Miranda Writes

Default Jack Curry- Memorial-SYNCHRONIZE YOUR WATCHES!

Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.

Miranda
the Barbecue Widow

To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
kiss to fit in?"
Matthew L. Martin

Miranda Writes wrote:
> Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
> Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
> For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
> Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
>

> Miranda
> the Barbecue Widow
>
> To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
> kiss to fit in?"

I'll be there. I wonder if I can find a cuy to cook in remembrance ...

Matthew (no, not you Fosco)

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
F.G. Whitfurrows

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> Miranda Writes wrote:
>> Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
>> Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
>> For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
>> Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
>>

>> Miranda
>> the Barbecue Widow
>>
>> To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
>> kiss to fit in?"

> I'll be there. I wonder if I can find a cuy to cook in remembrance ...
>
> Matthew (no, not you Fosco)

now thats funny. Good one. It even took *me* a second to get it.<g>

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

F.G. Whitfurrows

Miranda Writes wrote:
> Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
> Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
> For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
> Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.

My grill will be fired up long before noon for the Jack Curry Worldwide
Memorial Cook as I'll be doing butts and don't intend to stay up till 3am to
get em cooked. But as I'm cooking those butts (and ribs which I will throw
on precisely at noon) I will most definitely lift a glass in Jacks honor at
12pm PST. Is Guinness the ale Jack would prefer? If so, then so be it!

By God, this we shall do, in the name of frienship and with respect.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Miranda Writes > wrote:
> Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
> Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
> For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
> Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
>
> Miranda
> the Barbecue Widow
>
> To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
> kiss to fit in?"

Thanks, Miranda. My plan is to do Jack's Cole Slaw and Grilled Chicken
Breasts with Horseradish White Sauce, but even if those plans go awry, I'll
still be tippin' a Jameson's with Guinness chaser in his honor at high noon
here in KKKalifornia.

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten Thanks ! ! !

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:
> Miranda Writes wrote:
> > Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
> > Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
> > For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
> > Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
> >
> > Miranda
> > the Barbecue Widow
> >
> > To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
> > kiss to fit in?"

> I'll be there. I wonder if I can find a cuy to cook in remembrance ...

Guinea pig rescue:

"Adopting a friend
We require an interview to insure our animals go only to people committed
to providing a safe, loving, permanent home for them.

Our adoption contract requires that our animals will not be bred and will
be housed indoors in an appropriate cage.[]

Our adoption fees for guinea pigs are $20 for one, or $30 for a pair of
animals,[]"

Doesn't say anything about not eating them!

> Matthew (no, not you Fosco)

LMAO Thanks, Matthew. I wonder if I can find a cuz to cook for me in
remembrance ...

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten Thanks ! ! !
Steve Calvin

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Miranda Writes wrote:
>
>> Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
>>Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
>>For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
>>Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
>>

> My grill will be fired up long before noon for the Jack Curry Worldwide
> Memorial Cook as I'll be doing butts and don't intend to stay up till 3am to
> get em cooked. But as I'm cooking those butts (and ribs which I will throw
> on precisely at noon) I will most definitely lift a glass in Jacks honor at
> 12pm PST. Is Guinness the ale Jack would prefer? If so, then so be it!
>
> By God, this we shall do, in the name of frienship and with respect.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

I'm with ya Fos. Glass raised at 3:00pm EST.(precisely) I'm a
"bachelor" this week so I'll probably skimp and go with ribs. Got the
chimney of lump ready to fire up and toss in the WSM. Rain/shine/cold
whatever. It's getting fired up on Saturday. Great idea, he'd probably
love it.

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.

Clay Cahill

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 02:29:44 GMT, Miranda Writes
> wrote:

> For folks on the
>Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.

Ribs aren't going on until 1:30... But I'll crack a Guiness at noon.
--
Standard Disclaimer:
My Employer gives my internet access, but I don't speak for them...

Clay Cahill 2004

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late
nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - David Lee Roth
Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 02:29:44 GMT, Miranda Writes
> wrote:

> Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
>Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
>For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
>Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
>

>Miranda
>the Barbecue Widow
>
>To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
>kiss to fit in?"

We have serious incoming 'partly cloudy' [Calgary Style] and it's
Incoming. The temps gone down 2 degrees c in the last 5 minutes. BBQ
is out for tomorrow. But I *will* start a batch of the Italian
sausage sauce that Jack adopted from me.
And definitely hoist a toast - that will be 4 PM local time to be
instep with the other time zones.

Harry
posting [again] from Ice Station Calgary

Dick Thompson

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 02:29:44 GMT, Miranda Writes
> > wrote:
>

> > Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
> >Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
> >For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
> >Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
> >

> >Miranda
> >the Barbecue Widow
> >
> >To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
> >kiss to fit in?"

> We have serious incoming 'partly cloudy' [Calgary Style] and it's
> Incoming. The temps gone down 2 degrees c in the last 5 minutes. BBQ
> is out for tomorrow. But I *will* start a batch of the Italian
> sausage sauce that Jack adopted from me.
> And definitely hoist a toast - that will be 4 PM local time to be
> instep with the other time zones.
>
> Harry
> posting [again] from Ice Station Calgary

Harry, you hitting the Guinness already? 4PM? That's Halifax time or is it
Newfoundland, I forget? But Calgary would be 1PM. Don't want you to be
tardy, eh.

Not that I needed an excuse to fire up the WSM Sat but this is
as good a reason as ever.

Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:12:56 -0800, "Dick Thompson"
> wrote:

>"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 02:29:44 GMT, Miranda Writes
>> > wrote:
>>

>> > Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
>> >Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
>> >For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
>> >Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
>> >

>> >Miranda
>> >the Barbecue Widow
>> >
>> >To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
>> >kiss to fit in?"

>> We have serious incoming 'partly cloudy' [Calgary Style] and it's
>> Incoming. The temps gone down 2 degrees c in the last 5 minutes. BBQ
>> is out for tomorrow. But I *will* start a batch of the Italian
>> sausage sauce that Jack adopted from me.
>> And definitely hoist a toast - that will be 4 PM local time to be
>> instep with the other time zones.
>>
>> Harry
>> posting [again] from Ice Station Calgary
>>

>Harry, you hitting the Guinness already? 4PM? That's Halifax time or is it
>Newfoundland, I forget? But Calgary would be 1PM. Don't want you to be
>tardy, eh.

Sorry - that was a Finger Fart. I was thinking of what would need to
go on at 4 . . . 0

Harry
Piedmont

Miranda Writes wrote:
> Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
> Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
> For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
> Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
>

> Miranda
> the Barbecue Widow
>
> To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
> kiss to fit in?"

Well, I started out saying I would be doing some meat loafs, now it's
taking on a life of its own! (grin) Just finished power thawing two
slabs of spares, now getting ready to rub them for tomorrow! Then I have
to make a batch of Bar B Q Sauce, as I ran out of homemade sauce 3 days ago.

I'm trying something different with the meatloaf, this time I'm mixing
the beef burger with 50/50 homemade breakfast sausage, stuffed with
green olives. Was gonna do chicken wings too but see that I ran out them
after eyeballing the freezer contents.

Then I'll sweet talk the wife into making a batch of cornbread with
crack'lins. Hot N fresh out of the oven, smothered in sweet cream
butter.. Oh Lourdy!

I'm really debating if I'll have time to make a Pig Pick'n Cake too, by
gosh they are too tasty for desert!

Here's to you Jack!!!

--
Reards: Mike Willsey (Piedmont)
"The Practical Bar-B-Q'r!"

Charities; Oxfam GB: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/about_us/index.htm,
Operation Smile: http://www.operationsmile.org/

If you or a loved one has thyroid issues, please have their thyroid
checked for radiation levels!

Chef Juke

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 02:29:44 GMT, Miranda Writes
> wrote:

> Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
>Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
>For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
>Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
>

>Miranda
>the Barbecue Widow
>
>To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
>kiss to fit in?"

Been home sick the last 2 days but woke up this morning feeling fine.
Heading to the store in just a bit to get a Guinness and some ribeyes
(didn't have a chance to set up to Que today...).

Will hoist the Guinness at Noon Sharp left coast time and grill up the
ribeyes for dinner tonight. Will be making Jack's Pastrami recipe
this week.

Posting Jack's AFB laminate pic to alt.binaries.food....

Cheers, Jack....Rest in peace....

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Chef Juke