F.G. Whitfurrows

Default Memorial cook?

Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it is, but maybe if
everyone decided to fire up the cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol'
Jack would be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain, freeze or shine
in Jacks honor. What else could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Pete Romfh

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if
> it is, but maybe if everyone decided to fire up the
> cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol' Jack would
> be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood
> smoke as it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin'
> come rain, freeze or shine in Jacks honor. What else
> could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

I think it isn't tacky at all. I'm sure Jack would be honored by smoke
rising from cookers around the globe. My butt (or other suitable product)
will be on the fire Saturday also. An extra special beer will also be raised
in his honor.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org

Louis Cohen

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it is, but maybe if
> everyone decided to fire up the cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol'
> Jack would be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain, freeze or shine
> in Jacks honor. What else could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

If he didn't get into heaven, at least we know who's running the grill.

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877
Harry Demidavicius

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:41:01 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if
>> it is, but maybe if everyone decided to fire up the
>> cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol' Jack would
>> be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood
>> smoke as it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin'
>> come rain, freeze or shine in Jacks honor. What else
>> could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

>I think it isn't tacky at all. I'm sure Jack would be honored by smoke
>rising from cookers around the globe. My butt (or other suitable product)
>will be on the fire Saturday also. An extra special beer will also be raised
>in his honor.

Hopefully here too, but , Alas, the Weather nazis are prediction the
return to Ice Station Calgary starting Friday. We'll work on a
suitable indoor 'cook' .

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 06:24:11 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:41:01 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:
>
>>F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>>> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if
>>> it is, but maybe if everyone decided to fire up the
>>> cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol' Jack would
>>> be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood
>>> smoke as it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin'
>>> come rain, freeze or shine in Jacks honor. What else
>>> could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

>>I think it isn't tacky at all. I'm sure Jack would be honored by smoke
>>rising from cookers around the globe. My butt (or other suitable product)
>>will be on the fire Saturday also. An extra special beer will also be raised
>>in his honor.

>Hopefully here too, but , Alas, the Weather nazis are prediction the
>return to Ice Station Calgary starting Friday. We'll work on a
>suitable indoor 'cook' .
>
>Harry

errm . . . 'predictING' . . . sorry

Harry

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 06:24:11 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:41:01 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:
>
>>F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>>> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if
>>> it is, but maybe if everyone decided to fire up the
>>> cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol' Jack would
>>> be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood
>>> smoke as it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin'
>>> come rain, freeze or shine in Jacks honor. What else
>>> could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

>>I think it isn't tacky at all. I'm sure Jack would be honored by smoke
>>rising from cookers around the globe. My butt (or other suitable product)
>>will be on the fire Saturday also. An extra special beer will also be raised
>>in his honor.

>Hopefully here too, but , Alas, the Weather nazis are prediction the
>return to Ice Station Calgary starting Friday. We'll work on a
>suitable indoor 'cook' .
>
>Harry

errm . . . 'predictING' . . . sorry

Harry
kilikini

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it is, but
> maybe if everyone decided to fire up the cookers and Q a coupla butts
> on Saturday Ol' Jack would be able enjoy the aroma of the meat
> cookin' and the wood smoke as it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll
> be cookin' come rain, freeze or shine in Jacks honor. What else could
> I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

I think it's a great idea, Fos. We'll fire up the WSM and toast a beer to
the sky.

kili

Matthew L. Martin

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it is, but maybe if
> everyone decided to fire up the cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol'
> Jack would be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain, freeze or shine
> in Jacks honor. What else could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

I probably wouldn't have gotten my Kamados if not for Jack. He might
never have had a low and slow black cherry smoked chicken if not for me.
I'll be sending some chicken grease laden black cherry smoke his way.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Graeme...in London

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it is, but maybe

if
> everyone decided to fire up the cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday

Ol'
> Jack would be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke

as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain, freeze or

shine
> in Jacks honor. What else could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner
> -imagining a mass Q session worldwide-

You can count me in for sure, regardless of the predicted -4C forecast.
I'll
be cooking one of Jacks favourites.

Graeme (this place dosen't feel the same)

Nathan Lau

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:

> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it is, but maybe if
> everyone decided to fire up the cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol'
> Jack would be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain, freeze or shine
> in Jacks honor. What else could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

Already doing some ribs tomorrow. Maybe a brisket (fat toward the
flame) on Saturday?

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>
Jeanine Hoffman

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:16:11 -0800, "F.G. Whitfurrows"
> wrote:

>Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it is, but maybe if
>everyone decided to fire up the cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol'
>Jack would be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
>it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain, freeze or shine
>in Jacks honor. What else could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

I haven't fired Lil' Joey up in a heck of a long time-this saturday
I'm gonna have to do something-I thinkn a memorial smoke is a great
idea! Thanks Fos, I'm in!

Jeanine
Piedmont

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it is, but maybe if
> everyone decided to fire up the cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol'
> Jack would be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain, freeze or shine
> in Jacks honor. What else could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

Excellent idea Fos! I'll probably do some smoked meat loaf. Dana
mentioned Jack's pastrami, by gosh I was craving some after watching a
show about sandwiches on PBS last night, must a-been Jack nudg'in me. I
gotta look it up!

--
Mike Willsey (Piedmont)
"The Practical Bar-B-Q'r!"

Charities; Oxfam GB: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/about_us/index.htm,
Operation Smile: http://www.operationsmile.org/

If you or a loved one has thyroid issues, please have their thyroid
checked for radiation levels!

Dan Overes

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:

> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it is, but maybe if
> everyone decided to fire up the cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol'
> Jack would be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain, freeze or shine
> in Jacks honor. What else could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jack, but I feel a real sense of
loss over this news. Count me in, even though our weather is going to
be turning bad -- that's why God invented remote thermometers.

Here's to you, Jack.

Monroe, of course...

, "F.G. Whitfurrows"
> wrote:

> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it is, but maybe
> if
> everyone decided to fire up the cookers and Q a coupla butts on Saturday
> Ol'
> Jack would be able enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke
> as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain, freeze or
> shine
> in Jacks honor. What else could I really do? He taught me a helluva lot.

Not tacky at all.

Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.

Miranda
the Barbecue Widow

To quote our departed friend: " Whose ass here on A.R.K. do I need to
kiss to fit in?"

F.G. Whitfurrows

Monroe, of course... wrote:

> Not tacky at all.
>
> Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.
> Please fire up your grills or lift a Guinness then in his memory.
> For our friends in GB, that'll be 8 pm your time. For folks on the
> Left Coast of the Yew Ess, that's noon.
>
>]

My grill will be fired up long before noon for the Jack Curry Worldwide
Memorial Cook as I'll be doing butts and don't intend to stay up till 3am to
get em cooked. But as I'm cooking those butts (and ribs which I will throw
on precisely at noon) I will most definitely lift a glass in Jacks honor at
12pm PST. Is Guinness the ale Jack would prefer? If so, then so be it!

Shed a tear and lift an ale, for a significant soul has passed.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

George B. Ross

F.G. Whitfurrows ) opined:

> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it
> is, but maybe if everyone decided to fire up the cookers
> and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol' Jack would be able
> enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain,
> freeze or shine in Jacks honor. What else could I really
> do? He taught me a helluva lot.

I'll be sending a little smoke Jack's way come Saturday evening.
An 18lb turkey, 2 12lb briskets, and 2 7lb butts are going on
the smoker for the Super Bowl and to restock my freezer.
January sure took it's toll on my freezered meat selections.

--
George B. Ross is
remove the obvious bits for email
George B. Ross

F.G. Whitfurrows ) opined:

> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it
> is, but maybe if everyone decided to fire up the cookers
> and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol' Jack would be able
> enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain,
> freeze or shine in Jacks honor. What else could I really
> do? He taught me a helluva lot.

I'll be sending a little smoke Jack's way come Saturday evening.
An 18lb turkey, 2 12lb briskets, and 2 7lb butts are going on
the smoker for the Super Bowl and to restock my freezer.
January sure took it's toll on my freezered meat selections.

--
George B. Ross is
remove the obvious bits for email
Why is it that being a good boy and being good at being
a boy don't require the same set of skills? - anonymous
Lew/+Silat

Im in................

--
Lew/+Silat

Lew/+Silat

Im in................

--
Lew/+Silat

Duwop

Started about an hour ago. Butt N Chix.

1st time using a garage sale pick up of a little NB unit. Won't fit much
more than two butts in it.

The good smells will be going his way in a few hours.

Dale

Pete Romfh

Duwop wrote:
> Started about an hour ago. Butt N Chix.
>
> 1st time using a garage sale pick up of a little NB unit.
> Won't fit much more than two butts in it.
>
> The good smells will be going his way in a few hours.
> Dale

Picked up three salmon filets from the fishmonger early this AM.
They are currently residing in brine while I clean & prep the WSM.

Six pack of texas beer is chilled & ready.
--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org

Attached Thumbnails
Memorial cook?-s_smksalmon1.jpg  Memorial cook?-s_smksalmon7.jpg
kilikini

Pete Romfh wrote:
> Duwop wrote:
>> Started about an hour ago. Butt N Chix.
>>
>> 1st time using a garage sale pick up of a little NB unit.
>> Won't fit much more than two butts in it.
>>
>> The good smells will be going his way in a few hours.
>> Dale

> Picked up three salmon filets from the fishmonger early this AM.
> They are currently residing in brine while I clean & prep the WSM.
>
> Six pack of texas beer is chilled & ready.

Pete, can't wait for the final pix. It looks awesome already.

kili

kilikini

Pete Romfh wrote:
> Duwop wrote:
>> Started about an hour ago. Butt N Chix.
>>
>> 1st time using a garage sale pick up of a little NB unit.
>> Won't fit much more than two butts in it.
>>
>> The good smells will be going his way in a few hours.
>> Dale

> Picked up three salmon filets from the fishmonger early this AM.
> They are currently residing in brine while I clean & prep the WSM.
>
> Six pack of texas beer is chilled & ready.

Pete, can't wait for the final pix. It looks awesome already.

kili

Niki

Pete Romfh wrote:

> Picked up three salmon filets from the fishmonger early this AM.
> They are currently residing in brine while I clean & prep the WSM.

I just love salmon. Can't wait til my neighbor his WA again and brings back
some more.

--
Niki
Jack Sloan

"Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
> Im in................
>
> --
> Lew/+Silat

I've got some country style pork ribs on the Grill Dome as we speak . put
'em on at 3 eastern...2 my time
Jake

Jack Sloan

"Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
> Im in................
>
> --
> Lew/+Silat

I've got some country style pork ribs on the Grill Dome as we speak . put
'em on at 3 eastern...2 my time
Jake

George B. Ross

F.G. Whitfurrows ) opined:

> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it
> is, but maybe if everyone decided to fire up the cookers
> and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol' Jack would be able
> enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain,
> freeze or shine in Jacks honor. What else could I really
> do? He taught me a helluva lot.

I just (50min ago) put 2 briskets on and have 2 butts to go on
in a bit. The turkey is going on at 7am. The turkey and 1
brisket are for a Super Bowl party, the rest is going in the
freezer!

Here's to Jack! (hoisting a Dr. Pepper, for now)

--
George B. Ross is
remove the obvious bits for email
Why is it that being a good boy and being good at being
a boy don't require the same set of skills? - anonymous
George B. Ross

F.G. Whitfurrows ) opined:

> Perhaps it would be tacky to suggest....just shoot me if it
> is, but maybe if everyone decided to fire up the cookers
> and Q a coupla butts on Saturday Ol' Jack would be able
> enjoy the aroma of the meat cookin' and the wood smoke as
> it wafts its way to the heavens. I'll be cookin' come rain,
> freeze or shine in Jacks honor. What else could I really
> do? He taught me a helluva lot.

I just (50min ago) put 2 briskets on and have 2 butts to go on
in a bit. The turkey is going on at 7am. The turkey and 1
brisket are for a Super Bowl party, the rest is going in the
freezer!

Here's to Jack! (hoisting a Dr. Pepper, for now)

--
George B. Ross is
remove the obvious bits for email
Why is it that being a good boy and being good at being
a boy don't require the same set of skills? - anonymous

Harry Demidavicius

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:00:05 -0600, "Jack Sloan" >
wrote:

>"Lew/+Silat" > wrote in message
>> Im in................
>>
>> --
>> Lew/+Silat

>I've got some country style pork ribs on the Grill Dome as we speak . put
>'em on at 3 eastern...2 my time
>Jake

The storm that had been predicted did arrive - so the memorial Cook
has been postponed. The Memorial Toast was the last of my 15 year old
Laphroaig - about 6 ozs. Pic not taken.

See you around, Jack!

Harry
Default User

Monroe, of course... wrote:

> Jack's memorial service is at 3pm Eastern time this Saturday.

It was picture-perfect in St. Louis today, partly cloudy and nearly
60F. Fired up the WSM and did a butt, a corned beef point-cut brisket,
and a bunch of sausages that had been hanging around the freezer.

Brian

Memorial Day BBQ ImStillMags General Cooking 19 29-05-2014 06:30 AM
Memorial Day BBQ [email protected] Barbecue 18 05-06-2012 04:54 PM
memorial day?? Charly Horse Barbecue 15 02-06-2010 03:22 AM
Memorial Day Cook-Out / Need Input Goomba[_2_] General Cooking 40 01-06-2010 12:25 AM
Memorial cook? F.G. Whitfurrows Barbecue 0 02-02-2005 03:16 AM