to you and all...
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

[email protected] 07-02-2005 12:58 AM

"kilikini" > wrote:
> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> > Gus wrote:
> > <A bunch of smart ass shit aimed at irritating the rest of us while
> > appearing to help out the noobie.>
> >
> > Gus no longer exists on *my* afb. Gus is dead to me.
> > Gus can kiss my ****in' ass.
> >
> > There, feel better now Gus?

> Fos, put the kids to bed, give the wifey poo a kiss for me and have
> yourself a glass of BOTD. LOL

kili, what about me? I added Goofy Gus ta my Kevvie file, too!?

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Brick 07-02-2005 02:05 AM

Goodbye Gus. I wish you a healthy and prosperous year.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Brick 07-02-2005 02:36 AM

On 6-Feb-2005, wrote:

> "Gus" > wrote:
> > Top Posted on Purpose...
> >
> > This is what was being written about... an abosolute vulgar reply by an
> > absolute idiot !
> >
> > Gus Kilthau
> > Houston, Texas
> >

> Ah, well. It is truly written: You can lead a horse's ass to Usenet, but
> you can't make him think!
>
> Join Kevvie in my exquisite kf, Gus. AMF!
>
> --
> Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to:
http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

> Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten Thanks ! ! !

Ditto, and take your "I'm better then thou attitude" somewhere else. You
were
doing pretty good for awhile, but obviously it irks you to comply with the
norms
desired by this group. We won't miss you.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Steve Calvin 07-02-2005 02:42 AM

OOPS,

I think that I hit the wrong freekin' button by mistake and sent
someone on this thread a private email - my apologies to whomever.

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...

Brick 07-02-2005 02:46 AM

I'm not even going to quote that shit that Gus spouted. For sure I have
commited enough faux pas in this group to get chastised and I have
a couple of times, but for sure I don't go out of my way to antagonize
the group. Anybody who does is too stupid to stay out of my KF.
Anybody that goes out of their way on a continuing basis to 'Shit'
in their own messkit does not deserve that I waste my time reading
their drivel.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

kilikini 07-02-2005 02:51 AM

wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>>> Gus wrote:
>>> <A bunch of smart ass shit aimed at irritating the rest of us while
>>> appearing to help out the noobie.>
>>>
>>> Gus no longer exists on *my* afb. Gus is dead to me.
>>> Gus can kiss my ****in' ass.
>>>
>>> There, feel better now Gus?

>> Fos, put the kids to bed, give the wifey poo a kiss for me and have
>> yourself a glass of BOTD. LOL
>>

> kili, what about me? I added Goofy Gus ta my Kevvie file, too!?

Oh, my darling one-eyed, skirt wearing, fellow drunken fool...........PLONK.
LOL (jus' kiddin)

kili

Brick 07-02-2005 02:52 AM

On 6-Feb-2005, "F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote:

> kilikini wrote:
> > Fos, put the kids to bed, give the wifey poo a kiss for me and have
> > yourself a glass of BOTD. LOL
> >
> > kili

> Fosco's patience was wearing just a touch thin, yesterday, Kili. Fosco
> guesses Fosco just wasn't in the mood to put up with butthunches like Gus
> anymore so Fosco added Butthunch to Fosco's killfile and now Fosco will
> never have to read another thing Butthunch posts.
>
> Fosco feels better today.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

Brick just can't help it Fosco. Brick feels a whole lot better after reading
your post.
Brick won't be seeing 'Gus' anymore either. And you know what? There ain't a

'F%^&*() thing he can do about it. We don't need to include him if we don't
want
to. What good is it going to do him to post here if nobody ever sees it?

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Gus 07-02-2005 03:04 AM

"Brick" > wrote in message
> I'm not even going to quote that shit that Gus spouted. For sure I have
> commited enough faux pas in this group to get chastised and I have
> a couple of times, but for sure I don't go out of my way to antagonize
> the group. Anybody who does is too stupid to stay out of my KF.
> Anybody that goes out of their way on a continuing basis to 'Shit'
> in their own messkit does not deserve that I waste my time reading
> their drivel.
>
> Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

My, my, my...

Expletives. They surely do substitute for intelligence, do they not?

Best to all,
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

Gus 07-02-2005 03:16 AM

> wrote in message
> "kilikini" > wrote:
> > F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> > > Gus wrote:
> > > <A bunch of smart ass shit aimed at irritating the rest of us while
> > > appearing to help out the noobie.>

NO, Gus did not write THAT. These dinkheads wrote it and they are trying to
lay bad language on me. I do not speak or write that way. THEY do.

> > > Gus no longer exists on *my* afb. Gus is dead to me.
> > > Gus can kiss my ****in' ass.
> > >
> > > There, feel better now Gus?

Not particularly better, dude. Your language is sub-optimal. And why, if
Gus is "dead" to you, do you continually respond to Gus's messages?
Methinks you are one of the true dingies of this world.

> > Fos, put the kids to bed, give the wifey poo a kiss for me and have
> > yourself a glass of BOTD. LOL
> >

> kili, what about me? I added Goofy Gus ta my Kevvie file, too!?
>
> --
> Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Seems like "FOS," kili, and Nick need to grow up some.

Best to you, even so...
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

Gus is a 14-year US military veteran, so stop pontificating, Nick, OK? ( >
"Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten. Thanks ! !
")

Gus 07-02-2005 03:20 AM

"Brick" > wrote in message
> Goodbye Gus. I wish you a healthy and prosperous year.
>
> Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Well now... thank you very much Brick. I wish for you the same. I await
lots more Q news from you and others, and I hope that all of your meats and
veggies will be both tender and palatable. If you avoid reading threads
like this one, it is likely that the other posts may provide both you and me
with good Qing pointers.

Best to you and all,
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

Brick 07-02-2005 03:23 AM

On 6-Feb-2005, "Graeme...in London" > wrote:

> "Gus" > wrote in message
>
> <snipped unread>
>

> > Make you all a bet.

> Even money you ain't here in June!
>
> > Not one of those people I just described would act that way were it not

> for
> > the "anonymity" of the Internet.

> This group has **** all to do with the internet. Yes, I swore, sorry Gus.
>
> Plonk!
>
> Graeme

Graeme said it like it is. Certainly not all of the people here have met
personally,
but a hell of a lot of them have. Many have travelled cross country to visit
others
in this group. One at least has travelled from California to London to visit
member of this group. Dave Bugg was a regular in this group way before he
opened his
restaurant. People from this group travelled all the way from Florida to
Washington
State to attend his grand opening. If you wish to call that commercialisim,
you
can kiss my royal ass.It's like Big Jim's in Micanopy, FL. He's a busy man
these
days, but he still has time for us and he throws two or more gratis parties
every
year. His New Years party has become a legend. We all grieved when we lost
Jack Curry. We grieved before when we lost Cuchelain Libby. For your
information Gus, this group is a lot more then just swapping lies on the
internet.
Nobody is going to fit into this group in fifteen minutes. If you wish to
consider
this group as some kind of free entity available to anybody on the planet, I
guess
you can do that. Don't be surprised if your posts are suddenly ignored.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Matthew L. Martin 07-02-2005 03:28 AM

Gus wrote:

-- A bunch of self-important stuff completely missing the point.

Have you notice that you are antagonizing virtually everyone on this
newsgroup? If you don't like the norms of this newsgroup I encourage you
to start your own. Perhaps you can convince Kent and Cal and other like
minded people to join you.

We and you would all probably be happier.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

Steve Calvin 07-02-2005 03:47 AM

Matthew L. Martin wrote:

> Gus wrote:
>
> -- A bunch of self-important stuff completely missing the point.
>
> Have you notice that you are antagonizing virtually everyone on this
> newsgroup? If you don't like the norms of this newsgroup I encourage you
> to start your own. Perhaps you can convince Kent and Cal and other like
> minded people to join you.
>
> We and you would all probably be happier.
>
> Matthew

I miss most of these posts but see enough to know that it's raging again.

May I offer a hypothetical:

"You" are joining a club that has been in existence for quite a while.
The members have taken a majority rule vote on the bylaws for the
club. Whatever the majority view was, became the club by-laws.

Let's further assume that this club has a restaurant and bar and the
club by-laws mandate that there be no "tabs" run. All bills must be
paid by the end of business day.

Ok, now: "you" don't happen to like that or think that in today's day
and age that makes sense to you just decide that because you don't
like carrying a wallet or money, you aren't going to comply. Do you
really expect that you'd be graciously received by the membership and
welcomed? Or kicked out on "your" butt?

Gus 07-02-2005 04:03 AM

wrote:

> > "Gus" > wrote in message
> >
> > <snipped unread>
> >

> > > Make you all a bet.

> > Even money you ain't here in June!
> >
> > > Not one of those people I just described would act that way were it

not
> > for
> > > the "anonymity" of the Internet.

> > This group has **** all to do with the internet. Yes, I swore, sorry

Gus.

> > Plonk!
> >
> > Graeme

> Graeme said it like it is. Certainly not all of the people here have met
> personally,
> but a hell of a lot of them have. Many have travelled cross country to

visit
> others
> in this group. One at least has travelled from California to London to

visit
> member of this group. Dave Bugg was a regular in this group way before he
> opened his
> restaurant. People from this group travelled all the way from Florida to
> Washington
> State to attend his grand opening. If you wish to call that

commercialisim,
> you
> can kiss my royal ass.It's like Big Jim's in Micanopy, FL. He's a busy man
> these
> days, but he still has time for us and he throws two or more gratis

parties
> every
> year. His New Years party has become a legend. We all grieved when we

lost
> Jack Curry. We grieved before when we lost Cuchelain Libby. For your
> information Gus, this group is a lot more then just swapping lies on the
> internet.
> Nobody is going to fit into this group in fifteen minutes. If you wish to
> consider
> this group as some kind of free entity available to anybody on the planet,

> guess
> you can do that. Don't be surprised if your posts are suddenly ignored.
>
> Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Brick... (and all)

If idiots ignore my posts, it is OK with me.

I really do not care that some people travelled here and there, or that some
folks who tend to populate this newsgroup are crude and insulting and use
bad language... the fact is that some people are small and petty and
hypocritical in addition to being ridiculous.

There are many folks here, and there might come many more, who would be
happy to participate in DISCUSSIONS of Q if the idiots would learn how to
post without cussing and swearing and using vulgar and foul language. The
fact is, they will not do that, being who and what they are, so the rest of
us will persevere and try to pass along Q stuff to one another as best we
can despite the vulgarity and calumny laid upon us by the idiots.

So, Brick, there you have it.

Best to you and all,
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

Gus 07-02-2005 04:16 AM

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> Gus wrote:
>
> -- A bunch of self-important stuff completely missing the point.
>
> Have you notice that you are antagonizing virtually everyone on this
> newsgroup? If you don't like the norms of this newsgroup I encourage you
> to start your own. Perhaps you can convince Kent and Cal and other like
> minded people to join you.
>
> We and you would all probably be happier.
>
> Matthew

Matthew...

The only people being "antagonized" by the things I post here are the idiots
who persist in cussing, swearing, using foul language, and attacking people
directly... instead of countering IDEAS and the like. They attack like some
sort of rabid dogs and for about the same needless causes... they do not
like the smell of reasonable ideas or of "newbies."

"My stuff" is not self-important. "My stuff" has to do with common courtesy
and the use of decent language between humans. When idiots continually use
the "F" word toward people, that is neither courteous, decent, or
communicative. It is idiocy. I challenge you to go completely through this
nonsensical thread and find ONE single snippet of common sense put forth by
those who cuss and swear so freely. All they can do, seemingly, is to howl
and yowl about "that Gus guy" who calls them down for their nonsense and
juvenality. Come on, Matthew, give it a whack. You will see that this is
so... unless you, like those idiots, don't know any better.

The "norms" of this newsgroup are not, and should not be, dictated by
several foul-mouthed, black-fingered idiots whose command of the English
language seems to consist largely of words beginning with the letter, "F"
and "S." So much for your "norms of this newsgroup," Matthew. Have a nice
hot cup of tea or coffee. The caffeine might help you to wake up.

Even so... best to you and all,
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

Gus 07-02-2005 04:29 AM

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Matthew L. Martin wrote:
>
> > Gus wrote:
> >
> > -- A bunch of self-important stuff completely missing the point.
> >
> > Have you notice that you are antagonizing virtually everyone on this
> > newsgroup? If you don't like the norms of this newsgroup I encourage you
> > to start your own. Perhaps you can convince Kent and Cal and other like
> > minded people to join you.
> >
> > We and you would all probably be happier.
> >
> > Matthew
> >

> I miss most of these posts but see enough to know that it's raging again.
>
> May I offer a hypothetical:
>
> "You" are joining a club that has been in existence for quite a while.
> The members have taken a majority rule vote on the bylaws for the
> club. Whatever the majority view was, became the club by-laws.
>
> Let's further assume that this club has a restaurant and bar and the
> club by-laws mandate that there be no "tabs" run. All bills must be
> paid by the end of business day.
>
> Ok, now: "you" don't happen to like that or think that in today's day
> and age that makes sense to you just decide that because you don't
> like carrying a wallet or money, you aren't going to comply. Do you
> really expect that you'd be graciously received by the membership and
> welcomed? Or kicked out on "your" butt?
>
> --
> Steve

Steve...

I am sorry, but I simply cannot fathom what it is that you are trying to
impart
to the group. Are you dealing with Matthew, whose posting is full of errors
and misdirection, or are you dealing with Gus, whose sins include asking
folks
to stop their use of vulgar language (the "F" word, for example)... or what
is it
that you are trying to say. Surely, this newsgroup has been here for a long
time,
but it was put here to serve a USEFUL purpose and not to serve as a means by
some folks to blast other folks. Maybe that is what you meant. From your
post,
it is difficult to tell just exactly what it was that you did mean...

BUT, I agree with you on one thing that did come through just loud and
clear...
"It is raging again."

It is sort of funny. I tell those folks to quit cussing and they cuss all
the more.
Then they tell me that they have added me to their "kill file," whatever
that may
be. Next thing you know, they are back at it once again. Evidently, their
"kill
file" is defective.

But, Steve, I have only one goal. That is to get this newsgroup back into
the
business of promulgating Q.

Kinda tough to do when idiots keep on cussing and swearing and using gutter
language so as to drive fine newcomers away.

Think about that just a bit.

Best to you and all,
Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

F.G. Whitfurrows 07-02-2005 04:55 AM

Duwop wrote:
> You mean like this: Suck slimy shit freakin fat ****head!
>
> Like that? Want to see how long a sentence I can run together like
> that? Please? I'm a big fan of James Ellroy.

ROFL MAO!

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner