JakBQuik

Default Other uses for pulled pork?

Besides sammiches or being rolled in tortillas, do you guys make use of
pulled pork in any recipes? The only one I've thought of is to throw some
into some pinto beans. I'd like to hear your ideas.

John in Austin

ToLo

JakBQuik said on 1/29/2005 2:06 PM:
> Besides sammiches or being rolled in tortillas, do you guys make use of
> pulled pork in any recipes? The only one I've thought of is to throw some
> into some pinto beans. I'd like to hear your ideas.
>
> John in Austin

Oddly, while I was researching Dynosaur BBQ website, I saw this recipe
in an area where people submit recipes:

Memphis Style BBQ Spaghetti

Ingredients

* 2 TB Olive Oil
* 2 TB Butter
* 1 med. onion
* 1 med. green pepper
* 2 jalapeno peppers
* 4-5 cloves garlic
* 1/2 cup Sherry or wine (red or white)
* 1-28oz. can crushed tomatoes
* 1 package Dinosaur BBQ Pulled Pork
* 1 Bottle Dinosaur BBQ Sauce
* 1 cup water
* 2 TB Fresh Parsley
* 1 Lb. Spaghetti
* grated parmesan
* salt & pepper

Step 1: Heat oil & butter & cook onion and pepper ‘til soft. Then add
garlic and cook ‘til soft
Step 2: Hit pan w/Sherry or wine then add crushed tomatos, BBQ sauce &
water. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer.
Step 3: Fold in Pulled Pork & simmer approx. 10-15 minutes then add
fresh parsley & salt & pepper to taste.
Step 4: Cook spaghetti to box instructions, drain well then put it into
a saute pan with 1/2 of the sauce mixture.
Cook 1-2 minutes ‘till sauce thoroughly coats spaghetti.. Plate then add
additional sauce & grated cheese.

================================
Use your own sauce and pulled pork and tell us how it comes out!!
Duwop

> JakBQuik said on 1/29/2005 2:06 PM:
> > Besides sammiches or being rolled in tortillas, do you guys make use of
> > pulled pork in any recipes? The only one I've thought of is to throw

some
> > into some pinto beans. I'd like to hear your ideas.
> >
> > John in Austin

Posted this last week:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...af3d471bd9cdf4

Dale

Brick

On 29-Jan-2005, "JakBQuik" > wrote:

> Besides sammiches or being rolled in tortillas, do you guys make use of
> pulled pork in any recipes? The only one I've thought of is to throw some
>
> into some pinto beans. I'd like to hear your ideas.
>
> John in Austin

Pulled Pork

Enchiladas
Tostadas
Tacos
Open Faced Sandwiches
Pulled Pork Salad
Ranch Beans
Pulled pork and sauce=Sloppy Joes
Pulled pork, home fries (Or oven fries) and potatoes for breakfast

Pulled pork is almost as good as a wet dream.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

BigDog

JakBQuik wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> Besides sammiches or being rolled in tortillas, do you guys
> make use of pulled pork in any recipes? The only one I've
> thought of is to throw some into some pinto beans. I'd
> like to hear your ideas.
>
> John in Austin

With some veggies and pasta.

--