PilotWI

Default BBQ in Seattle

Going to Seattle and need ideas on BBQ places there.

Thanks

Bob

Radar

On 3 Jan 2005 08:10:34 -0800, "PilotWI" >
wrote:

>Going to Seattle and need ideas on BBQ places there.
>
>Thanks
>
>Bob

I'd recommend skipping the BBQ and trying the salmon. Get some
alder-planked salmon, which is a type of BBQ, sort of.

I grew up in a little town in Alabama with about 10,000 people. The
third-best BBQ place there was way better than anything I've found in
ten years in Seattle. On the other hand, the fresh seafood out here is
pretty spectacular.
Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:23:32 -0800, Radar > wrote:

>On 3 Jan 2005 08:10:34 -0800, "PilotWI" >
>wrote:
>
>>Going to Seattle and need ideas on BBQ places there.
>>

>I'd recommend skipping the BBQ and trying the salmon. Get some
>alder-planked salmon, which is a type of BBQ, sort of.
>
>I grew up in a little town in Alabama with about 10,000 people. The
>third-best BBQ place there was way better than anything I've found in
>ten years in Seattle. On the other hand, the fresh seafood out here is
>pretty spectacular.

Good advice. I understand the original poster's motivation here, since
I also like to sniff out BBQ whenever I travel. But there's much to be
said about going with the local claim to fame.

Matthew L. Martin

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> But there's much to be
> said about going with the local claim to fame.

I didn't order sushi during a recent trip to Kansas.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Harry Demidavicius

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:23:32 -0800, Radar > wrote:

>On 3 Jan 2005 08:10:34 -0800, "PilotWI" >
>wrote:
>
>>Going to Seattle and need ideas on BBQ places there.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Bob

>I'd recommend skipping the BBQ and trying the salmon. Get some
>alder-planked salmon, which is a type of BBQ, sort of.
>
>I grew up in a little town in Alabama with about 10,000 people. The
>third-best BBQ place there was way better than anything I've found in
>ten years in Seattle. On the other hand, the fresh seafood out here is
>pretty spectacular.

Yup - Elliott's for seafood and shellfish; McCormick's for planked
Salmon; Salumi's for the experiience.

Harry

Homer Gomer

wrote:

>Going to Seattle and need ideas on BBQ places there.
>
>Thanks
>
>Bob

I haven't lived in Seattle in years, but when I did there was a great
little hole in the wall on Beacon Hill called Willie's Taste of Soul.
If he is still there, his brisket is very good, the beans are great
(rib tips mixed in) and the 7Up poundcake is to die for (his
grandmother's recipe).

Louis Cohen

Radar wrote:
> On 3 Jan 2005 08:10:34 -0800, "PilotWI" >
> wrote:
>

>>Going to Seattle and need ideas on BBQ places there.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Bob

> I'd recommend skipping the BBQ and trying the salmon. Get some
> alder-planked salmon, which is a type of BBQ, sort of.
>
> I grew up in a little town in Alabama with about 10,000 people. The
> third-best BBQ place there was way better than anything I've found in
> ten years in Seattle. On the other hand, the fresh seafood out here is
> pretty spectacular.

Are the Ivar's restaurants still in business?

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877
Dick Thompson

"Homer Gomer" > wrote in message
> On 3 Jan 2005 08:10:34 -0800, "PilotWI" >
> wrote:
>
> >Going to Seattle and need ideas on BBQ places there.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Bob

> I haven't lived in Seattle in years, but when I did there was a great
> little hole in the wall on Beacon Hill called Willie's Taste of Soul.
> If he is still there, his brisket is very good, the beans are great
> (rib tips mixed in) and the 7Up poundcake is to die for (his
> grandmother's recipe).

Willie's is still there, and not bad. Nice man.

Dick Thompson

"Louis Cohen" > wrote in message
> Radar wrote:
> > On 3 Jan 2005 08:10:34 -0800, "PilotWI" >
> > wrote:
> >

> >>Going to Seattle and need ideas on BBQ places there.
> >>
> >>Thanks
> >>
> >>Bob

> > I'd recommend skipping the BBQ and trying the salmon. Get some
> > alder-planked salmon, which is a type of BBQ, sort of.
> >
> > I grew up in a little town in Alabama with about 10,000 people. The
> > third-best BBQ place there was way better than anything I've found in
> > ten years in Seattle. On the other hand, the fresh seafood out here is
> > pretty spectacular.

> Are the Ivar's restaurants still in business?
>
> --

Ivar's are all over the city. The original on the waterfront and the Salmon
House on Lake Union are their best. There are many, many other excellent
seafood places here in Seattle.

Lew/+Silat

PilotWI wrote:
> Going to Seattle and need ideas on BBQ places there.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

Dont really think of BBQ as good in Seattle
Try the fish...

--
Lew/+Silat

kilikini

"Dick Thompson" > wrote in message

> "Louis Cohen" > wrote in message
>> Radar wrote:

>> > I'd recommend skipping the BBQ and trying the salmon. Get some
>> > alder-planked salmon, which is a type of BBQ, sort of.
>> >
>> > I grew up in a little town in Alabama with about 10,000 people. The
>> > third-best BBQ place there was way better than anything I've found in
>> > ten years in Seattle. On the other hand, the fresh seafood out here is
>> > pretty spectacular.

>> Are the Ivar's restaurants still in business?
>>
>> --
>>

> Ivar's are all over the city. The original on the waterfront and the
> Salmon
> House on Lake Union are their best. There are many, many other excellent
> seafood places here in Seattle.

Or try Duke's for their Dungeness Crab Chowder with Bourbon. Just don't
think about how caloric it is. It's SOOOOOOOOOO awesome.

kili

cl

kilikini wrote:

> "Dick Thompson" > wrote in message

> >> Are the Ivar's restaurants still in business?
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > Ivar's are all over the city. The original on the waterfront and the
> > Salmon
> > House on Lake Union are their best. There are many, many other excellent
> > seafood places here in Seattle.
> >

> Or try Duke's for their Dungeness Crab Chowder with Bourbon. Just don't
> think about how caloric it is. It's SOOOOOOOOOO awesome.
>
> kili

What the hell does this have to do with Kevin?

-CAL

(hehe)

Seattle Bag Tax squirltop General Cooking 40 29-08-2009 03:02 AM
Seattle visit Bob General Cooking 31 08-08-2005 06:49 AM
BBQ in Seattle PilotWI Barbecue 3 04-01-2005 02:11 PM
AAR Seattle Lew/+Silat Barbecue 2 17-02-2004 10:45 PM
Anyone in Seattle? Brandon J. Van Every Tea 0 10-01-2004 08:12 AM