FoodBanter.com

-   -   i think this is silly (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/53307-i-think-silly.html)

dug88 04-02-2005 04:39 AM

i think this is silly

i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

i operate a BLOG
do an internet search and learn something

someone with a valid comment is stuck to the ass end of the page here.
the ass end comment is uselessly worthless
the current comment is what is important

you can not read upwards.

well i just read down until i am totally bored

and reading matilda makes herself barin damaged 40 times before i get to the comments is all wrong.

Actually i have heard, BLOGS, have even had books made out of them.

NOT really impressed here anyway.

Do NOT burn fire in your home anywhere, unless you have an oxygen supply.
IT will eat all the air, YOU NEED

g nite guys
try to stay alive

Dave Bugg 04-02-2005 05:00 AM

dug88 wrote:

i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

Yawn... Not only a top-posting boor, but an html brainless fop as well.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Cam 04-02-2005 01:59 PM

dug88 wrote:
i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

It's not just us. This is the Usenet. The Usenet has been around longer
than the web and it has it's own set of rules. Take a look at the link
below or do your own search for netiquette.

Cam

http://groups-beta.google.com/suppor...2348&topic=239
Summarize what you're following up.
When you click 'Reply' under 'show options' to follow up an existing

article, Google Groups includes the full article in quotes, with the
cursor at the top of the article. Tempting though it is to just start
typing your message, please STOP and do two things first. Look at the
quoted text and remove parts that are irrelevant. Then, go to the
BOTTOM of the article and start typing there. Doing this makes it much
easier for your readers to get through your post. They'll have a
reminder of the relevant text before your comment, but won't have to
re-read the entire article. And if your reply appears on a site before
the original article does, they'll get the gist of what you're talking
about.

Duwop 04-02-2005 03:45 PM

I think dugs' comment here is pretty good.
--

"Cam" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

HAH! Made you look! Get it now fool?

Default User 04-02-2005 05:28 PM

dug88 wrote:

NOT really impressed here anyway.

The feeling is MORE than mutual, I assure you.

Brian

Kevin S. Wilson 04-02-2005 06:05 PM

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 04:39:34 GMT, "dug88" wrote:

i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

This is a Usenet newsgroup; it isn't a site.

i operate a BLOG

You and a bazillion other mouth-breathers. I'm not impressed.

do an internet search and learn something

What in the blue-eyed froggy world are you babbling about?

someone with a valid comment is stuck to the ass end of the page here.
the ass end comment is uselessly worthless
the current comment is what is important

You are obviously unaware that posts arrive at different servers at
different times. Your "current" comment may be in response to a post
that many people haven't yet seen. Your rude top-posting forces them
to scroll down just to figure out what the hell you're talking about.

But don't take it from me. Do an Internet search and learn something.

you can not read upwards.

Precisely what rude top-posters force others to do.

well i just read down until i am totally bored

I'm guessing that doesn't take long. I'm also guessing you're easily
distracted by bright shiny objects.

and reading matilda makes herself barin damaged 40 times before i get to the comments is all wrong.

You think you're talking about top-posting, but you're not. You're
talking about people who don't edit out irrelevant parts of the post
they're responding to. Sadly, rude top-posters like you also tend to
be full-quoters, too dumb or too lazy to edit the post they're
replying to.

Actually i have heard, BLOGS, have even had books made out of them.

English, please. You are easily distracted, aren't you. What the hell
does a blog have to do with anything?

NOT really impressed here anyway.

Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on your way out.

That thread is over there ----------------

Dave Bugg 05-02-2005 01:07 AM

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

That thread is over there ----------------

ROLF!!!!!

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Daniel 05-02-2005 01:19 PM

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote in message
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 04:39:34 GMT, "dug88" wrote:

What in the blue-eyed froggy world are you babbling about?

==============================
Ah! A new English meaning that I don't know!
Being a Froggy myself, but not blue-eyed, I would like some
details/translations, thanks

That thread is over there ----------------

=============================
Don't flame me, my question has strictly nothing to see with that already
dead thread, thanks :-)
Cheers
Daniel

Gus 06-02-2005 04:15 AM

wrote in message news:[email protected]
i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

=========

Answered by Gus...

To Dug -- this newsgroup has its own rules and customs.

If you want to be heard without being flogged, you must try to abide by
those rules and customs.

I, for one, don't give a fig for rules or customs; however, when I bumped
into them on this newsgroup the hard way, they bumped back. All I wanted to
do was to share with the readers of the newsgroup. I got jumped on
immediately. My "sin" was mentioning a "secret recipe spice mix" (which
indeed it is). Right away, some started calling me names (many of which I
did not understand, such as "TROLL"). Further, some folks hated my calling
myself by my name. They said I was "using the third person" even though I
am only me and not one, two, three me. Not only did they object to that,
they used lots of FOUL LANGUAGE in the process of objecting. I was quite
amazed by that, as you might expect. So, it seemed to me that it would be
simpler to go along with some of the rules and customs pushed by some of
these folks who may have been here forever and to get to learn from them,
somewhat, something, anyway, even though a FEW of those folks often seem to
feel that rules and customs should override communication and commonsense.

Look at this thread. A whole bunch of ranting and raving about "top
posting" as though that were some sort of mortal sin... If you talk
nonsense and, put it into a "bottom posting" the lads and lassies here will
most likely go along with whatever nonsense you want to put forward or, at
least, tolerate your presence here. Alas. If you "top post" (as is mostly
the custom with E-mail replies) those same folks will shoot you down quicker
than a cat will lick its rear end!

As for the top/bottom post "puritins" among us, why do you not just relax
and enjoy communications that are put here in the spirit of friendship,
helpful sharing, and comradeship? In other words, quite your bitching about
such LITTLE things such as "top posting." Doggone it, why are SOME of you
so "anal" in your reactions to others whom you do not know and who do not
know or believe in your hidebound "rules"?

When I first got over here I put forth a link to a nifty "cookbook" that we
had generated based on some spice stuff that was a commecial dealie,
trademarked, etc. Next thing I knew, some of those "old-timers" here were
calling me names, such as "Troll" and the like (and what, pray tell, is a
"troll?") Anyway, Dug, you have to understand that, even though this is an
Internet newsgroup, supposedly open to you and everyone (including
Bulgarians and aborigines) , here there are some stalwarts involved who
evidently regard this as their own personal newsgroup...

(Maybe it is their's because they pay for the whole lot of it on their own?)

So, if we want to participate, we have to try (TRY) to go by the rules and
customs. I, for one, am willing and able to do that. I would hope that you
might also be willing and able to do the same.

In the meantime, I witnessed a whole lot of "advertising" for a new BBQ
joint in Florida being opened by one of the "old timers" here, but nary a
word of "Troll" involved in that... No squawks. No bad comments. (no need
for any from the way I see things, Dave!) But, you can see what I mean.
What is good for the goose, seems not to be good for the gander on this
newsgroup... and that, dear friends, is simply not right or just. Also, I
have read many and many a posting regarding commericial products ranging
from BBQ pits and smokers to plastic food storage bags. So, Dug, you can
see that there is a real "double standard" in force on this newsgroup. If
you are "in" you can advertise bbq pits, plastic bags, or BBQ restaurants in
Florida. If you are not "in" best it would be that you never mention
anything of even a slightly commercial nature, such as "secret recipe" spice
mixes by name, and, for pity sakes... never "top post.".

If this newsgroup is about barbecue, so let it be about barbecue and NOT
about top posting, bottom posting, "Trolls" or any of the other insulting,
time-wasting, nonsensical, puppy-crap sorts of things that we constantly see
here. The posters who deal in that stuff know who they are. They are
invited to GROW UP and stop being like teen age "hackers" who infest the
Internet with their eternal nonsense. The "bad actors" do not post coherent
and useful messages here related to the art (or science) of barbecue.
Instead, they make fun of those who do, and they love to gripe about such
meaningless nonsense as "top posting" sins and the like.

Real Q-ers do better.

Best to all,
Gus Kilthau, Houston, Texas

F.G. Whitfurrows 06-02-2005 04:38 AM

Gus wrote:
A bunch of smart ass shit aimed at irritating the rest of us while
appearing to help out the noobie.

Gus no longer exists on *my* afb. Gus is dead to me.
Gus can kiss my ****in' ass.

There, feel better now Gus?

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Gus 06-02-2005 05:07 AM

Top Posted on Purpose...

This is what was being written about... an abosolute vulgar reply by an
absolute idiot !

Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

Gus 06-02-2005 05:24 AM

"F.G. Whitfurrows" wrote in message

Gus wrote: WELL, I CERTAINLY DID NOT WRITE THE FOLLOWING

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bunch of smart ass shit aimed at irritating the rest of us while
appearing to help out the noobie.

Gus no longer exists on *my* afb. Gus is dead to me.
Gus can kiss my ****in' ass.

There, feel better now Gus?

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

This illustrates what I said in my posting. I don't know if "Fosco Gamgee
Whitfurrows" actually exists, but, whoever writes for "him" or for "her" it
would be nice if you would clean up your language.

Best to all,

Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

[email protected] 06-02-2005 05:35 AM

"Gus" wrote:
wrote in message news:[email protected]
i have no idea why you post relevance last, on this site

Answered by Gus...

To Dug -- this newsgroup has its own rules and customs.

If you want to be heard without being flogged, you must try to abide by
those rules and customs.

I, for one, don't give a fig for rules or customs;[ . . . ]they
love to gripe about such meaningless nonsense as "top posting" sins and
the like.

Real Q-ers do better.

Gus, I believe I've read some good posts from you in the past. I don't
consider this to be one of them. Is it true that you 'don't give a fig for
rules or customs'? Do you walk around naked in public, etc? Have you read
about Usenet Netiquette? Have you read the BBQ FAQ? Are you familiar with
the concept of 'Works and plays well with others'? I restrain myself.

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten Thanks ! ! !

[email protected] 06-02-2005 05:40 AM

"Gus" wrote:
Top Posted on Purpose...

This is what was being written about... an abosolute vulgar reply by an
absolute idiot !

Gus Kilthau
Houston, Texas

Ah, well. It is truly written: You can lead a horse's ass to Usenet, but
you can't make him think!

Join Kevvie in my exquisite kf, Gus. AMF!

kilikini 06-02-2005 03:36 PM

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
Gus wrote:
A bunch of smart ass shit aimed at irritating the rest of us while
appearing to help out the noobie.

Gus no longer exists on *my* afb. Gus is dead to me.
Gus can kiss my ****in' ass.

There, feel better now Gus?

Fos, put the kids to bed, give the wifey poo a kiss for me and have yourself
a glass of BOTD. LOL

kili